PDA

View Full Version : Do white people enjoy being demonized?

Uncle Steezo
08-01-2009, 01:12 AM
Just an observation:
groups like public enemy, wu, ice cube, and plenty others make music that demonizes white folks but yet perform in front of a sea of white faces.

so i just wanted to know. how do you process anti white lyrics by an artist you like?

do you tell yourself "he's not talking about me"?
do you ignore it?
do you agree with it?

just curious.

diggy
08-01-2009, 01:23 AM
HAHA

I've noticed the same thing.

They just stand there and enjoy the music with no facial expression.

LOL.

EAGLE EYE
08-01-2009, 01:28 AM
The joke is also on the performers as well if you think about it.

EAGLE EYE
08-01-2009, 01:36 AM
Like Wu or Dead Prez or Immortal Technique performing for thousands of white teens, and their own people not giving a FUCK about their existence except for a small margin of devoted fans or family for the most part.

The joke is on everyone involved at the event. I mean from an outside perspective think of how fucked the situation is. White kids nodding their heads while being degraded (possibly not even knowing it) then on the contrary the performers original core audience fails to show them support, buy their product or attend shows cuz they get stuck on the flavor of the month artists and have some whacked out linear path of listening to music.

Its mind bottling.

diggy
08-01-2009, 01:36 AM
Well, you could look at it like that.

Uncle Steezo
08-01-2009, 01:41 AM
tru@ rob
but if RHCP made songs about lynching monkeys and burning crosses i'm sure their shows would not look like a tarzan movie.

so what's the disney?

hectis
08-01-2009, 01:44 AM
maybe they forget they are white when they are at a concet

EAGLE EYE
08-01-2009, 01:47 AM
LOL those entrances with metal detectors are really melanin portals in disguise.

diggy
08-01-2009, 01:53 AM
lol those entrances with metal detectors are really melanin portals in disguise.

haha.

SKAMPOE
08-01-2009, 02:02 AM
stinx like sex in here

The Hound
08-01-2009, 02:08 AM
Those same groups who "demonize" white people also suck up to white people because white people determine success.

Compulsion
08-01-2009, 02:12 AM
I agree w/ Slang...Also I don't think everyone listens to music focuses on racial messages. It is hard to make a blanket statement though because out of the white people at the show a lot of them have probably conviced themselves they are black (which I don't understand, but that is another topic) so the messsage is lost on them anyway. Personally I don't focus strictly on the message when it comes to hip hop and more the wordplay and beats. Just because I don't always agree with the message doesn't mean you can't recognize skillful wordplay and appreciate it. I don't agree with every book I read, but I want to see things from everyones perspective. Just my opinion though.

peace.

Uncle Steezo
08-01-2009, 02:34 AM
i feel you compulsion but calling me a nigger won't get me to buy a concert ticket no matter how skillfully it was done.

for example, i used to like guns and roses back in the day till i heard axl rose say "cops and niggers get outta my way" in a song. ever since then, its been fuck them and their music, not like they have made any in like 20 yrs but you get my point.

no one else has answered my question.

when YOU hear an artist say something negative about white people, how do you process it?

Lex Lugor
08-01-2009, 02:34 AM
LMAO! hectis whats a matter with you elohels
your realling bringing the team spirit online lol

hectis
08-01-2009, 02:44 AM
lol

Compulsion
08-01-2009, 02:50 AM
i feel you compulsion but calling me a nigger won't get me to buy a concert ticket no matter how skillfully it was done.

for example, i used to like guns and roses back in the day till i heard axl rose say "cops and niggers get outta my way" in a song. ever since then, its been fuck them and their music, not like they have made any in like 20 yrs but you get my point.

no one else has answered my question.

when YOU hear an artist say something negative about white people, how do you process it?

I process it as their opinion. I'm don't take it personally, becuase everyone is entitled to their opinon...But at the same time I don't look at it like 'oh they aren't talking about ME personally.' I understand people have varying opinions and generally there is a reason they hold those opinions. To me you should be able to listen to things that are negative about your 'race' or whatever as a way to process the other point of view and understand it.(In my opinion, I am NOT saying that I think you are wrong for your reasoning not to buy a G&R CD. That makes sense to me, but I personally don't always go that path) That doesn't mean you 'feel guilty' about it from simply being that race, but rather you can understand WHERE the hate/dislike is coming from and from there is where you can find solutions. But for most music if the word play and general sound of the song sound good to me I will listen to it, regardless of the message. Then again I'm not always going to the same persons shows, just buying their CD's so I'm not sure I'm the best person to answer the question.

I do feel what you are saying though....

Lex Lugor
08-01-2009, 02:59 AM
brovas aint gonna go out to smiths and buy a concert ticket tho
thast a white person thing

TSA
08-01-2009, 03:35 AM
here's the thing. You can say oh tsa don't generalize but life is our proof. White ppl are generally bitter, bitter, bitter unhappy fucking ppl, and never want to be who they are.

I think they relate to the fact that these groups are the anti them, and hate themselves and thus yern to relate to 'the other side' cause it's not them.

They aren't gonna question what PE of Tech says cause they agree, white ppl suck.

black ppl, who except for african americans, are usually really happy ppl like happier good time music.

look at wucorp. The entire white population here doesn't listen to wutang, they just cling to wutang so that they can hate everything else and still have an anchor in 'hep hawp'.

white ppl want to escape the pain that is existing as a fag.

im not saying it's genetics, i think its more culture.

TSA
08-01-2009, 03:38 AM
black ppl abandoning these gay ass groups also makes sense. Black ppl jump ship when it starts being gay. white ppl will know its gay and remain loyal to a CD they downloaded inbetween jacking off like it's their fathers will.

when did black ppl stop fucking with wu? after forever
meth? after blackout

i dont think white ppl are indicatory of success cause the least successful groups are the most loved by white ppl specifically and the most successful loathed by them.

go to a Gucci mane show, shit looks like zimbabwe, go to a KRS show, it looks like poland.

and obviously gucci is more successful then KRS.

white fanbases are musical maggots. the deader you are the more they multiply

Compulsion
08-01-2009, 03:50 AM
here's the thing. You can say oh tsa don't generalize but life is our proof. White ppl are generally bitter, bitter, bitter unhappy fucking ppl, and never want to be who they are.

I think they relate to the fact that these groups are the anti them, and hate themselves and thus yern to relate to 'the other side' cause it's not them.

They aren't gonna question what PE of Tech says cause they agree, white ppl suck.

black ppl, who except for african americans, are usually really happy ppl like happier good time music.

look at wucorp. The entire white population here doesn't listen to wutang, they just cling to wutang so that they can hate everything else and still have an anchor in 'hep hawp'.

white ppl want to escape the pain that is existing as a fag.

im not saying it's genetics, i think its more culture.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I have no problem with myself and listen to Wu Tang frequently.(I listen to everything but Country music though) You can't choose what race you are born into so it is idiotic to me to hate yourself for something you can't control. I don't know many people like you describe, but I'm sure that steretype exists for a reason.

hectis
08-01-2009, 04:03 AM
I don't think all white people who listen to the wu hate their selves

Compulsion
08-01-2009, 04:19 AM
I don't think all white people who listen to the wu hate their selves

Like all stereotypes it is varies on accuracy depending on your perspective/location...ect.

Visionz
08-01-2009, 04:22 AM
to answer the original question.....I don't feel like they're talking about me.

Huggasaurus Sex
08-01-2009, 04:43 AM
http://sharkniggas.ytmnd.com/

NIGHT MAYOR
08-01-2009, 05:20 AM
Just an observation:
groups like public enemy, wu, ice cube, and plenty others make music that demonizes white folks but yet perform in front of a sea of white faces.

so i just wanted to know. how do you process anti white lyrics by an artist you like?

do you tell yourself "he's not talking about me"?
do you ignore it?
do you agree with it?

just curious.

you make it out like every song is about the devil known as whitey when it would probably be more like 2%

and i know their not talking about me - just racist to think they mean all white people, its more about previous generations of "whiteys"

The entire white population here doesn't listen to wutang

yeah - geez - your so right - i just have these to show off

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b222/fredymech/cds1.jpg

you know how STOOPID you sound when you say "the entire population"

wake up mr nostrils

NIGHT MAYOR
08-01-2009, 05:24 AM
.......oh and yeah, i dont listen to much ice cube, cause that nigah is plain racist

Uncle Steezo
08-01-2009, 06:07 AM
well here in america we are being encouraged to discuss race. so i'm doing my duty as a citizen.

i do feel on some level, even if its subconsciously, white people feel like they deserve some type of retribution and the chastisement from a black person acts as a catharsis for guilt. just a theory that has yet to be tested.

like my daughter, she was seven when i got married. for a long time i didn't feel comfortable spanking her. her father called me one day after hearing about her acting up in school and told me to beat that ass.

so the next time i tore her up. after the tears dried up she looked at me like "oh you really do love me dad".

thin lines......

Compulsion
08-01-2009, 06:25 AM
well here in america we are being encouraged to discuss race. so i'm doing my duty as a citizen.

i do feel on some level, even if its subconsciously, white people feel like they deserve some type of retribution and the chastisement from a black person acts as a catharsis for guilt. just a theory that has yet to be tested.

like my daughter, she was seven when i got married. for a long time i didn't feel comfortable spanking her. her father called me one day after hearing about her acting up in school and told me to beat that ass.

so the next time i tore her up. after the tears dried up she looked at me like "oh you really do love me dad".

thin lines......

I'm not sure I agree with that as a generalization although I"m sure you can find examples. You would have to poll a rather large group of people and even then if it is more subconcious than most people wouldn't realize it anyway. I'm not really sure that is a point that can be proven or disproven, so I'll agree to disagree on that. I can only speak for myself in that I don't feel guilt for things that happend before I was born. One can only control their own actions and hope to be judged by that and not grouped with people you have no association with besides skin color. Is that realistic though? Doesn't seem like it, but that is what we should be working towards I think.

Nothing wrong with discussing race in a way that builds understanding. For that reason I generally find it pointless to discuss racial issues with people of the same race as your not going to get a very wide perspective. More thinking in RL with that though.

I did find this thread more interesting than I originally thought it would be. Props for that.

peace.

NIGHT MAYOR
08-01-2009, 06:25 AM
discussions like this one keep racism alive.

hmYz-RE9YmA

Uncle Steezo
08-01-2009, 07:08 AM
in order to solve a problem you must 1st acknowledge it, then examine it, then work towards a solution.

look what ignoring the problem did to laceys teef.

YungSunny
08-01-2009, 07:30 AM
you make it out like every song is about the devil known as whitey when it would probably be more like 2%

and i know their not talking about me - just racist to think they mean all white people, its more about previous generations of "whiteys"

wake up mr nostrils
Do you know how stupid you look actually buying The Movement? lol

Dr. Simon Hurt
08-01-2009, 07:50 AM
fredy's collection is massive

i think some white people might hate themselves and suffer from white liberal guilt, but i also think some of them are so comfortable with their place in the world that it doesn't faze them do hear some racical barbs from somebody who's momentary purpose (from their perspective) is to provide them with entertainment...the sting of a racial epithet is virtually non existent when you can go through life without experiencing much actual discrimination and persecution.
a black person's not going to take listening to (for example) axl rose popping some bullshit when you already have to worry about getting followed in department stores, arbitrarily getting pulled over, old ladies crossing the street and clutching their purses when they see you walking, employers giving you skeptical looks regardless of how well dressed and well spoken you are, etc...plus there's more cultural pride when you have underdog status...you almost have to love your people more when there's less of you and the mainstream marginalizes you.
that's my take on it.
and this question is as old as PE

Dr. Simon Hurt
08-01-2009, 07:52 AM

lol
i bought it too
i was pissed after buying it, but there it is...it's actually a pretty good album once you get past the no wu production, deck dumbing his rhymes down thing.

Inspectah_Dirk
08-01-2009, 08:32 AM
Meh, i ignore it. It's just sad how they work. Besides, i like the music, and they would probably have a great time hanging with me. So fuck them if they do hate me, i don't buy there cd's but just download them so whatever whaha.

NIGHT MAYOR
08-01-2009, 08:49 AM

got some decent songs:

that shit
its like that
framed
vendetta
big city

guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.:(W

Dr. Simon Hurt
08-01-2009, 09:14 AM
city high, framed, and vendetta make the album worth it imo

Olive Oil Goombah
08-01-2009, 10:38 AM
Black people are just as bigoted as any white group. So it doesnt surprise me, nor does it offend me when they talk shit.

That being said, if they are overboard with it and are just pure racists like Dead Prez, or just liberal douchebag retards like Immortal Technique...i can't fuck with it. No matter how good it sounds.

I can handle the average prejudice cuz i have them too. We all do.

I really dont think Wu-Tang is as bad with it as everyone thinks.

Most whites aren't that sensitive anyway and dont take rappers that seriously.
I kno I don't.

When people like Nas or Kanye try to talk shit it just makes me laugh.

Blacks are no diff than whites...were all the same when it comes to this shit.

JASPER
08-01-2009, 10:45 AM
Black people are just as bigoted as any white group. So it doesnt surprise me, nor does it offend me when they talk shit.

That being said, if they are overboard with it and are just pure racists like Dead Prez, or just liberal douchebag retards like Immortal Technique...i can't fuck with it. No matter how good it sounds.

I kno I don't.

Blacks are no diff than whites...were all the same when it comes to this shit.Good post.

Olive Oil Goombah
08-01-2009, 10:48 AM
I always wanted to be acknowledged by you Jasper.

LORD NOSE
08-01-2009, 11:01 AM
baby punches -

they too lofty in the head to care if some nigga is on the stage tap dancing while gruntin some foul shit about them

those lyrics have gotten us nothing of substance

then on the other side - mos said it

"they don't know the language and shoutin the anthem"

JASPER
08-01-2009, 11:02 AM
I've always wanted to have a staring contest with you, Nicky, while we both pleasure ourselfs. But alas.

Olive Oil Goombah
08-01-2009, 11:08 AM
i was just in the netherlands too.....missed chances....

on a side note

nobody cares. The majority of whites dont even listen to it like that. I know kids who hate shines, but listen to Lil Wayne or who liked Dre or Snoop or Geto Boys back in the day.

a hit is a hit...music is music.

Koolish
08-01-2009, 12:30 PM
i don't give a fuck if you hate white people, if you're a good MC and lyricist i'll buy your album.

AcidPhosphate69
08-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Nicky said the smartest shit in this thread so far.

For people who bitch about racial stereotypes and shit like that, you're putting an awful lot of your own racism into music.

Racist is a dead term anyways. Seriously, it gets thrown around like some cheap blame frisbee. You can thank self-serving assholes like Al Sharpton. Nobody really cares any more. Race will always be an issue and people need to learn how to deal with it. To think otherwise is pretty fucking delusional.

drippie k
08-01-2009, 06:05 PM
white doods just assume that when mention crackers and white devils, what rappers are really talking about is "the man"

Olive Oil Goombah
08-01-2009, 06:38 PM
the thing is, your getting their perspective, and if you have even met hood niggaz, it shouldn't surprise you.

Also, if your from a place were blacks and whites live amongst eachother, you will very easily realize that they are are fundamentally no different from any other human being on earth.
Everyone has bad days...this shit is all relatable to everything and everybody.

Which is why, sometimes, whites can relate to stickin it to 'the man'...etc. etc.

The problem is the generalities associated with the way we speak and what language we use.

I could say 'fuck that nigger' about a black dude who robbed me, but does that really mean I hate all blacks?

No. And the use of any racial slur is so ambiguous.....its like calling someone an idiot or a moron.

Or calling a girl a cunt. SOme have harsher meanings, but if you call a blonde a cunt, does that mean your calling all blondes cunts, or all women cunts??

So what GZA is calling someone a 'devil' or a rapper calls someone a 'cracker'....are they calling all 'whites' crackers???

Again, what constitutes 'white' in their mind. it could be an array of things and it probably is not to mention the fact that each individual is going to have their own interpretations and experiences and conditionings from which to judge by.

so really, I think its all personal preference about how offended you get, and what in particular offends you.

Sean
08-01-2009, 08:15 PM
^ nicky pretty much summed it up right there

Plus most white people aren't sensitive about that anyway, at least most people I know anyway. I don't get offended by someone being "racist" towards me, it just doesn't affect me at all. I'd get more annoyed if it was a personal comment or whatever aimed at me than one about me being white.

Compulsion
08-01-2009, 09:02 PM
^ nicky pretty much summed it up right there

Plus most white people aren't sensitive about that anyway, at least most people I know anyway. I don't get offended by someone being "racist" towards me, it just doesn't affect me at all. I'd get more annoyed if it was a personal comment or whatever aimed at me than one about me being white.

Exactly....

DrBold241
08-01-2009, 09:48 PM
then on the contrary the performers original core audience fails to show them support, buy their product or attend shows cuz they get stuck on the flavor of the month artists and have some whacked out linear path of listening to music.

apparently that's one of the contributing factors to why Jurassic 5 broke up.

TSA
08-01-2009, 09:56 PM

wake up mr nostrils

shut up, you're a stan. your feverish collection has nothing to do with listening to wutang

TSA
08-01-2009, 10:01 PM
the thing is, your getting their perspective, and if you have even met hood niggaz, it shouldn't surprise you.

Also, if your from a place were blacks and whites live amongst eachother, you will very easily realize that they are are fundamentally no different from any other human being on earth.
Everyone has bad days...this shit is all relatable to everything and everybody.

Which is why, sometimes, whites can relate to stickin it to 'the man'...etc. etc.

The problem is the generalities associated with the way we speak and what language we use.

I could say 'fuck that nigger' about a black dude who robbed me, but does that really mean I hate all blacks?

yes. If calling him a nigger is an insult, which it is and in this sentence is intented to be, and black people are exclusively niggers, then regardless of how you're talking about your still using the fact he's black as an insult.
you could have called him anything, if i call someone stupid im obviously using their intelligence as an insult, and thus anyone at their level of functioning is demeaned like that person

this ignoramus ass white person post is more evidence to the fact spoken previously by the divine teeesay.

look at this guy trying to justify the fact that he's racist with technicalities and examples of his cowardly white racist spine or lack there of. Whites can't relate to sticking it to man.

the objective of being white is to be black. i swear.
(thread comings soon)

hectis
08-01-2009, 10:55 PM
but not all white people want to be black though

LORD NOSE
08-01-2009, 10:56 PM
a black woman with a long blonde weave would tell you that she doesn't want to be white

TSA
08-01-2009, 10:58 PM
^nigga? lol gtfo, ain't nobody talkin about no wack ass black hoes and shit nigga

LORD NOSE
08-01-2009, 11:00 PM
^nigga? lol gtfo, ain't nobody talkin about no wack ass black hoes and shit nigga

dam - you sound like a black american

hectis
08-01-2009, 11:01 PM
what about mixed people are they black people trying to be white or white people tying to be black?

LORD NOSE
08-01-2009, 11:21 PM
all this "tryin to be" needs to be defined

popular white culture -

popular black culture -

TSA
08-01-2009, 11:26 PM
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic10251_3.gif
so your in the NOI, Zulu nation, black panters, and MLK, a dude how has ideologically nothing to do with your other internet revoltionary movements is the crucifixation?

WARPATH
08-01-2009, 11:27 PM
I bet none of these crackers are playing menace clan on shuffle.

I never here to much about Willie D or the Geto Boys on this forum either.

Yeah I said cracker. But Slippy the Pimp isn't racist....right?

TSA
08-01-2009, 11:28 PM
wtf are you talking about you're not black either lol. Ain't nobody rapping from no damn reservation nigga

WARPATH
08-01-2009, 11:30 PM
wtf are you talking about you're not black either lol. Ain't nobody rapping from no damn reservation nigga

Shut the fuck up you Igbo Aids carrying monkey.

TSA
08-01-2009, 11:33 PM
My aids > your age

WARPATH
08-01-2009, 11:37 PM
Which brings me to another point.

A lot of rappers relate to what's been going on the Reservation.

Dead Prez for example talks about leornard peltier and how he was accused for killing two FBI Agents on the reservation.

In the mean time TSA plays dress up, beating on some bongos all the while white folks be in the crowd clowning his ass.

Observe:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j113/Charging_Soldier/slippyismydad.jpg
House Nigga

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_0SWl0hRdg4A/Sg1zaJ6HuuI/AAAAAAAAJ0I/QC3RoJxUaXM/s400/willieD.jpg
Field Nigga

AcidPhosphate69
08-01-2009, 11:49 PM
a black woman with a long blonde weave would tell you that she doesn't want to be white

Aren't you white? Am I wrong?

LORD NOSE
08-02-2009, 12:29 AM
Aren't you white? Am I wrong?

yes i am white

no you are not wrong

the silencer
08-02-2009, 12:58 AM
white doods just assume that when mention crackers and white devils, what rappers are really talking about is "the man"
co-sign...i don't look at it as them demonizing the entire race..

Khem The Decepticon
08-02-2009, 01:24 AM
I hate being white. I believe white people are the devil.

Robert
08-02-2009, 04:34 AM
In answer to the intial question, I couldn't care less. I don't find it insulting at all.

"Devil" and "cracker" do not have the same connotations as "nigger". Which is probably why most white people that like Wutang and understand their music couldn't care less.

These insults don't affect their real life, whereas black people are genuinely affected by being called a "nigger" due to the history surrounding the term and their treatment in the USA today and in the past (this may not actually be true but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway).

Aside from this, why would I care what 9 idiots who happen to make good music, have to say about my existence?

WARPATH
08-02-2009, 04:36 AM
Deep. Like mommy pussy.

TSA
08-02-2009, 04:37 AM
post your age

Wu-tang Fan
08-02-2009, 04:39 AM
I can see this thread has already been answered. I like rap for the skill of the music that they make basically. I find it very skillful the way words are rhymed with each other. I also like some of the concepts portrayed in songs like in "The Chase" by Rza. You couldn't get a story told like that in any other form of music.

Also rap is very good at describing action scenes like Deck's verse in "Rap Burgulars". Plus rap has a stylish way of sticking a finger to authority, which everyone can understand. Like the God O.D.B. (R.I.P.) said, you are only offended if you are a devil.

People are people and will have different opinions regardless of their race.
I can see why some black folk might have a grudge against the white man. With almost everyone though when you meet face to face they are cool with you.

J-Cee
08-02-2009, 04:45 AM
Cause we just don't give a fuck.....

WARPATH
08-02-2009, 04:47 AM
post your age

post your tits.....

oh wait...

you already did.

Clack Clack

http://images.smarter.com/blogs/baby%20powder.jpg

( Careful )

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j113/Charging_Soldier/gay.jpg

hectis
08-02-2009, 04:50 AM
threads like these serve no point it only brings black and white people farther apart rather then bring them together, last time I knew every race struggles in some way, shape or form, and until we can learn to come together, and work together then nothing will ever get done

YungSunny
08-02-2009, 07:09 AM
^White people struggle deciding whether they should dip their caviar in grey poupon or mayo.

Olive Oil Goombah
08-02-2009, 07:53 AM
yes. If calling him a nigger is an insult, which it is and in this sentence is intented to be, and black people are exclusively niggers, then regardless of how you're talking about your still using the fact he's black as an insult.
you could have called him anything, if i call someone stupid im obviously using their intelligence as an insult, and thus anyone at their level of functioning is demeaned like that person

this ignoramus ass white person post is more evidence to the fact spoken previously by the divine teeesay.

look at this guy trying to justify the fact that he's racist with technicalities and examples of his cowardly white racist spine or lack there of. Whites can't relate to sticking it to man.

the objective of being white is to be black. i swear.
(thread comings soon)

You can't relate to being white, so your really can't say any of this.

Your objective is to question whatever anyone says.

Being that your not african american and you call african americans niggers on a regular basis here, you have an obvious greater prejudice toward them than anyone here.

Your a prime example....like exhibit A

Olive Oil Goombah
08-02-2009, 08:00 AM
In answer to the intial question, I couldn't care less. I don't find it insulting at all.

"Devil" and "cracker" do not have the same connotations as "nigger". Which is probably why most white people that like Wutang and understand their music couldn't care less.

These insults don't affect their real life, whereas black people are genuinely affected by being called a "nigger" due to the history surrounding the term and their treatment in the USA today and in the past (this may not actually be true but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway).

Aside from this, why would I care what 9 idiots who happen to make good music, have to say about my existence?

thats the truth.

Olive Oil Goombah
08-02-2009, 08:02 AM
^White people struggle deciding whether they should dip their caviar in grey poupon or mayo.

jealous?

YungSunny
08-02-2009, 03:57 PM
You're not white you listen to wu tang.
If the country club got word of this you will be revoked of your membership.

Uncle Steezo
08-02-2009, 05:04 PM
interesting responses.
like i said, its something i wondered and wanted to get an an answer to.

hectis
08-02-2009, 05:06 PM
I think it depends on were u live too, if your a white person living in a city with lots of black people then it wont be that big of a deal, but if you are a white person living in lets say the country then u might not like it

Olive Oil Goombah
08-02-2009, 05:18 PM
You're not white you listen to wu tang.
If the country club got word of this you will be revoked of your membership.

Perfect example right here of the wide array of what being 'white' is.

I dont really think anyone can come up with a definition that everyone will agree upon.

If 'white' is rich country club 'whites', what about blacks who belong to country clubs???

Does that make them 'white'??

Segregation and what happend during reconstruction post Civil War up to the Civil Rights has done more harm to black/white relations than slavery itself.

Dr. Simon Hurt
08-02-2009, 06:09 PM
^^^that's a silly statement, everything that happened from reconstruction to civil rights is inextricably linked to slavery, so you can't really separate them and say one did more damage than the other...that's like saying fallout from a nuclear bomb is worse than the bomb blast itself...the fallout may last longer and carry it's one devastating set of effects, but it wouldn't have existed without the bomb.

Olive Oil Goombah
08-02-2009, 06:56 PM
Everything is linked to everything, do you really want to split hairs??

Furthermore Mr. PC, i never even said nor tried to seperate them in the manner you're attempting to accuse me of.

You get in the way of progress because you harp on meaningless things.

When they were slaves, they were probably treated better than when they were being hunted down and lynched during reconstruction. And better here doenst mean they were treated good. It just means better than what they were.

Had blacks been transition into society within a generation or two after the Civil War, black and white relations would be no where near as damaged as they are now.

When you fuck up a slave and tell him he is an animal, he knows he is a slave.

When you tell him he is a free man and you still treat him like a piece of shit, thats when you really start fucking with him.

When the powers that be did not help Blacks assimilate into their Freedom and segregated them even more, that did immense damage.

Dr. Simon Hurt
08-02-2009, 07:18 PM
^^^and you have the audacity to accuse someone else of being thin-skinned

lmao

Olive Oil Goombah
08-02-2009, 07:24 PM
here you go again, not getting over a harmless joke i made in some other thread while I attempt to explain myself after being question by you.

There is a direct correlation between sensitive type personalities and anarchist membership

Uncle Steezo
08-02-2009, 07:30 PM
nick you lost me for a minute when you said blacks were treated better as slaves. cuz many blacks chose death to slavery. you can treat me however when i don't have to stay and take it. a free man treated like shit is happier than a slave treated a lil less like shit.

but i see what you are trying to say.

i know u spaghetti heads sound damn near retarded when you can't use your hands to talk.

Olive Oil Goombah
08-02-2009, 07:43 PM
As slaves, they still had shelter, food, clothing...as little as it may have been, they had a place as something.

When freed, they had nothing and were expected to figure it out.

Its like beating your kid and keeping him in the basement, than one day deciding its wrong and just kicking him out and telling him to fend for himself while you sabotage his everymove.

I guess it depends on perspective. Im not really trying to say one is better. Just saying that the failure of Reconstruction set us back, well 100 years, maybe longer.

I had some cavatelli this past friday.....oh madone...

http://www.amatospizza.com/IMAGES/cavatelli.jpg

spiggity_ace
08-02-2009, 07:49 PM
im goin to say this straight up, middle class to the rich white folk piss me off, i dont like em at all, the working class is aite, i can relate wit em, but the rest man fuck those faggots, i dont trust em, all of em are predatory to me, this may sound paranoid but its just the way i am now.

Olive Oil Goombah
08-02-2009, 08:13 PM
thats a poor mans mentality more than anything.

What about it pisses you off? The fact that you don't have what they have?

Middle class people aren't rich. Most are in too much debt because they think they have enough to look like they are more wealthy than they are.

Do you hate the mentality of these people? The way they sort of look down upon you?

I wouldnt classify all of them like that, nor should they classify all working class or poor like that.
Dont let your own insecurity control you.

Because many of those people your talking about are insecure themselves and use the poor to make themselves feel better about someone elses situation. Trust me, someone above them with the same issues is doing it to them.

hectis
08-02-2009, 08:19 PM
secretly deep down all Black and White People wish they were puerto rican

Olive Oil Goombah
08-02-2009, 08:20 PM
no way man...

nobody EVER wished that.

hectis
08-02-2009, 08:24 PM
its on every little kids Christmas wish list

YungSunny
08-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Perfect example right here of the wide array of what being 'white' is.

I dont really think anyone can come up with a definition that everyone will agree upon.

If 'white' is rich country club 'whites', what about blacks who belong to country clubs???

Segregation and what happend during reconstruction post Civil War up to the Civil Rights has done more harm to black/white relations than slavery itself.

We dont need devils like you poisoning the youth. :t

IrOnMaN
08-03-2009, 12:47 PM

I kno I don't.

Blacks are no diff than whites...were all the same when it comes to this shit.

Pretty much.:yes:

IrOnMaN
08-03-2009, 01:00 PM
thats a poor mans mentality more than anything.

What about it pisses you off? The fact that you don't have what they have?

Middle class people aren't rich. Most are in too much debt because they think they have enough to look like they are more wealthy than they are.

Do you hate the mentality of these people? The way they sort of look down upon you?

I wouldnt classify all of them like that, nor should they classify all working class or poor like that.
Dont let your own insecurity control you.

Because many of those people your talking about are insecure themselves and use the poor to make themselves feel better about someone elses situation. Trust me, someone above them with the same issues is doing it to them.

I agree with what you're saying. Maybe he feels that he's being judged by middle class people. Why, simply because he doesn't have what they have. I think people in general think like that. I know I do. It's only natural.

Teh KillaBee
08-03-2009, 01:28 PM

naw, that makes them an uncle tom

jerseykidd
08-03-2009, 02:51 PM
^^ Haha

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
08-03-2009, 05:35 PM
I don't think anyone of intelligence looks at rappers, musicians, or entertainers as role models or scholars.

Rappers can say whatever they want, and who cares? If it is good music, it is good music. I don't expect any rock bands to drop any real science either.

Also, rap music, in as of itself, is more disrespectful to black people than it is to white people.

The image portrayed in rap music is one of ignorance that glorifies ciminal behavior and an objecionable lifestyle.

As has been stated in this thread, people are basically the same, but ignorant white people can be quick to deduce that all black people are like popular rappers.

The sad truth is that hip-hop is almost like a modern-day minstrel show, and any rap that deviates from the acceptable subject matter is labeled as soft and gay. By me.

Dr. Simon Hurt
08-03-2009, 05:39 PM
^^^lol

good post

Objective
08-05-2009, 12:16 PM
The way i see it, most of them black rappers that look down on white people in some of they're lyrics probably say that shit against ignorant white people that actually is fucked up. So i have to go for; 'No, i dont think they are talking about me'.

Alot of those artists have also cooperated with white people on tracks. Public Enemy and Anthrax for example, Vinnie Paz and GZA in 'The Eve of War as well. So in that case, the jokes are on them and the lyrics can not be taken seriously. Therefore i focus more on the beat in those songs and overlook the fact that they're lyrics is against white people when they have no valid point when it comes down to it.

But hell that i agree with it.