PDA

View Full Version : "What IS Real?

Urban_Journalz
07-31-2009, 02:59 PM
How do you DEFINE, "Real"? If you're talking about what you can touch, taste and see then, "Real" is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain."

With that, I urge all of you to watch this. Wether you believe it or not, give it a chance and build from there.

Peace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZj9Qps8H6M&feature=player_embedded

Cee Oh Vee
08-01-2009, 09:08 AM
Allah is the Real.

There is nothing but Him.

Peace.

Inspectah_Dirk
08-01-2009, 09:21 AM
Real is something that is different for everybody. I say nothing is real.

Visionz
08-01-2009, 09:24 AM
Allah is the Real.

Peace.

if this is the case then God is the Devil, yes?

I've always felt that seperation is an illusion. the dude in the video talking about the green pea-----I can dig it.

Urban_Journalz
08-01-2009, 11:35 AM
Allah is the Real.

Peace.
True indeed. That's one of the main reasons I was feeling this video, because the, "Nothing from which everything came." is indeed The Most High.
Which is why all things, animate and seemingly inanimate, are all related and more alive than we can imagine.

Peace

Real is something that is different for everybody. I say nothing is real. There is a quote from a book called, "The Book of Five Rings", that reads, "If something is anything, than everything is everything." Nothing is real in the sense that emptiness is the foundation for everything. Also, nothing is real in the sense that everything that we see and experience is a form of dreaming. A world that we can and DO control when focused hard enough. To be, know and understand everything, we have to first be, know and understand nothing. The foundation of pure being. Without action or reaction.

Peace

I've always felt that seperation is an illusion. the dude in the video talking about the green pea-----I can dig it. I would be more inclined to say that The Devil has God within him. As we all do. As one of His creations, he (Satan) really can't escape his heritage. He just chose to define his reality in terms of deceit and unholiness. Now that I think about it, he's a good example of how much good or harm can be done by someone that knows how deeply connected they are to the whole of creation.

The green pea thing was one of the illest parts for me too.

Peace

Visionz
08-01-2009, 04:57 PM
Do you think that man as a whole is anywhere close to realizing the essential truth that lies within what this video is saying? You can harm no one without harming yourself in the process.

WARPATH
08-01-2009, 06:42 PM
This nigga is.....

http://file040b.bebo.com/12/large/2008/04/09/05/6317211092a7391756094l.jpg

Tecknowledgist
08-01-2009, 06:53 PM
everything is real. even if something is fake, it still exists.

Urban_Journalz
08-01-2009, 07:15 PM
Do you think that man as a whole is anywhere close to realizing the essential truth that lies within what this video is saying? You can harm no one without harming yourself in the process. Honestly, that's a tough question. As a whole, I would say both yes and no. Yes, because a lot of us who are wrapped up in materialism still have sparks of magnificent potential. The only problem is lack of feeding that side of themselves. I would also say yes, because there are those of us who take part in this, "feeding process", on a regular basis. We lead by example and that way more people are inclined to expand upon themselves. Hopefully thereafter the cycle repeats itself. I would say there are more who are not inclined to expand than there are those who choose to do so.

So true.

True indeed.

Olive Oil Goombah
08-01-2009, 07:27 PM
Maybe,as they said, right now, we are not evolved enough to figure it out...maybe the next step of evolution is some sort of other conditioning......

whatever it is, that shits deep. or is it?

Olive Oil Goombah
08-01-2009, 07:29 PM

not according to the holographic universe....watch part 1 and 2.

Everything is just an electral impulse in your brain

Urban_Journalz
08-01-2009, 07:49 PM
Maybe,as they said, right now, we are not evolved enough to figure it out...maybe the next step of evolution is some sort of other conditioning......

whatever it is, that shits deep. or is it?
Deep enough to swim in, but not deep enough to drown in. In other words, I would soak it up just long enough to move on to the next step. A lot of people get to a certain point and say, "Wow" for the rest of their days. Not implying anything to you personally, just giving some feedback.

When you say, "some other conditioning", how do you mean? 2012? Meditation? Nirvana?

not according to the holographic universe....watch part 1 and 2.

Everything is just an electral impulse in your brain

Isn't it so, that whatever the brain interprets is either harmful or beneficial to the person? If so, then wouldn't that mean that what is unbeneficial could be called, "fake" in the sense that it's worth is short-lived and often harm disguised as benefit? Cigarettes, drugs and Soulja Boy's music for example?

LORD NOSE
01-07-2010, 06:06 PM
"What IS Real?

Real

Definition: Real

Adjective

1. Being or occurring in fact or actuality; having verified existence; not illusory; "real objects"; "real people; not ghosts"; "a film based on real life"; "a real illness"; "real humility"; "Life is real! Life is earnest!"- Longfellow.
2. No less than what is stated; worthy of the name; "the real reason"; "real war"; "a real friend"; "a real woman"; "meat and potatoes--I call that a real meal"; "it's time he had a real job"; "it's no penny-ante job--he's making real money".
3. Being or reflecting the essential or genuine character of something; "her actual motive"; "a literal solitude like a desert"- G.K.Chesterton; "a genuine dilemma".
4. Not synthetic or spurious; of real or natural origin; "real mink"; "true gold".
5. Not to be taken lightly; "statistics demonstrate that poverty and unemployment are very real problems"; "to the man sleeping regularly in doorways homelessness is real".
6. Possible to be treated as fact; "tangible evidence"; "his brief time as Prime Minister brought few real benefits to the poor".
7. (economics) being value measured in terms of purchasing power; "real prices"; "real income"; "real wages".
8. Having substance or capable of being treated as fact; not imaginary; "the substantial world"; "a mere dream, neither substantial nor practical"; "most ponderous and substantial things"- Shakespeare.
9. (of property) fixed or immovable; "real property consists of land and buildings; real estate".
10. : coinciding with reality; "perceptual error...has a surprising resemblance to veridical perception"- F.A.Olafson.
11. : founded on practical matters; "a recent graduate experiencing the real world for the first time".
Adverb

1. Intensifiers; "she was very gifted"; "he played very well"; "a really enjoyable evening"; (`real' is sometimes used informally for `really' as in "I'm real sorry about it"; `rattling' is informal as in "a rattling good yarn").
Noun

1. Any rational or irrational number.
2. An old small silver Spanish coin.

ranks in realness ?

Definition: Unreal

Unreal

Adjective

1. Lacking in reality or substance or genuineness; not corresponding to acknowledged facts or criteria; "ghosts and other unreal entities"; "unreal propaganda serving as news".
2. Not actually such; being or seeming fanciful or imaginary; "this conversation is getting more and more unreal"; "the fantastically unreal world of government bureaucracy"; "the unreal world of advertising art".
3. Contrived by art rather than nature; "artificial flowers"; "artificial flavoring"; "an artificial diamond"; "artificial fibers"; "artificial sweeteners".
4. Lacking material form or substance; unreal; "as insubstantial as a dream"; "an insubstantial mirage on the horizon".

Cee Oh Vee
01-07-2010, 06:13 PM

I've always felt that seperation is an illusion. the dude in the video talking about the green pea-----I can dig it.

I think you misunderstood.

Allah is al-Haqq - The Real.

TheBoarzHeadBoy
01-07-2010, 08:27 PM
Allah is simply a corruption of the Brahman.

The Gods are Brahman.
The Demons are Brahman.
Mankind is Brahman.
The Animals are Brahman.
The Plants are Brahman.
The Physical is Brahman.
The Metaphysical is Brahman.
The Ethereal Spirits are Brahman.
Those in Hell are Brahman.

All is Brahman, Brahman is All.

But there is still Atman. That's what makes it interesting.

Urban_Journalz
01-08-2010, 11:57 AM
:lmao: Nice try BoarzHead

Spoken like a true person who knows this first-hand. You may as well practice a Jamaican accent and end all of your posts with, "Call me now fa ya free bombaclot readin'!"

Contrary to popular belief, things like this can't be known through simple reading. Especially reading incorrect literature, as you have clearly been doing; if any reading at all. It's hilarious how many of you try to simplify the greatest truth and mysteries of Creation. Do you really believe that a few painfully simple sentences can come within a mile of centuries of thought, contemplation, prayer and meditation? Do you really think that your, "knowledge" is greater than that of the countless thinkers that contemplated these same subjects and were still amazed into utter silence at the endlessness of it all?

Fourteen

"Look at it, but you cannot see it.
Because it is formless, you call it invisible.
Listen to it, but you cannot hear it.
Because it is soundless, you call it inaudible.
Grasp it, but it is beyond your reach.
Because it is subtle, you call it intangible.
These three are indescribable and imperceptible,
but in the mystical moment when you see it, hear it, grasp it, the Unseen, Unheard, Unreachable presents itself as the indefinable essence.
Confront it and you do not see it's face.
Follow it and you do not see it's back.
It does not appear bright when viewed from at the zenith.
Nor does it appear dark when viewed at the nadir.
There is NOTHING that can make this subtle essence of the Universe distinct....." The Tao Te Ching

That's for the people who know wtf I'm talking about. Things like this can only be vaguely described. The most in-depth description is no more than the tip OF the tip of an iceberg. If it was anywhere near as simple as you and a lot of other people would like to believe and have others believe, none of us would be here.

But do what you like. I'll do the same.

LORD NOSE
01-08-2010, 12:51 PM
it's like trying to get to the little meat taco under all that fat

Cee Oh Vee
01-08-2010, 01:27 PM
Allah is simply a corruption of the Brahman.

The Gods are Brahman.
The Demons are Brahman.
Mankind is Brahman.
The Animals are Brahman.
The Plants are Brahman.
The Physical is Brahman.
The Metaphysical is Brahman.
The Ethereal Spirits are Brahman.
Those in Hell are Brahman.

All is Brahman, Brahman is All.

But there is still Atman. That's what makes it interesting.

What gave you that idea?

Urban_Journalz
01-08-2010, 04:12 PM
What gave you that idea?

The same thing that gave them the idea that anything they said was of any kind of importance in the real world.

Uncle Steezo
01-09-2010, 12:37 PM
"nothing" is not nothing as in absence of substance.

nothing is the abscence of "things"... NO-THING

meaning that in the beginning there was no differentiation.

reality is a conscious singularity that divided in an effort to experience itself and then reunite.

as far as being complex or simple...

the secret to reality is simply to live it, knowing we are all part of the same whole.

LORD NOSE
01-09-2010, 01:01 PM
how does one explain things using words, things that cannot be explained with words ?

Cee Oh Vee
01-09-2010, 02:04 PM
The Path of the Sufis is about first-hand experience.

First-hand experience of the Real.

LORD NOSE
01-09-2010, 02:06 PM
learning and applying Taoist and Sufi teachings can bring you to a very high level

Cee Oh Vee
01-09-2010, 02:26 PM
There are many similarities to Taoism and Sufism, however I am Muslim, and traditional Taoism in Polytheistic; thus taking from it could have detrimental effects upon my development [on the Path].

Peace.

LORD NOSE
01-09-2010, 02:29 PM
i never read or heard that Taoism is polytheistic

Cee Oh Vee
01-09-2010, 02:35 PM
i never read or heard that Taoism is polytheistic

As far as I am aware; the traditional Taoism as practised by the Chinese is polytheistic.

What is known as Taoism today (as far as I am aware) is pantheistic.

That doesn't quite work for me either.

Peace.

LORD NOSE
01-09-2010, 02:39 PM
they worship many gods ?

Cee Oh Vee
01-09-2010, 02:43 PM
There is a thin line between polytheism and pantheism.

Maybe I was wrong, though.

LORD NOSE
01-09-2010, 03:53 PM
can someone who worships many gods be a humble and kind loving person who spends their life helping others ?

can someone who Believes in one god do the opposite ?

Cee Oh Vee
01-09-2010, 04:20 PM
can someone who worships many gods be a humble and kind loving person who spends their life helping others ?

can someone who Believes in one god do the opposite ?

Yes.

ballistic
01-09-2010, 04:21 PM
we are animated by the infinite, surrounded by the infinite, yet barred from perceiving it. free will & consciousness, the gift & the curse. how can we account for these things if separation is an illusion? does free will make the energetic network more dynamic?

"as above, so below": the actions of subatomic particles give us a picture of our role in creation. it is a remarkable hologram we are confronted with...nuanced, delicate, houndingly believable. psychic power is just another way of saying that we are all interconnected. it is thus absurd to consider such things as social security numbers...electrons only exist in relation to one another!

so the question is...how to break the matrix? how to apply this knowledge to our experience of the hologram?

Uncle Steezo
01-09-2010, 04:37 PM
personally, i don't believe that we are barred from perceiving the infinite.
but lets continue,
what do you mean by "breaking the matix"?
if the matrix's construction is divine in nature what can one gain by opposing the divine in an effort to destroy it?

polytheistic dogma has often been misconstrued. sometimes the concepts of multiple gods was originally meant to mean many qualities of a single God.

I know that in Islam, Allah has many titles. what has been understood as polytheism is similar in that aspect.

sunny, in the beginning, all there was was the Word. words can describe anything. even no-things.

Cee Oh Vee
01-09-2010, 04:42 PM
I know that in Islam, Allah has many titles. what has been understood as polytheism is similar in that aspect.

But these 'titles' are His attributes. He has ninety-nine of them; that doesn't mean He is ninety-nine deities.

Peace.

Uncle Steezo
01-09-2010, 05:06 PM
peace.
thats exactly my point.
over time, multiple translations and mishandling could lead an uninitiated person to believe otherwise tho. (99 deities)

ballistic
01-09-2010, 06:27 PM
[QUOTE=WUnded Fox;1783389]personally, i don't believe that we are barred from perceiving the infinite.
but lets continue,
what do you mean by "breaking the matix"?
if the matrix's construction is divine in nature what can one gain by opposing the divine in an effort to destroy it?
[QUOTE]

i should have made myself more clear because i agree...ultimately we aren't barred from perceiving the infinite. however, the sensory-based hologram or matrix we are participating in naturally cripples our view.
of course, the matrix is divine in nature. but once one understands, as i think we were intended to, that the matrix is a finite construction, shouldn't one's goal be to break through, to fully realize his divine nature and unify with the true oneness of everything, a state unchecked by physical limitations?

Uncle Steezo
01-09-2010, 06:50 PM
in a word, no.
life in this dimension is finite. my understanding is that we must live this life while we have it. enjoy it for what what it is realizing that its finite. learn the lessons God teaches us thru the language of EVENTS, and leave this dimension (death) a better place than we found it in.

we can do that by constantly striving to be a better person.
elevation.evolution.enlightenment.

ballistic
01-10-2010, 05:40 PM
true indeed. this dimension is all about lessons & self-improvement. however my soul is restless...learning about things like interdimensional transportation and nonphysical reality leaves my hunger for knowledge no less insatiable. i need to build a bridge between knowledge and experience.

i see the wisdom in your words but i'm someone who needs confirmation. the mind is intrigued by concepts but will only readjust itself for tangibility. it's been told that physical reality is a hologram, but it hasn't been SHOWN, per se. i just have to break through for the sake of my own evolution and enlightenment.

Urban_Journalz
01-10-2010, 06:45 PM
There are many similarities to Taoism and Sufism, however I am Muslim, and traditional Taoism in Polytheistic; thus taking from it could have detrimental effects upon my development [on the Path].

Peace.

Sallam akhi, you should definitely read the Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu. If you approach it with an open mind, you'll see that it is saying the exact same thing that Islam is saying, only with a few different examples given. Don't think that you're turning your back on Islam or disobeying Allah (SWT) because the bulk of the teaching is about patience, non-action and, "going with the flow". This isn't to say that you should take anyone's trash, because it also speaks against doing so. More like, play defense, not offense. Advance not an inch, rather back up a full mile. Only when absolutely needed do you do any damage.

With this method, you save energy and balance. Even if you are retaliated against, it will probably be something painfully juvenile and comical. You still make your prayers to The One God and follow all other Pillars, you're simply adding to the knowledge that you already have, which ultimately makes you the more well-rounded being. Take my word for it akhi, there is nothing wrong with the principle of Taoism. In fact, go to www.sacred-texts.com and read it there for yourself.

Remember the first thing that Jibril, pbuh, told RasulAllah, pbuh,"Iqra". Take that order and run B.

Sallam

Cee Oh Vee
01-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Sallam akhi, you should definitely read the Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu. If you approach it with an open mind, you'll see that it is saying the exact same thing that Islam is saying, only with a few different examples given. Don't think that you're turning your back on Islam or disobeying Allah (SWT) because the bulk of the teaching is about patience, non-action and, "going with the flow". This isn't to say that you should take anyone's trash, because it also speaks against doing so. More like, play defense, not offense. Advance not an inch, rather back up a full mile. Only when absolutely needed do you do any damage.

With this method, you save energy and balance. Even if you are retaliated against, it will probably be something painfully juvenile and comical. You still make your prayers to The One God and follow all other Pillars, you're simply adding to the knowledge that you already have, which ultimately makes you the more well-rounded being. Take my word for it akhi, there is nothing wrong with the principle of Taoism. In fact, go to www.sacred-texts.com and read it there for yourself.

Remember the first thing that Jibril, pbuh, told RasulAllah, pbuh,"Iqra". Take that order and run B.

Sallam

As-salamu `alaykum, Sidi.

Although I respect what you're saying; studying these matters without a firm grounding in the Dīn is very dangerous as one should use sound/correct fiqh (jurisprudence) and aqīda (Islamic theology) as a filter for this knowledge as to avoid deviance or innovation of any kind.

Until I have this, I do not need this knowledge. Perhaps you should be careful of what you advise aswell, with all due respect, Sidi.

Ma`a salaam.

Urban_Journalz
01-11-2010, 06:06 PM
As-salamu `alaykum, Sidi.

Although I respect what you're saying; studying these matters without a firm grounding in the Dīn is very dangerous as one should use sound/correct fiqh (jurisprudence) and aqīda (Islamic theology) as a filter for this knowledge as to avoid deviance or innovation of any kind.

Until I have this, I do not need this knowledge. Perhaps you should be careful of what you advise aswell, with all due respect, Sidi.

Ma`a salaam.

AlHumdulillah. Masha Allah. Sallam ya akhi.