PDA

View Full Version : Gambino Playstaion

funky_tooth
09-18-2005, 01:02 AM
Whats the thought on the "keep the gambino playstation in your playpen" lyric? I know what I think but I want to hear y'all's opinion on it.

chuck430
09-18-2005, 01:04 AM
Whats the thought on the "keep the gambino playstation in your playpen" lyric? I know what I think but I want to hear y'all's opinion on it.
i always thought it was about the Wu Tang video game for the PS. tellin us to keep the game in like we keep their albums in our cd players

funky_tooth
09-18-2005, 01:27 AM
Here's my thought. Gambino= Gangsters
Gambino Playstation = Gun(s)
Playpen=Crib,House,whatever
Keep the Gambino Playstation in the Playpen= Keep your Gun at Home

Maybe I'm fucked in the nugget though.

chuck430
09-18-2005, 03:09 AM

or gambino = wu gambino
playstation = playstaton
playpen = home

the silencer
09-18-2005, 04:34 PM
i no it wasnt referrin to the Wu video game cuz it came out way after Forever....

i think he just meant wut chuck sed.....kept the Wu gambinos playstation at sum1s crib...

deadlymelody
09-19-2005, 07:35 PM
Haha to me he is actually referring to the Sony Playstation, which was blowing up at that time. I believe I got one that first christmas that Forever came out. Now, Gambino just makes it sound cool. It could be some metaphorical shit I don't know.

Jabba Jaw
09-20-2005, 11:47 AM

^^^
that actualy makes a lotta sense to me?

lol@ fucked in the nugget

mic-cord-strangler
09-21-2005, 08:37 AM
hahaha

good topic.. keep these comin

Bungle
10-20-2005, 07:04 AM

i was thinkin simplisticly, wu keep they playstation at home, but that makes a shitload more sense, especially with it being Wu.

THE W
02-26-2006, 10:54 PM
i think he's just saying we got a playstation at the house.

how did you come up with gambino playstation being guns?

Dominus Santorini
03-03-2006, 02:01 PM
For a gambino, a playstation (object of action) is a gun, that's where it comes from. I always thought he meant gun too, like a "Gambinos playstation is gun" type of thought process.

Why would he mention Sony Playstation?

THE W
03-11-2006, 09:43 AM
why not? the wu gambinos have a playstation at the crib. those guys play video games too.

is "gambino playstation" really slang for a rifle. is this from the godfather or scarface or something?

Bedlam
03-12-2006, 10:40 AM
here's a wild thought... Ghostface doesn't care what he says as long as it rhymes... He thought hmm playstation ... playpen... they rhyme. I really don't think Ghostface puts more than 5 minutes into his rhymes. Please stop analyzing Ghost's lyrics, they don't make sense cause he doesnt care if they do.

THE W
03-12-2006, 01:03 PM
here's a wild thought... Ghostface doesn't care what he says as long as it rhymes... He thought hmm playstation ... playpen... they rhyme. I really don't think Ghostface puts more than 5 minutes into his rhymes. Please stop analyzing Ghost's lyrics, they don't make sense cause he doesnt care if they do.
we know this.

i just wanna know where people get "gambino playstation" as meaning a gun from?

NIGHT MAYOR
03-16-2006, 02:33 AM
pffffftahahahaha this is the first thread i have read in 'lyrical interpretation' im with bedlam on this one, listen to the start of nutmeg, he said it in a interview once that the song doesnt make sence - its just ghost jiberish. and read the manual rza talks about ghost writing his first rhyme for 36 in like 15 minutes. he's mad on another level. ghost is a lyrical genius, "gambino playstation" = "gun" i very much doubt it, good read tho hahah

Oztradamus
03-22-2006, 02:48 PM
A Playstation that John Gotti played with