PDA

View Full Version : inglorious basterds

drippie k
08-08-2009, 12:41 AM
anyone else looking forward to seeing this? i get mad hyped whenever the trailer comes on tv, its looks fucking sick. brad pitt may be a needle-dicked douchebag but that fucker can act and has made some pretty good movies.

also, did you know that adam sandler was gonna co-star as one of the main soldiers? but dude turned it down to be in funny people...woulda been crazy seeing adam sandler as a nazi-killing soldier in a tarantino movie

Tage
08-08-2009, 08:42 AM
^that would have been shit. sandler should stick to funny people and happy madison productions with rob sneider.

p-rok73
08-08-2009, 11:01 AM
I might check it out, sounds interesting along with District 9. And maybe GI Joe, LOL.

drippie k
08-08-2009, 07:32 PM
yeah district 9 looks like another good movie but GI Joe looks like its gonna be on the grounds of dragonball evolution...its got the title...some of the characters but will have absolutely nothing to do with what it was based on

Lex Lugor
08-08-2009, 09:50 PM
haha i woulda love it
better tahn sandler in this this apatow shit

im a to the death tarantino fan tho
of course im seeing it
one of the few movies this year i will watch in theatre

djskillz
08-12-2009, 12:09 AM
I can't believe it's so close to coming out. I've been hearing about this forever.

DirtMcgehrk
08-12-2009, 12:41 AM
The early reviews I've heard are the typical Tarantino stuff. Either ppl that want a movie that's going to win awards think it's too violent and tasteless, or the ppl that actually want to be entertained when they go to the movies think it's just the most awesome, stylish, funny, completely over the top movie they've seen in a while. I personally have a feeling it's going to be one of my favorites of the year. He makes movies the way he wants to make them, and he does it incredibly well. IMO the sign of a good movie is when critics are split in half about it, and so far that's turning out to be the case.

DRUNKENARTS
08-12-2009, 10:43 AM
been waiting for this for a long time ill defo be going to c it

Sean
08-16-2009, 06:42 PM
Saw this tonight, it was pretty insane. I don't even know where to start, but i really enjoyed it. I dunno how to describe it but it's just got that really "cool" feeling that Tarrantino films have lol - in the dialogue, in the violence, everything.

Brad Pitt is awesome in it as well

whitey
08-16-2009, 09:13 PM
^good shit.

def want to see it.

anything with the QT stamp on it gets me looking forward to it.

Eradicate
08-21-2009, 12:28 PM
saw it last night.. entertaining.. expect to laugh

brad pitt is a g in this film, they even throw mike myers in their for a scene.

i think this film would be better watching the 2nd time around.

but definetly a badass film.

oDoUoSoKo
08-21-2009, 05:05 PM
i agree about the 2nd time shit, and i will just flatout say that i fuckin loved this movie. straight up. also, the guy who played Hans...has great acting chops.

HANZO
08-21-2009, 08:09 PM
jus came back from watching it, was a good flick. cant say i got into it properly cause i was tired and the movie was damn long. Hans the Jew Hunter was dope.

Razorsharp
08-21-2009, 09:11 PM
yeah, dope movie saw last night at midnight... started off a bit slow, but picked up

LMAO at the italian dialect part... HAHHAHA

and tarentino cant knock his foot fetish can he? haha

oDoUoSoKo
08-21-2009, 09:35 PM
eloels^^

Storm
08-22-2009, 01:05 PM
One of the best films of the year in my opinion. Loved just about everything about it.

djskillz
08-22-2009, 01:28 PM
I'm so pissed off I didn't go last night. I screwed myself over and made too many plans lol.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-23-2009, 07:04 AM
great movie, saw it last night

did anybody else heard Tarantino's voice in the end of the movie saying: This is my masterpiece....DOPEEEE

Seanuz
08-23-2009, 07:32 AM
saw it about 2 or 3 weeks ago at a film festival. everyone there seemed to like it.
thought the soundtrack was crazy dope, especially all that ennio morricone stuff.
if y'all know the circle of tyrants, their song 'the 4 horsemen' samples one of morricones songs used in the film.
but yeah loved the film and i actually enjoyed pitt's performance better than waltzs.
cant wait to see it again

RynMur
08-23-2009, 12:42 PM
Anyone catch Samuel L Jackson's one minute narration ha. Anyways, this is a brillant film. Best movie I've seen this year. So many memorable scenes, but I don't want to ruin it for some of you.

whitey
08-23-2009, 04:13 PM
i saw this. doope. ending was ill.

this and district 9 are tops of the year for me.

portis24
08-24-2009, 07:13 AM
repeating what everybody else is saying great movie and it was tops at the box office

stashlova
08-24-2009, 08:15 AM
Very very dope flick. That Louisville slugger scene was the greatest. "Closest thing we got to the movies" lol

oDoUoSoKo
08-24-2009, 09:15 AM
great movie, saw it last night

did anybody else heard Tarantino's voice in the end of the movie saying: This is my masterpiece....DOPEEEE
i didnt actually hear his voice but when Apache said it, then the credits started with "Written and directed by.." i was like...that was quentin's way of saying that about this movie. dope indeed.

tekunique
08-24-2009, 03:42 PM
diane kruger has nice feet

pneumatic
08-24-2009, 03:51 PM

You know there had to be a foot scene... QT has a fetish

Saw it Saturday and loved it. I think this has became my favorite QT film.

Rame
08-24-2009, 03:52 PM
It'll be in cinemas this thursday.

I'm looking forward to it.

tekunique
08-24-2009, 05:00 PM
You know there had to be a foot scene... QT has a fetish

Saw it Saturday and loved it. I think this has became my favorite QT film.
the opening scene & the basement tavern scene were absolutely brilliant. brad pitt even came off proper under the direction of QT. not to mention the sick score the film had. really put that QT signature to the WWII genre and even pulled off the multi language dialog [german, french & english] seemlessly.

big bear jew FTW ! lol..

Lex Lugor
08-24-2009, 05:02 PM
god i love her cant wait to see them nice feet

oDoUoSoKo
08-24-2009, 06:35 PM
agreed about the opening scene and the tavern scene...you know QT's dialogue is the shiieet..eloels...particularly in this movie.

baby jesus
08-25-2009, 11:29 AM
The Movie Was Good A Little Long And Boring At Times. I Really Could Of Did Without The Chick Movie Theatre Owner German War Hero Storyline It Did Nothing For Me. Should Have Had More Of The Basterds.

Buzk
08-28-2009, 07:20 PM
just saw it 2 hours ago, brilliant movie! tarantino and brad cant go wrong.
I almost fell out my seat laughing during the scene when they were trying to speak italian.
the basement scene where they were sitting next to the nazi officer was one of the highlights for me, that stiglitz dude wanted to kill him so bad lol

oDoUoSoKo
08-28-2009, 07:27 PM
saw it again today...i was so hungry during the strudel scene...LMAO

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-29-2009, 07:49 AM
umm, I love Strudel, my mom usually does the version with apples in it, great stuff

oDoUoSoKo
08-29-2009, 12:23 PM
he made that shit look so tastey..eloels.

Visionz
08-31-2009, 12:00 AM
saw it today, awesome. QT always nails the soundtrack. I hear he hears the music for a scene before he actually writes it which would explain a lot. Many a lol moment. great all around

He hit the bingo :lmao:

Art Vandelay
08-31-2009, 01:31 AM
umm, I love Strudel, my mom usually does the version with apples in it, great stuff

i'd love to eat your mom's strudel

Lex Lugor
08-31-2009, 01:33 AM
lol

oDoUoSoKo
08-31-2009, 08:48 AM
eloels.

Bosn
09-05-2009, 09:49 PM
The tension created by the dialogue in this film was brilliantly crafted. I was gripped every time Landa said anything. For me though, this was all that separated this movie from being good, and being not so good. The violence depicted was some of the most gratuitous violence I have seen in a while (outside of zombie flicks haha). I honestly thought the stylized violence in Kill Bill was more tasteful. While it's hard to say that the brutality of the violence wasn't justified, considering the inhumane nature of the holocaust, somehow it was. Some people might argue that the excessive brutality was a huge part of the political message being sent, however the atrocities committed had me sympathizing with the Germans, which may or may not have been part of Tarantino's aim with the film. Regardless, I walked out of the theatre asking myself why so much violence was necessary, which takes away from the great characters and fairly interesting plot of the film.

The music selection was a bizarre arrangement, that sounded kind of like he simply applied the Kill Bill soundtrack to this movie. It fit well in some parts, but overall it didn't fit nearly as well as it did on Kill Bill.

Overall I give it a 8 out of 10 for the great characters.

oDoUoSoKo
09-05-2009, 10:12 PM
hes was going for a specific type of film, a spaghetti western set in ww2...so thats why it looked and felt the way it did regarding the violence...and also, he just loves exploitation...u gotta take it in like a zombie exploitation flick, and let the rest raise it above that.

Dr. Simon Hurt
09-05-2009, 10:18 PM
^^^I enjoyed the film and Landa's probably one of the best character's that's come from Tarantino imo...but to me the exploitation tone sits uncomfortably with the backdrop of actual historical events...it's just weird and kind of tasteless to treat ww2 as a simply film genre and then do a pastiche of it lol but the staging of the action, the performances and the characterization were all well done.

as far as the soundtrack/musical arrangement...i'd say it's the weakest in his filmography to date...but that's probably because he stepped out his comfort zone of mostly 60s-70s soul and funk music, obscure/weird pop music and morricone or morricone-esque instrumentals

oDoUoSoKo
09-05-2009, 10:28 PM
its clear that its like an Earth-2 version of ww2..eloels, so that kinda helps...and its directly influenced by exploitation war films...tho i see what u mean...since i felt the way u did until the end where Hitler....well, u kno...eloels...then i was like, AH i see. well done.

Dr. Simon Hurt
09-05-2009, 10:31 PM
^^^oh very true lol
this is one of the rare films where like the last 15-20 minutes or so actually raises the bar rather than fizzles out predictably
i also felt that in this...and to an extent the kill bill movies as well, he didn't have the greatest handle on the pacing...it felt somewhat uneven whereas reservoir dogs, pulp fiction...even jackie brown and the grindhouse flick showed an absolute control over the pacing.
the highest compliment i can give it as that i definitely want to watch it again

DR. NICK RIVIERA
09-09-2009, 09:44 AM

hahahhaahhaha good one

theheavens
11-21-2009, 01:01 AM
even with 20 mins of action and 2 hours of dialogue, this film was great. tarantino's best. can't wait to get it on dvd.

by the way, tarantino thought about making a slavery movie in which the slaves take revenge on their masters. true story

UNCLE RUCKUS
01-08-2010, 08:51 PM
dope fucking movie!!

KaramelSundae
04-10-2010, 03:46 PM
finally saw this movie and loved it!

eli roth is funny in it as the bear jew...

gonna buy it on blu ray :thumbup:

Mcthuggin99
04-10-2010, 04:07 PM
finally saw this movie and loved it!

eli roth is funny in it as the bear jew...

gonna buy it on blu ray :thumbup:
i highly recommend it. i got it a few months ago for 17 dollars at Target, im not sure how much it costs now

i saw a interview with QT saying he wants to make a Kill Bill 3

KaramelSundae
04-11-2010, 06:29 PM
i missed out during oscar week cuz all the nominated movies were on sale...now basterds in blu ray costs $30.

ima wait though.

i heard about kill bill 3 he wants to release it awhile from now when the little girls get older so they can fight each other...well vivica's daughter

Dr. Simon Hurt
04-11-2010, 06:32 PM
he shot footage with vivica's daughter for kill bill 3 back when he filmed kill bill 1, so he definitely has a plan. also, basterds was written before the kill bills and was going to have sandler in it, so tarantino just takes a long time to do shit...typical stoner lol

KaramelSundae
04-11-2010, 06:38 PM
sandler?

thank god he wasnt in it

the casting was great for this movie

Mcthuggin99
04-11-2010, 06:47 PM
yeah adam sandler was supposed to be the Bear Jew but he couldnt be in it because he was filming Funny People

KaramelSundae
04-11-2010, 06:50 PM
can't picture it

eli roth did a great job imo

Dr. Simon Hurt
04-11-2010, 06:58 PM
probably because he didn't have that many lines...or were you just checking him out lol

roth is pretty much garbage as an actor but he was alright here.

it's all about hans landa, baby.

KaramelSundae
04-11-2010, 07:14 PM
lol no iono why

yah hans landa was the star of the movie imo
quentin said there wasnt gonna be a movie until christoph waltz came along

lol @ brad pitt speaking I-talian

Mcthuggin99
04-11-2010, 07:15 PM
probably because he didn't have that many lines...or were you just checking him out lol

roth is pretty much garbage as an actor but he was alright here.

it's all about hans landa, baby.
yeah there's a reason he won the oscar