PDA

View Full Version : Slaughterhouse Push 18K CDs in First Week, Joe Budden Fails to Chart

tical2000
08-19-2009, 03:06 PM
Slaughterhouse Push 18K CDs in First Week (no.26 on charts), Joe Budden Fails to Chart

www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=55141 (http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=55141)

Haha, a fuckin brick for these losers.......

tical2000
08-19-2009, 03:09 PM
Yet another L in a long list of L's for Joe Budden

Joe Budden's solo album "escape route" sold 1700 copies.....ahahahaha......those are Cappadonna numbers

I guess getting punched in the face is not good for record sales!!!!!

Think of all the video blogs, manufactured internet beef, and going at legends such as Wu Tang....and Joe Buddens sold these numbers

standout
08-19-2009, 03:16 PM
before you make yourself look any more dumber you need to pull out a calculator and figure out what the profit margin is on 36k shipped and 18k sold. (50% of total shippment) in 1 week.

and escape route was a digital release announced the day before it actually released.

i study business, and i understand you might be a little slower since you dont. so let me put it in perspective for you. 50 sold 650k first week with his last album. by the end of the week, it was still available in large numbers at every retail store. what do you think the shippment was?

my guess is 5mil. now do the profit margin on that.

BLACK BART SIMPSON
08-19-2009, 03:16 PM
did alot better then most wu projects u stan fag... tht one song by slaughterhouse is pretty hot

tical2000
08-19-2009, 03:25 PM
did alot better then most wu projects u stan fag... tht one song by slaughterhouse is pretty hot

Method Man/Redman Blackout 2 did around 59,780 copies douchebag there first week.....and their album came out the same day as eminem

http://hiphopblips.dailyradar.com/article/sales_wrap_eminem_saves_hip_hop_method_man_redman/

Rame
08-19-2009, 03:31 PM
RZA did 6.000 first week.
Killah Priests albums are dope, they sell like 500 copies first week.

If you didn't know.. sales don't mean shit.

Ghost In The 'Lac
08-19-2009, 03:34 PM
Its almost as embarrasing as their name. "Slaughterhouse".

Ok you realise youve named yourself after a place that puts down cows, pigs, chickens for farms and stuff? Whats exactly so cool and clever about that?

Not only that its just a fucking pathetic name LOL

Their whole thing is just fisher price hip hop-by-numbers generic manufactured crap. Which is why it hasnt caught anyones attention other than people that havent been listening to hip hop for more than 2 years.

"Slaughterhouse"??? Really?? That names just fucking gay. Its honestly the sort of name you'd expect 14 year olds to come up with as a "dope new hip hop name" for their new group.

Anyway,.

Wow lmao.

BLACK BART SIMPSON
08-19-2009, 03:35 PM

i dnt give a fuck this slaughterhouse vs wutang beef or w/e is fucking stupid...rae needs to face buddens 1 v 1 and lose and get it over with...

Mcthuggin99
08-19-2009, 03:36 PM
damn those 5 copies apiece budden's fans bought didnt do much to help him

tical2000
08-19-2009, 03:45 PM
The funny thing is that Joe Buddens was saying how Method Man was not even relevant today.....and Method Man sold like 3x more than this idiots group album and 30x this dudes solo album

Slaughterhouse did 18,000 sales (no.26 on charts) first week with all the hype, video blogs, beef, etc

Joe Budden's solo album sold *gulp* 1,700 copies......yikes

Method Man/Redman Blackout 2 sold 59,780 (no.4 on charts) first week without any beef or hype...

Joe Buddens Lost.....again

Face it nobody cares about these losers in Slaughterhouse....

BLACK BART SIMPSON
08-19-2009, 03:56 PM
im not a slaughterhouse fan but yea there was a beef with meth...BUDDENS STARTED THE BEEF WITH METH ...tical you are fucking stupid

SL33
08-19-2009, 03:56 PM
sales don't mean shit. but anyway, slaughterhouse is one stupid name.

L :)

Mcthuggin99
08-19-2009, 04:00 PM
im not a slaughterhouse fan but yea there was a beef with meth...BUDDENS STARTED THE BEEF WITH METH ...tical you are fucking stupid
that happened like 2 days before the album came out

Rame
08-19-2009, 04:07 PM
The funny thing is that Joe Buddens was saying how Method Man was not even relevant today.....and Method Man sold like 3x more than this idiots group album and 30x this dudes solo album

Slaughterhouse did 18,000 sales (no.26 on charts) first week with all the hype, video blogs, beef, etc

Method Man/Redman Blackout 2 sold 59,780 (no.4 on charts) first week without any beef or hype...

The beef Joe Budden had was with Meth, so how did Meth not have beef? And there were quite a few leaks so there was sort of a hype.

The Prime Sithesizah
08-19-2009, 04:08 PM
Slaughterhouse may never build an empire anything close to what Wu-Tang has..
Slaughterhouse may not develop more classics than Wu-Tang.
Slaughterhouse may never single-handedly change the entire Hip-Hop industry like Wu..

BUT..

Right now..

Slaughterhouse is doing wayyyy better than Wu-Tang, lyrically and quality albums IMO

standout
08-19-2009, 04:34 PM
Method Man/Redman Blackout 2 did around 59,780 copies douchebag there first week.....and their album came out the same day as eminem

http://hiphopblips.dailyradar.com/article/sales_wrap_eminem_saves_hip_hop_method_man_redman/

and their album is on Def Jam/Universal Music Group you fucken moron. Its a major

Slaughterhouse is on E1, its an independent label.

You are a prime example of why people that dont understand business need to not discuss it.

18k is a great number for an independent release that only shipped 36k.

^^^

standout
08-19-2009, 04:49 PM
one more thing tical2000

Joe Budden's solo album "escape route" sold 1700 copies.....ahahahaha......those are Cappadonna numbers

the escape route is not an album. the escape rout is a digital mixtape.

it means 1700 people paid for the download.

there are no physical copies of the escape route.

and the release date was announced on august 10th, it came out on august 11th.

meaning total promotion was less then 24 hours.

Once again, please refrain from speaking about business.

these guys are making great money and selling abnormal units for a total of $0 spent on promotion.

DUMBO
08-19-2009, 04:55 PM
Slaughterhouse may never single-handedly change the entire Hip-Hop industry like Wu..

BUT..

Right now..

Slaughterhouse is doing wayyyy better than Wu-Tang, lyrically and quality albums IMO

fair enough from your perspective of music, but, for me, music is about each artist's art and not the popularity/market influence of each artist. i will continue to listen to wu and killa bees because they always make interesting and socially relevant music.

wu is the purest form of hip hop.

Spectrum7glr
08-19-2009, 06:19 PM
one more thing tical2000

the escape route is not an album. the escape rout is a digital mixtape.

it means 1700 people paid for the download.

there are no physical copies of the escape route.

and the release date was announced on august 10th, it came out on august 11th.

meaning total promotion was less then 24 hours.

Once again, please refrain from speaking about business.

these guys are making great money and selling abnormal units for a total of $0 spent on promotion.

I studied marketing and I got a different point of view for you. They made money? Yeah maybe, but they're 4 in the group. But do you really care about how much money they made...?

I see that Slaughterhouse reached 18 000 of fans first week, Joe Budden 1600. That my friend, is just weak numbers. A lot of independant rap artists sold more album than that first week, solo.

kwabena1041
08-19-2009, 06:29 PM
Right now..

wayyyyy better are u fucking serious?

Ghost In The 'Lac
08-19-2009, 06:29 PM
Wow these slumberhouse/budden stans are something else. Weve never seen blind dedication to a rapper this hard on the interent.

its like a fucking backstreet boys concert in here. these guys are infatuated by these men.

BUT..

Right now..

http://eatourbrains.com/EoB/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/troll.jpg

Wow. just stop lol. why would you deliberately humiliate yourself like this for the name of slaughtherhouse?

I dont get it.

You kids are a poor future.

11th Chamber
08-19-2009, 07:20 PM
BUT..

Right now..

Explain to me how that average ass Slaughterhouse album can compare to Chamber Music....?

You have absolutely no arguement to give

Tecknowledgist
08-19-2009, 07:52 PM
remind me to never buy a One Be Lo album again. what a clown.

standout
08-19-2009, 08:03 PM
I studied marketing and I got a different point of view for you. They made money? Yeah maybe, but they're 4 in the group. But do you really care about how much money they made...?
I could care less how much money they made. Thats a question you should ask the thread starter.

Only importance to me is the music itself. If the music is great, then thats all that matters.

I see that Slaughterhouse reached 18 000 of fans first week, Joe Budden 1600. That my friend, is just weak numbers. A lot of independant rap artists sold more album than that first week, solo.

A number says nothing unless its compared to other numbers - this is one of the first things you learn in Finance (if you really studied business). So 18k might seem low, but when you account that only 36k was shipped - that is abnormally high. 50% of the total shippment was sold in its first week. You dont see the significance?

Jim Jones just did 40k first week with 2 videos pre-album release and a major-label backing. Fabolous had the number 1 album in the country with 99k, 2 videos, 2 internet videos, and a major-label backing...

And the number of people in the group means nothing.

Wu-tang did 68,000 first week on a major label with the 8-diagrams, and there is 8 of them. And because their on a major their only getting like $1.50 per record vs. $7 per record on E1...Do the math...

theDZA
08-19-2009, 08:03 PM
before you make yourself look any more dumber you need to pull out a calculator and figure out what the profit margin is on 36k shipped and 18k sold. (50% of total shippment) in 1 week.

and escape route was a digital release announced the day before it actually released.

i study business, and i understand you might be a little slower since you dont. so let me put it in perspective for you. 50 sold 650k first week with his last album. by the end of the week, it was still available in large numbers at every retail store. what do you think the shippment was?

my guess is 5mil. now do the profit margin on that.

sales mean fuck all you prick, so i'm gonna refrain from laughing at those numbers to say this:

souljaboytellem.com has sold over 1.4 Million

and iSouljaBoyTellem sold 46,000 copies its first week and over 305,865 all together

does that make it a better album then Rising Down by The Roots which sold 163,818 copies? or does it make soulja boy more important to hip hop? no...

SALES MEAN FUCK ALL

so fuck off back to the budden forums and watch your man get punched in the eye, then apologise, then probably call out another rapper and remain quiet when a diss is released...until of course he apologises again

you wanna know who is more important, who is better?

look at album reviews for Wu's first album and then Slaughterhouse's and tell me which album has been hailed as a classic and which has not

standout
08-19-2009, 08:06 PM
^i agree with you.

your quoting the wrong person.

you should be quoting the thread starter.

theDZA
08-19-2009, 08:09 PM
^i agree with you.

i'm just saying...

i bet 50 has sold more then KRS ONE + RAKIM combined but real hip hop fans don't give a shit bout any of that, we should be talking bout lyrics, beats and wotnot...i don't give a flying fuck about sales

standout
08-19-2009, 08:19 PM
i'm just saying...

i bet 50 has sold more then KRS ONE + RAKIM combined but real hip hop fans don't give a shit bout any of that, we should be talking bout lyrics, beats and wotnot...i don't give a flying fuck about sales

without a doubt. couldnt agree more.

Wordsworth - Mirror Music is in my top10 cds of all time, and i think it sold less them 1000 coppies first week.

the thread starter wants to talk numbers though so all i was doing is staying on topic. Im completing my degree in Economics and Business this year - I dont mind contributing on any topic that involves sales.

Tecknowledgist
08-19-2009, 08:27 PM
okay, you're studying business. we get it.

The Prime Sithesizah
08-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Explain to me how that average ass Slaughterhouse album can compare to Chamber Music....?

You have absolutely no arguement to give

I don't recall saying the Slaughterhouse album was better than Chamber Music. I'm a fan of both teams but you can't argue stuff like this, especially when it's Wu-related because nearly everyone here is gonna play on that side of the fence.. but since we setting the record straight..

Joe Budden's point is that..
1) Method Man doesn't have any rhymes he can match up to Joe's strongest points, lyrically (and I bumped Tical more than any Budden mixtape/album)

2) Wu-Tang needs to appreciate their legacy and leave the game alone. They've made their empire and it can't be destroyed. It's these old rappers preventing the new breed of original talent to be acknowledged because they wanna get back into the spotlight.

Here's my argument..

Slaughterhouse RIGHT NOW is killing nearly everything they touch. They're hungrier and thats to say, they are what Wu-Tang used to be (just not as effective on the scene). Im not talking about overall career.. Wu-Tang DOMINATES that area.. But in the state of Hip-Hop TODAY? Rhyme for Rhyme? Slaughterhouse is the better team right now IMO. Respect my opinion. Wu-Tang has made dope records over the last couple of years, but they're not equivalent to Slaughterhouse. Wu fans need to face it.. Raekwon isn't the same Chef he came on the scene as. Ghostface isn't quite Mr. Supreme Clientele anymore. GZA is still the Genius but even he's getting bored being on the mic. Masta Killa and U-God seem to be the hungrier ones IMO. Inspectah Deck isn't the same Rebel. RZA's got new outlook at music and is the only one TRULY evolving... BUT.. people are gonna think otherwise and bitch about what Im saying, which is actual fact but its MY OPINION based on what Im hearing! End of story..

Mcthuggin99
08-19-2009, 09:00 PM
I don't recall saying the Slaughterhouse album was better than Chamber Music. I'm a fan of both teams but you can't argue stuff like this, especially when it's Wu-related because nearly everyone here is gonna play on that side of the fence.. but since we setting the record straight..

Joe Budden's point is that..
1) Method Man doesn't have any rhymes he can match up to Joe's strongest points, lyrically (and I bumped Tical more than any Budden mixtape/album)

2) Wu-Tang needs to appreciate their legacy and leave the game alone. They've made their empire and it can't be destroyed. It's these old rappers preventing the new breed of original talent to be acknowledged because they wanna get back into the spotlight.

Here's my argument..

Slaughterhouse RIGHT NOW is killing nearly everything they touch. They're hungrier and thats to say, they are what Wu-Tang used to be (just not as effective on the scene). Im not talking about overall career.. Wu-Tang DOMINATES that area.. But in the state of Hip-Hop TODAY? Rhyme for Rhyme? Slaughterhouse is the better team right now IMO. Respect my opinion. Wu-Tang has made dope records over the last couple of years, but they're not equivalent to Slaughterhouse. Wu fans need to face it.. Raekwon isn't the same Chef he came on the scene as. Ghostface isn't quite Mr. Supreme Clientele anymore. GZA is still the Genius but even he's getting bored being on the mic. Masta Killa and U-God seem to be the hungrier ones IMO. Inspectah Deck isn't the same Rebel. RZA's got new outlook at music and is the only one TRULY evolving... BUT.. people are gonna think otherwise and bitch about what Im saying, which is actual fact but its MY OPINION based on what Im hearing! End of story..
hahaha i bet hes your favorite wu member. yeah i respect your opinion but i just hate the budden fanboys that act like the wu hasnt done shit tothe game.

The Prime Sithesizah
08-19-2009, 09:15 PM
He actually is and Masta Killa was right on his ass.. but nonetheless, Wu-Tang played their part and accomplished more than most will ever DREAM of doing in their careers. Im not saying they should stop making music, just give the new GREAT talent a chance instead of trying to "bring it back". The 90s era is gone. Evolve already!! Wu-Tang is stuck in that pasttime and so are their fans, which explains why different, versatile shit gets overlooked and unrecognized.. Which ALSO explains why RZA can't work with the Wu anymore.. because he's in present time with new flavor and they're still in 98' mentally.. we all see that in how they handle business..

Mcthuggin99
08-19-2009, 09:21 PM
He actually is and Masta Killa was right on his ass.. but nonetheless, Wu-Tang played their part and accomplished more than most will ever DREAM of doing in their careers. Im not saying they should stop making music, just give the new GREAT talent a chance instead of trying to "bring it back". The 90s era is gone. Evolve already!! Wu-Tang is stuck in that pasttime and so are their fans, which explains why different, versatile shit gets overlooked and unrecognized.. Which ALSO explains why RZA can't work with the Wu anymore.. because he's in present time with new flavor and they're still in 98' mentally.. we all see that in how they handle business..
yeah i hate that. some people think that the RZA can still make the most incredible beats. and i hate it when they think they can make 36 chambers happen again. just like people are talking shit about ghost makin an r&b album. i dont care imma bump that shit because ghost makes good music IMO. hes moving on and so should his fans

RAW-TASTE
08-19-2009, 09:30 PM
^i agree with you.

everyone put this fag on their ignore list, he purposefully came from jbtv forums[FAIL] and made an acc here JUST to defend button, how gay is that. and every time he posts, its only to defend button like shit man gtfo off our forums and crawl back to jbtv where you guys can call him the "best lyricalist"[ROFL!]. talk about the ultimate stans, fuck joe button and sh and their fans, im glad his shit sold less than what most underground rappers sell in their first week fuckign faggots, i guess even the internet soldiers couldnt afford 10 copies each to support their "favorite rapper" hahahhaha

tical2000
08-19-2009, 11:30 PM
To me the Slaughterhouse album is nothing special.....I listened to it a couple times and deleted it....

I really do not understand why people are jizzing in their pants over these 4 losers who have struggeled to have a career........HONESTLY THEY ARE NOT THAT GOOD

Sure they have an occasional hot verse, but to say they have put anything close to resembeling a classic album out would be absoulutly delusional....these dudes have stuggeled to even stay on record labels.

Joe Budden has been doing blogs every day for the last year and they just did a measely 18,000 units.....and delusional dudes in this forum are trying to tell me these are good numbers based on profit margins???? Get the fuck outta here......

I guarantee the dudes in Slaughterhouse are seriously disapointed by these numbers.....I am sure they are now second guessing their association with Joe Buddens.......Maybe Daily video blogs and getting punched in the face is not cool.....

Joe Budden and his gang of Losers get yet another L

ALCATRAZ
08-19-2009, 11:34 PM
18k is decent for a group comprised of failures

EAGLE EYE
08-19-2009, 11:45 PM
this past weekend I was at a kegger/cookout and woke up on a random couch. My friends older brother was sitting at the table going through someone's itunes library and asked me who slaughterhouse was and if they are any good...

I just laughed and went back to sleep. I think he deleted the album after playing their single.

tical2000
08-19-2009, 11:50 PM
What really is the next move for these guys in slaughterhouse???? All their careers were on life-support before getting together for the Slaughterhouse album. This group album was kind of like their last ditch effort to have a rap career...

If they move 18,000 units as a group, what are their solo albums going to yield??? 4,000 copies??? I mean Joe Budden just put out an album that moved 1700 copies, this is not going to pay the bills.....I must have made more money than Joe Buddens last month....

So do these guys just pack it in and try to get real jobs??? I could totally see Joel Ortiz working at a Burger King or Joe Buddens working at Foot Locker...

Sinistarr
08-20-2009, 01:20 AM
just out of curiosity... what did Chamber Music do in its first week??? i can't find it anywhere, but im asuming it sold over 18k

standout
08-20-2009, 02:00 AM
hahaha i bet hes your favorite wu member. yeah i respect your opinion but i just hate the budden fanboys that act like the wu hasnt done shit tothe game.

fans are fans...when your famous infront of a crowed, you can say "Fuck Rakim" for all it matters...the crowed is still gona cheer.

im a huge budden fan and i love wu tang. nothing wrong with that...i listen to what i feel is good music. but the beef thing seemed to split a lot of people up and make everyone biased.

personally, i think anyone who thinks slaughterhouse is wack is just being delusional. in my personal opinion their the best rappers out right now.

i.e. tical2000...a guy that has no clue about anything, no taste in hiphop, no sense of versatility or diversity in music, and is all in all a complete moron when it comes to anything business/music related.

I mean Joe Budden just put out an album that moved 1700 copies, , this is not going to pay the bills.....I must have made more money than Joe Buddens last month....

are u seriously this stupid?

its not an album. its a digital mixtape...there is no cost to it because no physical copies were made...it means 1700 people downloaded the album. it went for 89 cents a track with 12 tracks. meaning joe budden already made over $18,000 on it first week.

He said in an interview that the beats were free...there was no expenses on the cd.

the escape route was just a bunch of material for fans and acted as a prelude to his next actual album - which is called The Great Escape.

Please, get that through your head...and go read a book. If you want some business books pm me and il recomend some and you can learn how money works.

Let me draw it out for you once more.

Cost of Beats - $0
Cost of Studio Time - $0
Cost of Producing the CDs - $0
Cost of Promotion - $0

Total Cost - $0

Price per song - $0.89
Number of songs - 12
Total sold 1700

Sales = $18,156

Now lets see if you figure out how much money was made when you subtract the "costs"...

So if you made $18,000 dollars last week....i tip my hat to you. Please give me some of your advise on making this much money. Now i see why you think selling 50% of a shippment is bad. someone who makes $18,000+ a month must be sitting on a billion.

Rame
08-20-2009, 02:16 AM
It doesn't matter what you say, they're still mad at Joe Budden because of the beef.

I bet most of them haven't even heard the album.

All of a sudden Royce Da 5'9'' is wack. No one has ever said that before.

standout
08-20-2009, 02:20 AM
just out of curiosity... what did Chamber Music do in its first week??? i can't find it anywhere, but im asuming it sold over 18k

Your assuming wrong. Chamber Music sold just over 9,000 copies first week with major label promotion.

38 THEORY OF A DEADMAN SCARS & SOUVENIRS 12,067 12,227 -1 603,312
39 AVENTURA LAST 12,021 15,163 -21 97,544
40 VARIOUS NOW 30 11,651 14,101 -17 621,913
41 HILSON*KERI IN A PERFECT WORLD... 11,596 10,418 11 377,414
42 CURRINGTON*BILLY LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING 11,499 8,860 30 191,228
43 SUGARLAND LOVE ON THE INSIDE 11,158 10,897 2 1,682,739
44 SWIFT*TAYLOR TAYLOR SWIFT 10,799 9,966 8 4,208,064
45 INCUBUS MONUMENTS & MELODIES 10,489 15,863 -34 96,290
46 DREAM THEATER BLACK CLOUDS & SILVER LININGS 10,248 40,285 -75 50,839
47 URBAN*KEITH DEFYING GRAVITY 10,063 10,759 -6 452,360
48 FRAY*THE FRAY 9,796 9,618 2 605,277
49 WU-TANG CHAMBER MUSIC 9,548 75 999 9,623
50 BEYONCE ABOVE AND BEYONCE 9,508 10,578 -10 34,360
51 FOXX*JAMIE INTUITION 9,418 8,239 14 995,411

which is exacaly why this thread is a joke. slaughterhouse sold twice as much as wu-tang on an INDEPENDENT LABEL with 36K shipment..

but this tical2000 faggot is embarrasing himself and indirectly insulting wu-tang who hes trying to defend by speaking about business when the dude is a complete dickhead moron.

now i cant wait to see this faggots response when he sees wu-tangs chamber music soundscan that he clearly didnt know about....come on tical2000, its ok. you can show your face.

just swallow your pride. appologize. and walk away.

and please refrain from any slaughterhouse topics from now until forever.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-20-2009, 03:13 AM
^^^all your posts in this thread were on point. I don't listen to a lot of Slaughterhouse (fav. member Joell tho), I even dislike Royce a bit, but I agree, they aren't as bad as this site thinks.

Of course Joe budden chose the wrong rapper from the wrong group to mess with. If I was him, I would challenge Rakim to an open freestyle from the top. (AND EVEN IF I WOULD WIN, I WOULD STILL BEEN SHITTED ON CUZ OF BATTLING A LEGEND...that's just how it goes)

Spectrum7glr
08-20-2009, 07:46 AM
I could care less how much money they made. Thats a question you should ask the thread starter.

Only importance to me is the music itself. If the music is great, then thats all that matters.

I was not asking the question to anybody

A number says nothing unless its compared to other numbers - this is one of the first things you learn in Finance (if you really studied business). So 18k might seem low, but when you account that only 36k was shipped - that is abnormally high. 50% of the total shippment was sold in its first week. You dont see the significance?

Jim Jones just did 40k first week with 2 videos pre-album release and a major-label backing. Fabolous had the number 1 album in the country with 99k, 2 videos, 2 internet videos, and a major-label backing...

Wu-tang did 68,000 first week on a major label with the 8-diagrams, and there is 8 of them. And because their on a major their only getting like $1.50 per record vs. $7 per record on E1...Do the math...

Read. I said marketing not Finance. And I'm comparing numbers, damn did you read my post? You're repeating yourself.

deeznutz1981
08-20-2009, 08:16 AM

exactly! close thread and lets stop entertaining these Hoey dickriderz

Ghost In The 'Lac
08-20-2009, 08:37 AM
Your assuming wrong. Chamber Music sold just over 9,000 copies first week with major label promotion.

CAN SOMEONE HURRY UP AND BAN THIS TROL???

Its pissing me off we;re having to argue your lies, Chamber Music WAS ON E1 Koch

WHICH IS THE EXACT SAME LABEL AS SLAUGHTERHOUSE YOU DUMB FUCKPISS

And it got ZERO promotion, probably about 1% of the promotion that Slaughterhouse got, not even Wu fans knew it was cmoing out until like 2 weeks before.

Meanwhile Koch have been pushing the slaughterhouse thing for MONTHS, theyve been all over blogs, theyve had dickriders spamming all the forums, theyve had beef hype, theyve been on the biggest hip hop tour (rock the bells) for like 6 months

AND they have members from all different locations in USA, but they STILL couldnt even sell 20k.

Face it, this figure is about as bad as it couldve been for them.

Mcthuggin99
08-20-2009, 10:49 AM
CAN SOMEONE HURRY UP AND BAN THIS TROL???

Its pissing me off we;re having to argue your lies, Chamber Music WAS ON E1 Koch

WHICH IS THE EXACT SAME LABEL AS SLAUGHTERHOUSE YOU DUMB FUCKPISS

And it got ZERO promotion, probably about 1% of the promotion that Slaughterhouse got, not even Wu fans knew it was cmoing out until like 2 weeks before.

Meanwhile Koch have been pushing the slaughterhouse thing for MONTHS, theyve been all over blogs, theyve had dickriders spamming all the forums, theyve had beef hype, theyve been on the biggest hip hop tour (rock the bells) for like 6 months

AND they have members from all different locations in USA, but they STILL couldnt even sell 20k.

Face it, this figure is about as bad as it couldve been for them.
thats right chamber music isnt even a certified Wu-Tang Clan group album. just a side project. and slaughterhouse had a video on mtv they did tons of interviews and where on Rock The Bells. all Rza said is chamber music coming soon in a couple of vids

TGambino
08-20-2009, 11:33 AM
they need to talk to cam about how to build a successful group in this era

http://fast1.onesite.com/community.allhiphop.com/user/djelastik/gifs/killa_cam.gif?v=84800

tical2000
08-20-2009, 01:00 PM

38 THEORY OF A DEADMAN SCARS & SOUVENIRS 12,067 12,227 -1 603,312
39 AVENTURA LAST 12,021 15,163 -21 97,544
40 VARIOUS NOW 30 11,651 14,101 -17 621,913
41 HILSON*KERI IN A PERFECT WORLD... 11,596 10,418 11 377,414
42 CURRINGTON*BILLY LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING 11,499 8,860 30 191,228
43 SUGARLAND LOVE ON THE INSIDE 11,158 10,897 2 1,682,739
44 SWIFT*TAYLOR TAYLOR SWIFT 10,799 9,966 8 4,208,064
45 INCUBUS MONUMENTS & MELODIES 10,489 15,863 -34 96,290
46 DREAM THEATER BLACK CLOUDS & SILVER LININGS 10,248 40,285 -75 50,839
47 URBAN*KEITH DEFYING GRAVITY 10,063 10,759 -6 452,360
48 FRAY*THE FRAY 9,796 9,618 2 605,277
49 WU-TANG CHAMBER MUSIC 9,548 75 999 9,623
50 BEYONCE ABOVE AND BEYONCE 9,508 10,578 -10 34,360
51 FOXX*JAMIE INTUITION 9,418 8,239 14 995,411

which is exacaly why this thread is a joke. slaughterhouse sold twice as much as wu-tang on an INDEPENDENT LABEL with 36K shipment..

but this tical2000 faggot is embarrasing himself and indirectly insulting wu-tang who hes trying to defend by speaking about business when the dude is a complete dickhead moron.

now i cant wait to see this faggots response when he sees wu-tangs chamber music soundscan that he clearly didnt know about....come on tical2000, its ok. you can show your face.

just swallow your pride. appologize. and walk away.

and please refrain from any slaughterhouse topics from now until forever.

First off, you are an absolute douchebag......trying to spin Slaughterhouse 18,000 units as good business......after all the video blogs, internet hype, beef with rappers, music video, and legions of internet douchebags, THOSE ARE SHIT RECORD SALES, DEAL WITH IT!!!!

As far as CHAMBER MUSIC doing 9,000 units, I would agree that is shit......BUT, CHamber Music is not really a "real" Wu Tang CLan album, it was kind of a side project with Rza and a band, half the tracks are like interludes......the album came out with zero promotion not on a major label, no video, no beef, and no fuckin daily video blogs.

I think the better compariosn would be to Method Man/Redman Blackout 2 in which Joe Budden said he was more relevant than Method Man, well that album sold around 59,000 copies with little promotion.

Face it, Joel Ortiz will be working at Burger King and Joe Buddens will be working at Foot Locker in no time at all....

Mcthuggin99
08-20-2009, 01:12 PM
First off, you are an absolute douchebag......trying to spin Slaughterhouse 18,000 units as good business......after all the video blogs, internet hype, beef with rappers, music video, and legions of internet douchebags, THOSE ARE SHIT RECORD SALES, DEAL WITH IT!!!!

As far as CHAMBER MUSIC doing 9,000 units, I would agree that is shit......BUT, CHamber Music is not really a "real" Wu Tang CLan album, it was kind of a side project with Rza and a band, half the tracks are like interludes......the album came out with zero promotion not on a major label, no video, no beef, and no fuckin daily video blogs.

I think the better compariosn would be to Method Man/Redman Blackout 2 in which Joe Budden said he was more relevant than Method Man, well that album sold around 59,000 copies with little promotion.

Face it, Joel Ortiz will be working at Burger King and Joe Buddens will be working at Foot Locker in no time at all....

lmao. i had never heard of joel ortiz until GTAIV. and buddens...well everyone knows him from
Pump p p pump pump p p p pump
Pump p p pump pump it up
Pump p p pump pump p pump p pump
Pump p p pump pump it up

Unicron the Agitator
08-20-2009, 01:19 PM
Being one of the 18k people who acually went out and bought the Slaughterhouse album, it is not a bad record. It is by no means a classic, but not bad. I personally expected the album to do better numbers honestly. It's not a Joe Budden album, it's a collective effort by a group of well respected emcees. Joe can't take the loss for this one as he was just 1/4 the product. Royce and Crooked alone should have been enough to move more units than this. I blame the internet itself for the lack of sales across the genre. I mean seriously, we had people on this very forum saying they refused to buy Chambermusic because it only had 8 real songs, then just downloaded it from someone else.

I know Wu-Tang has a lot more than 9000 fans, so those first week Chambermusic numbers are just reflecting the fact that most people don't pay for music anymore. I for one have to have the album in my hands. I guess I'm old school like that. I had to buy Chambermusic and Dopium and the Afro soundtrack from an actual store and listen to the actual disc. These figures are just a sign of the times.

tical2000
08-20-2009, 01:24 PM
wow, so if the Slaughterhouse album only sold 18,000 units, How many units do they expect to sell as solo artists???? 4000 units each? you can't make a living off that

I honestly think this is the end of their respective rap career's

Ghost In The 'Lac
08-20-2009, 01:27 PM
not to mention the big bugget single and video they had

angry!
08-20-2009, 01:31 PM
the slaughterhouse bandwagon is misrepresented due to the fact the cock jockeys talking about how great they are, dont even cop the album!!!

slaughterhouse is 4 emcees without established fanbases, lookin to grab one collectively.

objective failed!!!! you cant sit there and tell me a joell ortiz has an established fanbase. im being nice calling dude an industry bum!!!

ima just sitback and bask in this L though only to spite the loonies gassing sh up like a supergroup!!!

Rame
08-20-2009, 01:33 PM
wow, so if the Slaughterhouse album only sold 18,000 units, How many units do they expect to sell as solo artists???? 4000 units each? you can't make a living off that

Ever heard of live shows?

Mcthuggin99
08-20-2009, 01:36 PM
yeah thats probly the only way the less successful wu members make money nowadays

tical2000
08-20-2009, 01:52 PM

Ya but do people really want to see these 4 losers live?

6 months from now I would be shocked if these dudes in slautherhouse could fill a venue with fans.....

Wu Tang are still selling out shows because they have a great catalouge of songs and classic albums to play live......people will always want to hear these songs regardless of the new music they put out...

standout
08-20-2009, 01:56 PM
Being one of the 18k people who acually went out and bought the Slaughterhouse album, it is not a bad record. It is by no means a classic, but not bad. I personally expected the album to do better numbers honestly. It's not a Joe Budden album, it's a collective effort by a group of well respected emcees. Joe can't take the loss for this one as he was just 1/4 the product. Royce and Crooked alone should have been enough to move more units than this. I blame the internet itself for the lack of sales across the genre. I mean seriously, we had people on this very forum saying they refused to buy Chambermusic because it only had 8 real songs, then just downloaded it from someone else.

cosign

LOL. You fucking moron. You are the dumbest person i have came across in a long time.

Im gona do this once more, and never again.

Budden released his last album Padded Room in february which to date sold 31,000 independently...He gets 7 bucks a record.

Just off Padded Room that Man has made over $200,000

His Halfway House mixtape came out in October...It did digitally 3,000...
Escape route just did 1,700 first week...

Collectively they are gona do over 8,000 by the end of the year.

Thats 56,000.

Budden has made over $250,000 Just off 1 album and 2 mixtapes dropped this year.

This does not include Live Shows, which is huge...and they are about to go on tour with Tech N9ne and do some outragous number like 48 shows in 50 days or something.

This also does not include the Slaughterhouse album...

And hes scheduled to release Mood Muzik 4, and another album by the end of the year.

If i was to take a ballpark guess i would say that he grossed in over $600,000 just off music...

You cant make a living off that? Your on crack...i can bet money that half of the wu-tang aint even making those kinds of numbers anymore.

angry!
08-20-2009, 02:03 PM
cosign

LOL. You fucking moron. You are the dumbest person i have came across in a long time.

Im gona do this once more, and never again.

Budden released his last album Padded Room in february which to date sold 31,000 independently...He gets 7 bucks a record.

Just off Padded Room that Man has made over $200,000

His Halfway House mixtape came out in October...It did digitally 3,000...
Escape route just did 1,700 first week...

Collectively they are gona do over 8,000 by the end of the year.

Thats 56,000.

Budden has made over $250,000 Just off 1 album and 2 mixtapes dropped this year.

This does not include Live Shows, which is huge...and they are about to go on tour with Tech N9ne and do some outragous number like 48 shows in 50 days or something.

This also does not include the Slaughterhouse album...

And hes scheduled to release Mood Muzik 4, and another album by the end of the year.

If i was to take a ballpark guess i would say that he grossed in over $600,000 just off music...

You cant make a living off that? Your on crack...i can bet money that half of the wu-tang aint even making those kinds of numbers anymore.

what are you buddens accountant!?!?!?

get off his dick son why you so concerned about how long someone elses money is!?!?

i find it sad you go to those lengths to defend another mans situation!!!

straight salon shop nigga!! HOOOMOOOOOOO

Rode Block
08-20-2009, 02:07 PM

Co-Sign.

standout
08-20-2009, 02:14 PM
what are you buddens accountant!?!?!?

get off his dick son why you so concerned about how long someone elses money is!?!?

straight salon shop nigga!! HOOOMOOOOOOO

Ok. So if me putting out factual information into a discussion thatís based on money (look at the title kiddo) is "homo"...then what does that make the people here that put out fraudulent information into the same discussion in an attempt to throw hate at a group of men that are clearly experiencing success?

Better yet, what does that make people who actually took the time to maneuver their mouse and click onto a thread that they apparently have no interest in but simply with the intention to cherry pick people who are there to have a discussion? (i.e. you)

What does that make them?

standout
08-20-2009, 02:21 PM
P.S. - for the sake of the discussion, keep in mind that i did not make this thread. I did not speak on anyones money, success, or living standards, until it was brought to attention by other people - notably tical2000.

All i did was debate a statement. Thats what message boards are for.

So next time someone tries to insult me for liking slaughterhouse - then insult me for liking slaughterhouse. But dont try to throw some corny shit at me and ignore that fact that all im doing is debating a statement someone else made. If you dont like a general statement or topic..then attack the person that made that statement or topic, not me.

Unicron the Agitator
08-20-2009, 02:30 PM
P.S. - for the sake of the discussion, keep in mind that i did not make this thread. I did not speak on anyones money, success, or living standards, until it was brought to attention by other people - notably tical2000.

All i did was debate a statement. Thats what message boards are for.

So next time someone tries to insult me for liking slaughterhouse - then insult me for liking slaughterhouse. But dont try to throw some corny shit at me and ignore that fact that all im doing is debating a statement someone else made. If you dont like a general statement or topic..then attack the person that made that statement or topic, not me.

Don't let it get to you, son. There are those on this board that just feed off of confrontation. It's a pissing contest coded with 1's and 0's.

Ghost In The 'Lac
08-20-2009, 03:02 PM
the fact stays that slaughterhouse are just doing music and rhymes that inspectah deck was doing way better and way back in fucking '97 and earlier.

They are just clones. Weak clones.

Slaughterhouse and rappers like that got their WHOLE STEE all from Deck. Deck is a fucking giant influence on all these wannabeez.

Yo, aiyyo my rap style swing like Willie Mays
My eyes Purple Haze, my solar razor burn through shades
My grenades raid the airwaves, catch this rap page
I glide like, hovercrafts on the Everglades
Boom master, with the faster blade, track slasher
Manufacture poems to microphones, bones fracture
Limited edition composition spark friction
non-fiction, the calm bomb keep your arm distant
Zero tolerance, dominant intelligence
Wu original, true colors step from the melanin
The most high, most try, to get close by
and overthrow I, but choke, with they hopes up high
I circulate the tri-state and vibrate beyond the Richter
Flies sense to flock when they spot this live nigga
The crowd seducer black your third eye before I lose ya
Verbal high I leave stars in the eyes of Medusa
Top ten, parley like Cochran, it's often
narrow margin, of your odds to dodge the marksman
Murder rap, kill you soft like Roberta Flack
Words attack like a british bulldog, observe the stacks

^^^

This is basically what they are all striving to sound like. Whats really sad is that they either dont even know it, or are happy to be dissen flagrantly the very founders and creators of their own shit.

The problem is they dont have the clarity, innovativness, or variation of their Gods, the Wu Tang. Slaughterhouse are wack offspring, but these sort of groups are only possible in 2009 because of the success of Wu Tang.

CPH Link
08-20-2009, 03:19 PM

Ok you study business, we get it:thumbup:
So do I, and your argument hold no water what so ever. What it has to do with studiyng business is beyond me, its simple mathematics, nothing else! 18K is 18K no matter what. Are you telling me thay would sell twice as much if the shipment was twice as big??? I dont think so. Theyre a niche group, they have a certain fanbase with a certain size, thats it. And bwt 1600 copies is weak (and here you cant use the shipment excuse lol).
Honestly you must go to some kind of grocery school, dont act like you Donald Trump because you can divide numbers.

KERZO
08-20-2009, 03:39 PM
too much bullshit to read but here's my two frickin cents anyway...

I guess getting punched in the face is not good for record sales!!!!!

on the contrary, the face slap probably got him the 18k sales...and thats 18k sales too many IMO

i dnt give a fuck this slaughterhouse vs wutang beef or w/e is fucking stupid...rae needs to face buddens 1 v 1 and lose and get it over with...

wtf...who got slapped then apologized on da interwebz wearing an icewater scarf..you fuckin stupid or somethin?

Slaughterhouse may never build an empire anything close to what Wu-Tang has.. *agreed*
Slaughterhouse may not develop more classics than Wu-Tang. *agreed*
Slaughterhouse may never single-handedly change the entire Hip-Hop industry like Wu.. *agreed*

BUT..

Right now..

Nigga STFU, you even heard the 'staten go hard mixtape'?? that mixtape shitted on joe's entire album and it aint even a main release.

http://a780.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/18/l_4935ae628b026ac335b6a77d32334e2b.jpg

Rame
08-20-2009, 04:04 PM
Who slapped Budden and when/why?

ShaolinDarts
08-20-2009, 04:45 PM
You can talk business study's all you want but fact - Budden disrespected Meth by saying he is irrelevant but Budden's group sold much less than Meth and Red.

Fair enough that Budden did apologise to Meth for saying it but at the end of the day he put it out there. Independent vs major is a defunct argument because Budden strived to be on the very label that Meth has been on his whole career. I have heard all of Buddens catalogue and his def jam album shows just how he compromised (compared to his other albums/mixtapes/material) so saying Def Jam vs other labels is an argument is bullshit.

Meth (and Red too) has faced that pressure all his career but Budden only faced it for one album and folded. That says alot about this whole '18k on independent is better than BO2 on major label sales' just doesn't hold weight. Major labels recruits major rappers and Budden wanted to be one of them. For his fans to now turn around and say thats a bad thing is just pure bitterness.

DRUNKENDRAGON
08-20-2009, 05:15 PM
The beats on slaughterhouse are straight booty, making the shit unlistenable to me. Fuck em.

The Prime Sithesizah
08-20-2009, 05:28 PM
Really, Fermi?.. Staten Go Hard mixtape over Padded Room? VERSE for VERSE? How often do you see people relating to Raekwon more than Joe Budden? If people had to select between these two' catalogues to live with the rest of their lives, I can almost PROMISE more people are gonna choose Joe Budden. Why? Because he's more versatile and touches more topics. OB4CL2 has been waited on for like forever, meanwhile, Joe Budden is hardly disappointing with his recent releases. Deny the fact all you want. Go through most topics about Raekwon's recent single releases and you'll see LOADS of negative feedback. Some people dont even care about that album anymore because they're hearing weak material. IMO.. this whole discussion is biased. Its on a Wu-Tang website, so people here are gonna feel some kind of way. These fans are gonna wanna believe that Raekwon is still the same Chef from over 10 years ago. NOBODY UP HERE would be talking wreckless if it was a supergroup like Big Daddy Kane, Rakim, Kool G Rap and Masta Ace.. and G Rap being the nigga that got punched in the face. More of you wouldn't be supportive of Wu afterward and would've seen it the same way.. like.. how Raekwon is the "LEGEND" in this case.. G Rap being more the "LEGEND" in that case would've had a case-load of you dickridin G Rap and saying "Fuck Raekwon" right now..

It took ONE PERSONAL opinion to make thousands of fans hate ONE MAN thats ALWAYS speaking his mind, whether people like it or not.. thats sad!! All Meth and Joe had to do was collab and see who outshined who, let the listeners decide.

Explain to me how Slaughterhouse isnt doing better than Wu-Tang Clan TODAY? Lets not confuse the 93 - 97 Wu-Tang for the modern Wu-Tang. Chamber Music was dope but line for line, not quite with the Slaughterhouse debut.

Ghost In The 'Lac
08-20-2009, 05:35 PM
VERSE for VERSE? How often do you see people relating to Raekwon more than Joe Budden? If people had to select between these two' catalogues to live with the rest of their lives, I can almost PROMISE more people are gonna choose Joe Budden. Why? Because he's more versatile and touches more topics. .

ah smell PUSSSaaaaaYYYYYY!

read the title dickscrunch, ONLY BUILT FOR CUBAN LINX NIGGAZ WHO HOLD WEIGHT

He doesnt fuckgin WANT to "emotional connect" with a pussy emo faggot like you!!

and when i want music i can "emotionally connect" with, im certainly not gonna pick fucking JOE BUDDEN's clown ass to do it with.

angry!
08-20-2009, 05:38 PM
i cant believe the amount of effort some faggots will put in to defending wack niggas!!!

i didnt ride out like that for rappers i idolized when i was a lil dude!!!

pathetic!!!!

The Prime Sithesizah
08-20-2009, 05:41 PM
ah smell PUSSSaaaaaYYYYYY!

read the title dickscrunch, ONLY BUILT FOR CUBAN LINX NIGGAZ WHO HOLD WEIGHT

He doesnt fuckgin WANT to "emotional connect" with a pussy emo faggot like you!!

and when i want music i can "emotionally connect" with, im certainly not gonna pick fucking JOE BUDDEN's clown ass to do it with.

It doesn't have to be "emotional connect".. that album was a STREET/WORLD classic album. Im not surprised YOU'RE trying to make a case, most of the threads you're involved in, you RARELY make sense and get the point across.. which is why you feel the need to call others "faggot" about everything.. its the iNet, B.. stop catching feelings lol.. damnn.

ITS ... ONLY... OPINIONS! If Raekwon is the better lyricist in your eyes, so be it.. lol..

DRUNKENDRAGON
08-20-2009, 05:46 PM
It doesn't have to be "emotional connect".. that album was a STREET/WORLD classic album. Im not surprised YOU'RE trying to make a case, most of the threads you're involved in, you RARELY make sense and get the point across.. which is why you feel the need to call others "faggot" about everything.. its the iNet, B.. stop catching feelings lol.. damnn.

ITS ... ONLY... OPINIONS! If Raekwon is the better lyricist in your eyes, so be it.. lol..

Coming from a person such as yourself that makes the type of beats you make, no offense or disrespect intended, you should be laughing at this slaughterhouse shit.

The Prime Sithesizah
08-20-2009, 05:50 PM
Coming from a person such as yourself that makes the type of beats you make, no offense or disrespect intended, you should be laughing at this slaughterhouse shit.

Comparing them to Wu-Tang in general, it's a MASSIVE joke to me.. lmao.. the beef. the fans ridiculous statements. etc.. all Im saying is that, lyrically.. until the next Wu album.. Slaughterhouse outdid them compared to Chamber Music.. people are not taking heed.. I never said Slaughterhouse is GREATER but the better team as for modern time, jus weak beats on the album (nobody can deny that).

RAW-TASTE
08-20-2009, 06:01 PM
Really, Fermi?.. Staten Go Hard mixtape over Padded Room? VERSE for VERSE? How often do you see people relating to Raekwon more than Joe Budden? If people had to select between these two' catalogues to live with the rest of their lives, I can almost PROMISE more people are gonna choose Joe Budden. Why? Because he's more versatile and touches more topics. OB4CL2 has been waited on for like forever, meanwhile, Joe Budden is hardly disappointing with his recent releases. Deny the fact all you want. Go through most topics about Raekwon's recent single releases and you'll see LOADS of negative feedback. Some people dont even care about that album anymore because they're hearing weak material. IMO.. this whole discussion is biased. Its on a Wu-Tang website, so people here are gonna feel some kind of way. These fans are gonna wanna believe that Raekwon is still the same Chef from over 10 years ago. NOBODY UP HERE would be talking wreckless if it was a supergroup like Big Daddy Kane, Rakim, Kool G Rap and Masta Ace.. and G Rap being the nigga that got punched in the face. More of you wouldn't be supportive of Wu afterward and would've seen it the same way.. like.. how Raekwon is the "LEGEND" in this case.. G Rap being more the "LEGEND" in that case would've had a case-load of you dickridin G Rap and saying "Fuck Raekwon" right now..

It took ONE PERSONAL opinion to make thousands of fans hate ONE MAN thats ALWAYS speaking his mind, whether people like it or not.. thats sad!! All Meth and Joe had to do was collab and see who outshined who, let the listeners decide.

Explain to me how Slaughterhouse isnt doing better than Wu-Tang Clan TODAY? Lets not confuse the 93 - 97 Wu-Tang for the modern Wu-Tang. Chamber Music was dope but line for line, not quite with the Slaughterhouse debut.

i would understand if most of u buttonfagz would be with 'wu isnt what they used to be' they should leave it at that and they wouldnt get mocked. but when you fags bring in the 'slaughterhouse is the hottest/best right now and is better than wu'....that's just false dickriding. which part of that slaughterhouse album is a "classic" or "amazing" how u fans call it, i listened to it, i don't see anything special...sure theres a few hot verses here and there but the production on that shit alone is dimebag quality, there's nothing that stands out bout them whether it be their flow or their voice, just 4 "ok/mediocre" mixtape rappers on a regular average joe album, if you replaced one of them with another decent mixtape rapper you wouldn't even notice a difference. that's what i mean, what is slaughterhouse bringing to the game that makes them so SPECIAL and "THE HOTTEST"? nothing. i would rather listen to chamber music than that wannabe mainstream slaughterhouse shit with gimmick ass cheap beats, even the guestlist on chambermusic>slaughterhouse

you're right, no one would be talking shit because most of us who love rae loves g rap and the such just as much. and if g rap said he can pass method man lyrically, he would have a valid point, and they are both legends so it wouldn't even be disrespect. i would go to the neutral side if that happened becaues rae and g rap are both legends that deserves respect. but the thing is...IS BUTTON G RAP?and im sure rae wouldnt go and disrespect a man like kool g rap, nor will a man like g rap ever say somethin like that to create a buzz cuz he dont need to, unlike button. puttin g rap in place of button is just stupid, cuz their background, their reputation, their music catalog, and what they did for hiphop and how respected they are , are on a complete different level. g rap is a legend from way back, button is a nobody who couldnt blow up and got dropped of def jam after a single album.

The Prime Sithesizah
08-20-2009, 06:08 PM
i would understand if most of u buttonfagz would be with 'wu isnt what they used to be' they should leave it at that and they wouldnt get mocked. but when you fags bring in the 'slaughterhouse is the hottest/best right now and is better than wu'....that's just false dickriding. which part of that slaughterhouse album is a "classic" or "amazing" how u fans call it, i listened to it, i don't see anything special...sure theres a few hot verses here and there but the production on that shit alone is dimebag quality, there's nothing that stands out bout them whether it be their flow or their voice, just 4 "ok/mediocre" mixtape rappers on a regular average joe album, if you replaced one of them with another decent mixtape rapper you wouldn't even notice a difference. that's what i mean, what is slaughterhouse bringing to the game that makes them so SPECIAL and "THE HOTTEST"? nothing. i would rather listen to chamber music than that wannabe mainstream slaughterhouse shit with gimmick ass cheap beats, even the guestlist on chambermusic>slaughterhouse

you're right, no one would be talking shit because most of us who love rae loves g rap and the such just as much. and if g rap said he can pass method man lyrically, he would have a valid point, and they are both legends so it wouldn't even be disrespect. i would go to the neutral side if that happened becaues rae and g rap are both legends that deserves respect. but the thing is...IS BUTTON G RAP?and im sure rae wouldnt go and disrespect a man like kool g rap, nor will a man like g rap ever say somethin like that to create a buzz cuz he dont need to, unlike button. puttin g rap in place of button is just stupid, cuz their background, their reputation, their music catalog, and what they did for hiphop and how respected they are , are on a complete different level. g rap is a legend from way back, button is a nobody who couldnt blow up and got dropped of def jam after a single album.

Neither album was all that "amazing" to say the least, its just.. personally, I felt the Slaughterhouse album more (and it kinda came off like a mixtape in a way) because it was a little more entertaining.. IMO.... because I was a lyricist and stopped writing to produce music now. But I respect your opinion and point of view..

DRUNKENDRAGON
08-20-2009, 06:12 PM
The problems with Wu fans enjoying the slaughterhouse album was compounded even further when Memory Man released Cuban Revolution. It SHITS GIGANTIC TURDS all over the slaughterhouse album. There's not a chance in hell a Wu fan is gonna big up slaughterhouse at this moment in time.

main_man
08-20-2009, 07:20 PM
the album is dope. and they really had no, and i mean no, promotion whatsoever.

i mean, just cause its on wu-corp doesnt mean anybody else even is aware of any "beefs" or anything. and hip hop heads on the internet download all their albums anyway.

but honestly, 32,000 pressed and shipped. 18,000 sold. thats good business. honestly. they damn sure didnt brick. they aint setting the world on fire, but they did not brick either.
one of the better albums out right now. and they are all 4 mc's who can spit.

standout
08-20-2009, 07:53 PM
Ok you study business, we get it:thumbup:
So do I, and your argument hold no water what so ever. What it has to do with studiyng business is beyond me, its simple mathematics, nothing else! 18K is 18K no matter what. Are you telling me thay would sell twice as much if the shipment was twice as big??? I dont think so. Theyre a niche group, they have a certain fanbase with a certain size, thats it. And bwt 1600 copies is weak (and here you cant use the shipment excuse lol).
Honestly you must go to some kind of grocery school, dont act like you Donald Trump because you can divide numbers.

First off, what 1600 dollar shippment are you talking about? I have a feeling that your reffering to the 1700 digital downloads of buddens mixtape.

Which is not a shippment. You cant ship a "download". Downloads you download from the internet and pay for them on the internet. Now im starting to feel like im teaching people how to use the computer.

Second, you said 18k is 18k. Fair enough.

But 18k is being compared to what?
18k can be great, and 18k can be a flop. Slaughterhouse did no where near a flop.
If a million cds were produced, backed by a major, and the shit did 18k...thats is not a
good look.

But if 36,000 are shipped, on an independent label, and 18k are sold first week...thats good business!

No one has to recoup a dime. It means that everyone went to the bank.

Now - everybody knows whos album drops September 8, 2009. Wel see how those numbers look like.

standout
08-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Comparing them to Wu-Tang in general, it's a MASSIVE joke to me.. lmao.. the beef. the fans ridiculous statements. etc.. all Im saying is that, lyrically.. until the next Wu album.. Slaughterhouse outdid them compared to Chamber Music.. people are not taking heed.. I never said Slaughterhouse is GREATER but the better team as for modern time, jus weak beats on the album (nobody can deny that).

I agree. Its just that 90% of the people on this board that are arguing what your saying are people who never heard any slaughterhouse music, or heard it with their biased ears.

What i really dont understand is when some of these cornballs call them "wack"..

How can you even call this wack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7vkZ9MYXu8

Monkdude
08-20-2009, 08:40 PM
motherufcking, it's good business because the label didn't have enough confidence in the slaughterhouse brand name to ship more than 36,000 fucking copies. you might be a college freshman trying to get his associates degree at some shitty community college but who gives A FUCK about business right now you stupid mother fucking clown. STOP saying joe budden makes 7 dollars an album you fucking idiot NO ONE even on an indy is pulling in 7 dollars an album. you really think joe budden cleared 200k in straight cash from his stupid piece of shit padded room? jesus christ... good business by the label, BECAUSE THEY UNDERSTOOD no one wanted to buy the fucking album! are you fans of slaughterhouse, or Koch? dumb fucking asshole going to come on this forum and talk about BUSINESS like he's a genius and so is budden... raekwon was on the MAIN STAGE at RTB BY HIMSELF while the slaughterhouse clowns rocked the PAID DUES STAGE WITH ALL 4 OF THEM? WHO MAKES more cash now, honestly? fucking idiot, get off the forum...

Monkdude
08-20-2009, 08:43 PM
I agree. Its just that 90% of the people on this board that are arguing what your saying are people who never heard any slaughterhouse music, or heard it with their biased ears.

What i really dont understand is when some of these cornballs call them "wack"..

song is alright, autotune is wack, joe buddens VOICE IS SO FUCKING ANNOYING IT KILLS THE TRACK i had to turn that shit off

Monkdude
08-20-2009, 08:47 PM
it really is funny how mad you must get at these topics though. nerdy ass homo slaughterhouse fan who browses wu tang forums to get mad at some shit. i can just imagine you reading this shit and wanting to punch a hole in the wall. pussy faggot no one cares about joe budden.. crooked is dope, royce is alright, joell is almost as annoying as joe

Sinistarr
08-20-2009, 09:36 PM

this is true... this is a compliation, not an LP.

compare Slaughterhouse to 8 Diagrams... 8 Diagrams sold almost 70,000 copies first week compared to Slaughterhouse selling 18,000

then Meth & Red clearing 57,000 or something similar to Buddens 1,700

Pro Tools & Digi Snacks even killed Budden

DRUNKENDRAGON
08-20-2009, 10:55 PM

That is wack.

adrianoter
08-21-2009, 01:50 AM
Its almost as embarrasing as their name. "Slaughterhouse".

Ok you realise youve named yourself after a place that puts down cows, pigs, chickens for farms and stuff? Whats exactly so cool and clever about that?

Not only that its just a fucking pathetic name LOL

Their whole thing is just fisher price hip hop-by-numbers generic manufactured crap. Which is why it hasnt caught anyones attention other than people that havent been listening to hip hop for more than 2 years.

"Slaughterhouse"??? Really?? That names just fucking gay. Its honestly the sort of name you'd expect 14 year olds to come up with as a "dope new hip hop name" for their new group.

Anyway,.

Wow lmao.

the album is pretty boring, they need to step to wu on a lyrical level or its just meaningless lyrics on that whole album, they "lyrical murderers" yeah right, rae said it best "they throwin butterknifes"

standout
08-21-2009, 02:29 AM
motherufcking, it's good business because the label didn't have enough confidence in the slaughterhouse brand name to ship more than 36,000 fucking copies. you might be a college freshman trying to get his associates degree at some shitty community college but who gives A FUCK about business right now you stupid mother fucking clown.

First of all - and this is me being respectful - suck dick.

Second - im not at no community college. Im studying in Canada at a university that got ranked top 10 in the country for their econ/bus program...im not no idiot. Why is it cool to attack slaughterhouse but not cool to defend them on this board? stop being biased. Attack the thread starter who brought this into view.

And once again - suck dick.

it really is funny how mad you must get at these topics though. nerdy ass homo slaughterhouse fan who browses wu tang forums to get mad at some shit.

not mad at all. im here being civilized. go visit jbtv and see how many wu corp people are there flooding the board with childish shit.

You too can suck a dick though.

this is true... this is a compliation, not an LP.

compare Slaughterhouse to 8 Diagrams... 8 Diagrams sold almost 70,000 copies first week compared to Slaughterhouse selling 18,000

then Meth & Red clearing 57,000 or something similar to Buddens 1,700

Pro Tools & Digi Snacks even killed Budden

8 diagrams was backed by Universal. Meth and Red are on Def Jam.

The budden tape is a digital MIXTAPE on amalgam...its not an album.

suck dick for being a hater and commenting anyways though

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-21-2009, 05:07 AM
forget these wu stans already man, most of them are straight up retarded

tical2000
08-21-2009, 05:09 AM
Joe Budden and other 3 losers in Slaughterhouse are in a hotel room somewhere crying....

STANDOUT is infront of a computer somewhere calculating projected profit margins of future Joe Budden releases when he moves 3,000 units.....

Face it, Joe Budden's will soon be spending his days working at Foot Locker and spending his nights working at the local kentucky Fried Chicken....(in his mind though, while he cooks chicken, he will be thinking, I sure did not make much money off the Slaughterhouse album, but man those profit margins were fantastic....")

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-21-2009, 05:12 AM
^^^^with comments like that u ain't better than those Joe Budden fans or Fifty fans

DUMBO
08-21-2009, 05:30 AM

Second - im not at no community college. Im studying in Canada at a university that got ranked top 10 in the country for their econ/bus program...im not no idiot. Why is it cool to attack slaughterhouse but not cool to defend them on this board? stop being biased. Attack the thread starter who brought this into view.

not mad at all. im here being civilized. go visit jbtv and see how many wu corp people are there flooding the board with childish shit.

being top 10 in Canada doesn't mean much there are only about 20 universities of any real size.

CPH Link
08-21-2009, 08:21 AM
First off, what 1600 dollar shippment are you talking about? I have a feeling that your reffering to the 1700 digital downloads of buddens mixtape.

Which is not a shippment. You cant ship a "download". Downloads you download from the internet and pay for them on the internet. Now im starting to feel like im teaching people how to use the computer.

Second, you said 18k is 18k. Fair enough.

But 18k is being compared to what?
18k can be great, and 18k can be a flop. Slaughterhouse did no where near a flop.
If a million cds were produced, backed by a major, and the shit did 18k...thats is not a
good look.

But if 36,000 are shipped, on an independent label, and 18k are sold first week...thats good business!

No one has to recoup a dime. It means that everyone went to the bank.

Now - everybody knows whos album drops September 8, 2009. Wel see how those numbers look like.

Wow you really are stupid. Of course im referring to the downloads and my point was exactly that there is no shipment!!! So you cant use the same lame excuse as youre using on the Slaughterhouse album. And apparently the stores didnt order a big amount of records, which in itself, is a flop.
Maybe they didnt lose money on this record, but they damn sure didnt make much out of it. If you cant see that I suggest you get your money back from whatever school you go to. They clearly made money on touring. lol

CPH Link
08-21-2009, 08:24 AM
And dont forget that Meth's last album did about 80.000 the first week with no video or promotion what s ever. Major label or not, he shits all over Budden.
And for the record I like the Slaughterhouse album a lot. Still it was a flop salewise.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-21-2009, 08:42 AM
also Method Man used to be Platinum, so I don't see why should you diss anybody when your favourite lost a lot of attention =)

-IrOnBuLL-
08-21-2009, 09:43 AM
slaughterhouse = 18k sold held number 26 on the board
joe budden by himself = less than 2k sold. DIDNT EVEN MAKE THE 200 CHART

like i said before joe budden lost

n brung his "seem-to-be-skillfull" crew down with him!

-OUT-

standout
08-21-2009, 11:18 AM
Wow you really are stupid. Of course im referring to the downloads and my point was exactly that there is no shipment!!! So you cant use the same lame excuse as youre using on the Slaughterhouse album.

Albums/Mixtapes that are released digitally never sell much. On top of that, joe budden's mixtape came out the same day as the slaughterhouse album. He was competing with himself. And you need to understand that its a mixtape...a mixtape. not an album. a m-i-x-t-a-p-e...no promotion goes into producing mixtapes. They announced the release date on august 10th, and it came out on august 11th. this is because its not an important project...

But, all in all, Rae has an album coming out in september. I hope he does well, but something tells me his numbers are gonna be sad to look at.

Ghost In The 'Lac
08-21-2009, 01:04 PM
standout is infront of a computer somewhere calculating projected profit margins of future joe budden releases when he moves 3,000 units.....

lol

angry!
08-21-2009, 01:33 PM
standout you sound like you wanna hold hands with joe!!!

its disturbing as all fuck youre this passionate about ANYONE let alone a low level rap bum!!!

faggot nigga writing essays in defense, with white knuckles breaking out into sweats when someone attacks his emotional wingman!!!!

you need to be put in a hospital you loon go over medicate you faggot!!!!

KERZO
08-21-2009, 02:53 PM
ok before i reply, lets make one thing clear and im sure you will all agree...

everyone has personal opinion/taste. one person might like the sound of rae/wu and another might like joe/daughterhouse.

but joe stans try and prove that slaughterhouse are something that they aint. they are like a watered down fake ass version of the wu.

i never really bothered about dissing joe until i saw the black eye then it dawned that he's a bullshittin motherfucker...apologizing for getting slapped is fucked up in anyones books uness they're a pussy or cock-jockey.

now lets breakdown this bitchsnatches reply...

Really, Fermi?.. Staten Go Hard mixtape over Padded Room? VERSE for VERSE?
yup..im my own personal opinion.

Because he's more versatile and touches more topics.
he lies about how rough he is and got slapped for it..niggas a bitch-made retard.

OB4CL2 has been waited on for like forever, meanwhile, Joe Budden is hardly disappointing with his recent releases.
yeah and how many mixtapes has rae released. rae makes raw/real tunes for his listeners. joe just raps about what he thinks will get him noticed, he's fame hunting and thats why he's wackity wack.

These fans are gonna wanna believe that Raekwon is still the same Chef from over 10 years ago. NOBODY UP HERE would be talking wreckless if it was a supergroup like Big Daddy Kane, Rakim, Kool G Rap and Masta Ace.. and G Rap being the nigga that got punched in the face.
ok, you tell me once when wu has been compromised...aint nobody fuck wit the wu...end of.

It took ONE PERSONAL opinion to make thousands of fans hate ONE MAN thats ALWAYS speaking his mind, whether people like it or not.. thats sad!!
he aint hard to hate..you just have to listen to his corny ass tracks ffs.

Explain to me how Slaughterhouse isnt doing better than Wu-Tang Clan TODAY?
because wu-tang is more than a rap group..slaughterhouse aint shit now or never

Lets not confuse the 93 - 97 Wu-Tang for the modern Wu-Tang. Chamber Music was dope but line for line, not quite with the Slaughterhouse debut.
hahahahahahaha i can accept you might like em but if slaughter fuck with any of the wu..they'll get bitchslapped. last year you would have said yeah right but look at what happened.

and weak rhymes...

Neither album was all that "amazing" to say the least, its just.. personally, I felt the Slaughterhouse album more (and it kinda came off like a mixtape in a way) because it was a little more entertaining.. IMO.... because I was a lyricist and stopped writing to produce music now. But I respect your opinion and point of view..
joe budden is a fuckin shit lyricist..end of.

you sure like to suck dick eh son?

forget these wu stans already man, most of them are straight up retarded

wera are you for real?hahahha

my last quote about this is let joe budden keep his shitty fans and leave us wu-heads to enjoy some decent rap.

Wu-Tang is forever.joe will be forgotten. just remember that.

http://www.ryanalewis.com/blog/MI/PICS_04092009/wu-tang_clan.jpg

Mcthuggin99
08-21-2009, 03:00 PM
wu tang is forever remembered with this
http://fast1.onesite.com/community.allhiphop.com/user/starkeylove/284c14622890a0de883031a4335106b7.gif?v=107904

where's the gif of dave chappelle throwing up the slaughter house logo? oh wait they dont got one

Durag
08-21-2009, 03:06 PM
Joe Budden > Hip-hop

KERZO
08-21-2009, 03:49 PM
Slaughterhouse's hand signal is this i think...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/123/317834864_dcd313e99c.jpg?v=0

it's known tha world over dontchaknow?

standout
08-21-2009, 04:39 PM
standout you sound like you wanna hold hands with joe!!!

its disturbing as all fuck youre this passionate about ANYONE let alone a low level rap bum!!!

faggot nigga writing essays in defense, with white knuckles breaking out into sweats when someone attacks his emotional wingman!!!!

you need to be put in a hospital you loon go over medicate you faggot!!!!

what makes u think im stressing? your responses are filled with derogatory terms and exclamation marks.

im worried about you. and im worried about the other 90% of people replying in this thread sounding like they cant sleep at night every time slaughterhouse gets featured in a magazine, or gets a great review written about them.

The epitome of the word "haters" describes every other slaughterhouse post made on this board.

You guys are so jealous and envious that your blood pressure is probably roof-high every time a slaughterhouse record gets played on the radio.

but, im getting called crazy for being a fan and taking part in a thread that was made by someone else? right.

But the people in wu choose to hate the only group in recent years that is bridging the gap and bringing real hiphop back to the forefront. instead of supporting what they are doing your here hating - mad that wu isnt getting praised as the best anymore because other younger people in the industry surpassed them on every level musically possible.

Wutang are legends...well some of them. notably ghost, rza, gza, and meth. they are legends..raekwon i guess is half a legend. i mean OB4CL is classic but it wasent really a solo album since he only had 1 solo song on it....and funny thing is ghost also had a solo song on it.

But fuck it. il still give it to him...il say hes 63% of a legend.

So yes - wu tang for the most part are legends, and the group is legendary. But give it up - Stop living in the past. hiphop has a whole bunch of new faces that can do everything wu tang can do, do more that wu tang cant, and do it better.

im not saying stop supporting wu tang - that would be dumb. cuz i support wu tang....im just saying stop living in the wu-mentality and open your brains new hiphop too. Everyone has to hang up the flag eventually. and some of these old wu heads are talking like they are still that shit - when they are not. they cant make that type of music anymore that they used to.

At this present moment - you are being delusional if you dont think that anyone in slaughterhouse wouldnt rip anyone in wu tang in half bar-for-bar on a verse. They dont have the legacy. The dont have the cateloge. They certainly will never have the impact. But TODAY, they cant be touched. and if you disagree thats fine. but if you disagree and say some corny shit like "you dont know shit faggot!!! wu tang is forever!!! slaughterhouse is wack!!!", then i think deep down its probably just kiling you cuz you know the truth.

You know what they say - truth hurts.

tical2000
08-22-2009, 03:42 AM
Honestly what's the deal with the Slaughterhouse album.....dudes are getting so butt-hurt over it flopping and making up excusses

IT AIN'T THAT GOOD

the beats are shitty, and these 4 losers are not interesting to care enough about.......no charisma and corny lyrics in my opinion......the first two singles sucked "The One" and "Cuckoo"???? Do you guys actually like to listen to these songs??? I listened to the album a couple times and deleted it off my harddrive....it's really mediocre and *yawn* kinda borring.....Adding 4 losers to one album does not make a great album. 4x zero = zero

Joe Budden making a fool out of himself with the Wu-Tang Clan did not help their album sales at all.....it hurt their album sales. Although Joe Budden is fun to laugh at, especially after dude video blogs after getting punched in the face.

If I was the dudes in Slaughterhouse, I would seriously lose Joe Buddens, that guy is a walking, breathing L who stinks up everything in proximity he is associated with, they should call Papoose or Saigon to join the group instead.

Give it 3 weeks and everyone will have forgotten about Slaughterhouse

The only person who will remember Slaughterhouse is Crooked I who has the mispelled tattoo....

The Hound
08-22-2009, 04:21 AM
Slaughterhouse pushed 22,255

Haha Wu Stans are the funniest, when Killah Priest barely moves 3 digits that's when record sales mean shit, people applaud RZA for shifting about 5,000 or whatever and GZA is making record sales at 13,000...Slaughterhouse at 22,000 are shifting more than most Wu releases so I don't know where the L comes into it and Blackout 2 sellin 59,000 or whatever it was ON A MAJOR LABEL is fucking weak and the same people talking up 59,000 on Def Jam are the same people who were saying G Unit's 200,000+ on Interscope was terrible, GTFO.

Face it, your love/hate for Joe Budden has you disrespecting yourself. The Slaughterhouse hate is purely Joe Budden hate and nothing more - Joe Budden this, Joe Budden that, Joe Budden's wack, Joe Budden's a clown...go check before the Budden/Meth shit hardly anybody but the regular douche bags were hatin now every stan got their panties in a twist.

The Prime Sithesizah
08-22-2009, 06:29 AM
Slaughterhouse pushed 22,255

Haha Wu Stans are the funniest, when Killah Priest barely moves 3 digits that's when record sales mean shit, people applaud RZA for shifting about 5,000 or whatever and GZA is making record sales at 13,000...Slaughterhouse at 22,000 are shifting more than most Wu releases so I don't know where the L comes into it and Blackout 2 sellin 59,000 or whatever it was ON A MAJOR LABEL is fucking weak and the same people talking up 59,000 on Def Jam are the same people who were saying G Unit's 200,000+ on Interscope was terrible, GTFO.

Face it, your love/hate for Joe Budden has you disrespecting yourself. The Slaughterhouse hate is purely Joe Budden hate and nothing more - Joe Budden this, Joe Budden that, Joe Budden's wack, Joe Budden's a clown...go check before the Budden/Meth shit hardly anybody but the regular douche bags were hatin now every stan got their panties in a twist.

WELL SAID.. and Im a fan of both.. this post right here deads this thread lmao.. werrdd

-IrOnBuLL-
08-22-2009, 08:11 AM
red/meth still did better than the slaughterhouse.
joe budden took the L because he talked about meth not bein relevent
then he himself didnt make it to the chartz. lol thatz a big downfall on joe's part

-IrOnBuLL-
08-22-2009, 08:24 AM
n eversince the joe/meth situation
the word STAN have been used alot often now lol
used more than "dickz" or some otherz

funny but truth

Spectrum7glr
08-22-2009, 08:56 AM
Fat Joe last album sold twice as much as them.
And 50 Cent made a video crying because he was dead.
True the last solos of the Wu sold less. That's fact. But let's see in 20 years if any of them 4 is able to move 3 units

TGambino
08-22-2009, 12:42 PM
meth ghost and rae easily moved & gonna move more than that 'super group' album...and they dont have any internet warriors outside of this site like buddens do....for real if you based real life buzz off internet buzz then slaughterhouse shoulda gone plat by now....but this aint real life its the net

http://www.ugo.com/movies/david-cronenberg/images/videodrome1.jpg

tical2000
08-24-2009, 04:00 AM
http://img34.imagefra.me/img/img34/2/8/9/mcatt66/f_32o973jm_b7ac2c1.jpg (http://imagefra.me/)