PDA

View Full Version : Slaughterhouse - Slaughterhouse (discussion thread)

GhettoGnom
07-31-2009, 04:55 PM
Leaked!
Toadface need not reply. Can a mod delete all posts NOT about the album? I'm tired of reading the same posts in every thread that got anything to do with anyone of these dudes.

http://www.picfile.net/images/71serxa7l2dyndhve.jpg

01. Sound Off (Produced By STREETRUNNER)
02. Lyrical Murderers Ft. Kay Young (Produced By TheRealFocus)
03. Microphone (Produced By The Alchemist)
04. Not Tonight (Produced By STREETRUNNER)
05. The One Ft. The New Royales (Produced By DJ Khalil)
06. In The Mind Of Madness (Skit)
07. Cuckoo (Produced By DJ Khalil)
08. The Phone Call (Skit)
09. Onslaught 2 Ft. Fatman Scoop (Produced By Emile)
10. The Phone Call 2 (Skit)
11. Salute Ft. Pharoahe Monch (Produced By STREETRUNNER)
12. Pray (It’s A Shame) (Produced By RealSon)
13. Cut You Loose (Produced By Mr. Porter)
14. Rain Drops Ft. Novel (Produced By Filthy Rockwell)
15. Killaz Ft. Melanie Rutherford (Produced By Emile)

Joell Ortiz slaughtered Sound Off.. Damn he elevated!

Khem The Decepticon
07-31-2009, 04:58 PM
Whats the site where this leaked?

Luminaria36
07-31-2009, 05:19 PM
I think the album is pretty dope. It does sound a little rushed but that is to be expected since they were trying to get it out so soon.

Khem The Decepticon
07-31-2009, 05:20 PM
i think the album is pretty dope. It does sound a little rushed but that is to be expected since they were trying to get it out so soon.

where is it????????????

Luminaria36
07-31-2009, 05:21 PM
Joell Ortiz slaughtered Sound Off.. Damn he elevated!
[/B]

Oh yea that was some unexpected shit from Joell. I was seriously like damn that is straight fuckin fire.

Khem The Decepticon
07-31-2009, 05:22 PM
Stop teasing me and tell me!!!!!!

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
07-31-2009, 05:35 PM
this shit is hot nuff said wished the mop track on their though

Khem The Decepticon
07-31-2009, 05:38 PM
What the fuck is the site?????????

Luminaria36
07-31-2009, 05:40 PM
this shit is hot nuff said wished the mop track on their though

I feel ya but it's not hard to just throw that song in the playlist on your ipod or what not.

Khem The Decepticon
07-31-2009, 05:41 PM
holy shit thank you!!!

GhettoGnom
07-31-2009, 05:46 PM
Salute is amazing, Pharoahe killed the chorus. They should've gotten more Denaun production, he's a beast with the beats.

Khem The Decepticon
07-31-2009, 06:05 PM
Hard as fuck. Imma by a copy for sure.

Luminaria36
07-31-2009, 06:05 PM
I'm still at work so i've just listened to the you tube versions of all the songs so that's what i'm basin my shit off so far. One more hour i'll be on my couch with a fuckin beer rockin that shit though.

Reiko
07-31-2009, 08:22 PM
hope it's good Cuckoo is fuckin wack

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
07-31-2009, 09:47 PM
I feel ya but it's not hard to just throw that song in the playlist on your ipod or what not.

true dat i got a dope ass mixtape of their shit banged that out on the ipod 4 like 3 months straight

Thworldisyours
07-31-2009, 10:49 PM
“Thats why them wreckless quotes come with my drama.
My pops put coke-infested cum in my mamma…”

That pretty much sums up the album...

Too much to digest on one listen but I'm probably going to play this 118 times before it drops on 811 and I'm definitely buying this...

Poetic Wun
08-01-2009, 12:14 AM
this album was pretty ill. i ain't feelin Joey all too much and i hate Joell but i ain't gon' front like they all didnt come wit it.

GhettoGnom
08-01-2009, 02:49 AM
i hate Joell

You hate Joell? What, why?

Joell surpised me on this though, his delivery is ill. His flow on Sound Off made me go 'whoa' and wonder why he don't speed it up more often, he sounds nice as fuck when he ups his tempo.

'What I record goes / down as the best,
but the vets won't let that torch go
Y'all can keep it, they got flashlights now / and flamethrowers,
and I got one on my back right now!'

Reiko
08-01-2009, 07:48 AM
yo, I'm on 9th track "Onslaught 2" and thus far this shit is bangin' (I'm not gonna mention Cuckoo coz everyone knows it's fuckin wackkkkkkkkk) if this album is as good as the first part of it I'm coppin' it no doubt.

cap
08-01-2009, 07:57 AM
i dont know im not really impressed, maybe it'll grow on me.
and that skit explaining why joe budden says the dumb shit he says is the corniest shit i ever heard.

Buzk
08-01-2009, 10:40 AM
daamn Joell must have burst a blood wessel on the Sound off joint, dude went nuts, haha

Khem The Decepticon
08-01-2009, 10:43 AM
Cuckoo=GAY

Krish
08-01-2009, 11:21 AM
at a first glance the album sounds good

Thworldisyours
08-02-2009, 08:46 PM
Okay, Ive played this numerous times over the weekend and the album is good... Very good... I'm not going to throw out overused terms like 'classic' or 'album of the year' because its too early for all that. But for these guys who just formed this group last year to do an album THIS good in (reportedly) a WEEK is pretty amazing...

This album is good from start to finish. No filler. No tracks skipped. Cause if you skip a song you're going to miss a good verse (probably from Crooked or Joell). The production is solid. It doesnt overwhelm you overshadowing the lyrics, but the beats accompany the rhymes well.

And I know there are those who, and rightfully so, say these guys are just 'punchline' rappers. While there are no elaborate, complex stories about drug-dealin or homicides, they paint vivid, interesting pictures with what they say. And its not like its the same old 'I got these cars, I got this money, I got these bitches, etc.' blahblahblah thats been done a billion times before...

My biggest complaint about the album is Woodstock and Onslaught 1 didnt make the cut (cause those two songs wouldve been a perfect way to end the album)... But I guess thats why god made burners and ipods...

Definitely copping this on 8/11...

Thworldisyours
08-02-2009, 08:52 PM
And I cant be the only one that likes Cuckoo...

Crooked's too nice on this for it to be a wack track...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
08-02-2009, 09:05 PM
Okay, Ive played this numerous times over the weekend and the album is good... Very good... I'm not going to throw out overused terms like 'classic' or 'album of the year' because its too early for all that. But for these guys who just formed this group last year to do an album THIS good in (reportedly) a WEEK is pretty amazing...

This album is good from start to finish. No filler. No tracks skipped. Cause if you skip a song you're going to miss a good verse (probably from Crooked or Joell). The production is solid. It doesnt overwhelm you overshadowing the lyrics, but the beats accompany the rhymes well.

And I know there are those who, and rightfully so, say these guys are just 'punchline' rappers. While there are no elaborate, complex stories about drug-dealin or homicides, they paint vivid, interesting pictures with what they say. And its not like its the same old 'I got these cars, I got this money, I got these bitches, etc.' blahblahblah thats been done a billion times before...

My biggest complaint about the album is Woodstock and Onslaught 1 didnt make the cut (cause those two songs wouldve been a perfect way to end the album)... But I guess thats why god made burners and ipods...

Definitely copping this on 8/11...

agreed

tical2000
08-03-2009, 01:22 AM
these dudes and this album just sounds amateur to me.......

I don't know, I find alot of their rhymes corny as fuck.....

there is a reason none of these guys have not done anything.....it's tough to put your finger on, I just don't find them enjoyable to listen too

Edgar Erebus
08-03-2009, 08:03 AM
01. Sound Off (Produced By STREETRUNNER)
02. Lyrical Murderers Ft. Kay Young (Produced By TheRealFocus)
04. Not Tonight (Produced By STREETRUNNER)
05. The One Ft. The New Royales (produced By DJ Khalil)
06. In The Mind Of Madness (Skit)
07. Cuckoo (Produced By DJ Khalil)
08. The Phone Call (Skit)
10. The Phone Call 2 (Skit)
11. Salute Ft. Pharoahe Monch (Produced By STREETRUNNER)
12. Pray (It’s A Shame) (Produced By RealSon)
14. Rain Drops Ft. Novel (Produced By Filthy Rockwell)

Lost any interest.

main_man
08-03-2009, 12:54 PM
listened to the album and its a solid release.
these guys make each other step up their pen game and it shows.
i'd say performance wise it would go--joell--royce--crooked--budden.

cuckoo and the skits are wack, but everything else is better than most hip hop being released in 2009. surprisingly good considering all the hate on the internets.

adrianoter
08-04-2009, 02:03 AM
listened to the album and its a solid release.
these guys make each other step up their pen game and it shows.
i'd say performance wise it would go--joell--royce--crooked--budden.

cuckoo and the skits are wack, but everything else is better than most hip hop being released in 2009. surprisingly good considering all the hate on the internets.

Im still bumpin Born Like This. Im not comfortable with the Voltron shit at the start of the album. They need to get a more original analogy to describe the crew. Or maybe its taken shots at Wu. I just dunno. I cant take that Joe Budden's verses seriously when he didnt want a lyrical battle with Mef or Deck. The winds been taken out of the shits sales (sails?).

Poetic Wun
08-05-2009, 05:28 PM
You hate Joell? What, why?

Joell surpised me on this though, his delivery is ill. His flow on Sound Off made me go 'whoa' and wonder why he don't speed it up more often, he sounds nice as fuck when he ups his tempo.

'What I record goes / down as the best,
but the vets won't let that torch go
Y'all can keep it, they got flashlights now / and flamethrowers,
and I got one on my back right now!'
his earlier shit wasn't impressive to me. i think his development has grown substantially tho... like i said i can't front. His verse on onslaught 2 was bangin.

also, when i heard him from the jump, i immediately had a problem with him as i do with all latin niggas (being one myself)... i get disgraced by alot of the shit hispanic cats put out, especially when it's flooding airwaves where i'm is.
they gotta prove themselves to the Nth degree Big Pun style na'mean. so with my distaste for him from the jump off; my main nigga hyped that dude like he was Latin's gift to hip hop lol so that just kept diggin into me but Joell has a few joint with that Novel cat, them shits is ill. i see him like a serious brown redman... he clown but he has that serious side. i wish redman had some serious shit...

i wish reman took the music shit more serious actually...

i wish red took anything serious...

(got an idea for a thread just now.)

GhettoGnom
08-05-2009, 05:52 PM
^^ Hahaha @ having a problem from the get-go with all latin MCs cus you're latin. Seems kinda strange, doesn't it?

But yeah, Joell is the truth to me.
I don't even know a single latino, but this track is classic(sounds better in cdq though)
nn3DSkLwX6E
One of those tracks that just makes you feel good no matter what.

Reiko
08-05-2009, 05:57 PM
true, whole The Brick CD is dope.

Poetic Wun
08-05-2009, 06:31 PM
^^ Hahaha @ having a problem from the get-go with all latin MCs cus you're latin. Seems kinda strange, doesn't it?

But yeah, Joell is the truth to me.
I don't even know a single latino, but this track is classic(sounds better in cdq though)
One of those tracks that just makes you feel good no matter what.
was that technique @2:25??
that song is scary lol i can relate to that all to well haha...
alotta folks think i got a strange mentality cause i get that way with brown folk but if that was Spic-Hop then i'd dig it... cept the rappin in spanish. DON'T FICKIN RAP IN SPANISH - i don't care if you wearin chancletas & a white tee neither! put on some shoes!
but on the real it's the consciousness that kills it. if they was all Pun/Tchnique/Joell(ish) conscious i wouldn't mind it none but this shit:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BldCjx5sdjc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BldCjx5sdjc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
(my baby moms cousins at that [poor my daughter])
and SPM shit is what people see when you talk about latin rap.
i won't take part in this. it's disgusting. they make a name that, FOR SOME REASON, they're proud of but shames me to death.
lol spanish folk round my way got a problem with me cause my swagger is different.
don't get me wrong i'm brown & proud but i just select what other brown folk i'll stand next too.

btw, that song that cuts in at the end is bonkers!
Joell was prolly 2nd fav after royce on this album for me.

Ghost In The 'Lac
08-05-2009, 06:43 PM
Shouldnt this thread be called "Slaugterhouse thread" ?

and SMH at you being on a wu tang forum thinking you can have your own little space where no one is allowed to diss slaugter houseniggas

fucking rap boyband. this shit aint even close to hip hop.

Poetic Wun
08-05-2009, 06:51 PM
fuck you ghost!
get outta here!
go on

main_man
08-05-2009, 10:08 PM
its a dope ass hip hop album.

fuck what ya heard.

Khem The Decepticon
08-05-2009, 10:49 PM
Im gonna get.