PDA

View Full Version : the "power" to be racist?

food for thought
07-28-2009, 01:21 PM
lets discuss this

some of our intellectual leaders when accused of being racist, sometimes respond with something to the effect of " I have no power for me to be a racist"

have you heard this?

to some it may sound crazy, but it actually is quite accurate imo

lets discuss what they mean when they say this

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-28-2009, 01:23 PM
why is every thread in here about race

take that shit to gen chat

its got nothing to do with knowledge

all this "Race" shit is just trivial bs in the grand scheme of life. Open your mind to nature and the universe.

Inspectah_Dirk
07-28-2009, 01:28 PM
Hmm, good one. Tough for me tho, since it's another language, and thus i could interpret it in a different way.

In my opinion, it something like saying they're too good of a person to be a racist or something. Not in those direct words, and they most likely don't want it to sound like that (cause that would be cocky), but still.

Something like power in a wrong kinda way, the power of stupidity haha. I don't really know.

But why can't people with power (like intellectual leaders) just say something racist? Just shows they are human you know. Everybody has opinions about stuff and people, they do as well. But it's like they have to please everyone, so they can't really give their opinions.

food for thought
07-28-2009, 01:30 PM

dont exagerate

yes it does

fuck i look like doing that?

who the fuck in general hat can discuss this with relevant, factual information

besides, i dont want this to be a white/black thing bacause of scary ass immature kids.

dezmond
07-28-2009, 01:32 PM
Think it was Mark Twain who said "Any body capable of getting themselves into a position of power, SHOULD NOT be in a position of power"..

But thats the way cookies crumble.

food for thought
07-28-2009, 01:42 PM

btw, i just checked

there is not a single thread about race in the front.

maybe the one about origins of humaniknd but nt really.....

LORD NOSE
07-28-2009, 02:03 PM

all this "Race" shit is just trivial bs in the grand scheme of life. Open your mind to nature and the universe.

every thread in here is not about race - you have a thread on the bible and pi - stick to that - do not come into threads complaining about what kind of thread you chose to come in - we'll talk about race - if you don't like to talk about race, go talk about the bible and pi -

to those who want to keep the thread intact, please do not entertain ghostlaced with a responce to his nonsense -

i'll leave his post and the replies that were made to him up and alive for a time - but if it turns into a back and forth with ghostlaced, i will either have to lock the thread, or delete post -

lets keep it peaceful and lets learn from each other

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-28-2009, 02:06 PM
in answer to the thread starter, i dont understand the question. "i have no power for me to be racist"

is that even english?

can u explain more what you mean, im pretty sure anyone can be racist.

Inspectah_Dirk
07-28-2009, 02:08 PM
Racism also has such a wide range in all kinds of sub-subjects (don't know what else to call them), so it's a good topic to have here imo.
But he probably gets picked on for being white and acting black. So it's mostly frustration. That's my guess. Ghostlace, how far from the truth am i?

food for thought
07-28-2009, 02:12 PM
ghost,

the quote is "I have no power to be racist".

i other words,

"I cant be racist because i dont have any power to be racist"

ill try n make it easier to comprehend, but dont get scared LOL,

they are saying it is physically and mentally impossible for them to be racist because they dont have the power.

i dont want to explain the "power" part yet casue i want heads to dicuss this

what "power" are they talking bout when they say they dont have the power to be racist"?

drippie k
07-28-2009, 02:28 PM
i think it's like saying "i can't be racist because i have no right to be racist"

Inspectah_Dirk
07-28-2009, 02:32 PM
I still see it as some kind of arrogance.

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-28-2009, 02:34 PM
wtf
is this over my head or something
i have no idea wtf your talking about lol
sounds like your speakin in riddles to me

diggy
07-28-2009, 03:32 PM
i think it's like saying "i can't be racist because i have no right to be racist"

wtf
is this over my head or something
i have no idea wtf your talking about lol
sounds like your speakin in riddles to me

Both of you are wrong.

It is not a riddle.

Slide
07-28-2009, 04:11 PM
I hate racism!!

djskillz
07-29-2009, 05:02 AM
To me it just sounds like a way of backing out of what you said. It's a polite way to ignore the facts. If someone is accused of being racist and says that it just shows that they know they fucked up and they're trying to cover the facts. Simple as that.

Compulsion
07-29-2009, 08:29 AM
It means that they don't feel like they have the power to oppress therefore favor one group and therefore be racist. It is the idea that racism is not just feelings towards people of a different 'race', but rather the whole system of oppression that is based on the idea that one 'race' is somehow 'better' than any other one. By saying 'i don't have the power to be racist' you are saying that your 'race' doesn't have the ability to turn those delusions of superiority into actions.

IMO The thoughts alone make a person racist, and anyone can be one.

Robert
07-29-2009, 09:12 AM
My problem with the topic is how do we go about defining 'power'?

Given the subjectivity associated with defining this term, there is bound to be a substantial grey area in which it is difficult to separate racist and non-racist actions.

Compulsion
07-29-2009, 09:19 AM
My problem with the topic is how do we go about defining 'power'?

Given the subjectivity associated with defining this term, there is bound to be a substantial grey area in which it is difficult to separate racist and non-racist actions.

True...and that is why it is a matter of opinion rather than fact.

Robert
07-29-2009, 09:30 AM
True...and that is why it is a matter of opinion rather than fact.

Of course.

I'd be interested to know how Food For Thought (aka Colorado's Finest) would define 'power'.

Compulsion
07-29-2009, 10:03 AM
Of course.

I'd be interested to know how Food For Thought (aka Colorado's Finest) would define 'power'.

My answer was from posts on this site in regards to what power is defined as.

LORD NOSE
07-29-2009, 11:54 AM
power .....

long story short

controlling a group of peoples food and water supply - thats enough power right there to gain power over every other thing in that groups life

only wicked people abuse their power to govern another people -

a righteous people if given power to govern their former oppressors, would not abuse their former oppressors - they would not mistreat them in any way -

food for thought
07-31-2009, 09:30 AM
It means that they don't feel like they have the power to oppress therefore favor one group and therefore be racist. It is the idea that racism is not just feelings towards people of a different 'race', but rather the whole system of oppression that is based on the idea that one 'race' is somehow 'better' than any other one. By saying 'i don't have the power to be racist' you are saying that your 'race' doesn't have the ability to turn those delusions of superiority into actions.

good way to articulate it.

peace

food for thought
07-31-2009, 09:31 AM
power .....

long story short

controlling a group of peoples food and water supply - thats enough power right there to gain power over every other thing in that groups life

only wicked people abuse their power to govern another people -

a righteous people if given power to govern their former oppressors, would not abuse their former oppressors - they would not mistreat them in any way -

word.

food for thought
11-29-2010, 11:06 PM
bump

TheBoarzHeadBoy
11-29-2010, 11:50 PM
For example, Bush can't hate black people. He didn't have the authority to be racist.

But Kanyevel apologized.

I can't be racist because I don't believe in race. When I say something about a group I'm talking about people who conform to a stereotype. Like if I said "Jews control the media" I'd be talking about the Jews who control the media, not Jews in general. If I said Niggers are stupid I'd be talking about stupid niggers not black people. If I said Asian pussy go crosswise I'd be talking about those oriental women with horizontal vaginas.

It's not racist, its just real talk.

LORD NOSE
11-30-2010, 08:31 AM
For example, Bush can't hate black people. He didn't have the authority to be racist.

But Kanyevel apologized.

I can't be racist because I don't believe in race. When I say something about a group I'm talking about people who conform to a stereotype. Like if I said "Jews control the media" I'd be talking about the Jews who control the media, not Jews in general. If I said Niggers are stupid I'd be talking about stupid niggers not black people. If I said Asian pussy go crosswise I'd be talking about those oriental women with horizontal vaginas.

It's not racist, its just real talk.

truth - so when i say that caucasians leave a trail of death and destruction everywhere they go on this earth, it's not racist - just truth

it's not that all caucasians are able to be apart of the killing sprees of everything natural - it's just that overall they have a reputation for destroying everything that the natives of the earth established

THEN....

if i say that all the natives of the earth should get together and do something to stop these beast from killing us, permanently, than i'd be called a racist by the people who are benefiting from the killing spree - but i wouldn't give a fuck - at all

TheBoarzHeadBoy
11-30-2010, 05:16 PM
Or something...

I guess its like when a black person calls someone a white devil he's not implying that all whites are bad people or that blacks can't be devils. Although I find the term childish because people miss the point because its not a literal devil but someone acting immorally. For the sake of PC you should say "Diabolic Caucasian Menace."

And I recognize that whites brought the pain train harder and faster then anyone else. The man of the west is motivated by two main things: Looting and Exploring. We're naturally going to seek out the ends of the earth in order to steal shit and take it home. Thus colonialism. But we'd been practicing forever. The Greek heroes of the Epics, the Norse heroes of the Sagas, the Medieval heroes of the Crusades, the Swashbucklers, the Bandits, Outlaws, Gunslingers, and the Marines skulking through the swamps of Vietnam; what do they have in common?

They're Pirates. That's what we do. Join the Army, Visit exotic places, meet interesting people, and kill them. Then cram whatever you can back onto the ship and make your escape before they shoot you.

LORD NOSE
12-01-2010, 12:26 AM
And I recognize that whites brought the pain train harder and faster then anyone else.

it's not that they are physically and mentally faster and stronger,that white superiority shit is a joke - what they did better than everyone else was Lie with a smile - the guns and bombs were made to cover down on their lack of strength

John Prewett
12-02-2010, 07:44 AM
But the LORD said to Samuel,
"Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature,
because I have rejected him; for God sees not as man sees,

for man looks at the outward appearance,

but the LORD looks at the heart." 1 Sam 16:7

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, Rom 3:23

WARPATH
12-04-2010, 03:28 AM
it's not that they are physically and mentally faster and stronger,that white superiority shit is a joke - what they did better than everyone else was Lie with a smile - the guns and bombs were made to cover down on their lack of strength

nah the guns and bombs were made to protect us from the Devil. The Devil took those too though.

Sense-A
12-04-2010, 06:44 AM
Being racist has nothing to do with how much POWER you have.

LORD NOSE
01-21-2011, 12:14 AM
so what does it have to do with ?

good build