PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers thread

Art Vandelay
07-31-2009, 02:15 PM
they had the hardest schedule in the league last year and they won the super bowl.

battle?
07-31-2009, 02:21 PM
its 2 bad arizona was the best the nfc had 2 offer last year..
3 or 4 of the afc's top teams could of beat them as well

Come Honor Face
07-31-2009, 02:40 PM
Actually, the Steelers season will start in early Sept. when they get bitch-slapped by the Titans on their own field. Hopefully the Titans will stomp on the steelers fans corny ass towels again.

Art Vandelay
07-31-2009, 03:26 PM
not to change the subject, Umbro, but did you see this study done by san diego st. university on tanning beds...

Highest density of tanning beds

1. Charleston, W. Va.
2. Pittsburgh, Penn.
3. Akron, Ohio
4. Portland, Maine
5. Columbia, S.C.

Come Honor Face
07-31-2009, 03:30 PM
^^^Interesting.

hectis
08-01-2009, 02:28 AM
week 7 vs the Vikings, should be a defensive war

Art Vandelay
08-01-2009, 02:49 AM
are you guys just going to punt to us when u get the ball and play defense, or will you have a QB by then?

hectis
08-01-2009, 02:57 AM
we will have a QB

Compulsion
08-01-2009, 06:18 AM
Ahhh Football season! If the NFC West wasn't so terrible I don't think we would make the playoffs this year, but in that division who the hell knows. I'm not all the excited about Jim Mora as the new coach. He should have taken the University of Washington job IMO.

Olive Oil Goombah
08-01-2009, 11:55 AM
I can't wait until Man-genius Man-handles the shitsburgh team.

Art Vandelay
08-18-2009, 08:16 PM
THE GOAL IS FIVE RINGS

Ben Roethlisberger is only 27. He already has two Super Bowl rings and a $100 million contract with the most storied franchise in football. How much longer does he want to stick around? Until he’s the best ever By Jeanne Marie Laskas; Photograph by Nathaniel Goldberg

http://men.style.com/images/gq/features/090109/GQfeature6h.jpg

He didn't grow up in Pittsburgh, but he looks like he did, and he acts like he did, and if there is anything Steelers fans want in their Steelers, it's authenticity. A touch of home. A pierogi kinda guy who just crawled out of J&L Steel after the night shift and needs a shot and an Iron to start his morning right. None of which is even remotely true about Ben Roethlisberger, nor does that sort of guy even exist in Pittsburgh anymore—steel is dead, and the mills are shopping malls. But that's how it was in the '70s, when the Steelers ruled the world and the fan base got solidified as a foundation for generations to come. So, Roethlisberger! A big lug of a guy with a cinder-block head who almost certainly can't dance except—holy shit!—outside the pocket. A quiet, polite, unsexy guy you can't stop naming sandwiches after. Beef, sausage, scrambled eggs, and American cheese on the North Side. Beef, bacon, barbecue sauce, ranch, Cheddar, and provolone over on Route 51. Roethlisberger fits in Pittsburgh because he does not and probably never will look like a man who makes $12 million a year. He shows up on the Internet drinking tequila in somebody's basement. He makes headlines for almost dying in a motorcycle accident and for some alleged scandalous acts in a hotel room in Lake Tahoe. Anybody really know him? Not really. Pittsburgh is an old lady who hopes her precious, awkward little boy will do the right thing. He's such a young pup. He's a machine. He performs! He wins.

Can we talk about the Super Bowl for a second?
Sure.
Okay, Santonio Holmes making that catch. You know the one I mean?
Uh, yeah.
You threw it deep into the end zone. And high. And he had three guys on him. And he somehow grabbed it and somehow got both feet down. How did you do that?
Well, it's kind of part of the job, you know?
You weren't freaking out? You weren't thinking, This is the Super Bowl and there's less than a minute left and if I don't execute this perfectly we're losers and, shit, I think I just want to go home now?
No. I'm thinking I want to win.
Do you practice, like, mind-control exercises or something?
Not that I'm aware of. I think if you look at any of the quarterbacks in the past or the guys playing the position now, they're all kind of, I don't know, kind of quote-unquote special in some sort of way.
Santonio Holmes was so good in that game. Superhuman.
Yeah, even more than that last play. That whole drive. I told him he has potential, if he's not already, to be one of the best receivers in the game. It's going to give him confidence and more of a swagger than he already has, which would be good for him.
Who would you rather throw to, Holmes or Larry Fitzgerald?
Fitzgerald might be one of the best players in the game. But I love throwing to Tone. I wouldn't trade him for anybody.
Which Super Bowl felt better?
This second one was sweet because I felt like I was a part of the win. The first one, I felt like I almost hurt us and didn't do anything to help win it. This one… I mean, growing up, any kid who wants to be a quarterback dreams of throwing the game-winning touchdown in the Super Bowl.
So what happens when you're 27 and you've already won the big one—twice? What's left? You've kind of done it all.
I haven't done it all. I want to win more than anyone else has ever won. The most a quarterback's had is four, so my goal is five.
Do you think about how you want to go out? Like, we watch Brett Favre now and think it's…time.
It's an individual thing. Only that person knows when it's time to go, you know? That's what it comes down to. But I feel great. I feel healthy, and I think the Lord has blessed me, and as long as I can physically play, I'm gonna play.
You've been banged around a lot. Any effects from all those concussions?
Not that I know of.
You don't notice any difference in the way you think or anything?
No, not at all.
Does it make you nervous when you read about all these struggling retired guys who had a lot of concussions? Some of them were Steelers—Mike Webster and Justin Strzelczyk and all those guys who had tragic endings that have been linked to concussions. Does that stuff make you nervous?
You can't afford to think about it. I think the technology and the equipment we have hopefully will help with all that stuff.
Please tell me you're wearing your helmet when you ride your motorcycle these days.
I'm sorry?
Are you wearing your helmet when you ride your motorcycle?
I'm not talking about motorcycles. I'm letting that go.
Let's talk respect. Do you ever feel like the rest of the world doesn't give the Steelers enough respect?
I don't think it's that they don't respect us. I think they respect us so much that they hate us, so it seems like they don't respect us, if that makes sense.
How is it playing for Tomlin versus Cowher?
Tomlin's younger. He's one of the guys. He's jumping and yelling and high-fiving and chest-bumping—really into it. I think that's the biggest difference. He's more a big brother than your dad.
Do you ever feel like it's time for people to stop talking Peyton Manning and Tom Brady and start talking Ben Roethlisberger?
Maybe I don't get the credit I deserve, but it doesn't bother me. Sometimes you wish. When they say I'm the seventh- or fifth-best quarterback in the league, that bothers me, but if they say I'm the third-best? I'll take that. Those two are pretty darn good quarterbacks. They're the best in the game.
The fans in Pittsburgh think you're sort of unknowable. You don't have a signature—the giant grin of Hines Ward or the Zen-master vibe of Troy Polamalu. You're quiet and removed. Are you trying to be aloof?
It's just my nature. I'm kind of a reserved person. Some people take that as me being too cocky, like I think I'm too good. No, that's just me being a quiet person. Once you get to know me, you realize I'm still the goofball big kid.
Are you shy?
No, I'm not shy. I've tried to stay out of the limelight. I'm not trying to draw attention to myself, because that's not who I am. I think that's why I stay in Pittsburgh. Because Pittsburgh fans respect that. The blue-collar thing. Like I'm not trying to be in movies. To me what's important is winning. Playing football. Winning championships. Winning.

Olive Oil Goombah
08-18-2009, 08:49 PM
Ben Roethlisburger.

Made In Ohio.

Santonio Holmes.

Schooled In Ohio.

Your welcome,

From Ohio

check two
08-18-2009, 11:33 PM
The best ever? lol

Art Vandelay
08-29-2009, 07:00 PM
the 21st most important sporting event of the year starts in a half hour: steelers preseason game #3

Lex Lugor
08-29-2009, 07:40 PM
had to poke my head in here and say
el oh el

wuswordz95
08-29-2009, 07:46 PM
the niners are 5-0 in the superbowl. eat that pittspurgh stellers.

Lex Lugor
08-29-2009, 07:52 PM
Anonymous fan Watching the Squeelers offense is offensive .....rather watch paint dry ...more action  Details7:34 pm Aug 29, 2009In the game!

Big Pussy Worthlessberger The stairway to cracktown Pittsburgh  Details7:30 pm Aug 29, 2009In the game!

Big Pussy Worthlessberger And my butt buddy Hines likes it in the hiney .  Details7:29 pm Aug 29, 2009In the game!

your all dumb as ****!!!!!!!!!!! just getten ready to watch the superbowl champs warm up for the stairway to seven!!!!!!  Details7:21 pm Aug 29, 2009Left the stadium

Big Pussy Worthlessberger another queer inbred squeeler fan confused by the facts  Details7:28 pm Aug 29, 2009In the game!

Anonymous fan  Does anyone know how much the ref's got paid to throw the last superbowl?  Details6:11 pm Aug 29, 2009Left the stadium

Art Vandelay
09-07-2009, 08:46 PM
heinz field had all 6 steeler super bowl trophies and all 9 pitt national championship trophies on display this weekend for the pitt-ysu game

http://inlinethumb42.webshots.com/43945/2206157240103320611S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb43.webshots.com/44714/2587232780103320611S600x600Q85.jpg

Olive Oil Goombah
09-07-2009, 09:02 PM
i dont remember Pitt like that. I remember them from the 72-0 BEATDOWN

baby jesus
09-08-2009, 06:13 PM
The Steelers Are Fuckin Lucky That They Didnt Have To Face The Giants In The Super Bowl Giants Beat Them @ Pitt But Plax Threw The Whole Momentum The Team Had Out The Window. Man Steelers Need To Count There Blessings Plax Finally Did Something For Them.

Olive Oil Goombah
09-08-2009, 06:16 PM
The Giants are the ones who are LUCKY and one year wonders.

Your little run is already over.

baby jesus
09-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Hahaha Get Out Of Here The Giants Are Built For The Present And The Future Besides The O-Line Most Of There Starters Are Young And The Way Resse Keeps Drafting It Will Stay That Way. Plus You Have A Reliable Starting Qb Who Proved He Can Win The Big Game Thats Half The Battle Right There What Else Could You Ask For?

Olive Oil Goombah
09-08-2009, 06:40 PM
LOL....you may have a good line, and a decent RB...even though Jacobs will break down sooner than later.....But dont come at me with this Eli Manning is reliable shit...He got lucky Tyree made a miracle catch.

Eli is one of the most inconsistent QBs in the league, and he has no recievers. You will see how much he will regress this year.
If MANNING wasn't on his back, he would never get as much cred as he does.

baby jesus
09-08-2009, 06:47 PM
Right So He Didnt Have A Huge Game In The Cold In Greenbay To Get To The Super Bowl That Not Big Time? He Didnt Drive The Giants Down The Field In The Super Bowl To Win The Game Thats Not Big Time? Yeah He Got A Huge Play From Tyree But He Showed He Can More Then Handle That Kind Of Situation. I Dont Need Gaudy Stats From My Qb's Just Wins And Intangibles They Got To Do What It Takes To Win That Indvidual Game At That Moment And Manning Does All Of That.

Wr's Well I'm Pretty Sure The Giants Won 2 Superbowls With No Name Wr's Before

Olive Oil Goombah
09-08-2009, 07:59 PM
He has had good games, and he played well that year. But like I said, he is INCONSISTENT.

He flopped last year, had a horrible game.

He will never be an elite QB, nor a hall of famer.

Mic Tyson
09-08-2009, 10:59 PM
lol at anybody thinkin the giants are gonna do shit this year or the next few for that matter

baby jesus
09-08-2009, 11:10 PM
Yeah Cause It's So Crazy To Think A Team Thats Made 5 Straight Playoff Appeareances In A Row With Virtually The Same Team Besides 1 Guys Has A Shot To Win It All.

100pr00f
09-08-2009, 11:13 PM
booooooo ........

go ravens

lol

Art Vandelay
09-09-2009, 05:01 AM
Yeah Cause It's So Crazy To Think A Team Thats Made 5 Straight Playoff Appeareances In A Row With Virtually The Same Team Besides 1 Guys Has A Shot To Win It All.

and how many starters are the steelers missing from their super bowl championship team a year ago??

the only changes are that the steelers let larry foote go because their #1 draft pick from 2 years ago lawrence timmons is ready to start at inside linebacker...william gay beat out deshea townsend for the starting corner job...the steelers cut their #1 fullback and replaced him with frank summers...RG darnell stapleton went down with an injury and is being replaced by trai essex.

that's 4 starters replaced...3 because they were better and 1 with an injury. so now tell me who has a better chance of winning the super bowl.

baby jesus
09-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Yeah The Steelers Have A Good Shot As Well And You Know Roth Can Win The Big Game Patriots Do To I'm not Sayin The Giants Are The Only Ones Who Have A Shot But They In That Discussion Unlike The Faginis Browns.

Really The Giants Also Bolstered There Front Four Which Was More Of A Reason For The Decline Down The Stretch As Anything The Front Four Tired Out But With The Additions Of Canty And Rocky Bernard And Getting Osi Back That Shouldnt Be A Problem.

Olive Oil Goombah
09-10-2009, 10:10 PM
Giants got no one to catch the ball..that is going to affect them cuz now with Ward gone, they arent as versatile in the backfield.

I dont care how you flip it.....

11th Chamber
09-10-2009, 10:12 PM
Bradshaw is going to be so solid as the #2. Ward isnt even needed

baby jesus
09-11-2009, 10:17 AM
Yeah Honestly I Wanted Bradshaw To Be The Second Option Even When Ward Was Being So Productive Last Year Pissed Like What The Fuck Put In Bradshaw Fuck Ward. I'm Actually More Excited About That Then Worried. I Am In No Way Shape Or Form Comparing Bradshaw To Barry Sanders I Know He Will Never Be Anything Like him But He Has That Same Ability To Break A Big Run At Anytime He's A Homerun Hitter.

check two
09-21-2009, 08:45 PM
fJNC3dgreaU

check two
09-28-2009, 11:56 PM
The only productive news for the Steelers next week is that Ben Roethlisberger and the whole offensive line will be guest hosts of WWE Raw. Maybe the ratings of Raw can help the Steelers get more exposure.

Olive Oil Goombah
09-29-2009, 04:41 PM
Bradshaw is going to be so solid as the #2. Ward isnt even needed

U were right about that.

And it appears Steve Smith and Manningham are adequate and then some. I'm trying to get Manningham for John Carlson right now.

Art Vandelay
11-05-2009, 11:39 PM
Ward voted NFL's dirtiest player

By Scott Brown (sbrown@tribweb.com), TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, November 5, 2009

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/photos/2009-11-04/1105stward-b.jpg

Josh McDaniels said Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward is the kind of player around whom franchises are built.
"He's one of those guys when you say tough, physical football player, his face is probably right there in the dictionary," the Denver Broncos coach said Wednesday.
Ward's peers say he's synonymous with more than just a physical brand of play, though.
A panel of 296 NFL players -- less than 18 percent of the players on active rosters -- voted Ward the dirtiest player in the league. The anonymous voting, which was conducted in September, will be printed in this week's edition of Sports Illustrated.

Ward, widely considered the best blocking wide receiver in the game, got 11 percent of the vote, nearly doubling the amount cast for Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth and Dolphins outside linebacker Joey Porter, a former Steelers player.
"I beat Joey? Wow," Ward said, with a laugh. "How can I be the dirtiest player on the field -- a little, old wideout with no speed? I don't know whether to be happy or mad about it."
Ward wore a grin as wide as a jack-o'-lantern's as he answered questions following practice yesterday, suggesting he's more amused than anything by the dubious honor.
The 12-year veteran has routinely dealt with complaints that his physical play sometimes crosses a line. And last March, the NFL enacted what's commonly known as the "Hines Ward Rule," which penalizes the kind of crack-back blocks with which Ward used to break the jaw of Bengals linebacker Keith Rivers last season.
"I'm not going to change the way I play," said the 33-year-old Ward, who's fifth in the NFL with 602 receiving yards. "If people think I'm dirty, I apologize to them now."
Several of Ward's teammates said there's no need for the four-time Pro Bowler to apologize for the way he plays the game.
"By no shape, form or fashion do I consider Hines a dirty person," outside linebacker James Harrison said. "Those must be people who can't take a little bit of a crack-back block. I don't consider it dirty."
Added free safety Ryan Clark: "Other guys are such pansies now. When I play a guy like (Ward), I vote for that guy to go to the Pro Bowl."
Ward's reputation offers something of a contrast to all of the work he does away from the field. He was a finalist for the 2008 Walter Payton Man of the Year Award, which is given annually to the player that does the most for charity.
What surprised Ward and his teammates more than his spot atop the poll for dirtiest player was Troy Polamalu's inclusion in the top 10. The soft-spoken safety is ninth with 3.3 percent of the vote.
"Our Troy? Wow," Ward said. "Troy being on that list is definitely a shocker."
Said Polamalu when asked about his supposedly dirty play, "I always do my hair before the game."

Mic Tyson
11-05-2009, 11:43 PM
^^^^thats fuckin retarded. ward aint a dirty player at all. those faggots are mad cuz ward be blowin up dudes. it part of the game

Art Vandelay
11-23-2009, 03:21 PM
roethlisberger has a concussion, charlie batch broke his wrist, now dennis dixon might have to make his first career start against the ravens in baltimore

check two
11-23-2009, 05:49 PM
^^
Is he good?

Art Vandelay
11-24-2009, 12:04 AM
in his career he is 1-1 for 3 yards.

check two
11-24-2009, 03:32 AM
BRIDGEVILLE (AP) — Police say a Pittsburgh-area man told them he kicked a puppy to death because he was upset that the animal wouldn't behave before the start of Sunday's broadcast of the Pittsburgh Steelers game.

Twenty-two-year-old William Woodson, of Bridgeville, remained jailed Monday on a charge of animal cruelty in the 13-week-old pit bull's death.

A witness told Bridgeville police they saw Woodson kicking the dog down the street shortly after 1 p.m., which is when the game began. Police say Woodson was supposed to be walking the dog and, by the time they arrived, the animal was dead.

Police say Woodson didn't like the dog and was upset that his live-in girlfriend bought it.

Art Vandelay
11-26-2009, 11:53 PM
yeah, we take her steeler football serious... i know a finger-printer at the county jail. when the steelers lose, they get so busy because guys beat their wives. especially if the steelers lose and don't cover the spread.

Art Vandelay
01-31-2011, 09:23 PM
bump. haha

Compulsion
01-31-2011, 10:32 PM
^^
Is he good?

Actually watching sporting events allows you to form an opinion on your own.

You might want to look into it.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-31-2011, 11:33 PM
how bout some raspberry filled waffled or perhaps some hulaski from kelly o's up near Mcandless.

Mic Tyson
02-05-2011, 12:19 PM
ONE MORE DAY. then this thread can become the super bowl winner appreciation thread

Dirty Knowledge
02-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Actually watching sporting events allows you to form an opinion on your own.

You might want to look into it.

ZINNNNNGGGGG!!!

We Have a Winner Here

Art Vandelay
02-06-2011, 03:52 PM
http://www.chicitysports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/brettkeiselbeard.jpg

Dirty Knowledge
02-10-2011, 05:44 PM
AHAHAHAHa

Atleast Steeler fans can still jerk off to pictures of their grizzly linemen they seemingly adore for the strangest reasons...

"COOL BEARD ON THAT DUDE, HELL YEAH MAN, HES SO MANLY AND COOL AND GRUFF. THE TOTAL PACKAGE FOR SURE I WONDER IF HE HAS ANY N00DZ"

LOL ART IS DEVESTATED.

Olive Oil Goombah
02-10-2011, 06:39 PM
still not as devastated as you over that 2002 loss.

Art Vandelay
02-18-2011, 11:47 AM
their grizzly linemen they seemingly adore for the strangest reasons...

we adore players that are good at what they do. some opposing players consider aaron smith the best DE in the league and casey hampton the best DT in the league but you wouldn't know that from their stats.

because the steelers play a 3-4, their d-lineman don't get the tackles and the sacks. the clog up the middle by forcing double teams that allow their linebackers to make the plays.

you should start watching actual games instead of just espn highlights and checking for fantasy stats online.

by the way, that grizzly lineman that we adore for the strangest reason was named to the pro bowl this year.

cutn' heads
02-18-2011, 12:49 PM
i like that dudes beard... that takes committment. i have said im gonna do that and after a month i chicken out...

check two
02-19-2011, 12:59 PM
Yeah, Compulsion is a creepy weirdo.

RynMur
02-20-2011, 05:29 PM
^^^^thats fuckin retarded. ward aint a dirty player at all. those faggots are mad cuz ward be blowin up dudes. it part of the game

say what?? if he can get away with, he'll do it.

Dirty Knowledge
02-24-2011, 10:35 AM
The Hines Ward talk has always been gay. The game is getting so soft. People calling a guy dirty because he makes HARD / CLEAN blocks and loves playing D when the ball is turned over... gotta love that shit in a player. You can point the fags and ones who never played the game cuz they usually hate on players like these, in all sports.

Dirty Knowledge
02-24-2011, 10:38 AM
you should start watching actual games instead of just espn highlights and checking for fantasy stats online.

I watched one Steelers game this year and it was versus the Dolphins. How the fuck did ya'll win that one again? ROFL.