PDA

View Full Version : Slang's Question: Continuing the human race.

TSA
08-05-2009, 02:23 AM
The only question I want answered is:

Does it matter if we keep the human race alive?

Why should we?

Provide answers why or why not excluding religion. I honestly never saw any reasons. Considering its a recursive cycle of brutal violence, segregation on a global scale, gluttony, strange destinations/paths and struggle with some fun + peaceful moments thrown into the mix.

I feel as if a select few ancient civilizations almost saw the light at the end of the tunnel and the creator just snatched it away and squashed them like we do to rodents in the house.

its a very good question. everyone says the point of human life is to basically continue human life, but why?

i personally believe that there is no point to human life, a point is an end of a line, and when there a line there's no end, so once you make one spot on the line the point "the point of human life is the continue" you can always as why and that point is pointless until another point is brought up somewhere else on the line, aka you 'because.....', at that point someone can say why again endlessly cause a line is endless.

i think life is more of a circle. there's no fucking point, but at the same time it is a point, there doesn't always have to be a point to something.

there's no point in procreation. but it happens.

Visionz
08-05-2009, 02:29 AM
the whole point to any life form is the propagation of its own species. outside of that, everything is subjective for everything.

TSA
08-05-2009, 02:35 AM
but why? what purpose does procreation serve? and if that's the entire purpose of life why can we as humans do things that hinder our continued existance, ALOT.

The Hound
08-05-2009, 02:37 AM
Like it or not our entire purpose is to evolve and reproduce. The purpose of us to evolve - like all other creatures - is to preserve. If everything just died out what would there be?

TSA
08-05-2009, 02:40 AM
the rest of the universe

TSA
08-05-2009, 02:41 AM
and energy turtles.

Visionz
08-05-2009, 02:43 AM
but why? what purpose does procreation serve? and if that's the entire purpose of life why can we as humans do things that hinder our continued existance, ALOT.
to make more babies :lmao: and free will allows a lot of people to make fucked up choices. most species don't really have that option. They're driven almost purely on instinct so they never end up getting in the way of themselves.

The Hound
08-05-2009, 02:44 AM
the rest of the universe
If everything died out on planet Earth because we didn't reproduce and preserve the only thing that would be left would be water.

TSA
08-05-2009, 03:02 AM
and the rest of the universe, earth is super insignifacant in the whole scheme of things, let alone it's contents.

Visionz
08-05-2009, 03:17 AM
and the rest of the universe, earth is super insignifacant in the whole scheme of things, let alone it's contents.
in a universe with billions and billions of galaxies that's true for any singular planet, regardless of which one you're talking about. But since this is the one we all belong to it makes it pretty significant.

TSA
08-05-2009, 03:31 AM
the point of procreating has still never been explain.

prolonging the species isn't a good answer, cause its answering the question with a new word for the question.

it's pointless.

begongo
08-05-2009, 03:34 AM
excellent question, I've been asking myself for years now and I never found a reason for continuing the human race

procreation is instinctual and there's no real "point" in doing it as it ultimately leads nowhere ... this doesn't mean it's not a cool thing to do, it's just pointless

most of my life I've been surrounded by retards who have been telling me that we need to achieve progress as a race and even giving me "examples" of how we're better off now than 2000 years ago and all that bullshit, but they also say that life started from nothing and it will end with nothing ... and therefore how the fuck do you progress from point A to point B if actually those 2 points coincide?

TSA
08-05-2009, 03:41 AM
thank you! i've been saying the same shit. ppl think we've progressed cause microwaves and shit, but in the end of the day it boils down to fucking and killing from beginning of time to end, in new outfits.

all 'progress' is is ppl striving to eliminate our needs and wants as humans but we haven't eliminated a single one, and the most progress we have the more we convince to add more needs and more wants.

i guess it's possible to believe in progress if you believe there is a point to life, cause by reaching or aiming for that point you are making progress, but once you realize you get born, then you die then shit goes on you see there's no point or progress.

you can say we live longer for instance, if that's a point, but why do you wanna live longer? cause you're afraid of death? you're gonna die anyways? why not just die whenever as opposed to living to be 75, forgetting everything that happened in your life, shitting blood, pissing kidney stones, breaking bones eating through a tube and shitting all over yourself in the name of added a few more years to life even though you'll spend those years inside watching mash.

TSA
08-05-2009, 03:54 AM
dude visions, get out of this thread, don't you believe in reptilians and shit lol. get out

The Hound
08-05-2009, 03:57 AM
lol Microwaves, we weren't meant to have microwaves and too many people think because we have internet and plasma TV's we're better off now than ever when we weren't meant to have these things in the first place.

The Hound
08-05-2009, 03:58 AM

Our existance on Earth has nothing to do with the rest of the universe.

Huggasaurus Sex
08-05-2009, 04:00 AM
some people conflate the reasons for why they exist (sexual reproduction, evolution, etc) with why they should exist.

the idea that the human race is in danger of extinction because homosexuality threatens to subvert procreation is blatantly ridiculous. if anything, the existential threat resulting from overpopulation -- via the escalating competition for ever scarcer resources and the development of more destructive weapons -- should be a more serious concern for those who care chiefly about the survival of the human race.

Visionz
08-05-2009, 05:36 AM
some people conflate the reasons for why they exist (sexual reproduction, evolution, etc) with why they should exist.

the idea that the human race is in danger of extinction because homosexuality threatens to subvert procreation is blatantly ridiculous. if anything, the existential threat resulting from overpopulation -- via the escalating competition for ever scarcer resources and the development of more destructive weapons -- should be a more serious concern for those who care chiefly about the survival of the human race.
word. There will still be plenty of straight people fuckin and there's much bigger issues to be dealing with.........like developing lasers that will penetrate the armor of our reptilians master so that we may overthrow them once and for all :lmao: j/p....there's this thing that because I'm a mod of KTL somehow I support every crazy ass idea that ever got expressed there...smh

back on topic though, yes...there's this global movement to raise the standard of living worldwide. Sitting in my air-conditioned house when its been over a 100 for a month straight I realize why people on a global scale hope for that but its a fact that the world as it stands doesn't have the resources to support an american standard of living globally.

We need to figure out solar power I think more than any other energy source. Cities need smarter growth and we also need to recognize that sometimes we should just leave shit absolutely alone. Once the asphalt gets put down anywhere it marks a spot where a human will probably never see a tree again.

People talk about the "purpose" though and the reality is that everyone is left to find there own purpose in life, especially in this modern age where the roles that men and women have been playing for thousands of years is ,to a point, growing absolete. Schools don't (in my own experience) do much for helping you either find that purpose or preparing for the real world once you get past your high school years. Which is yet another institution that needs a huge overhaul.

J-Cee
08-05-2009, 06:11 AM
if no one can see you do you exist?

NIGHT MAYOR
08-05-2009, 07:24 AM
gen chat is full of stupid threads lately, gay chat, why should we root, is that person in the picture REALY lacey.

why continue breeding ? because to keep at the top of the food chain, which us humans have dominated since we ate red meat, we need offspring to continue the reign of terror.

shut the fuck up and stop making excuses to why your not getting sex/not getting sex with the best canidate for your seed.

tza's threads have been weaker than stereo clock speakers lately, we should never have banned him, you dont realize what you have till you loose it, and that banning we realy lost a average poster:

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80923

Uncle Steezo
08-05-2009, 12:56 PM
the purpose of life is EXPERIENCE.
you exist to experience things.
we reproduce in order to share genetic material. experience.

the fact that people "waste" or "misuse" their lives is irrelevant to the question "should we reproduce". if we, as a species, have the potential to change/adapt/improve that is reason enough.

there are more than enough resources and land to support many times the number of people that live on earth now.

i read that the worlds pop could live in austrailia comfortably if land was divided equally. if we used solar wind and wave power, energy would be infinite.
an array of wave/tidal power planys could power the UK forever.

we dwell on over population and energy crises because we are conditioned to think that way.

snapple
08-05-2009, 01:56 PM
silly..at least i think so.....

how can a man honestly say before he dies he doesn't want a seed to carry on the name?

some people, beleive it or not, actually want to have a family. it's a human desire to some.

other people just like to stick their dick in raw pussy....and then "shit happens"

Uncle Steezo
08-05-2009, 02:03 PM
its an age thing, like when you 1st realize that ur parents don't have all the answers.
then you get older and realize they were right all along.
give some of these people time to live life and experience things.

its all cyclical, like tSa said.

Mumm Ra
08-05-2009, 02:58 PM
yeah I was gonna say experience as well before I saw jimmy cracked corn mention it

peace

Uncle Steezo
08-05-2009, 04:11 PM
i keeps it crack-a-lackin

Olive Oil Goombah
08-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Why are stars continually born while others die out?

Its the law of existence

Dokuro
08-05-2009, 08:40 PM
sorry man i dont belive there is a rason thats why im respsible for evementalest and prias china for the job there doing

http://www.foxnews.com/video2/video08.html?maven_referralObject=7835550&maven_referralPlaylistId=&sRevUrl=http://www.foxnews.com/redeye/

hahahahahahaahah i like fox news

Olive Oil Goombah
08-05-2009, 08:43 PM
english please...fucking english

Uncle Steezo
08-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Why are stars continually born while others die out?

Its the law of existence

dead stars actually contribute to the birth of new ones.

Cee Oh Vee
08-05-2009, 09:42 PM
This is humorous.

Those who believe in God and the Last Day don't 'spend years trying to figure this out', nor do they consider it a 'good question'.

You find out the answer, accept it if you're able to handle it, and then get to work.

Or you 'spend years' trying to convince yourself the answer isn't true.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
08-06-2009, 10:13 PM
Like it or not our entire purpose is to evolve and reproduce. The purpose of us to evolve - like all other creatures - is to preserve. If everything just died out what would there be?

if the human race ceased to exist, i believe the world would be a better place for the rest of the living on this planet. all other creatures manage to live quite peacefully and harmoniously with everything else, it's humans that cause destruction to the land. i doubt humans will be missed.

true. i just wanted to add that gays do procreate, and a lot of them do it the traditional way too. plenty of gays have babies, either before they decided they were gay or when they try being straight for a while.