PDA

View Full Version : x-men on sega genesis

Prolifical ENG
07-29-2009, 09:08 PM
any of you clear this game?

I think 15 years ago I could only just past the second level, hard game...and that was with 2 player me and my friend. hard game.

Im taking another crack at it on emulator and I cant even pass the savage jungle.

I like how each of the x-men has their mutant powers, special kicks and different jumps and shit though.

KZA
07-29-2009, 09:24 PM
the first one? i couldnt get passed the mojo part. i think it was where you had to reset or something IIRC. (using emulator btw)

the 2nd one was awesome. well both x-men games on the genesis were classics.

hectis
07-29-2009, 11:27 PM
yeah I remember how you had to reset the game I use to think the game was fucked up until one when I beat mojo, and a friend was over I was like damn my game is broke it always fucks up he just looked at me laughing, and was like vic you have to reset the system to get to the next level, I was both happy, and pissed; happy because I finely got past that part, but pissed because i felt like a retard. the second x men game was also a classic too

one game I never beat was Spider-Man X-Men: Arcade's Revenge, I can't beat wolverines 2nd level were Juggernaut chases you I must have hit him over 1,000 times and the fucker never dies, every so often I bring my sega out of retirement and try again (also to play some other classic games)

KZA
07-29-2009, 11:36 PM
i beat spider-man/x-men arcades revenge with cheats and save states. the juggernaut level was a bitch cause you had to beat him before the level ends.

GZAjector
07-30-2009, 12:25 AM
i never cleared it, but goddamn, what an awesome game.

i played it on genesis and it was so fuckin croosh.

i think, i think i got at least 3 levels deep with cyclops

it's been forever

old school games like this were the shit

Jammin
07-30-2009, 04:46 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/angry-video-screwattack/48906

Prolifical ENG
07-30-2009, 03:19 PM
i beat spider-man/x-men arcades revenge with cheats and save states. the juggernaut level was a bitch cause you had to beat him before the level ends.

I remember that game, it was kind of hard too but I forgot how far I got with it because I only rented it from the video store.

Hollow Dartz
07-31-2009, 09:18 AM
I think i had the x-men game where it starts you off on a snowy level with a random character. LOL I only got pass that stage.

hectis
07-31-2009, 09:26 AM
thats x men 2 I think

Dr. Simon Hurt
07-31-2009, 02:05 PM
i couldn't get past the space station stage or whatever it was supposed to be (weed destroys your memory kids)

Prolifical ENG
08-07-2009, 02:40 PM
i couldn't get past the space station stage or whatever it was supposed to be (weed destroys your memory kids)

I was playing the emulator today, I passed that space station looking thing its was called the shire mansion I think. I think that level is easier on one player.

Its fun to use the different characters to beat certain parts.

The only thing is some parts are a trial and error type game where doing something one way will cost you some life.

Dr. Simon Hurt
08-07-2009, 03:39 PM
^^^ya i used to have to play it on 2 player with my older sister, as we were poor and had to share the sega genesis

where did you find the emulator? torrent?

i recall some of the music on this game being dope, some of it atrocious of course, but there was a beat in the savage land level i think that was really nice, i'll have to check youtube.

Prolifical ENG
08-07-2009, 03:57 PM
the savage land music beat is the best one. the emulator and rom file I think I downloaded them both at cool roms a while ago...they still have all their stuff.

Prolifical ENG
08-07-2009, 04:06 PM
-Pl10Zf3HQ0

Mumm Ra
08-07-2009, 04:09 PM
that's a badass game! Haven't played it in many years but yeah it was tough as hell.
I think the last level I remember playing is when you're up in some trees or some shit.

Mumm Ra
08-07-2009, 04:10 PM
haha oh yeah just noticed the level I was talking about was that Savage Land video you got there

KZA
08-07-2009, 06:12 PM
^^^ya i used to have to play it on 2 player with my older sister, as we were poor and had to share the sega genesis

where did you find the emulator? torrent?

i recall some of the music on this game being dope, some of it atrocious of course, but there was a beat in the savage land level i think that was really nice, i'll have to check youtube.

http://www.romnation.net/

http://www.rom-world.com/

has mame also so you can run up the old school x-men arcade game.

Dr. Simon Hurt
08-07-2009, 06:28 PM
^^^thanks
repped
does it have the avengers arcade also?
remember the nintendo x-men game with the overhead view? one of the worst games i've ever played, it will forever haunt my nightmares

KZA
08-07-2009, 07:47 PM
^^^thanks
repped
does it have the avengers arcade also?
remember the nintendo x-men game with the overhead view? one of the worst games i've ever played, it will forever haunt my nightmares

yea also the punisher.. theres a spider-man one with him namor blackcat and hawkeye that was done by sega not sure if its there but i have it i think

nintendo x-men was horrible..

the angry video game nerd just rants about it plus wolverine for nes too

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/angry-video-screwattack/48906

Dr. Simon Hurt
08-07-2009, 07:52 PM
^^^lol
spidey with black cat and namor? namor? interesting
i'll have to rep you later, i've given out too much of it lol

KZA
08-07-2009, 08:21 PM
heres the first level

SYx6WXCnb-8

Uncle Steezo
08-14-2009, 02:07 AM
i loved bout every xmen game made. my fav being the 4 player arcade version from back in the day.

dl'd the mp3 for this theme.
"land of savages" coming soon

stay tuned.....

Uncle Steezo
08-14-2009, 02:11 AM
look at this sonuvabutch
TFxhkjpRFtU

and pan tell me that you wouldn't have loved to see THAT cyclopse in a flick opposed to an emo in black leather.

Dr. Simon Hurt
08-14-2009, 07:39 AM
character wise i'd rather have the take no prisoners-all about his business cyclops...but i never liked that costume design, what are the pouches and the straps for anyway lol? i prefer his body condom costume where he's wearing shit over his head lol

clone wars was probably the best x-men game on genesis imo
the nintendo one from ljn was the absolute worst, really one of the worst game playing experiences of my life.

KZA
08-14-2009, 10:52 PM
the nintendo games were just shit

i recently beat x-men on sega on the emulator.

wolverine adamantium rage for snes had a good hip hop music feel to it. someone should sample or rap over it