PDA

View Full Version : McFarlane Starts Writing New Spawn Movie

Bobby_Digital72
08-23-2009, 03:26 AM
McFarlane Starts Writing New Spawn Movie Source:Josh August 23, 2009

"Spawn" creator Todd McFarlane has announced that he has officially begun writing the screenplay for a new movie based on the character.

"The story has been in my head for 7 or 8 years," McFarlane said. "The movie idea is neither a recap or continuation. It is a standalone story that will be R-rated. Creepy and scary."

He added that "the tone of this 'Spawn' movie will be for a more older audience. Like the film 'Departed.'"

In August of 1997, New Line released a Spawn movie that grossed $87.8 million worldwide. It starred Michael Jai White, John Leguizamo and Martin Sheen.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=58290

djskillz
08-23-2009, 06:59 PM
Dooooooope. :)

Dr. Simon Hurt
08-23-2009, 07:35 PM
when i read the thread title i was about to say he's been talking about this for the entire decade...he was talking about making it more horror oriented and noir-ish...his best bet is to center it around sam and twitch and downplay spawn almost to a supporting character or just a background figure.

Poetic Wun
08-28-2009, 03:39 AM
If this plans to be an on going thing then definitely ^^^^

otherwise he might as well just recap a 15+yr old character with some action, a pot hole story line that prbably doesn't pertain much to the comic with attempts to be dark, but due to length, comes off "circusy" into an hour and a half flick.

I couldn't get into the other spawn flick on the numerous times i attempted watching it so i hope this is done right.

the scarecrow
08-28-2009, 12:26 PM
good news