View Full Version : UGK..... average?

EYEKON1
07-28-2009, 08:14 PM
http://www.eyensee.tv/etv/images/ugk.jpg

your thoughts?

(chris is 17 btw.)

Prolifical ENG
07-28-2009, 08:16 PM
Hes one of those people that southern doesnt appeal to. I could tell because he mentioned Cunninlynguists. I guess his next would be Scarface and Outkast and thats it. Yeah typical. PS Im moving this to the hip-hop forum.

Hollow Dartz
07-28-2009, 08:28 PM
Typical fake ass "Underground" Listener. Corn.

Ghost In The 'Lac
07-28-2009, 08:38 PM
UGK means way more than that guys entire life ever will, so who cares?

Olive Oil Goombah
07-28-2009, 09:21 PM
Ridin Dirty alone debunks any thoughts that they are average.

sdeblasi
07-28-2009, 09:21 PM
lmao who the fuck is this? just some random fuck's facebook? he clearly knows nothing and hasn't got his head out of budden's ass yet to experience real shit

Dirty Knowledge
07-29-2009, 01:38 PM
Yeah typical. PS Im moving this to the hip-hop forum.

Hate that shit too that typical "Cunning, Scarface, OutKast.." b/s. [Not that they don't deserve their spots on top.]

And why moved here?

Norwegian Love Letters all filled up?

whitey
07-29-2009, 02:25 PM
pfffffff. chris is a child.

3PygtZwv8aU

YungSunny
07-29-2009, 09:21 PM
Niggas sure hate the chillen over here.

I noticed most underground heads go through a phase where they hate anything that actually sells. Kinda sad, but it's whatever.

METHODKillah36
07-30-2009, 06:51 AM
I don't think the kid is trying to hate on UGK, I just don't think it fits his personal preference. I can appreciate what they've done and I have the understanding of what makes their music good, but it's not something I choose to listen to either.

He 'debates' a lot maturely than a lot of dudes here and he's only 17, so take it for what it's worth..

Compulsion
07-30-2009, 06:57 AM
[img]http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/08/07/arts/UGKspan.jpg[/b]

UGK is dope...

Hes one of those people that southern doesnt appeal to. I could tell because he mentioned Cunninlynguists. I guess his next would be Scarface and Outkast and thats it. Yeah typical.

+1

drippie k
07-30-2009, 08:04 AM
lol country cousins was their best song hahahaha

angry!
07-30-2009, 04:28 PM
kids aint got the right mentality anymore.

with some of these homos i dont even know if they listen for their own enjoyment. they hold things up because they think they should, they dont know how to feel the music corny as it sounds.

ugk is classic forever, you couldnt call their catalogue average if you gave it a thorough listen. still dont feel it, and you prolly a bitch!!!!

pimp c laid it down on the beats and hooks!!!! homie could sing for real!!!! gangsta though not a soft homo who 1/2 rapper 1/2 montell jordan like drake!!!!!

Thworldisyours
07-30-2009, 08:19 PM
http://www.eyensee.tv/etv/images/ugk.jpg

your thoughts?

(chris is 17 btw.)

So everybody doesnt love UGK??? SHOCKING!!!

I'm 27 and I dont like UGK either...

Big f'n deal...

Uncle Steezo
08-01-2009, 12:39 PM
I'm 27 and I dont like UGK either...

see angry's post.

CharlesJones
08-01-2009, 12:44 PM
Their music was decent, nothing special. They're ok rappers. Dirty Money album is tight. I've heard most of their albums and they were alright. I like their collabo with Three 6 Mafia on Sippin On Some Syrup song. That song is my jam. I also like Bun B's collabo with Webbie called Gimme Dat Pussy and i like his collabo with David Banner and 8Ball and MJG that sampled Jodeci's Cry For You song. It was the first single on Bun B's 2nd album. I can't think of the song.

Uncle Steezo
08-01-2009, 01:01 PM
vJEEizbyi3I

Rollo
08-05-2009, 02:38 AM
Calling Bun B average is like calling scarface average.
Just no....
And musically? I think Pimp C made some of the best music the south ever came out with.

CharlesJones
08-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Scarface is way better than Bun B and Bun B is a average rapper. What makes his lyrics better than average?

djskillz
08-07-2009, 11:59 AM
Their music was decent, nothing special. They're ok rappers. Dirty Money album is tight. I've heard most of their albums and they were alright. I like their collabo with Three 6 Mafia on Sippin On Some Syrup song. That song is my jam. I also like Bun B's collabo with Webbie called Gimme Dat Pussy and i like his collabo with David Banner and 8Ball and MJG that sampled Jodeci's Cry For You song. It was the first single on Bun B's 2nd album. I can't think of the song.

Dirty Money is by far their worst album. If you haven't heard Ridin Dirty (specifically One Day and Hi-Life for all the doubters), Super Tight, Too Hard to Swallow and their self-titled album you're slippin'.

CharlesJones
08-07-2009, 12:29 PM
I heard those albums you mentioned and they're alright, nothing special.

Mcthuggin99
08-07-2009, 01:09 PM

you're thinking of You're Everything

Art Vandelay
08-07-2009, 01:13 PM
too hard to swallow was my shit back in the day

CharlesJones
08-07-2009, 01:27 PM
You're Everything song by Bun B, David Banner, Rick Ross, 8Ball and MJG is the song i'm talking about. Thanks. That's a tight song. I like the Jodeci sample.

Art Vandelay
08-07-2009, 01:30 PM
cbtKTJWDSsI

angry!
08-07-2009, 02:44 PM
Scarface is way better than Bun B and Bun B is a average rapper. What makes his lyrics better than average?

shut the fuck up already, you dont know what youre talking about so its time to get educated not make baseless claims.

go listen to UGK - "Murder" right now and tell me Bun B is average. i love scarface, but he cant fuck with bun as a lyricist. how you can big up face as a lyricist and shit on bun is beyond me, clearly you havent heard enough!!!

for real though check that song out, if you dont think he kills that you need to hand in your hip hop pass!!!

EAGLE EYE
08-07-2009, 10:51 PM
lol I was listening to "Murder" and "Wood Wheel" at work today..

I love their shit. Some people don't understand Bernard & Chad's culture but they still try to knock it.

And to the threadstarter: Using your facebook status as a platform for discussion is the most horrible thing I've ever seen on the internet. This is why I kill my liver.

CharlesJones
08-08-2009, 11:45 AM
LOL@Angry saying Bun B is a better rapper than Scarface hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

GhettoGnom
08-08-2009, 11:53 AM
lmao who the fuck is this? just some random fuck's facebook? he clearly knows nothing and hasn't got his head out of budden's ass yet to experience real shit

Lol @ pulling Budden into this. wtf?

And Bun B is far from an average rapper.
Scarface > Bun though.

But really. Who gives a shit if some random dude thinks UGK is average? The fuck?

angry!
08-08-2009, 12:11 PM
LOL@Angry saying Bun B is a better rapper than Scarface hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

bun is a better lyricist. i stand behind that. i didnt say bun was a better artist. you think scarface hangs his hat on wordplay and being a lyrical acrobat!?!? hes straight to the chest where as bun uses more multi's and slant rhyming. you probably dont know what im talking about, but i happen to love both artists and know what IM talking about.

go look in a mirror and shatter it you ugly fuck.

Rame
08-08-2009, 12:54 PM
They have a few bangers but overall they're average.

sdeblasi
08-08-2009, 01:07 PM
They have a few bangers but overall they're average.

smfh
http://hiphopforlife.forumotion.com/users/44/73/06/smiles/605742.gif

angry!
08-08-2009, 03:38 PM
smfh
http://hiphopforlife.forumotion.com/users/44/73/06/smiles/605742.gif

duke is from the netherlands!!! he has no idea!!!!

matter fact id be willing to bet most of the homos calling ugk average arent from the US and cant identify with the southern culture. go listen to "one day" you clowns, thats one of the realest rap songs of all time.

Rame
08-08-2009, 04:36 PM
duke is from the netherlands!!! he has no idea!!!!

matter fact id be willing to bet most of the homos calling ugk average arent from the US and cant identify with the southern culture. go listen to "one day" you clowns, thats one of the realest rap songs of all time.

Here we go again..

in MY OPINION most of their music is average.

There are so much far better rappers, but as I stated they have some bangers.

main_man
08-08-2009, 05:12 PM
ugk is for hood folks.
cats outside the hood are of coarse gonna say they're average.

but as far as the real people who ugk rap for?

classic hip hop duo. and the exact opposite of "average"

Chungsanity
08-09-2009, 01:20 AM
UGK wouldve never been in the spotlight without who else?

THE BIG PIMP NAMED S. Carter, go figure.

spiggity_ace
08-09-2009, 10:01 PM
UGK wouldve never been in the spotlight without who else?

THE BIG PIMP NAMED S. Carter, go figure.

pimp c never wanted to do that track y do u gotta mention jayz here?

UGK- classic hiphop, ridin dirty is my fav album from em.

spiggity_ace
08-09-2009, 10:03 PM
bun is a better lyricist. i stand behind that. i didnt say bun was a better artist. you think scarface hangs his hat on wordplay and being a lyrical acrobat!?!? hes straight to the chest where as bun uses more multi's and slant rhyming. you probably dont know what im talking about, but i happen to love both artists and know what IM talking about.

go look in a mirror and shatter it you ugly fuck.

lyricism isnt all about wordplay and multis n such i think face is better than bun, but that verse on murder is one of my fav verses ever i have that shit memorized from listenin to it so much.

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
08-24-2009, 10:23 PM
RIdin DIrty is one of my favorite albums of all time. If you don't agree, you're a nerdy european.

THat's no dis, it's just the way it is.

TSA
08-24-2009, 10:29 PM
UGK makes great music. period. you can listen to rappers say
hispanic titanic machine mathmatic over a 289 pound fat white guy beating tin cans together on fruity loops but UGK makes good fucking music. dont forget that.