PDA

View Full Version : How soon and what way do you think our existence will end?

Inspectah_Dirk
08-01-2009, 08:36 AM
Yeah, so what do you think? Will we fuck it up ourselves by depleting our natural resources for example or do you think nature itself will end it some way?

I think it will take a while before us humans aren't around anymore, and when we do get extinguished it's probably nature's fault, like with a huge comet or something. I know mankind has flaws and problems with being greedy and have a lust for power, but i don't really see it ending with a nuclear war or whatever.

Visionz
08-01-2009, 08:42 AM
I think humans will be around for a long ass time. Earth has got about 5 billion years left tops but even then we'd figure out how to build a spaceship to really get out of here for good. We'll have some shit really fuck with us. The supervolcano lying underneath yellowstone erupts or something but we got the down jackets to deal with the subsequent climate changes that would follow. Unless its utter anihilation, we'd just adapt to whatever shit's thrown our way.

LORD NOSE
08-01-2009, 11:21 AM
we have others in other places - we won't end

HANZO
08-01-2009, 09:30 PM
humans got long to live, a comet aint really gonna destroy the human race. we got the tech to jus destroy it all in space. we have plenty alternatives for oil, at the moment none of them are worth investing massive amounts of money into.

maybe only a full blown nuclear war can do some damage, but thats doubtful cause most nuke powered nations have the tech to intercept warheads in the air.

and co-sign what Sunny said.

Ghost In The 'Lac
08-01-2009, 09:43 PM
humans got long to live

By what reckoning?

a comet aint really gonna destroy the human race.

yes it most certainly and easily can

If a comet the size of the one that hit jupiter last week (that we didnt even know about) hit earth, there probably wouldnt be any "earth" left

. we got the tech to jus destroy it all in space.

incredibly debateable, and wishful

we have plenty alternatives for oil, at the moment none of them are worth investing massive amounts of money into.

No, we currently have no viable alternative to dead plant energy (fossil fuels). We are still a very much a Type 0 civilization. We do not yet even know how to harness the energy contained within our planet (174 petawatts).

V7FVjATcqvc

You should also be reading this mans books.

diggy
08-01-2009, 09:54 PM
By what reckoning?

yes it most certainly and easily can

If a comet the size of the one that hit jupiter last week (that we didnt even know about) hit earth, there probably wouldnt be any "earth" left

incredibly debateable, and wishful

No, we currently have no viable alternative to dead plant energy (fossil fuels). We are still a very much a Type 0 civilization. We do not yet even know how to harness the energy contained within our planet (174 petawatts).

V7FVjATcqvc

You should also be reading this mans books.

I agree wit you Ghost.

Oh ya, an asteroid has earth in it's path according to some websites. I also have astrology software that shows the same thing.

It is very possible and even probable that we will be hit by one sometime very soon. Blowing one up if that is even possible would most likely just send many small pieces into earth instead of a big one.