PDA

View Full Version : Mobb Deep Murda Muzik-Ten Years Later.

David Daniel Davis
08-17-2009, 05:39 AM
A decade after their last good l.p. do you think that Mobb Deep can reach that level again?

angry!
08-17-2009, 08:23 AM
prodigy killed every track on that joint and hav's beats were still grimey!!! i always put cats on to this album first when im putting them on to the mobb!!! prodigy wasnt as introspective on this album, he was in joe pesci mode from the get and i love that greasy talk!!!

and i think you sleepin on their discography post murda muzik!!!

you ask me, i say infamy is solid and time has been kind to it!!! also amerikaz nightmare on jive had some wack commerical reaches like the lil jon shit, but it also has some classic mobb deep!!!

when p gets out of jail, they need alchemist to lace 8 tracks, and havoc to lace 8 tracks, i kow p gotta be stockpiling rhymes in the bing!!! return of the mac + hnic 2 + product of the 80's = prodigy been doing his fuckin thing regardless of the haters!!!

ShaolinMonkX
08-17-2009, 09:24 AM
cosign everything angry said. Prodigy's solos are heavily slept on. Cats need to also check out that "the safe is cracked" joint cause it definitely has some gems on there.

Ghost In The 'Lac
08-17-2009, 09:34 AM
Prodigy = Best 3 album consecutive performance on the mic

Fuck all these blog nerds rappers who try to take shots at P these days to be funny, they will never compare to him, ever, so who the fuck cares about them

oDoUoSoKo
08-17-2009, 09:39 AM
good album...the realest, its mine, quiet storm..damn.

angry!
08-17-2009, 09:50 AM
Prodigy = Best 3 album consecutive performance on the mic

Fuck all these blog nerds rappers who try to take shots at P these days to be funny, they will never compare to him, ever, so who the fuck cares about them

word!!!

none of these gangsta rappers are living out this lifestyle!!! its either the past or a fantasy!!! p double was giving street talk and dropping knowledge about the powers that be before it was a trendy way to rhyme!!!

since the infamous homie has been shitting on the illuminati!! now theres cats like immortal technique screaming about the revolution with street appeal!!

true original in the game!!!

Sadat X
08-17-2009, 10:15 AM
The Realest with Kool G Rap... Is such a sick track...

"Bullets Ain't Racial Kid, They Only Hate You" - Kool G Rap

Jammin
08-17-2009, 10:29 AM
dope album, did you see the murda muzik movie? its a cool ghetto movie

angry!
08-17-2009, 10:38 AM
dope album, did you see the murda muzik movie? its a cool ghetto movie

word!!! i remember hearing p invested $2 mill in it personally and the move almost sank him!!!

its why i was happy when they signed to g-unit!!! that pay bump was a long time coming!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfW_KH1Gk40
^ "what goes on" produced by alchemist one of my favorite mobb cuts in yrs!!!!

staycreepin_n_silence
08-17-2009, 10:52 AM
no he can't but still love the album

spiggity_ace
08-17-2009, 06:29 PM
i slept on murda muzik for a while but i finally listened to it and its nothin but fire, its not quite on the level of infamous and hell on earth but its still sick, g raps verse on the realest is one of my fav verses from him, the human organism lifted ull be hearin organs if u leavin orphans if u let the doors hit u where the lord split ya, he went in on that track, prodigy was on fire on this album too, his verses on the original quiet storm are some of his finest work ever.

CharlesJones
08-21-2009, 09:56 AM
Murda Musik album has a lot of tight songs. I like Let A Ho Be A Ho(LOL@stupid black woman leaving a message on Havoc's answering machine saying that was some fucked up shit sticking that shit down my throat like that and then you wanna stick it in my ass but i love you boo hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Havoc and his friends laughed at her message LOL.), Adrenaline, I'm Going Out, Quiet Storm, Thug Musik, Murda Musik, The Realest, Quiet Storm remix. Amerika's Nightmare and Blood Money albums got some tight songs. I don't know why people diss those albums. I also don't understand people saying Prodigy's lyrics aren't good anymore. His lyrics may not be ill like they were back in the day but his lyrics are still decent. I wouldn't say he's terrible now. His solo albums disappointed me. I haven't heard HNIC 2 yet but i will eventually.

CharlesJones
08-21-2009, 10:23 AM
Murda Musik movie is trash and it shouldn't have been made. If Prodigy did use his money to film that, he wasted his money.

sdeblasi
08-21-2009, 10:56 AM
this album is extremely dope, id love to see Mobb come back with something like this again but i just dont think it could happen anymore as much as id like it too

Jammin
08-21-2009, 11:41 AM
i also heard they got the murda musik soundtrack, someone heard about it?

CharlesJones
08-21-2009, 11:44 AM
I don't think they have a soundtrack. The music from Murda Musik is probably for the movie. I don't even remember if there were any songs from the album played in the movie. That shows you how much i paid attention to the movie LOL.

Edgar Erebus
08-21-2009, 01:04 PM
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1262086&postcount=20

I still stand by every word I wrote here. Yes, commercially it was their peak, but artistically it was beginning of the end.

Ghost In The 'Lac
08-21-2009, 01:11 PM
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1262086&postcount=20

I still stand by every word I wrote here. Yes, commercially it was their peak, but artistically it was beginning of the end.

lol i see your back hatin on real shit once again

btw you failed when you said Quiet Storm was basically wack:

10. Quiet Storm (prod. Havoc)
Most people call it classic, but I simply could never get into this song. Beat lacks energy, misuses "White Lines" sample (Hav should never use it in the first place, it's just not his steez) and Prodigy spat a rap that fails to be as dark and real and dope as his best shit in the same vibe. 3.5

WOW.

If you dont like this song or beat, just quit breathing.

Did you really just say "havoc should never of used this sample"

??

REALLY???

Just stop listening to mobb deep, why are you bothering reviewing a whole album if clearly dont like their style of music. shits clearly too hard for you.

angry!
08-21-2009, 01:25 PM
"the beginning of the end"

thats what life is homie!!!!

youre a hater, just because today isnt as nice as yesterday doesnt mean its not a nice day!!!

and if you like mobb deep but feel quiet storm was an average track, it leads me to believe you probably drop panties to "hey luv"!!!! go bleed out and take it out on your boyfriend twat!!!!

straight herb festival around here mang!!!!

Ghost In The 'Lac
08-21-2009, 01:45 PM

"the beginning of the end"

thats what life is homie!!!!

!

^word up! they even said it themselves

5_0JRXlzReA

Monkdude
08-21-2009, 04:04 PM
"those who listen, get addicted to my diction" how could ANYONE ever hate on quiet storm? one of the best hip hop songs ever, havoc is a decent mc but this is how most of the mobb songs should've been, prodigy spitting fire over dope havoc beats. anyway i like murda muzik, its no HOE or Infamous but its still a good CD. and ghostlaced good looks postin start of your ending. what a dope track. its one of those tracks that make me say fuck lyrics because prodigy's verse was simple but incredibly dope, fuck the rappers now, that verse examplifies swagger

Afficial_Nastee
08-22-2009, 05:17 AM
Nas murders It's Mine , I've got this album and It's a very decent album not as good as their previous 2 albums but if this album was released in 2009 it'd be the best album of the year....

J-DON
08-24-2009, 01:40 PM
1)Why do they always use Chinky?!? she is always completely out of tune!

2)This album is such a drastic shift from the last production wise. Havoc pretty much uses the same drums (sound like keyboard drums) throughout the whole album. IMO he got lazy with choosing his drum sounds here and it kills alot of the tracks.

It definitley has its tracks that are classic but as an album its like a 7.5/10.

Id say newer prodigy is way better production wise than this album. Havoc was in an awkward phase here because it was during the shift from Grimey to Bling in hip hop and he tried to adjust his sound by losing the grimey drums that were his trademark. Maybe he started using new equipment or something but its a huge step back from previous Mobb Albums. This was the mobb's first mis-step.

claaa7
08-24-2009, 02:07 PM
^^ nah she is actually sounding good on the album version of "Streets Raised Me" if you ask me.. really good album from The Infamous imo, i would give it a 4/5 rating.. a step below from the two previous albums obviously but still a very strong effort and a lot better than "Infamy" which had like 6-7 good songs or something.

J-DON
08-24-2009, 10:13 PM
id say infamy and murda muzik are about equal.

Infamy has the edge on the production IMO.

People got so bent out of shape over "hey luv" but you know what it was a good song. I always liked it, fuck off! 112 sounded great on it. Not to mention Get Away which is amazing.

Also Burn > any murda muzik song INCLUDING QUIET STORM.

angry!
08-24-2009, 10:30 PM
youre entitled to your opinion, but youre wildin with that!!!

i like infamy myself, but come on homie..

adrenaline
thug muzik (chinky kills this)
murda muzik
quiet storm
the realest
allustrious

classic beats dog and much more consistent, infamy had some clunkers. prodigy was undoubtedly the star of murda muzik, he was gettin 16's and 32's, then infamy comes out and in some cases hes getting less mic time then hav!!! i like john kruk more than a-rod, doesnt make him better!!!

check out "feel my gat blow" a cut track from murda muzik if you havent heard it!!! shits a gem!!!

J-DON
08-25-2009, 10:35 AM
ok maybe I was wildin out but the fact remains that neither album are that great.

claaa7
08-25-2009, 11:10 AM
nah "Hey Luv" is a dope joint, but i'd take alot of the Murda Muzik songs over it though... Infamy LP had the song "Handcuffs" too, that's like Mobb Deep's "Ice Cream Part II" lol, shit always make me laugh loud it's so wack.

i'm actually bumping Murda Muzik right now, shit is slamming.. production is a little lighter than previous albums but still hits right where it should. 4.25/5

Edgar Erebus
08-25-2009, 02:39 PM
@ GHOSTLACED, Aggry! & Monkdude

Nice whirlwihind of haterade towards me, I'm flattered that I still preoccupy your wet dreams.

Even better is that every single one of your shots was blank, 'cause I'm not mad at all (not anymore), 'cause I'm a great fan of their second and third album and I actually think that Murda Muzik was softer than those (which also excludes any chance of jacking off to Hey Luv) and 'cause I have better, smarter and better explained subjective opinions than you brotherhood of stans.

And you don't have to try to raise my temper, those pills got me chilled out 24/7.

CharlesJones
08-29-2009, 10:29 AM
LOL@J-Don thinks Infamy is a good album hahahahahahahahahahahaha. That album is garbage. I liked about 4 songs on there. Burn song is the shit.

kingidivine
08-29-2009, 11:50 AM
I agree with "beginning of the end." They were at a commercial peak and it was inevitable. Also agree with whomever said Hav got lazy on the drums, changed equipment, or just got caught up in the times and didn't stay true to the grimey sound. Murda Muzik never left the single disc slot in my ride from June til September that year except to switch out the bootleg for the official. That makes it a classic to me but nowhere near the level of Hell on Earth or The Infamous.

J-DON
08-30-2009, 12:12 AM
I just think both are whatever. Alot of shit songs on murda muzik, alot of boring beats on both albums. I just REALLY like Get Away and Burn more than the tracks i like from Murda Musik.