PDA

View Full Version : MF Grimm at Comic Con

abanks47
08-11-2009, 01:37 AM
I've had this story for a while, but most of the cats I know don't give a fuck, thought I'd let yall know.

I went down to comic-con not realizing that MF Grimm wrote a comic and was not really expecting to see him. For some strange reason I brought my copy of Sentences with me to read on the plane, and for some reason I brought it to the convention center as well. I couldn't get in the first day and was kicking it on the stairs when I see a group of cats and one of them dudes was in a wheel chair. I paid no mind at first but then it clicked that I was at a fucking comic convention and dude wrote a damn comic. So I go down there but dude bounced by the time I got there. I asked the driver and dude told me it was Grimm. Eventually I made it in there and I'm searching for this cat. After like 15 minutes I get through this crowd and this cat is in the center just passing out flyers for Tyrese, mu'fuckers oblivious to who they're ignoring. I point at em and yell "Grimm", he just looks up and was hella cool. Shook hands, and I was chopping it up with him for a minute when I start mentioning his book and my favorite tracks. This cat comes out with a CD-R, a fucking burnt copy of some shit that aint even out yet. Cat autographed it and everything. This cat gave me his number, not sure why but I thought that was pretty cool too. Shit was sick as fuck, being able to meet one of my favorite emcees of all time.

Just wanted to share that wit some cats who love hip hop.

J-Cee
08-11-2009, 02:14 AM
nice1..never met the dude but his music is dope as fuck and he seems to be a mad chilled dude

spiggity_ace
08-11-2009, 03:40 AM
thats dope, everytime i hear shit about grimm its always about him not being a great lyricist, iuno wut mc they listen to but grimm spits flames, "igot a long sharp knife thatll stab u in the after life" , " i represent these murderers and felony offenders, wholl even buck time out to get these legal tenders", not sure bout that last line word for word, but the bottom line is grimm is dope, wuts his best solo i only got some lose tracks from him, earth is real dope, and tick tick i really like.

narc
08-11-2009, 05:39 AM
i point at em and yell "grimm"

lol

abanks47
08-11-2009, 06:33 AM
He's got a shit load of tracks, a few of the greats to me are Scars & Memories, Together, American Hunger (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) and Lift Me Up.

J-Cee
08-11-2009, 06:39 AM
yeh cop scars and memories,and american hunger is a masterpiece to me..

crds
08-11-2009, 07:01 AM
I've had this story for a while, but most of the cats I know don't give a fuck, thought I'd let yall know.

I went down to comic-con not realizing that MF Grimm wrote a comic and was not really expecting to see him. For some strange reason I brought my copy of Sentences with me to read on the plane, and for some reason I brought it to the convention center as well. I couldn't get in the first day and was kicking it on the stairs when I see a group of cats and one of them dudes was in a wheel chair. I paid no mind at first but then it clicked that I was at a fucking comic convention and dude wrote a damn comic. So I go down there but dude bounced by the time I got there. I asked the driver and dude told me it was Grimm. Eventually I made it in there and I'm searching for this cat. After like 15 minutes I get through this crowd and this cat is in the center just passing out flyers for Tyrese, mu'fuckers oblivious to who they're ignoring. I point at em and yell "Grimm", he just looks up and was hella cool. Shook hands, and I was chopping it up with him for a minute when I start mentioning his book and my favorite tracks. This cat comes out with a CD-R, a fucking burnt copy of some shit that aint even out yet. Cat autographed it and everything. This cat gave me his number, not sure why but I thought that was pretty cool too. Shit was sick as fuck, being able to meet one of my favorite emcees of all time.

Just wanted to share that wit some cats who love hip hop.

Thanks for sharing abanks47, Grimm is dope and my favourite joint of his is "In The End" I am not surprised that Grimm was a cool cat, I have read some good things about him and it's obvious he appreciated you, props b.

GhettoGnom
08-11-2009, 09:23 AM
Hunt For The Gingerbread Man is a personal classic, and I have the utmost respect for this dude.

Fuck anyone badmouthing Grimm
'I'm Dr. Death, motherfucker, ever heard of me?
Close your eyes, cross your fingers, time for surgery
I'm already dead, so nah, you can't murder me
'cus quantities of entities enter me evilly'

Dr. Simon Hurt
08-11-2009, 09:30 AM
http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/files/2009/07/photo1.jpg

TRONIX
08-11-2009, 09:46 AM
This cat comes out with a CD-R, a fucking burnt copy of some shit that aint even out yet. Cat autographed it and everything.

Ant chance you can up that cd-r?

djskillz
08-11-2009, 09:50 AM
Ah man. That's awesome. Grimm sounds pretty laid back and down to earth.

narc
08-11-2009, 09:53 AM
Grimm is sick, but whats with the corp and bugging out when you see celebs? :P

Tage
08-11-2009, 09:59 AM
Any chance you can up that cd-r?

^^^^

abanks47
08-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Yo Ill put that shit up, a few tracks are just samples from movies but there are about 5, 6 songs on it.

p-rok73
08-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Cool story, and yes he's underrated in many respects... supposedly he was also a ghost writer on Dr. Dre's The Chronic album.

ALCATRAZ
08-11-2009, 05:12 PM
but whats with the corp and bugging out when you see celebs? :P

shut up nerd

Dr. Simon Hurt
08-11-2009, 05:14 PM
p-rok he was a ghostwriter on the chronic
he talks about it a little in the sentences graphic novel

narc
08-11-2009, 06:06 PM
shut up nerd

^ has trouble spunking unless its to a beastiality flick you sick fuck

ALCATRAZ
08-11-2009, 06:26 PM
^listens to grime and enjoys it

narc
08-11-2009, 06:50 PM
^cries when he sees titanic

oDoUoSoKo
08-11-2009, 08:49 PM
http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/files/2009/07/photo1.jpg
...well fuck him..eloels, nah props.

theDZA
08-12-2009, 05:58 AM
yeh cop scars and memories,and american hunger is a masterpiece to me..

co-sign

i think mf grimm is so ill, i was gonna post the lyrics to street general...he kills that song, but i couldn't find em'

american hunger has got some classinc songs: Traveling, Street General, Simple Rhyme, Book Of Daniel, Playground, Master Builders, Government Of Deception and Teacher (which sounds like a wu song to me)

the scarecrow
08-12-2009, 12:07 PM
great story mf grimm is one of the greatest

SilvaFistz
08-12-2009, 04:46 PM
thats pretty cool grimm is one of my favorite mcs also

spiggity_ace
08-13-2009, 06:37 PM
anyone no wut happend with that collabo he sed he was guaranteed to be working on with gza? i really wanna hear that hopefully it happens.

Khem The Decepticon
08-13-2009, 10:02 PM
Can i get grimms number?

abanks47
08-13-2009, 10:35 PM
I would respect him enough to not put it out there, but it's a Southern Cali area code.

Khem The Decepticon
08-13-2009, 10:40 PM
^^Oh thanks so im gonna try every possible combination and try and find it.

INF
08-13-2009, 10:42 PM
he moved from ny to cali? I had his numbers way back and the was ny numbers.Grimm is a cool cat.

Khem The Decepticon
08-13-2009, 10:47 PM
How does everyone get his number?

ALCATRAZ
08-13-2009, 10:52 PM
Can i get grimms number?
faggit

INF
08-13-2009, 10:53 PM
All you gotta do is just talk to him. I hit him up on myspace and he hit me back with his numbers and said to call him. First time I called he answered "day by day entertainment".

just get at him and he'll leave you a way to contact him

Khem The Decepticon
08-13-2009, 10:56 PM
Ill do just that, it seems hes kinda desperate.

abanks47
08-13-2009, 11:53 PM
i don't think he's desperate, just a level headed cat. Too many emcees try to put themselves above people like us. he simply doesn't.

Kingkazim
08-14-2009, 10:27 AM
He sounds like a laid back dude
and his music is classic, hes in my top 5 emcees list. scars and memories is my personal fave

hansei
08-14-2009, 11:34 AM
Grimm is cool man. It must've been rad meeting him!

Khem The Decepticon
08-14-2009, 01:20 PM
^^ Rad???

Kingkazim
08-15-2009, 05:25 AM
radiation?

abanks47
08-27-2009, 03:43 PM
Whatsup yall, so an update, I actually e-mailed MF grimm, just thanking him and asking him if he knew where I could hear "Digital Tears: e-mail from purgatory" (album that no one seems to have nor can find). He responded pretty damn fast asking for an address and will be sending it out, saying that if anyone else wanted it to hook it up. If any of yall are interested let me know. He also sent me a track from the mixtape he gave me (see below). If any of yall care that shit dropped a few days ago, free download off his website.

Q1-7uXSxIsU
Track from "Story"