PDA

View Full Version : Rapper threatens cops by name and gets time.

diggy
07-31-2009, 09:16 PM
Local Florida Rapper Gets Two Years For MySpace Song (http://www.ballerstatus.com/2009/07/31/local-florida-rapper-gets-two-years-for-myspace-song/) Posted on July 31, 2009 (2 hours ago) Words by Allen Starbury A rapper in Lakeland, Florida was arrested and setenced to two years in prison after local law enforcement found a song on MySpace that threatened two cops.

According to TheLedger.com (http://www.theledger.com/article/20090730/NEWS/907305103/1410?Title=Lakeland-Man-Goes-To-Prison-For-a-Song), 20-year-old rapper T.I. (real name: Antavio Johnson) was charged with two counts of corruption by threat of a public servant, when a gang detective found a song titled "Kill Me A Cop," on MySpace page earlier this year.

In the song, Johnson mentioned two Lakeland police officers by name and threatens murder, and refers to a sheriff's deputy and police dog killed in the line of duty.
He was already being held on a probation violation for a 2007 cocaine possession charge.

During an investigation, Johnson admitted to writing and recording the song, due to his frustrations with harassement by police.

According to Daniel Barajas, the rapper's friend and owner of Hood Certified Entertainment whose MySpace page published the song, it was not meant to be released. He also said he was unaware that the song named two police officers.
"It was my mistake. I didn't listen to it thoroughly. I liked the beat," Barajas told The Ledger.

At press time, the song had been removed from the company's MySpace page.

:W

diggy
07-31-2009, 09:17 PM
...When keepin it real goes wrong.

EAGLE EYE
07-31-2009, 09:19 PM
lol snatchin' all the T.I. 's off the streets and throwing away the key.

getting arrested from your myspace page is hard body

diggy
07-31-2009, 09:23 PM
Name himself T.I. and get thrown into prison like T.I.

Whuttup G, whutchu in fo?

Oh, uh, threatning cops in a song on my myspace page.

Lex Lugor
07-31-2009, 09:48 PM
kill a cop for god

diggy
07-31-2009, 09:53 PM
http://www.baynews9.com/images/news/2009/7/30/lgantaviojohnson.jpg

If he smiles like this in prison, he might get free sausage.

Dr. Simon Hurt
07-31-2009, 10:01 PM
what a fucking dumbass...the whole story reeks of stupidity. reno 911 has done this same kind of scenario twice that I know of lol

luke cage has the best username on the site btw...don't change that shit.

Lex Lugor
07-31-2009, 10:12 PM
man i just read new avengers 22 luke tears that shit up

it was either luke cage or blackbolt which woulda served a better e-theme but oh well

diggy
07-31-2009, 10:23 PM
What I find interesting is that if you go to the police as a victim of a verbal threat, they would say they can't make an arrest until the peson who made the threat actually does something physically to you.

He's in jail because of words (and stupidity. I mean he was already in there when they went to arrest him) He didn't actually hurt anyone.

Lex Lugor
07-31-2009, 10:24 PM
shoot a judge too then i guess?...

SKAMPOE
07-31-2009, 11:53 PM
Ghostlaced was arrested for falsely accusing a female of rape when she was just tryna give him sum pusseh

yea yea i know its overkill lol

Khem The Decepticon
07-31-2009, 11:54 PM
Dumbass.

Dr. Simon Hurt
08-01-2009, 07:58 AM
man i just read new avengers 22 luke tears that shit up

it was either luke cage or blackbolt which woulda served a better e-theme but oh well

oh ya...the civil war issue...luke's the realest
black bolt's cool too but luke's at another level of badassery, that's why he doesn't even need a costume anymore lol

this dude needs to contact the ACLU
FMJ is right, how is that if you threaten somebody any a position ogf authority it's treated differently than the average citizen? however if you throw in destruction of property, it's branded a terrorist threat and then you're fucked? did you guys hear about the guy who threatened to blow up a telemarketer's building and kill their families and now he's locked up.