PDA

View Full Version : Book Of Eli (2010)

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
08-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Sounds Dope

http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/zz4c69ee8a.jpg

Plot:
In a post-apocalyptic world, a lone hero (Denzel Washington) guards the Book of Eli, which provides knowledge that could redeem society. The despot of a small, makeshift town (Gary Oldman) plans to take possession of the book.

Cast:
* Denzel Washington as Eli
* Gary Oldman as Carnegie
* Mila Kunis as Solara
* Ray Stevenson as an enforcer dispatched to kill Eli
* Jennifer Beals as the blind mother of Solara and the concubine of Carnegie
* Michael Gambon as a man who holds onto old traditions with his wife
* Evan Jones as the leader of a quartet of bikers

Directors:
Hughes Brothers (Menace II Society, Dead Presidents, From Hell)

Release Date:
January 15, 2010

IMDb

The plot sounds really mehish, but I havent been disappointed by a Hughes Bros film yet. Plus Gary Oldman is great in everything he's ever done plus I believe that Denzel is perfect for a Hughes Bros film, so I will definitely check this one out.

Jin10304
08-22-2009, 11:03 AM
Oldman plays fantastic villains

Poetic Wun
12-22-2009, 05:28 PM
i know im a lil late but i just seen a trailer for this... looks pretty good:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V0jezpdMLPs&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V0jezpdMLPs&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

oDoUoSoKo
12-22-2009, 08:41 PM
meh..corny..cept for that poster..and oldman.

djskillz
12-26-2009, 01:05 AM
The trailer looked alright. I'll probably check it out.

CharlesJones
12-26-2009, 01:26 PM
Looks wack and i can't believe Denzel and The Hughes Brothers(directors of classic Menace II Society)are apart of this.

oDoUoSoKo
12-26-2009, 01:39 PM
i can...they did MENACE 2 SOCIETY!! that movie sucked.

Bobby Budknickers
12-26-2009, 02:02 PM
no doubt. menace to society wasn't exactly thought provoking, and the hughes brothers sure as fuck aren't the coen bros.

oldman is dope tho.

Kenny Powers
01-01-2010, 02:49 PM
can't get mad at denzel kicking ass. And Mila Kunis looking good ain't nothing to complain about, but she's sorta outta place in action movies.

Bodega Pop Tartz
01-01-2010, 03:18 PM
This looks good, i'mma check it out..

DRUNKENARTS
01-02-2010, 04:42 PM
looks good to me,il prob go c it

KaramelSundae
01-02-2010, 04:49 PM
ill check it out.

rather it be denzel
and not will smith

DC Entel
01-02-2010, 08:25 PM
denzel!!!

KaramelSundae
01-03-2010, 01:22 PM
"My Man!"

R6RAbLo6_Tw

CharlesJones
01-06-2010, 10:45 AM
LOL@Dusk and GZAjector dissing Menace II Society hahahahahahahahaha. Ya'll are stupid for dissing that movie. Menace is a classic. LOL@Samuel Jackson saying in Menace, what the fuck you mean you ain't got the money yet? Muthafucka, you best to be coming up with my cash or else, you know what i'm saying? Hahahahahahahahahaha. The dude said to Samuel, fuck you Tat LOL. Who the fuck you think you is? Muthafucking Ron O'Neal or something? LOL. Talking bout i better pay or else. I ain't your bitch nigga LOL. What you gon do? LOL. LOL@MC Eiht saying who got some snaps on the petro? Hahahahahahahahahaha. Ya'll niggas broke than a muthafucka. Slanging all that shit in the hood and ain't got no muthafucking money LOL. Fuck that. Pump my shit LOL. LOL@MC Pooh saying to Chauncey, man this a good ass fight on tv. This look like Caine beating your ass the other night hahahahahahahahahaha. Chauncey said fuck Caine nigga. Don't talk to me about no god damn Caine LOL. Fat pudgy muthafucka hahahahahahahahahaha. MC Pooh said i don't give a fuck what you talking about. This you on tv getting your ass whipped LOL. Hughes Brothers also directed the classic Dead Presidents with Larenz Tate, Clifton Powell, Keith David, Bokeem Woodbine, N'Bushe Wright, Terrence Howard.

Mai Wang Tu Phat
01-09-2010, 07:37 PM
I'm looking forward to to this, but I'll probably let down having high expectations. I thought DayBreakers and 2012 would be good, but I didn't care for those to much either, so we'll see.

oDoUoSoKo
01-09-2010, 08:55 PM
LOL@Dusk and GZAjector dissing Menace II Society hahahahahahahahaha. Ya'll are stupid for dissing that movie. Menace is a classic. LOL@Samuel Jackson saying in Menace, what the fuck you mean you ain't got the money yet? Muthafucka, you best to be coming up with my cash or else, you know what i'm saying? Hahahahahahahahahaha. The dude said to Samuel, fuck you Tat LOL. Who the fuck you think you is? Muthafucking Ron O'Neal or something? LOL. Talking bout i better pay or else. I ain't your bitch nigga LOL. What you gon do? LOL. LOL@MC Eiht saying who got some snaps on the petro? Hahahahahahahahahaha. Ya'll niggas broke than a muthafucka. Slanging all that shit in the hood and ain't got no muthafucking money LOL. Fuck that. Pump my shit LOL. LOL@MC Pooh saying to Chauncey, man this a good ass fight on tv. This look like Caine beating your ass the other night hahahahahahahahahaha. Chauncey said fuck Caine nigga. Don't talk to me about no god damn Caine LOL. Fat pudgy muthafucka hahahahahahahahahaha. MC Pooh said i don't give a fuck what you talking about. This you on tv getting your ass whipped LOL. Hughes Brothers also directed the classic Dead Presidents with Larenz Tate, Clifton Powell, Keith David, Bokeem Woodbine, N'Bushe Wright, Terrence Howard.
LOL@ you thinking your opinions on movies hold any weight.

CharlesJones
01-10-2010, 02:29 PM
I don't care if people don't agree with me about the movies i like. Menace II Society is a classic and the people who dissed it like you are bitches.

Poetic Wun
01-10-2010, 07:20 PM
classic for almost the same reasons Scarface is classic... fuck M-II-S.
as long as the majority of the cast is black, you will dig it no matter how atrocious.

DirtMcgehrk
01-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Oldman plays fantastic villains

Agreed. Oldman is awesome.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
01-11-2010, 11:38 PM
don't like cgi fights where heads get chopped like there paper

make it more real! have him slice their necks open and piss the blood all over the street - shits to safe and clean nowadays in the movies

Jin10304
01-11-2010, 11:52 PM
/\ With movies like the Saw series, Inglorious Basterds, 30 Days Of Night, Hostel...NAW

Ginnsey
01-13-2010, 09:06 AM
Hmmm it looks like Fallout 3 the movie!

Mai Wang Tu Phat
01-13-2010, 09:21 AM
Hmmm it looks like Fallout 3 the movie!

I was thinking the same thing.

The Book = The G.E.C.K.

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
01-13-2010, 09:52 AM
Damn I just noticed Karmel Sundea Looks Fine.....Props

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
01-16-2010, 12:14 PM
this movie was 100x better than i thot it wod be between watching the trailer then the movie - which was the opposite experience with terminator: salvation

the plot is simple but well written and acted - ofc they are both great actors but i thot the script and movie making wod fuk that up

it didn't - I def recommend this

Jin10304
01-16-2010, 12:58 PM
I hate religious movies, the action was worth it, thats about it

Mai Wang Tu Phat
01-16-2010, 03:50 PM
This movie was great, the action was fantastic and it was well acted. The ending was crazy too.

11th Chamber
01-18-2010, 08:21 PM
tryed seeing this a few days ago, but of course that shit was sold out

had to see fucking Daywalkers instead..

100pr00f
01-19-2010, 06:57 AM
prob go check it out this weekend..got like 100$ in fucking movie cards from the holiday

RynMur
01-19-2010, 12:12 PM
^that's like 3 trips to the movies here.

Movie looks good, might check it this weekend.

WARPATH
01-19-2010, 04:57 PM
Movie sucks.

The book is the last known bible written in braille. They catch Denzel and take the book. Buy the time they get it open to learn it's braille (and they can't read braille) Denzel already got away to Alacatraz, where they are perserving written works. Since he read the book everyday for 30 years, he memorized it, and they reprint the bible.

I feel fucking dirty after watching that movie. Like watching some nasty priest tea bag someone to babtize them.

oLd_KaiNry
01-19-2010, 08:32 PM
yeah seriously the second i realised it was the bible i got fckin bummed... what a fucking unoriginal piece of shit movie that was... THE FCKIN BIBLE !