PDA

View Full Version : Whats the game genre you have never been able to get into?

Steve Urkel
08-13-2009, 09:53 AM
For me its turn based RPGs, they take too long to play and require a hell of a lot of boring grinding.

DrBold241
08-13-2009, 11:39 AM
RPGs in general are completely hit or miss with me.
when it comes to video games i prefer some instant gratification.

Steve Urkel
08-13-2009, 12:28 PM
RPGs in general are completely hit or miss with me.
when it comes to video games i prefer some instant gratification.

Same with me anything that demands at least 20 hours of your time to properly get into is definately not for me. But fighters, racing games or some shooters (all arcade type) are the best for me although they tend to get boring fast.

shaolinsword
08-13-2009, 01:04 PM
RTS and simulation racers (GT, forza etc)

oDoUoSoKo
08-13-2009, 09:26 PM
RPGs.

The Hound
08-13-2009, 10:42 PM
I love a good turn based RPG but as DrBold said they're very hit and miss. I fucking loved Baldur's Gate that was one of the greatest games of all time but I didn't like the second one much and Dungeons & Dragons is classic.

I never really got into simulation racing.

Ghost In The 'Lac
08-13-2009, 10:56 PM
-beat em ups
-fps's
-simulation drivers

but mainly first person shooters.

abanks47
08-13-2009, 11:39 PM
Racing Sims and Flight Sims

Uncle Steezo
08-13-2009, 11:53 PM
flight sims.... to the point where, until you mentioned them, i forgot they existed.

only rpg i have gotten into was zelda and FF....and chronotrigger.

city based racing sims like midnight club, etc are dope.
track based like nascar/tourisimo... hellz no.

i don't like sim city either.

Mic Tyson
08-14-2009, 02:53 AM
RTS games and those strategy rpg games like final fantasy tactics

NIGHT MAYOR
08-14-2009, 03:31 AM
i basicly only play FPS. and i think you guys are forgetting that Grand Theft Auto is a RPG

Tage
08-14-2009, 06:12 AM
FPS's.

i do like the campaign mode on games... but i can never get into fps games geared towards online play, like COD4. lol thats why ive just sold it and Resistance:FoM on eBay. COD4's campaign is pretty sick though, the sniping level is fucking sick. but after that, the game has little or no replay value for me.

(sold GT5:Prologue aswell... but i do like sim racers. cant wait for GT5)

Ghost In The 'Lac
08-14-2009, 07:37 AM
i think RPGs are probably the best games technically. Shit like Zelda, OKami, Ico, Shadow of Collosus, GTA, Mario 64 lol. Im not a hugeRPG guy but i can see they are pretty dope generally.

FPS on theother hand i dont get. Its cool for like the first level, but then it gets boring. If youve got a friend to always play multiplayer with though they are much better.

NIGHT MAYOR
08-14-2009, 07:45 AM
online play is where its at for FPS.

i dont see people getting thousands of dollars to play RPG's in comps

Steve Urkel
08-14-2009, 08:59 AM
online play is where its at for FPS.

i dont see people getting thousands of dollars to play RPG's in comps

Well you are not going to get thousands of dollars sitting on your ass perfecting your headshot reflex. And people do get paid six figure salaries for playing RPGsI mean look at South Koreans and their Starcraft.

p-rok73
08-14-2009, 09:15 AM
Rock Band & Guitar Hero, those types of games I can't get into.

Kingkazim
08-14-2009, 09:41 AM
^yeah them music games are boring.

and JRPGs, turn based combat is not my thing

BRONZBODY
08-14-2009, 10:16 AM
other than command and conquer, i hate RTS games. dont see the point.

used to love RPG's but lately they have been pretty wack. lost oddysey for the 360 and eternal sonata for the ps3 are the only RPG'S i have played this generation. and i dont plan on playing ffXIII either.

love fighting games. in my younger days i won a combined 25,grand playing street fighter 2 for the snes. but like roy jones in boxing....i got old...i dont have the finger speed anymore.

Rame
08-14-2009, 11:58 AM
Rock Band & Guitar Hero, those types of games I can't get into.

DJ Hero might be good.

I don't like sports games, anymore.

Games like World of Warcraft and Oblivion suck too.

Tage
08-14-2009, 12:46 PM
used to love RPG's but lately they have been pretty wack. lost oddysey for the 360 and eternal sonata for the ps3 are the only RPG'S i have played this generation. and i dont plan on playing ffXIII either.

fallout 3?

FFXIII is going to be amazing on this generation of console.

DrBold241
08-14-2009, 12:48 PM
i basicly only play FPS. and i think you guys are forgetting that Grand Theft Auto is a RPG

Actually GTA is sandbox shooter/racer. There are no stats and exp.

only rpg i have gotten into was zelda and FF....and chronotrigger.

i'd say Zelda is one of the original sandbox games in a sense. it does have RPG elements, but like GTA no specific stats or experience points (other than life).

i don't mind games you have to invest time in but ones that take up LOADS of time to really get into (Fallout, Elder Scrolls, WoW, Mass Effect, to name a few) are personally not my cup of tea.
it doesn't have to be INSTANT gratification, but damn near it.

Ghost In The 'Lac
08-14-2009, 12:54 PM
and i dont plan on playing ffXIII either.

FFXIV looks pretty amazing though

http://www.eorzeasky.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/eorzea_sky_wallpaper_02_1024x768.jpg

ive never played a MMO before but id be tempted by this

http://www.shacknews.com/screenshots.x?gallery=12170&game_id=7627#img136160

The Hound
08-14-2009, 01:09 PM
GTA isn't an RPG - Turn based games required a die to be cast to determine moves to be made, GTA is a sandbox action game because the story can be paused at any moment.

narc
08-14-2009, 01:11 PM
never got into JRPGs or turn based rpgs, they suck shit..really, especially FF.

i love racers but track based ones like Pg just bore me, need for speed is where its at.

Ghost In The 'Lac
08-14-2009, 01:17 PM
San Andreas was the most RPG of all the gta's. and also the best gta imo.

shaolinsword
08-14-2009, 01:25 PM
fallout 3?

vs looks like it's going to be a lot better

How is GTA an RPG anyway? the closest it came to resembling an RPG was San Andreas

Kingkazim
08-14-2009, 02:05 PM
DJ Hero might be good.

I don't like sports games, anymore.

Games like World of Warcraft and Oblivion suck too.

fuck WoW, but oblivion was dope

Mercury
08-14-2009, 02:56 PM
I'm still playing Def Jam FFNY!!! but also GTA IV (Can't wait for Ballad of Gay Tony) and Battlefield 1943 I could never get into sports games though

DrBold241
08-14-2009, 03:32 PM
uh...... L&TD has been out, so is BF 1943.....
but on a different note..... the new GTAIV episode is NOT about Little Jacob or Packie, or anyone else cool for that matter.....
it's the Ballad of Gay Tony.....
i mean if that was just a joke it'd be funny, but rockstar seriously chose Gay Tony as the new main character over anyone else they could have used....
Fuck RockStar in the ass with a meathook.

shaolinsword
08-14-2009, 03:36 PM
but on a different note..... the new GTAIV episode is NOT about Little Jacob or Packie, or anyone else cool for that matter.....
i mean if that was just a joke it'd be funny, but rockstar seriously chose Gay Tony as the new main character over anyone else they could have used....

It aint out on the PS3 yet

Mercury
08-14-2009, 04:26 PM
Soz yeah I meant BoGT already got L&D. and btw you don't play as tony but his straight bodygaurd don't worry!

Steve Urkel
08-14-2009, 06:47 PM

I still can't believe they are actually going to go ahead with that. Whats sad is that people are gonna buy it in droves.

Kingkazim
08-15-2009, 06:07 AM
microsoft paid 50 million for GTA4 exclusive DLC
i bet they didnt know that rockstar would be making a homo as the protagonist

Mercury
08-15-2009, 07:07 AM
As I previously stated you DONT PLAY AS GAY TONY BUT HIS FUCKING BODYGUARD!!!

TAURO
08-15-2009, 01:21 PM
I've never been able to fully get into first person shooters.

p-rok73
08-15-2009, 09:22 PM
San Andreas was the most RPG of all the gta's. and also the best gta imo.

Yea my personal favorite too. San Andreas was fucking huge, I hope Rockstar revisits that city in the future, like they did with Liberty City in GTA 4.

Lex Lugor
08-15-2009, 10:39 PM
gran torismo2
final fantasy VIII
capcom vs snk 2
silent hill 2
halo 3
and im dying to get my hands on champions online
not only dabbled in but significant in my past

thats pretty much everything.. so my answer is nothing

i dont think anybody likes flight simulators lol so it doesnt count

Steve Urkel
08-15-2009, 11:23 PM
Final fantasy VII. I swear imma force my ass to play through that game just to find out why the hell everyone likes it so much.

DrBold241
08-18-2009, 11:31 AM
As I previously stated you DONT PLAY AS GAY TONY BUT HIS FUCKING BODYGUARD!!!

maybe so, but still such an irrelevant weak ass character.
i mean rockstar can make it interesting, but out of the 2 episodes neither are about Packie, nor Lil Jacob- two of the coolest npcs in the game.
weak.

shaolinsword
08-18-2009, 12:17 PM
Fighters as well. I used to love em back in the arcade SF2 days but now I suck at em

Reiko
08-18-2009, 02:03 PM
The hardest genre for mw to get into is RPG dunno why, I've tried a few times. I've finished main quest in Oblivion and quests for Dark Brotherhood but the rest of it wasn't really interesting for me. I've also played Fable but it's a short story. Lately I was tryin' to get into Fallout 3 but it was a failure.

Alcryt
08-22-2009, 04:40 PM
I dig a lot of rpg's like elder scrolls, final fantasy, fallout 1 & 2 and shit but i really cant get into the super complex ones like Baldurs gate and Planescape. The ones that are heavily dungeons and dragons influenced and take like 10 billion days just creating a character. I just cant be bothered to manage all those stats and shit.

Also cant really get into games like Diablo, it just seems like your constantly clicking shit, click to kill, click to pickup, click to talk, click to walk etc.

Dont like fighters either, they just seem to get repetitive and rely on remembering overly long button combinations if you want to get good.