PDA

View Full Version : Wolverine sequel

KZA
08-10-2009, 11:34 PM
It was a give-and-take sort of night for "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" star Hugh Jackman, with the Australian actor accepting a Teen Choice Award for his portrayal of the claw-wielding comic book hero, then offering fans some details about the planned sequel for the film.

"I've been putting on the claws for about 10 years now, so it goes to show if you practice hard enough you eventually get it right," Jackman said while accepting the award for Choice Movie Actor: Action Adventure.

Holding up the surfboard that served as this year's trophy, Jackman alluded to the story that will bring him back as the Marvel Comics hero. "Who knows? Maybe Wolverine will use one of these when he heads to Japan," he told the audience. "See you next time around!"

Officially confirmed in May, the sequel to "Wolverine" has long been rumored to send the title character off to Japan for a story line pulled from his comic book adventures. As far back as November, Jackman told MTV News about his desire to bring this chapter of the character's comic book history into the live-action world. He later said he'd talked to writers about adapting the early 1980s comics co-scripted by "Sin City" creator Frank Miller that had Wolverine fighting samurais and ninjas — while also settling down with a Japanese bride.

"The 'going to Japan' was pretty serious, the 'using the surfboard' was not," Jackman laughed when we snagged him backstage to ask about his acceptance speech.

"Japan is where we're heading, [and] we're starting to work on it now," he explained. "We're in ... the first steps of developing that story."

While fans will probably be glad to hear Wolverine won't be hopping on a surfboard in the sequel, Jackman said he's "made no real secret" of his fondness for the Japanese story line from Miller and veteran "X-Men" comics scribe Chris Claremont.

"I think the fans love that saga. It's my favorite saga of the Wolverine stories," he said. "That's a movie I've longed to make from the beginning, so that's where we're heading."

Poetic Wun
08-10-2009, 11:42 PM
last flick killed all m anticipation for any new x-flicks....

no but im guna watch it.

Dr. Simon Hurt
08-11-2009, 09:41 AM
adapting the claremont/miller mini series could work.
could work.
if they don't add a bunch of unnecessary characters and subplots.

TAURO
08-11-2009, 11:09 AM
Im optimistic about this sequel but to be honest I think this entire franchise needs a reboot.

Poetic Wun
08-11-2009, 12:09 PM
word up, they need to get some new cats on the whole comic book flick area of hollywood. this especially. daredevil could use a reboot as well.

Dr. Simon Hurt
08-11-2009, 12:16 PM
^^^indeed, but i think unfortunately the ship has sailed on daredevil, since he's not hugely popular he probably had only one shot, at least for the foreseeable future

plus marvel seems to just care about the avengers right now

fantastic four needs a reboot also...or actually, fuck a reboot for all of these, just make new films and just recap the origin during the credits sequence, since even the most casual person knows the origins of these characters, why waste a whole film showing it?

i think x-men is being rebooted as 'first class', although i'm sure they aren't going to use the original 5 due to a lack of gender and ethnic diversity. at least i wouldn't.

Uncle Steezo
08-11-2009, 12:22 PM
the x series got so fucked up, it hurt me as a collector and fan.

Dr. Simon Hurt
08-11-2009, 12:37 PM
^^^imagine being a superman fan lol

the comics are just as bad right now if not worse

Poetic Wun
08-11-2009, 12:52 PM
lol ^ last superman title I thought was ill was that For Tomorrow or something like that with jim lee

first class would be ill tho... just make hank black or something. i think thatd work. and cut the love stories at least for one of the damn movies

oDoUoSoKo
08-11-2009, 08:57 PM
hate superman..but i loved lois and clark...eloels, and the first few seasons of smallville.

harm77
08-11-2009, 09:09 PM
fox is a cancer to any superhero movie it touches. you see you have marvel's version of superheros and you have fox's versions which in turn are just pathetic.

Dr. Simon Hurt
08-13-2009, 04:10 PM
The Hollywood Reporter (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i367bfce562b7ee622d717b16de3c0ee3) has confirmed that Christopher McQuarrie is to write the sequel to “X-Men Origins: Wolverine (http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=22538#),” and that the storyline will be based on the classic “Wolverine” graphic novel by Chris Claremont and Frank Miller. Hugh Jackman will of course return to star in the feature, which is set in Japan, as teased by one of the post-credits endings of “Origins.”

McQuarrie, who won an Academy Award for his screenplay for Byan Singer’s “The Usual Suspects,” also collaborated with Singer on Jackman’s first Wolverine film, “X-Men,” for which the writer declined a screen credit.

According to THR, Jackman and McQuarrie met to discuss the film and were inspired by the themes made accessible by the Claremont & Miller story.

snapple
08-14-2009, 09:32 AM
they were all still entertaining. i'll check for it reguardless.