PDA

View Full Version : Official M.O.P. "Foundation" LP thread (NEW TRACK + INTERVIEW INSIDE!!)

claaa7
08-18-2009, 04:08 PM
The 5th leak from the forthcoming "Foundation" album dropping the 14th of September and shiiiit am i looking forward to this joint. i was bumping the 5 tracks front-to-back just now and it's sounding very promising, liking every song. Hopefully they put that 6 minute long "Brooklyn" with Busta as the closer of the album, now that's an anthem.

01. Blow The Horns
02. Bang Time (ft. Styles P)
03. Street Life (ft. DeMarco
04. Shell Castings
05. Brooklyn (ft. Busta Rhymes)

Here's the interview with Lil' Fame, i was worried that the album wouldn't feature any DJ Premier beats but Fizzy confirms that he's on.

At one of the Rock the Bells tour stops, Lil Fame spoke to HipHopDX about M.O.P.'s new album, The Foundation. That album has been heavily anticipated by the group's following and the production list for the album may have fans' anticipation growing even more.

"We just finished off the album. It's called The Foundation. It's dropping on September 14th on E1," Lil Fame noted.

Also, expect a list of producers set to impress many M.O.P. fans, including work from DJ Premier.

"We got Statik Selektah. We got me, I'm doing some production. We got DR Period. We also got DJ Premier." Of Premier, he added that it was a wonderful experience to link back up with the fellow New York vet. "It's beautiful, man. We tried to get some more from him but we didn't have time."

Recently, the crew also got to work with Slaughterhouse on a track that got some buzz through the net but didn't actually make the group's album.

"That was fun. Slaughterhouse, they're my homeboys. They're some of the best motherfuckin' lyricists in the game. It's just dope to be a part of some shit like that. We're going back to the lyrics and the music. It ain't no gimicks no more."

And here is the new joint, "Shell Castings", shit is Billy Daze ripping this shit!!

SHELL CASTINGS (DOWNLOAD) (http://2dopeboyz.okayplayer.com/2009/08/18/mop-shell-casings/)

Pattch82
08-18-2009, 06:10 PM
5TH LEAK...?!?!?!? Holy shit I've been sleeping on this!

Any chance you could up the other tracks that have leaked...?

Peace fam!

claaa7
08-18-2009, 06:28 PM
^^ i got you, the tracklist is the same as i posted in the first post.. definitely support this LP when it drops, i'm copping this on day 1. it's been way too long since the last MOP album.

FOUNDATION 5-track Sampler (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A25CZNE2)

Pattch82
08-18-2009, 06:32 PM
MEGA PROPS for that fam! Checking this out now!

Peace!

RAW-TASTE
08-18-2009, 08:14 PM
they should take off Street Life (ft. DeMarco) , i thoguth it was weak with the auto tune as the chorus if i remember right

Reiko
08-18-2009, 08:19 PM
dope ass track propz!!!!

claaa7
08-19-2009, 03:47 AM
nah i'm really feeling "Street Life", that shit is hot.. the auto-tune ain't fucking it up for me, plus the lyrics and beat is real good on that one. i love it when MOP is on that heartfelt shit like "Blood Sweat Tears" and "Dead & Gone".

Krish
08-19-2009, 05:43 AM
This is lyk one of the only albums im lookin foward to M.O.P. always brings tha heat and the leaked tracks are all sounding dope as fuck i hope this a return to thier Warriorz days...plus the production line luks fukin ill with Premo, Statik Selektah, Lil Fame (Fizzy Womack) and DR Period

sdeblasi
08-19-2009, 11:19 AM
definitely dope i hope theres more than 1 Premo beat, eiher way this is bound to be a top 5 album of 09

CharlesJones
08-21-2009, 11:00 AM
Claaa7 thanks for posting this. M.O.P. are my boys. They always bring the hardcore music but they disappointed me with Marxmen Cinema and Ghetto Warfare albums. I hope this new album is tight.

CharlesJones
08-21-2009, 11:01 AM
Shouldn't M.O.P.'s song be called Shell Casings instead of Shell Castings? LOL. Castings doesn't sound right.