PDA

View Full Version : Movies That should Have a part 2, but Don't

hectis
07-28-2009, 04:41 PM
I don't know if there is a thread like this, so sorry in advanced if there is

have you ever saw a good, or great movie that made you want a part two, or a movie that ends and makes it out to be that there will be another part; however, there never is, for example one of my favorite movies, Big Trouble in Little china, kinda makes it out like their will be a part two with that monster thing at the end

name some movies that you wish had another part

beautifulrock
07-28-2009, 04:49 PM
Ferris Bueller's Day Off

beautifulrock
07-28-2009, 04:50 PM
Happy Gilmore

Tage
07-28-2009, 04:54 PM
Final Fantasy: Advent Children

tommytootone
07-29-2009, 09:11 AM
Remo Williams

The Hound
07-29-2009, 09:18 AM
Are they still making The Boondock Saints 2? That needs a sequel.

LOL Happy Gilmore? Fucking hell.

Dr. Simon Hurt
07-29-2009, 10:18 AM
masters of the universe lol skeletor did survive after all

TAURO
07-29-2009, 11:46 AM
I definately co-sign on Big Trouble In Little China.

One movie I can think of is Tango & Cash, I always wanted to see Stallone and Kurt Russel reprise those characters.

100pr00f
07-29-2009, 02:18 PM
whats eating gilbert grape

tekunique
07-29-2009, 07:41 PM
blade runner
the running man
trainspotting
ghost dog
a.i.
Close encounters of the third kind
the abyss
akira
pulp fiction

Dr. Simon Hurt
07-29-2009, 08:09 PM
cosign on akira,
also spriggan and jin-roh while we're on animes

a sequel to 2010; they should adapt 2061 and 3001

shaolinsword
07-30-2009, 12:27 AM
Ghost Dog, 2002, Akira & FMA

Uncle Steezo
07-30-2009, 08:07 AM
FMA does have a pt 2 called "conqueror of shambala"
al gets his body back and ed is transported to or dimension during the beginning of the nazi movement.

it clears a lot up about the nature of alchemy and their dimension.

movies that deserve a pt 2:
Goonies

drippie k
07-30-2009, 09:10 AM
jay n silent bob strike back

they need another one of those

TAURO
07-30-2009, 10:22 AM
Sequels to Akira and Pulp Fiction?..thats fucking blasphemous!

As for Goonies I thought about whether it should have got a sequel, but then I came to my senses.

Dr. Simon Hurt
07-30-2009, 10:50 AM
^^^well akira the film barely scratched the surface of what was going on in the anime, but the ending to the anime was fairly conclusive

tarntino talked (a long time ago) about making a prequel to pulp fiction/reservoir dogs about the vega brothers (madsen in reservoir dogs, travolta in pulp fiction...ya apparently in tarantino's filmic continuity those two are brothers) but i would imagine everyone involved is too old at this point for that to be feasible.

Uncle Steezo
07-30-2009, 10:55 AM
goonies should have made a pt 2 right after the 1st.
the prob is that most movies that should and most movies that shouldn't, already have sequels.

Oh shit i missed teks post.
close encounters!!!! hell yea! start if off with dude getting inside the UFO.

TAURO
07-30-2009, 11:04 AM
^^^well akira the film barely scratched the surface of what was going on in the anime, but the ending to the anime was fairly conclusive

tarntino talked (a long time ago) about making a prequel to pulp fiction/reservoir dogs about the vega brothers (madsen in reservoir dogs, travolta in pulp fiction...ya apparently in tarantino's filmic continuity those two are brothers) but i would imagine everyone involved is too old at this point for that to be feasible.

It would be better served if Akira was remade as an animated series, that way they could tell the whole story and stick alot more closely to the source material. A sequel to the feature length wouldn't do that.

I also knew about Tarantino's plans once upon a time ago for a Vega brothers movie, clearly that ship has sailed.

goonies should have made a pt 2 right after the 1st.
the prob is that most movies that should and most movies that shouldn't, already have sequels.

You do know that there are plans to make a new film now with most if not all the original cast members coming back and having their kids go on the next goonie adventure.

Dr. Simon Hurt
07-30-2009, 11:40 AM
alot of the films people are naming would not be served by having sequels...either the story would be devalued or the actor's are too old, or the narrative already had closure to be begin with.

co-sign on akira as an animated series---you could do an anime 1-2 seasons long and adapt the entire story...did the story ever get completely released in english? i have the entire run when epic comics printed it back in the late 80s early 90s and it just sort of stops.

shaolinsword
07-30-2009, 12:48 PM
FMA does have a pt 2 called "conqueror of shambala"
al gets his body back and ed is transported to or dimension during the beginning of the nazi movement.

it clears a lot up about the nature of alchemy and their dimension.

I know but I want a sequel to that film.

GZAjector
07-30-2009, 10:38 PM
movies that deserve a pt 2:
Goonies

i was watching that late night the other night on the tv. such a fuckin great flick, mad nostalgic

but yo check it, they did make goonies 2...

rIi0vT-AYDw

when i was a kid, there was always a rumor that they were making...

spaceballs 3: the search for part 2.

lol

it would have been up there with godfather 2!

GZAjector
07-30-2009, 10:46 PM
masters of the universe lol skeletor did survive after allhahaha

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyborg_(film)#Trivia

This film was conceived to use the costumes and sets built both for an intended sequel to the 1987 He-Man film Masters of the Universe and a live version of 'Spider-Man'. Both projects were planned to shoot simultaneously by Albert Pyun. After Cannon Films had to cancel deals with both Mattel and Marvel Entertainment because of their financial troubles, they needed to recoup the money spent on both projects. Then Pyun wrote the story Cyborg (1989). Some network television still give the film's title as Masters of the Universe 2: Cyborg which often confuses many into thinking a sequel to that film was made.

lol wtf

First there was the collapse of civilization: anarchy, genocide, starvation. Then when it seemed things couldn't get any worse, we got the plague. The Living Death, quickly closing its fist over the entire planet. Then we heard the rumors: that the last scientists were working on a cure that would end the plague and restore the world. Restore it? Why? I like the death! I like the misery! I liiiiike this worrrrrrrrrrrld!

Tage
07-31-2009, 06:32 AM
didnt know that^

they should make a live action 'He-Man' with Van Damme :yes:

Albert Pyun
08-01-2009, 06:26 PM
Just writing to confirm that back (waaay back) in 1988, I was going to shoot Masters of the Universe 2 and Spiderman back to back in Wilmington, North Carolina. Laird Hamilton was cast to replace Dolph. I can't remember who was cast as Skeletor, etc. The screenplay was based on the idea the Skeletor escaped to Earth and that prompts He-Man and allies return to Earth. Believe Skeletor takes on a human-like form and goes by the name Mr. Dark.

Cannon was experiencing severe cash flow problems that stemmed from the collapse of the junk bond market in October '87.

Best,
Albert

MAYOR QUIMBY
08-04-2009, 10:40 PM
Schindler's List