PDA

View Full Version : Disappointing videogame endings.

David Daniel Davis
08-17-2009, 06:00 AM
Have you ever put mad effort into beating a videogame only to get get some weak ass ending? I feel that if I beat a har d ass game I should be traeted to a long and interesting ending. Most games starting of the past fifteen years have had no effort put into the ending. I remember back when I beat Spiderman and Venom:Separation Anxiety on Super Nintendo I got one of the worst endings ever of all time which really disappointed me because it was such an awesome game. If you ever beat Cold Fear on Xbox; make sure not to sneeze or else you might miss the ending. It is like they charge you all of this money for these games and just screw you with the finish. There are many more but if I posted all of the game endings I was disappointed in I would be here all damn day.

shaolinsword
08-17-2009, 06:21 AM
Resi 5 has one of the worst endings I've seen in a while. You fight the last boss and then just fly off into the distance. It seems more like a mid game cut scene than an ending

Kingkazim
08-17-2009, 07:24 AM
Fallout 3 was pretty lame considering the game was amazing. you were just watching images with narration over it.
GTA game endings are always bland

Ghost In The 'Lac
08-17-2009, 07:37 AM
the newest gta ending was kinda anti climax.

bamboo
08-17-2009, 07:41 AM
the end of Halo 2 felt cut short!
I was all hyped and ready for the next battle when it all ended very unexpectedly... had to wait for the x360 to be released as well before the battle could continue.
I know it was part of a trilogy but, they could have made it more obvious that you were near the end, as there had been very intense battles it felt more like a build up to a final... but no.
It pissed me off frankly, and I didn't play the campaign again... back then I didn't have Live either so the game was traded in a month later hehe

Kingkazim
08-17-2009, 10:53 AM
halo 3's ending was shit aswell.

bamboo
08-17-2009, 10:58 AM
I also agree with you there, but part 2 was even worse.
I'm hoping they won't do the same bullshit in ODST

Kingkazim
08-17-2009, 11:05 AM
they will, probably even worse, the concentrating more on the online.
online is what most people care about

bamboo
08-17-2009, 11:55 AM
yeah, probably right...
the online gaming kicks ass, they did that part really well!

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-17-2009, 12:48 PM
most of the dissappoiting videogame endings come from lack of time....that's why Blizzard and Bioware rarely dissappoint =)

bamboo
08-17-2009, 02:23 PM
Wera speaks tha troof!

mastapowerful
08-17-2009, 04:59 PM
Gears of War ending was pretty lame. I had no idea I even beat the game until I saw the credits rolling and it pissed me off.

Alcryt
08-22-2009, 03:47 PM
Gears of War ending was pretty lame. I had no idea I even beat the game until I saw the credits rolling and it pissed me off.

I had a similar experience with Project:Snowblind. There was some cutscene at the end of this level where i thought i was only halfway through then the credits started rolling and it was like WTF!? It's finished!?

Also whenever a game has a cliffhanger i get pissed off. Especially when theres no sequel. It happens a lot now developers are like "ok we're gonna make a trilogy so the first game will have all this build up then a cliffhanger".

Tecknowledgist
08-22-2009, 04:54 PM
fuckin fallout 3

and final fantasy 8!

Rame
08-22-2009, 05:37 PM