PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else find pac/biggie overrated?

DrBold241
08-03-2009, 10:09 AM
I think they both are very much so overrated, but i do prefer biggie.

Uncle Steezo
08-03-2009, 10:27 AM
why?
baseless claims do nothing in the way of discussion here.
present your opinion by communicating why you feel that way.

ironmantis
08-03-2009, 10:52 AM
^^ well said, I concur.

ironmantis
08-03-2009, 10:53 AM
I think they both are very much so overrated, but i do prefer biggie.

no

the scarecrow
08-03-2009, 12:40 PM
imo pac is overreated

ALCATRAZ
08-03-2009, 12:44 PM
biggie smalls is the most overrated rapper in hip hop history, but this isn't his fault ... he is nice on the mic ... more so than 75% of the rap game period, but 2pac secured biggie's legacy in this rap shit imo ... 2pac ain't overrated for shit ... how many rappers you know that have murals in fuckin sierra leone? his connection with the masses ran deeper than rap, especially with ghetto black youth ... something most of you will never fully comprehend

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-03-2009, 12:45 PM
both ARE overrated ... at least for me

because fans/other rappers are praising them a little too much .... they were never the best lyricists, I prefer Biggie, and I still like Pac's music, but I will never say they were the best/greatest/could never be beat...

so yeah, people can be overrated only because of their fans, never by themselves...

ALCATRAZ
08-03-2009, 12:50 PM
hey wera remember when you said we should stop talking about 2pac to discuss more underrated rappers like chali2na?

remember that?

Khem The Decepticon
08-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Fuck Pac.

ALCATRAZ
08-03-2009, 01:07 PM
^yo somebody neg rep this faggit man

The Hound
08-03-2009, 01:08 PM
Another who says one is overrated but yet can't actually come up with a reason as to why either is "overrated" because neither are overrated and both shit on 99% of these backpacker's favourite MC.

* waits for some backpacker fag to drop lyricism again because some fucking abstract rapper has lines about purple butterflies and machine guns being a metaphor for armageddon. *

Just because your favourite MC is some fucking nerd living in his mother's basement isn't justification to say either of these two are overrated. Ready to Die is better than 98% of hip hop albums released and 2Pac's discography has a higer classic/great to garbage ratio than just about every other rapper.

Buzk
08-03-2009, 01:20 PM
dont get me wrong, they're both very dope mc's, but some people worship them like nobody can touch them on the mic, which you know is bullshit if you've been listening to hiphop for more more than a year.

staliondan23
08-03-2009, 01:23 PM
How are they overrated when both of them for the most part are better then any mc to proceed after their deaths? I don't see anyone giving any good reasons...

This is something to think about also, Biggie only dropped two albums while he was alive and look how much he's still relevent and influential in todays rap. The reason why that is is because he was that fucking good, period.

Poetic Wun
08-03-2009, 01:50 PM
i don't think either are. i think big is nice as shit and during their era nobody could touch em... arguably... nas and ghost maybe but i think they both solidified their place. i cant think of wack big line. while i dislike Pac's music i won't deny all he did and how much of an impact he made. sine they died it's hard to say whether they'd be on point still. i see pac making 50 cent love songs. i don't see the door being open for alot of these garbage shelf-filler rappers tho too.

i will say it seems like beefing is cornball shit anymore... the way people always say "how many time THAT mc guna make a diss record" or "look at all the other mc's he beef with" or "they only start that beef for record sales" and blah blah blah... so would pac's beefing antics still be as.... "respected" as they were then? or would it be ridiculous and annoying anymore?

that's neither here nor there tho, at the time of their passing they were on point and the thread just says OVER RATED... so i will take this beyond just music

Poetic Wun
08-03-2009, 01:51 PM
How are they overrated when both of them for the most part are better then any mc to proceed after their deaths? I don't see anyone giving any good reasons...

This is something to think about also, Biggie only dropped two albums while he was alive and look how much he's still relevent and influential in todays rap. The reason why that is is because he was that fucking good, period.
and what he said

Tony Bandana
08-03-2009, 01:56 PM
wow...there must be some serious crack floating around in your city haha

wtf.

ONGH

yeah man ...there so wack , i have to blast at fools drivin by bumpin Kick In The Door and Death Around The Corner,

lol

who in their right mind would wanna listen to them 2 wack mutherfuckers .

ive been gone too fuckin long.

damn

The Hound
08-03-2009, 02:10 PM

Quoted for the truth - backpackers need to listen up.

Tony Bandana
08-03-2009, 02:13 PM
yo there like A and A1 ..take your pic

ALCATRAZ
08-03-2009, 02:15 PM
no 2pac is light years ahead of biggie but still biggie > current rap game excluding a few

Compulsion
08-03-2009, 02:16 PM
no @ the the thread title.

Khem The Decepticon
08-03-2009, 02:18 PM
I cant see Pac surviving in Rap/Hip-hop today.

Ecuanime
08-03-2009, 03:16 PM
I liked both Biggie and Pac, but imo they were not the best. Because even when they were at their best, I was bumpin Wu more than anything...At that time, I felt like they were overrated, because I felt like Wu was better but wasn't nearly getting the same attention.

But it is what it is, both are inarguably hip hop legends...and Wu is right up there with them.

The Grandmaster
08-03-2009, 03:38 PM
no 2pac is light years ahead of biggie but still biggie > current rap game excluding a few

hey man, why r u trying to force us ur excessive fanboy opinions?

food for thought
08-03-2009, 04:00 PM
anybody who thinks this has no business being a hip hop head.

ALCATRAZ
08-03-2009, 04:22 PM
hey man, why r u trying to force us ur excessive fanboy opinions?
you should be the last one askin that question

DrBold241
08-03-2009, 04:25 PM
you motherfuckers need to get some better herb or something.
only reason i didn't elaborate is because i was at work and in the process of clocking out.

lyricism- i just don't really like pac that much. and douche who said i wouldn't understand his activism, maybe not to the fullest but i do know he wasn't a little ignorant fuck like most of the dudes out now.
i don't like pac's flow either.
biggie is hit or miss for the most part. some shit is killer, but still plenty of filler.
all and all, just not my cup of tea.

i'm not saying either are bad necessarily, but there was way more headlines about their shit than that of E's passing. and i prefer the other records of the 90s way more than any of pac's or biggie's collection. Muddy Waters, the Wu records, Black Bastards (KMD), Illmatic, Pharcyde's Deelicious record, Fantastic 1 & 2 (SV), etc.

i think they're overrated. as simplistic as the word is. i'm not talking about anything specifically except just that fact- they're overhyped, praised too much. doesn't appeal to me. certain tracks- yeah, but not the bulk.

ALCATRAZ
08-03-2009, 04:47 PM
2Pac's discography > Redman, any Wu Tang member, KMD or MF Doom, Nas, Pharcyde, and Slum Village

DrBold241
08-03-2009, 04:56 PM
one-sided fanboy much?

ALCATRAZ
08-03-2009, 05:20 PM
point out what isn't accurate about my post, and then we can build

Mic Tyson
08-03-2009, 05:28 PM

some of yall niggas need to quit sayin gay shit like this and quit making these faggot ass threads just so you can get attention. so u really think pac wouldn't survive in hip hop alongside soulja boy, flo rida, lil wayne etc.? if you really think that you got some issues. that was just a stupid ass comment my nigga.

ALCATRAZ
08-03-2009, 05:30 PM
Khem The Doucheticon been saying off the wall shit like that since he joined .... he's a nerd

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-03-2009, 06:25 PM
i cant think of wack big line.

'u looked so good, I'd suck on yo daddy's dick'

he has a few.

otherwise, I think Pac and Biggie are overhyped over the wrong things

but I guess when fanboys idolize, they get carried far away into their fantasy world [I idolized only two musicians in my life, one being ODB and the other not being a rapper, but at least I know when to stop....some don't]

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
08-03-2009, 06:36 PM
While he is not my FAVORITE RAPPER of all tme(altough he his towards the top of my list) I think Pac was, considering all criteria, the best rapper of all time.

Part of that is his ability to connect with the masses. Also, his flow, the way he used his voice as an instrument along with the beat, is unparalleled.

This is why I hate nerds.

spiggity_ace
08-03-2009, 06:36 PM
i think biggies more overrated than pac, pac is top 10 for me alll time, biggie isnt but i think its becuz im always hearing how dope these 2 are and shit, but when i listen to biggies music im like yea this guy is insane same wit pac.

zooruka
08-03-2009, 07:51 PM
yes both are so overated its not funny especially biggie ...

I dont liked both of them as rappers but there are a few songs from pac that i dont mind like.... hitem up.

peace be with you !

ALCATRAZ
08-03-2009, 07:59 PM
'u looked so good, I'd suck on yo daddy's dick'

your european is showing again

that's a richard pryor quote you fag, he was paying homage

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-04-2009, 04:17 AM
oh sorry, didn't knew that, never checked for Pryor, I always liked Murphy and Carlin more

and could you please be nicer, I don't know what the fuck is your problem

oldie
08-04-2009, 09:36 AM
dont get me wrong, they're both very dope mc's, but some people worship them like nobody can touch them on the mic, which you know is bullshit if you've been listening to hiphop for more more than a year.

This basically sums up my thoughts

'Ready To Die' is a real real nice album, one of my fav albums i own, but nothing touches 36 Chambers IMO so i cant call 'Ready To Die' "classic" i'd say 8 (maybe 9)/10

The only Pac album i own is 'Makaveli' which i aint listened to much so i cant really comment on it, i intend to buy other pac albums cos i know he got real deep with it, predicting his own death n some of the lines i heard from him are so deep you need to study them so in that respect than Pac is not over-rated

Ecuanime
08-04-2009, 12:00 PM
I would say they were overrated when they were alive, but now, I wouldn't use that word, they're just fuckin legends now. I mean, we're still listening to their music, lovin that shit, they're inspiration and we're talking about them still today.

Case closed.

Krish
08-04-2009, 01:45 PM
fuck you

Krish
08-04-2009, 01:47 PM
directed at threadstarter for askin such a stupid fukin question

11th Chamber
08-04-2009, 06:54 PM
I dont consider either overrated

both well deserving of their status among the greats

oDoUoSoKo
08-04-2009, 07:03 PM
absolutely, and i like em both, id say Biggie for flow reasons..and even lyricism... (Kick In The Door) and Pac for , well flow also...but his choice of topics were interesting...point is...not the 2 best rappers to ever do it.

kwabena1041
08-04-2009, 07:03 PM
how many rappers you know that have murals in fuckin sierra leone? his connection with the masses ran deeper than rap, especially with ghetto black youth ... something most of you will never fully comprehend

Just cause he got a mural in Africa dont mean shit to me. I dont give a fuck about no damn mural, that dont mean he was a dope rapper. I agree he had mas appeal, but that dont equal good lyrics. Pac was very predictable.

oDoUoSoKo
08-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Another who says one is overrated but yet can't actually come up with a reason as to why either is "overrated" because neither are overrated and both shit on 99% of these backpacker's favourite MC.

* waits for some backpacker fag to drop lyricism again because some fucking abstract rapper has lines about purple butterflies and machine guns being a metaphor for armageddon. *

Just because your favourite MC is some fucking nerd living in his mother's basement isn't justification to say either of these two are overrated. Ready to Die is better than 98% of hip hop albums released and 2Pac's discography has a higer classic/great to garbage ratio than just about every other rapper.

just because 2 extremely popular, slightly above average rappers die, dont fuckin make them the greatest...why r they over rated? because they ARE NOT THE BEST RAPPERS OF ALL TIME...despite popular opinion.

oDoUoSoKo
08-04-2009, 07:07 PM
:yes:

DrBold241
08-05-2009, 08:28 AM
just because 2 extremely popular, slightly above average rappers die, dont fuckin make them the greatest...why r they over rated? because they ARE NOT THE BEST RAPPERS OF ALL TIME...despite popular opinion.

co-sign, and very much so the point i tried to make.

ALCATRAZ
08-05-2009, 12:56 PM
^^drbold what the fuck are you cosigning? he said absolutely nothing of substance in that post LOL all he said was that they are not the best rappers of all time and here you go cosigning like a bitch lol

Ghost In The 'Lac
08-05-2009, 01:11 PM
They are the essence.

beautifulrock
08-05-2009, 01:13 PM
Anyone else find pac/biggie overrated?

no.

Rollo
08-05-2009, 01:25 PM
There are better rappers than both, but no, neither are overrated imo because they can be put up there, even if I don't necessarily agree.
They both had flaws, Biggie's commercial career, he dumbed down the lyrics of some songs. 2pac had a lot of over dubbing all over the place.

But reality is this, Juicy is one of the greatest songs ever made, BIG has one of the most amazing deliveries of all time and when it came to flow, he was perfect. Never off at all.

His one liners were good and his only 2 real records were classics, flawless for the most part.

And 2pac's Me against the world, 2pacalypse now, 7 day theory, were all great records.
In fact, 2pac stayed consistant, never falling off or having a wack album.

Further more, some of his concept songs are simply great. til the end of time, brendas got a baby ect.

I think if we want to talk overrated rappers, Lil Wayne, Lupe Fiasco, Kanye, Joe Budden

Start with those, then we will work our way up.

Ghost In The 'Lac
08-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Come on come on
I see no changes wake up in the morning and I ask myself
is life worth living should I blast myself?
I'm tired of bein' poor & even worse I'm black
my stomach hurts so I'm lookin' for a purse to snatch
Cops give a damn about a negro
pull the trigger kill a nigga he's a hero
Give the crack to the kids who the hell cares
one less hungry mouth on the welfare
First ship 'em dope & let 'em deal the brothers
give 'em guns step back watch 'em kill each other
It's time to fight back that's what Huey said
2 shots in the dark now Huey's dead
I got love for my brother but we can never go nowhere
unless we share with each other
We gotta start makin' changes
learn to see me as a brother instead of 2 distant strangers
and that's how it's supposed to be
How can the Devil take a brother if he's close to me?
I'd love to go back to when we played as kids
but things changed, and that's the way it is

I see no changes all I see is racist faces
misplaced hate makes disgrace to races
We under I wonder what it takes to make this
one better place, let's erase the wasted
Take the evil out the people they'll be acting right
'cause both black and white is smokin' crack tonight
and only time we chill is when we kill each other
it takes skill to be real, time to heal each other
And although it seems heaven sent
We ain't ready, to see a black President, uhh
It ain't a secret don't conceal the fact
the penitentiary's packed, and it's filled with blacks
But some things will never change
try to show another way but you stayin' in the dope game
Now tell me what's a mother to do
bein' real don't appeal to the brother in you
You gotta operate the easy way
"I made a G today" But you made it in a sleazy way
sellin' crack to the kid. " I gotta get paid,"
Well hey, well that's the way it is

>>>>>

jerseykidd
08-05-2009, 03:14 PM
"Biggie Smalls is the illist"

DrBold241
08-05-2009, 03:23 PM
^^drbold what the fuck are you cosigning? he said absolutely nothing of substance in that post LOL all he said was that they are not the best rappers of all time and here you go cosigning like a bitch lol

actually you blind dumbass he said "just because 2 extremely popular, slightly above average rappers die, dont fuckin make them the greatest"
and that's what i'm co-signing.
they werent great, but they are VERY popular. and thus- overrated.
so shut you face.

sdeblasi
08-05-2009, 03:44 PM

you are a faggot

sdeblasi
08-05-2009, 03:48 PM
neither is overrates but Pac is better than Biggie no question imo. Pac makes my top 5, Big probly makes my top 15

oDoUoSoKo
08-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Energy Turtle...can u really co sign these fuckin idiots? even if u honestly believe they arent overrated..which is fine, since u more or less make sense...can u really not see the idiocy running ape shit in here?

corky831
08-05-2009, 08:18 PM
lol no way are either of them overrated....not only were they the head figure of their respective coasts.....but the two main figures of hip hop from 94-97......supposedly the golden era of hip hop......Pac has 3 classic albums and Biggie has 2 classic albums .....they brought energy and swagger to the mic.....and could rap about ne topic.....great lyrics....great flows.......LEGENDS

Tonystarks420
08-05-2009, 09:20 PM
only backpacking faggots with nothing to talk about on this site would think they are.

your buggin if you think any of them r overated.

oDoUoSoKo
08-05-2009, 09:50 PM
lmao^^

ALCATRAZ
08-05-2009, 09:52 PM
dusk what i say bout bringin yo ass around hip hop shop

The Hound
08-05-2009, 10:18 PM

Just because you think that your opinion is from left field that goes against the grain doesn't mean that either are overrated - it's not a matter of who is the best and who isn't - again, another "argument" of no substance that anti Pac or Biggie haters use - as that can never be determined but it is a matter of giving the right amount of props and both receive their deserving recognition.

Come on come on
I see no changes wake up in the morning and I ask myself
is life worth living should I blast myself?
I'm tired of bein' poor & even worse I'm black
my stomach hurts so I'm lookin' for a purse to snatch
Cops give a damn about a negro
pull the trigger kill a nigga he's a hero
Give the crack to the kids who the hell cares
one less hungry mouth on the welfare
First ship 'em dope & let 'em deal the brothers
give 'em guns step back watch 'em kill each other
It's time to fight back that's what Huey said
2 shots in the dark now Huey's dead
I got love for my brother but we can never go nowhere
unless we share with each other
We gotta start makin' changes
learn to see me as a brother instead of 2 distant strangers
and that's how it's supposed to be
How can the Devil take a brother if he's close to me?
I'd love to go back to when we played as kids
but things changed, and that's the way it is

I see no changes all I see is racist faces
misplaced hate makes disgrace to races
We under I wonder what it takes to make this
one better place, let's erase the wasted
Take the evil out the people they'll be acting right
'cause both black and white is smokin' crack tonight
and only time we chill is when we kill each other
it takes skill to be real, time to heal each other
And although it seems heaven sent
We ain't ready, to see a black President, uhh
It ain't a secret don't conceal the fact
the penitentiary's packed, and it's filled with blacks
But some things will never change
try to show another way but you stayin' in the dope game
Now tell me what's a mother to do
bein' real don't appeal to the brother in you
You gotta operate the easy way
"I made a G today" But you made it in a sleazy way
sellin' crack to the kid. " I gotta get paid,"
Well hey, well that's the way it is

>>>>>

LOL what a dunce, half of that song is cut up from other songs.

derek41
08-05-2009, 11:11 PM
I have enjoyed both artists work, so no neither are overrated. Both released classics,, Ready to Die and Me against the world. I particularly didn't care for Life After Death or All Eyes on Me, both those albums are double albums, but probably should have been single discs due to the heavy amounts of filler. But neither are overrated.

oDoUoSoKo
08-06-2009, 02:58 PM
Just because you think that your opinion is from left field that goes against the grain doesn't mean that either are overrated

what the fuck are you talkin about? why would i think that pop tard? i explained why i think they are over rated...they dont exhibit an extraordinary amount of skill, and yet are considered the 2 best rappers of all time...it honestly sounds to me like ur just trying to go agaisnt the grain yourself...plus i clearly stated i still liked both rappers...so yet again u fail.:ouch:

king zigg zag
08-06-2009, 03:03 PM
They are both dope.

From like 1997 to 2004 they had way too many dickriders, but that's settled down. Regardless of what anyone says they still deserve there spots as great emcees in the game.

ALCATRAZ
08-07-2009, 02:32 AM
they dont exhibit an extraordinary amount of skill

lol you are a fuckin moron someone ban him from hip hop shop PLEASE

DrBold241
08-07-2009, 10:43 AM
^ bitching without an intellectual rebuttal to the subject of discusion.

keep in mind neither me nor dusk or anyone on this side of the argument is saying that pac and biggie are bad. i feel the same way about them as MCs as i do about Dre as a producer, people give em too much credit. plain and simple.
that's pretty much what the term overrated means guys, not that IT'S BAD, JUST OVERRATED. or if you'd like me to get more technical for you, how about over-praised?

and nerdy rap (not nerdcore, but indie) is considered bad? hm...... i thought intellectual rhyming and a better vocabulary than "bitch nigga pussy" was a good thing. especially when you look back to some of the dudes who started the shit like Rakim and Slick Rick.
don't get me wrong, hood shit CAN be fun. Niggaz4life is an amazing album if you ask me. generally speaking though, i appreciate musicians that have more artistic variety.

DrBold241
08-07-2009, 11:54 AM
rephrasing that a little- wutang can be on some hood shit but they also have some variety in lyrics, and i think better metaphors than most that came from pac or biggie.
that and rappers open to philosophical discussion? pretty cool if you ask me.

Guarded By Martyrs
08-07-2009, 12:17 PM
Always thought Biggie was overrated.
But never thought Tupac was.

ALCATRAZ
08-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Always thought Biggie was overrated.
But never thought Tupac was.
^best post in this thread

Reiko
08-07-2009, 12:47 PM
none of them is overrated that's the truth, just like speakonitgod said when it comes to 'Pac it's deeper than rap he fought for the ghetto, Notorious was mad nice on the mic if you like it or not he's one of the greatest. What makes me angry is that people don't want to give them the peace I mean all the albums "after death" this should end

oDoUoSoKo
08-07-2009, 03:49 PM
lol you are a fuckin moron someone ban him from hip hop shop PLEASE
out of us 2...who do u think could get the other banned quicker? u fuckin strap stain.

DRUNKENARTS
08-07-2009, 04:01 PM
to me big is overrated, jus never felt him,pac on the otherhand waznt just hip hop he is so much more,lyk the wu is more than just music,pac told storys that ppl felt part of, pac is amazing,where big is simply just another rapper, dnt start hating im simply giving my opinion