PDA

View Full Version : 7th Presents: The 4 Bar Killer tape

Boss_Digger
08-23-2009, 07:06 PM
http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k416/7thgrandmantis/The4barkillertape.jpg

This is a beat tape I rocked out this weekend with the exception of one joint which i did in the week. I basically set myself a challenge of rocking a tape in one weekend and limiting myself to 4 or 2 bar loops (hence the 4 bar killer tape). I havnt mastered or transitioned the joints so you will have to forgive that.

Hope you enjoy it!!!!

7th Presents - The 4 Bar Killer Tape.rar - 40.84MB (http://www.zshare.net/download/645577321779bfb4/)

You can also Stream it here:

http://www.datpiff.com/7th_The_4_Bar_Killer_Tape.m62770.html

MENES
08-23-2009, 07:07 PM
you already know sun!!

downloading haha dope cover

THE MASON
08-23-2009, 07:17 PM
Dl'd be back with some feed soon

IronFingaz7
08-23-2009, 07:49 PM
Egyptian Goddess and Kids Dont Do Drugs are nice, sun. Keep bringing it.

P.E.A.C.E.
-Noble Scity-
-Crucial The Guillotine-Gripz-Illy Vas-Iron Fingaz-Kaotny-

LORD ZERO
08-24-2009, 12:48 AM
This whole tape is crack, i got "a journey to higher heights" on repeat as we speak! Lol, are these joints free to rip on or what? :d

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
08-24-2009, 01:03 AM
shit is sick i like this 7th u..........u............ damn i'm speechless

Boss_Digger
08-24-2009, 02:39 AM
Thanks guys!!! appriciate the love!:thumbup:

This whole tape is crack, i got "a journey to higher heights" on repeat as we speak! Lol, are these joints free to rip on or what? :d

yup the only two taken are "sum grimey shit" and 3MD already rocked "funkadelic beatdown" the rest are free to rip

RIINě
08-24-2009, 06:10 AM
7TH ur drumgame is WILD!!!!

edit:
just finished listening, my fav joints are

Industrial Waste
Funkadelic Beatdown
Kids!! Dont Do Drugs
Boston Tea Party

whats the science behind 12welves Jewel? that joint is sikk too!!!

THE MASON
08-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Now this aint a track for track review but an overall breakdown of the tape, since each beat is bangin as fuck lol.

What I have noticed about 7th is that he come very conceptual with his beats, each one has a general theme surrounding it, with the use of vocal sample and the sample itself, it brings out what seems to be a theme in each beat. Perfect example, Kids, Dont Do Drugs. The beat is very laidback and has a tripped out feel, plus the audio sample of the kid and guy talking about drugs.

Next is that 7th always is wanting to challenge himself, this was done in a weekend!!! I may have learned this from just building with him outside of wucorp, but this is only more proof.

Positive things about the tape is everything lol. The drums are a major standout with me, 7th has some insane drums on this tape, Boston Tea Party is outlandish!!! And just the general sound of each beat allowed me to spin this tape multiple times without getting bored.

Only one thing, some beats seemed to out shine some of the others or seem to have gotten a bit more attention then others. But given it was only a weekend job, understandable lol.

Peace to my man 7th for the listen, keep blessin us!

INF
08-24-2009, 11:12 AM
niiiiice.im boout to dl now and I'll be back.

12weLvE
08-24-2009, 12:15 PM
whats the science behind 12welves Jewel? that joint is sikk too!!!

I supplied the sample lol.

--------------------------------------------------------

My favs:

Boston Tea Party
Kids Dont do Drugs
Egyptian Goddes
Industrial Waste
12welves Jewel
Funkadelic Beatdown

Anyway... Tape is awesome man. We already discussed it so I dont need to type much. Great job on the mixing. Check out the tape yall dont sleep.

HERE IS THE STREAMING LINK FOR THOSE WHO HAVENT DOWNLOADED IT:

http://www.datpiff.com/7th_The_4_Bar_Killer_Tape.m62770.html

Sinapse
08-24-2009, 01:09 PM
Finally a beat tape lol, props for the 2-4 bar loops, makes it feel very old skool, along with a lot of the up tempo drum rhythms and patterns, and the tempo adjustments and all the little shit you did to give the loops variation as the joints go on is all really advanced

Broken Neck is nice, the drums are bangin, for an opening track this was kinda fast

Egyptian Goddess is hot - liking the drum work on this a lot, especially the multiple snares, the flow is nice and bouncy and overall the joint has a dope rhythm

Grimey shit - indeed grimey, has that dark vibe cats love but it's not one of your best imo

Industrial Waste - i like this joint a lot more as far as the grimey shit, oh yeah this shit got that drag you in the basement feeling but the rhythm is def more on point, it's grimey but you can just ride with it

Funkadelic Beatdown - nice and funky vibe but i don't like the drum rhythm as much as some of the other joints

Wanna Get High - this joint lost me a little, i was expecting something more chill and stoner like, this is more like "wanna take a hit of acid" imo, but i can rock with it

Kids! Don't Do Drugs - this is my fav joint on the tape and maybe your dopest to date imo, i think you should explore this spacey down tempo style more, this shit is silky, i could listen to this all day

Higher Heights - very uplifting beat, low end on this beat is very thick, overall this joint is one of the strongest imo

Snatch Peace - Nice different sounding drum work on this joint, again i'm feeling these joints you get away from the old skool style drum rhythms and take it down tempo, getting a lil more spacey sounding

12's jewel - Drums are really nice on this one homie, dope ass rhythm to this beat

Boston Tea Party - this joint is wild and chaotic and lovely lol, my favorite fast joint on the tape by far, nice way to end it

----

Dope shit man, my favorites are Kids! Don't Do Drugs, Snatch Some Peace, Egyptian Goddess, and Industrial Waste on the grimey tip and Boston Tea Party

Peace!

Boss_Digger
08-24-2009, 01:13 PM
thanks for the downloads and positive reviews!!!! As Chek already stated "12welves Jewel" was the last joint I completed for the tape and he asked if he could supply the sample which I was more than cool with cos the sample is cool as fuck!!! So I called it 12welves Jewel cos it was 12's sample (jewel).

Chek!! mad thanks for streaming the tape and posting it on my first post, your a legend!!!

Im glad everyone is feeling the drums, ive been working really hard on them latley to get them to really pop!! Also little shout out to varan for a little tip he gave me a while back on getting my kicks to thump hard, My drums wouldnt be what they are today without that little jewel so props to him as well

as a side note the ordering is a bit scatter shot as is the mastering and transitions cos i was trying to get the tape done in a weekend on top of packing for a eventual house move as well as get ready to go away for a week and I just ran out of time to do it exactly how I wanted but it seems as tho your all enjoying it regardless so thanks again!!!

INF
08-24-2009, 01:48 PM
I like industrial waste. Im not done listening yet but I like that one. I also like how you speed things up and then slow them down.thanks for the dl

H.Notik
08-24-2009, 02:19 PM
aiight man..

first off major PROPS on this whole tape.

the whole vibe of the tape is majestic forreal...

just to highligh my favs..

Broken Neck - A true Lancelot banger right here lol...sounds like the knights are rolling through tough, feeling it. Its funny...I can hear some bone thugs ripping this up.

12sJewel - simply b/c its son melancholy and rude.

Egyptian Goddess - Man this is may favorite out of the bunch. you painted a nice picture with this one man...it's liek i can basically name 5 to 10 movie scenes this beat could relate to or better yea bang a pretty looking broad to lol.

awesome.

PS..We need to talk about "wanna get high" asap please

Drunken Monk
08-24-2009, 02:20 PM
gotta check it

SKAMPOE
08-24-2009, 03:11 PM
d loadin now... so happy 7th got a tape out

Boss_Digger
08-24-2009, 04:01 PM
Thanks again for the further reviews!!! FYI "Goddess" is gone and Notik Im away this week so i cant get at yah cos im only checkin on here periodicly but if you want "wanna get high" then its yours!! thanks again everyone im really appriciating the love!!

H.Notik
08-24-2009, 06:58 PM
thanks fam

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82084

Already smashed it lol.

exxxon
08-24-2009, 07:21 PM
12welves jewel and boston tea party are crazy son..nice tape..drums are dope too throughout

http://sendspace.com/file/7etgqg

http://www.myspace.com/exxxovaldeez

M.O.D.
08-24-2009, 08:24 PM
2 , 3 & 8 are my shit son

peace god

Boss_Digger
08-25-2009, 05:12 AM
shiek, MOD thnaks for the love fams!!! Notik i'll have to check out the joint when i get back from my hol's but Im sure you smashed it!! PEACE!!

Drunken Monk
08-25-2009, 07:57 AM
kids dont do drugs is a jewel

nice work mantis

SKAMPOE
08-25-2009, 11:33 AM
yo i heard the whole shit sun, tried to find a favorite but i cant, all the tracks are dope n i can see diff emcees rippin each track. props 7th, n peACE TO NOTIK for rippin those 2 beats of this tape, shit goes hard sun.

Boss_Digger
08-25-2009, 12:37 PM
monk, skampoe peace and thanks for the listen!!

The Prime Sithesizah
08-25-2009, 04:14 PM
One of the most ear-catching beat tapes I've ever heard IMO..

Its something different in all tracks and you dont get that with beat tapes often, Props to you 7th.. this tape was the next level of sound.. a message in frequency, DOPE DOPE tape I would recommend upcoming beatmakers to analyze.. study and digest!

Boss_Digger
08-26-2009, 02:42 AM
thanks PRIME thats mad peace!! glad you and everyone else felt the tape!!

360beatz
08-26-2009, 03:14 PM
I checked the tape out, for the fact you did this in a weekend is dope in its own right.
The 12welves Jewel & Kids!! Dont Do Drugs are my favorite tracks. Feeling the automation you used throughout the album keep doing what you do stay ^ peace

MF Herbs
08-28-2009, 07:50 AM
FRESH! 7th.. Some off the wall joints on here.. diggin it....

respect..

Boss_Digger
08-28-2009, 10:23 AM
peace to varan and shizo, thanks for the listen!!!!

100pr00f
08-28-2009, 11:53 AM
ill hit this up when i get a chance

peace

Complex
08-29-2009, 02:48 AM
peace fam..

been enjoyin the tape, really fresh listen, all these got flavor... real heavy drumwork and you keep it interesting with the crazy effects... track 7.... damn that shit wild fam , real eerie atmosphere on that one and the drums is crucial... probly your illest beat yet imo.. also numbers 2, 3 and 10 are my other favorites...

respect due..

THE MASON
08-30-2009, 11:00 AM
Yo peace 7th just letting you know this gets daily spins

Boston Tea Party is my shit lol, crazyness, makes me wanna raid a boat and through there tea in to the water lol

Peace

Grimey Fruitbat
08-30-2009, 08:45 PM
dope

Boss_Digger
08-31-2009, 02:15 AM
proof, plex, bronze and fruitbat.......... peace and thanks for the spins

imbrator
08-31-2009, 06:50 AM
yo 7th major respect for ya work
the whole tape is bangin realy feel it

peace fam

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
08-31-2009, 01:32 PM
Dope Ass Beats number 2 Is Mad Dope And So Is 3 And 10 .....Funkadelic Beat Down Is Crazy

Noyz
09-01-2009, 11:07 AM
Finally got a chance to give this a listen. Really digging the variety on this. You have bouncy beats like 'Funkadelic Beatdown' next to punch-you-in-the-face Cypress Hill shit like 'Industrial Waste'. The beat on 'Dont do Drugs' is so thick. I could picture this being used in a movie with a guy who just OD'ed walking through an alley in slow motion. '12welves Jewel' and 'Boston Tea Party' are the stand outs for me.

Overall, this is a very dope tape. Hard to believe you made this in one weekend! The drums bang on every track and the quotes used throughout add nice effect.

Boss_Digger
09-01-2009, 01:43 PM
Respeck due to Imbrator, Maximus and Noyz thanks for listening!!!

Prophet-One
09-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Some dope beats on there mainly kids dont do drugs and 12jewels

A couple of the first ones i skipped like 30-40 seconds in, it was just too repetitive, the later tracks you do a better job of dropping the elements in and out, as well as movie samples and shit to keep it interesting

Good work though, I understand the original concept was 2-4 bar loops so that in itself is the challenge to keep in interesting, I think you did a pretty decent job, but if you went back and gave a few of those beats a change up with the loop they would be real bangers

JIGSAW45
09-01-2009, 06:22 PM
sorry it took so long for me to get it...my desktop doesnt extract rar files so i gotta go through a long process to zip it

Shogah
09-02-2009, 05:32 AM
So many jewels on this one.

first track is really neck breaking like the title says.

Ofcourse the grimey shit is banging, that 12jewelz shit is also fire, and there's couple of track which were more experimental like the last song which is crazy, but also some of those went to far into abstract for my taste.

Great work!

100pr00f
09-04-2009, 08:32 AM
got around to it..beats are dope..drums kick
i like all of em but the ones that stand out for me

sum grimmy shit
bosten tea party
kids dont do drugs ...is trippy

Boss_Digger
09-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Some dope beats on there mainly kids dont do drugs and 12jewels

A couple of the first ones i skipped like 30-40 seconds in, it was just too repetitive, the later tracks you do a better job of dropping the elements in and out, as well as movie samples and shit to keep it interesting

Good work though, I understand the original concept was 2-4 bar loops so that in itself is the challenge to keep in interesting, I think you did a pretty decent job, but if you went back and gave a few of those beats a change up with the loop they would be real bangers

I completley agree with you!!! the problem there was the time element envolved as this was more of a personal challenge than a tape designed for the listener but I appriciate your honest feed back!!!

thanks again to everyone that listened and took the time out too drop some feed!!!!

peace

JIGSAW45
09-07-2009, 08:52 PM
cannibal godz 4 life sunn!!!! i just finished listenin to it bro,great stuff as usual...gonna pump it a few more times to really break it down but its good stuff my dude...peace