PDA

View Full Version : kool g rap is the most underrated mc of all time

ALCATRAZ
07-31-2009, 04:47 AM
can anyone argue this?

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-31-2009, 04:58 AM
just like 2Pac is the most overrated.

But nah, he isn't underrated, I feel like Monch and K-Rino are far more forgotten and underrated.

GhettoGnom
07-31-2009, 07:50 AM
Aceyalone & Tonedeff is by far the most underrated MCs imo.

snapple
07-31-2009, 07:54 AM
nah, G rap definitely gets recognition.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-31-2009, 07:56 AM
another proof that this guy is an idiot

food for thought
07-31-2009, 07:57 AM
i believe The Last Emperor is the most underrated.

sdeblasi
07-31-2009, 08:04 AM
Masta Ace is more underrated from the Juice Crew

food for thought
07-31-2009, 08:05 AM
Last Emperor.

Masta Ace gets his props.

YungSunny
07-31-2009, 09:56 AM
just like 2Pac is the most overrated.

But nah, he isn't underrated, I feel like Monch and K-Rino are far more forgotten and underrated.
If Monch is so underrated why would Diddy want him to ghostwrite for him?
Aceyalone & Tonedeff is by far the most underrated MCs imo.

Word.

WuBanga36
07-31-2009, 10:04 AM
Cosign on Aceyalone.

GhettoGnom
07-31-2009, 10:15 AM
Word, Last Emp is a good pick too.

I would've said Masta Ace a couple of years ago, but nowadays I see nothing but love for him.

UncontrolledSubstans
07-31-2009, 11:33 AM
Nah i would go with Mad Skillz as the most underrated.

Khem The Decepticon
07-31-2009, 11:43 AM
Kool gets his props.

The Hound
07-31-2009, 12:43 PM
Stupid thread but a fucking small dicked chinese faggot. Kool G Rap is underrated? Everybody gives the man the props he deserves fuck off and go cook a dog.

Droppinthese
07-31-2009, 12:56 PM
Yeah the first time I heard Last Emperor was in that CIA song with KRS one and Zack De La rocha, he had a pretty sick verse. And then I downloaded one song by him, i forgot the name and everything, but it was ill. Pretty good lyricist.

Del Tha Funkee Homosapien is one of the most under-rated. Along with A-Plus and any of the niggaz from Souls of Mischief.

Big L and Pun are still under-rated for dead emcees, all the credit goes to Biggie and Pac. who lyrically imo, aren't even on their level.

Black thought is under-rated too. Alot of the niggaz from wu i find are under-rated.

oldie
07-31-2009, 04:29 PM
is G Rap fuck underrated man. he gets his due's, he just shouldnt siggn with stupid shit like G-Unit records or whatever.

Last Emp
Pharoah Monche
Big L
Big Pun
Black Thought
Del

all those mentioned deffo underrated

Jutzu-Lo-Killer
07-31-2009, 04:36 PM
wu latino is the most underrated LOL

GhettoGnom
07-31-2009, 04:52 PM
Big L and Pun are still under-rated for dead emcees

Say what?

Osi
07-31-2009, 05:16 PM
G Rap is underrated by some, if only because he's possibly the GOAT and most people think Pac/Jay/Nas/Biggie as the best ever but IMO G Rap and Rakim are 1a and 1b.

GhettoGnom
07-31-2009, 05:44 PM
G Rap is underrated by some, if only because he's possibly the GOAT and most people think Pac/Jay/Nas/Biggie as the best ever but IMO G Rap and Rakim are 1a and 1b.

Throw in Aceyalone and a c and I agree

spiggity_ace
07-31-2009, 05:49 PM
G Rap gets mad props, maybe not in the mainstream but look at those top 5 lists on allhiphop, scarface, rza, rah digga, bun b cite him top 5 all time and a major influence, if i was goin to say underrated all time, everyone from the wu other than rae ghsot n meth are underrated as mcs, rza gets underrated as a producer outside of east coast hiphop heads even though he crushes anyone beats anyday, anyways i view g rap as the greatest ever, aceyalone is def underrated, all balls dont bounce is a dope ass album some diff vibes in that, monche is prety underrated that song queens is fuckin amazing and he sings on it rite, he got dope flow n everything, mos def i think is pretty underrated, i see kweli and common get more props than him, mos is much better than both and he can sing, umy says is one of the most relaxing songs ever, withdoctor is dope too, i think he dont get props cuz of the shadow cast by outkast.

Rebel_INS
07-31-2009, 05:49 PM
I don't necessarily think hes underrated, but quite a few people have never even listened to his music sadly lol.

spiggity_ace
07-31-2009, 05:52 PM
is G Rap fuck underrated man. he gets his due's, he just shouldnt siggn with stupid shit like G-Unit records or whatever.

he never signed wit g unit, he just made a couple songs with the members, doenst mean anything man, queens niggas rep wit queens niggas though.

The Prime Sithesizah
07-31-2009, 05:54 PM
Underrated?.. Kool Moe Dee.

Khem The Decepticon
07-31-2009, 06:00 PM
Stupid thread but a fucking small dicked chinese faggot. Kool G Rap is underrated? Everybody gives the man the props he deserves fuck off and go cook a dog.

Dont you mean cat??

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-01-2009, 02:13 AM
why shouldn't people make songs with G-Unit? I'd love Wu-Fiddy-Banks collabos

Uncle Steezo
08-01-2009, 03:40 AM
KOOL MOE DEE!!!
sithesiza knows his shit.
dee gets no props cept from the cats he destroyed on the mic.
what fucked dee up was trying to battle with a young hungry LL.

i'll throw redman in the mix. not cause he gets no props.
red may be in the top 10 of all time, but whenever a "best lyricist" discussion comes up he never gets mentioned.
if that aint underrated i don't know what is.

co-sign on the heiro crew

some of yall are naming cats that ain't underrated, they aint rated at all.

noteables:
8ball
big gipp from goodiemob
mic geronimo
dmx

angry!
08-01-2009, 10:17 AM
kool g gets his just due as far as respect from any true lyricist!!!

but his bank account is defintely underrated, cats that took entire pages from his book should bless him with a guest spot and a check!!!

never sold out and he couldnt if he tried. 4,5,6 and giacana story still get slapped like they just came out!!!

*duct tapes pistol grip on shotgun listening to "thug for life"

oldie
08-01-2009, 11:56 AM
he never signed wit g unit, he just made a couple songs with the members, doenst mean anything man, queens niggas rep wit queens niggas though.

ah right, my bad! guess i just got confused with the mixtape with DJ Whoo Kid
http://www.datpiff.com/Kool-G-Rap-DJ-Whoo-Kid-Dead-or-Alive-mid15.html
& the rumours/speculation of him signing.

suppose theres nothing wrong with tryna get money. i cant shit on G-Unit camp cos back in the day 50, Banks & Yayo were quite tight with it

Uncle Steezo
08-01-2009, 12:20 PM
ill street blues is my fav g rap cut.