View Full Version : Please rate my beats
08-02-2009, 05:06 PM
i think i posted 3 of these a while ago, but i went back and switched up the drums and effects. Let me know what you think.
08-03-2009, 11:37 AM
1) 1.5/5 -- That beat is a mess, I am not completely sure of what you were tying to do.
And BTW. Here is an old Flip i did with that sample.
2) 4/5 -- I got into this one a bit. You have some real dope sounds going on.
3) 3/5 -- Not feeling the drum rhythm on this. The Piano is dope. The mixing of the melody was good. Nothing really special about this beat though, nevertheless its not horrible.
4) 4/5 -- I felt the overall vibe to this one. Specially the little break. feeling the little vid game feel to it. The more it played the more I got into it. Dope beat yo.
5) 2.5/5 -- You have pretty good mixing skills, but your sequencing and drum patterns hurt ya. I give you props for playing the keys. Although good sounding, I just dint understand where you were going with this.
6) 3.5/5 -- The beat is cool for the type of beat you were going for. Not to much to say about it. Maybe you should have played a little string synth over it on some point of the beat.
Keep doing your thing man. I like that you incorporate both composing and sampling into your music. Not sure what sound you are really going for though. Some sound hip hop, but some dont.
08-03-2009, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the feedback. These are actually the only 5 beats i've made. It's kind of funny because each one represents a new step for me in fl studio. In the first one i didn't know how to sample or anything so i just kind of threw random things together. In the second one i found out how to sample. The 5th one happened when i sat down and taught myself to play the piano so its mostly me playing around with chords.
I completely agree with what you said about number 6. I've experimented with about 50 extra layers to go over it, but i feel like they kind of kill the vibe of the song. I'm still looking for the perfect sequence to throw on top.
Here's 6 with synth and piano. It has a way different feel, and i still neet to change some things around.
Also, i found that the second one syncs up with threat by jay z pretty well. I'm thinking about cutting up the verse and making it an actual remix.
I would love any feedback, and would especially appreciate more suggestions as the ones i've gotten have been good.
08-03-2009, 12:53 PM
AHhh I see. New at this. Your mixing is pretty good for a newbie. Keep working on your craft yo.
Khem The Decepticon
08-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Nice, i like beats 1 and 4.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.