PDA

View Full Version : GoW Trilogy coming to PS3?

shaolinsword
08-25-2009, 06:59 AM
There's rumours going around that Sony will be releasing GoW 1&2 on Blu Ray with a demo for number 3 due around Christmas. No idea if this rumour holds any weight though but considering Sony's recent EE patent it could be true

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/08/25/god-of-war-trilogy-coming-to-blu-ray/

Kingkazim
08-25-2009, 11:14 AM
i doubt it, but its no big deal
Gow wont get the same attention as uncharted 2

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-25-2009, 01:29 PM
^^^^^^AHAHHAHAH what the hell are you talking about

everybody are going to buy that just cuz of the demo, Gow3 is next to Brutal Legend and The Last Guardian if we talk about games that WE WANT NOOOOW

Kingkazim
08-25-2009, 02:00 PM
oh fuck my bad
i thought he meant GEARS OF WAR, so i didnt bother clicking the link

in that case i hope god of war 1,2 come out on blu ray, doubt it though, although they could include it as a limited edition when buying god of war 3

shaolinsword
08-26-2009, 02:55 AM
lol nope, not Gears....that game blows

It was reported by a Sony employee apparently but got taken off near enough straight away. It wouldn't be a Christmas number 1 but it'd still sell fuck loads considering how many people haven't played the originals

NIGHT MAYOR
08-26-2009, 03:35 AM
yeah im an xbox fan boy and even i did'nt dig gears.

but i did also think you were talking about gears, what game ARE you talking about

NIGHT MAYOR
08-26-2009, 03:42 AM
yeah gears is over hyped.

shaolinsword
08-26-2009, 05:21 AM
yeah im an xbox fan boy and even i did'nt dig gears.

but i did also think you were talking about gears, what game ARE you talking about

Everyone thinks I'm on about Gears when I put GoW so that's why I do it

I'm talking about God of War obviously

The Hound
08-26-2009, 05:40 AM
edit. Thought he meant that wack Gears of War shit.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-26-2009, 10:29 AM
lol why such hate for Gears of War? [I admit I never played it, but it revolutionized the shooting systems, for example GTA4 stole it and it works beautifully]

plus Epic are legends, they made the first Unreal which was my fav. FPS until I saw the first Halo on the PC =)

shaolinsword
08-26-2009, 10:56 AM
lol why such hate for Gears of War? [I admit I never played it, but it revolutionized the shooting systems, for example GTA4 stole it and it works beautifully]

plus Epic are legends, they made the first Unreal which was my fav. FPS until I saw the first Halo on the PC =)

It's just a game about yet another alien invasion. The cover system is annoying and the gears logo that shows up when you get shot gets in the way. The Torque Bow was pretty cool though

Cliffy B is a prick as well

Prince Rai
08-26-2009, 12:44 PM
gears 2 was a copy and paste of the first one

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-26-2009, 01:42 PM
^^^^I read somewhere else that it was more of a Call of Duty copy. I will try the first one on my PC once, so I can see for myself.

BRONZBODY
08-27-2009, 11:51 AM
god of war 1 i can see being released on blu-ray since it cant go any higher than 480p. but seeing as god of war 2 runs in 720p i dont really see the point.

aw fuck it who am i kidding? id buy the shit either way.

and yeas gears of war is very overrated. cant say im the biggest halo fan(not my cup of tea, plus i suck at it) but id play halo over gears anyday.

shaolinsword
09-01-2009, 03:23 AM
It's been made official now, it's only been announced on the US blog though so there's a chance we won't see it over here

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/08/31/god-of-war-collection-blu-ray-disc-compilation-available-this-holiday-season/

Tage
09-01-2009, 08:46 AM
lol... i didnt reply in this thread cus i thought you meant Gears'...

borrowed the first one off somebody, on the ps2. was a cool game... didnt get to finish it though.

shaolinsword
09-01-2009, 01:07 PM
lol... i didnt reply in this thread cus i thought you meant Gears'...

borrowed the first one off somebody, on the ps2. was a cool game... didnt get to finish it though.

You should get em when they come out, they're both brilliant. Might have to import this one

DR. NICK RIVIERA
09-01-2009, 01:32 PM
Gow I is a really good game....but the second one is a fucking masterpiece, people shouldn't miss this shit, I never had so many OMG moments in any game, maybe HalfLife2 on secong play

BRONZBODY
09-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Gow I is a really good game....but the second one is a fucking masterpiece, people shouldn't miss this shit, I never had so many OMG moments in any game, maybe HalfLife2 on secong playhell yeah. people say godfather 2 is better than one. well the same could be said about god of war 2 being better than god of war 1.

Kingkazim
09-03-2009, 04:40 AM
its been confirmed, they are coming to ps3 :P
i hope god of war 3 lives up to 1 and 2.

shaolinsword
09-03-2009, 10:38 AM
I said it was confirmed a while back. It won't be out in the EU until sometime next year so it's a good job Blu Ray discs are region free