PDA

View Full Version : Slaughterhouse being compared to Bone Thugs

Mcthuggin99
08-20-2009, 03:36 PM
here is the link to the slaughterhouse cd review:
http://www.thekoalition.com/slaughte...-album-review/ (http://www.thekoalition.com/slaughterhouse-slaughterhouse-album-review/)

here is the excerpt from the review:

The triumphant horns backing “Sound Off” signal a new age, the arrival of the Voltron Crew. Nickle Nine leads off, as each member introduces themselves while explaining the construction of the Slaughterhouse machine before momentum picks up and each emcee proceeds to bury the record with rapid-fire, double-time flows (Joell exhibiting a blistering flow, rivaling those of even the legendary group Bone Thugs-N-Harmorny and absolutely bodying StreetRunner’s epic backdrop). The machine continues its ascent on the heavily West Coast-influenced “Lyrical Murderers”, but it is Crooked I and Joell that emphatically butcher the track as Crooked states his claim as a lyrical all-time great (”Lyrical murderer, blame Rakim / I’m a sniper, shooting my way into ya lame Top 10 / Pistol at your head if I ain’t next to Eminem“) while Joell arguably steals the show with a dazzling musical motif of bars, courtesy of the self-proclaimed “instrumental hitman“.

NEVER/(

Ghost In The 'Lac
08-20-2009, 04:42 PM
so i looked up that song on youtube, and, lol, it was so terrible when he tried to do a bone impersonation in the 2nd verse.

he just sounded like a guy trying to speak really fast hahaha. what was he trying to do?

0NIcdOIuz-8

what exactly is the point of these dudes? what do they ever say? lol

KERZO
08-20-2009, 04:47 PM
Slaughterhouse being compared to Bone Thugs

I have no comment, that title has left me completely speechless.

djskillz
08-20-2009, 05:18 PM
^Co-sign

RAW-TASTE
08-20-2009, 05:37 PM
lol thats a joke

ShaolinDarts
08-20-2009, 05:38 PM
I am genuinely lost for words. Bone Thugs are actually good.

YungSunny
08-20-2009, 06:55 PM
That flow wasn't even bone thugs it leaned towards do or die way more.

Ghost In The 'Lac
08-20-2009, 06:58 PM
flow? slaughterhouse? LOL!

these guys dont flow! they just say words that they wrote down on paper. theres no pre-thought before the verse is written on how it should flow.