PDA

View Full Version : Is Detroit Really This Bad?

Dirty Knowledge
08-12-2009, 05:10 PM
They don't even have a fucking supermarket?? That's unbelievable. Western Beef needs to step in I think they might be good over there.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/08/06/news/economy/detroit_food/index.htm?postversion=2009080610

There's some pics with the article so I didn't wanna copy n paste

IrOnMaN
08-13-2009, 12:46 PM
I live in Detroit and I have to say that I HATE this city. It's worst than what the article says. The problem with the supermarkets are that the owners don't trust the people. So, the Arabs price the food high and install bars so that the crackheads can't steal the shopping carts. The Arabs treat the people like crap because they treat themselves like crap. As a result, there's no trust, love, or respect b/w the people.

If someone wanted to buy low priced food and food that is good (not outdated like most supermarkets have in Detroit. You have to check the date before you by the food because the Arabs WILL sell people outdated food.), that person would have to drive out to the suburbs, which is a bitch.

I cannot wait until I move. It's terrible here.

Arabs are doing it because the people treat themselves like shit. Arabs are cool as hell, that's if you're not a thug or street. I took Arabic for three semesters. It's not their fault. It's the city's fault for failing their people.

CharlesJones
09-27-2009, 02:02 PM
I agree with Ironman. I've been to Detroit several times to visit and the ghetto there is terrible. But there's terrible ghettos in every city. It's the same situation in Cleveland. There's a lot of corner stores and supermarkets in the ghetto in Cleveland and they're owned by immigrants and they treat blacks like shit because of how blacks behave. I go to a store here in the hood that sells corned beef sandwiches and they're so good. The store isn't that bad but the parking lot is shitty because there's trash everywhere but i love going there to get the corned beef sandwich.