PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here cop that Batman:Arkham Asylum?

David Daniel Davis
08-25-2009, 04:27 PM
If so; how is it?

Reiko
08-25-2009, 07:14 PM
yeah I'm also curious about this game. I've played demo for PC and it was amazing.

Bobby_Digital72
08-25-2009, 09:58 PM
^played the demo on the PS3 i was surprised how good it was too.for me it was kinda like metal gear without the guns and alot more CQC,plus while your fighting its slows down randomly Matrix style. the fighting style batman uses looked really good too it was'nt just the same old punch-kick-punch-kick routine,He actually uses martial arts.

Reiko
08-26-2009, 05:16 AM
^^trueplaus detective mode makes this game really special, IGN gave it 9.3/10 :D it has to be dope

DrBold241
08-26-2009, 09:51 AM
KICKS ASS!!!
the environment has that eerie almost Bioshock type of feel to it.
for a T rated game, it's very dark. death is everywhere.
the controls are rock solid, and the overall gameplay never gets dull.

i'm normally skeptical about games these days, with the 60$ price tag and all few games are ever worth the full retail, but Arkham Asylum very much so is.
if you're a batman fan, if you like stealth/action games, or even if you're just bored and want to add a new disc to your library- BUY THIS GAME.

TAURO
08-27-2009, 06:18 AM
I bought the special edition with the batarang display set.

oDoUoSoKo
08-27-2009, 08:51 AM
this shit is butter, im on the scarecrow level..FUCKIN SICK...dopest level ive played in a game..in a long time. Very enjoyable game.

DrBold241
08-27-2009, 11:24 AM
Scarecrow is definitely the best villain in the game, easily.
my one disappointment with this game is that it's fairly short. granted when i get a game i STAY on that shit but even still it only took me a little over a day.... but thats also not 100% completion. just the story itself.
and the final fight with Joker...... way too easy, seriously the sub before it is harder than the final fight itself.

those are the only bad things i can say about it.
seriously it is a kick ass game. well worth full retail price.

i only wish that they're gonna take the basics of this engine and expand upon it in a sandbox-style Gotham game.

for the record, i thought the demo was fun but it really doesn't do the game justice.
i'm starting to sound repetitive but seriously this is a must own.

Storm
08-27-2009, 06:24 PM
I'm waiting for the price to drop down to 40 or so. The demo was fun though.

oDoUoSoKo
08-27-2009, 06:48 PM
i only wish that they're gonna take the basics of this engine and expand upon it in a sandbox-style Gotham game.

i agree..i think theyre on to something, it would be a crime if they let this go unexpanded (that sounded awful..eloels)

DrBold241
09-03-2009, 02:24 PM
this shit is butter

more like canna-butter.
it's the kush of super hero games.

Dr. Simon Hurt
09-03-2009, 03:08 PM
my weed man bought this for ps3 and was playing the scarecrow level when i went to his house today...looks fucking sick

they need to make a grand theft auto style gotham city game where you can play villains or heroes like batman, robin, huntress, batgirl etc or be gordon or a cop or just a random goon henchman type...yes it would be a massive game but it would be amazing

KZA
09-04-2009, 07:55 PM
they are making a dc mmorpg for ps3 and pc not sure the release date.

picked it up for 53 today at best buy.

Lex Lugor
09-05-2009, 03:19 AM
i heard it is fucking great

shaolinsword
09-05-2009, 05:20 PM
I ordered it today from my catalogue and I should get it on or before Thursday

What are the scarecrow levels like anyway? Trippy, like in the Batman Begins movie?

KZA
09-05-2009, 11:00 PM
sorta like metal gear solid type where hes big and you have to sneak around him. before the fight begins it just starts to trip out on you rain pours, in the 2nd encounter it goes back when his parents die.. its just sick

shaolinsword
09-06-2009, 02:51 AM
they are making a dc mmorpg for ps3 and pc not sure the release date.

picked it up for 53 today at best buy.

DC Universe will be out early next year, it goes into beta soon

BLACK BART SIMPSON
09-07-2009, 07:15 PM
I ordered it today from my catalogue and I should get it on or before Thursday

What are the scarecrow levels like anyway? Trippy, like in the Batman Begins movie?

def ive had this game for a while and its fucking awesome just the graphics and atmosphere of the game alone itsa a must have!

Steve Urkel
09-07-2009, 07:36 PM
Tried out the demo, pretty cool like splinter cell on steroids, it kinda reminds me of the first time i played RE4, just the atmosphere and the epicness of it.

KZA
09-08-2009, 12:18 AM
i beat the game today. awesome game. got almost all the riddlers stuff completed

shaolinsword
09-08-2009, 02:37 AM
def ive had this game for a while and its fucking awesome just the graphics and atmosphere of the game alone itsa a must have!

I was sold just on the demo alone but people have been saying the demo doesn't even compare to the full game and all of the reviews I've seen have been high 9's so it seems pretty cool

It's short though aint it?

The Hound
09-17-2009, 12:39 AM
I picked it up today and they still had a few special edition packs so I got that, the art book is cool.

So far, only played it for a bout 15 odd mintues but it is shaping up as the game of the year - until MW2 comes out I reckon - but this game is fucking sick. I asked the dude at the store about length since I saw some people mention it but he told me it isn't short when you consider it is an action game.

:chef:

DR. NICK RIVIERA
09-17-2009, 03:57 PM
I really don't understand the hype for MW2. I never liked the first one as some serious tactical shooters [Rainbow Six titles and Operation Flashpoint], and I could never love it as Half Life2.

I mean the game was just too short. If the second one isn't AT LEAST 15 hours long with constant great heart beating action.......then it's going to be a try once, seen it all experience. Some levels in the first one were also dragging a little too much.
I mean, the meanest and the most critical PC game review magazine [Joker] gave it a 82 score. No other magazine gave it a score this low, but it's the only I can tolerate actually. [the multiplayer was a killer tho, and I could play it every other day, =P hated that stupid AI in the singleplayer]

So, back to the subject...now this game got a 89 score in the same magazine, and it hasn't got any multiplayer....for me, that says a lot, great atmosphere, innovative fighting ;) and MARK FUCKING HAMMEL.....I knew this game was going to be great in the fucking demo. I really recommend it, give these guys some money so they don't disband and so they can make another great game.

Reiko
09-17-2009, 07:13 PM
^^ true that I've just finished it, amazing game with dope grmiey atmosphere perfectly fitting to Batman. Characters look off the hook Bane, Poison Ivy, Killer Croc :D damn. They did a great job with this one, I wasn't expecting something that good.

shaolinsword
09-18-2009, 02:53 AM
Finished it over the weekend but trying to get all the riddler challenges done (3 teeth in Arkham Mansion left and they're a bitch to find)

The character bios were pretty cool for someone who doesn't know that much about Batman (outside of the cartoons/films) The spirit of Arkham Asylum was pretty cool as well but it got a bit obvious as to who it was

Reiko
09-18-2009, 05:14 AM
^^ when it comes to riddlers, I was surprised when I found it quiet interesting

MaskedAvenger
09-18-2009, 09:19 AM
Awesome game, I finished it too quick though, i have like 5 teeth to find and I've completed 100%

shaolinsword
09-18-2009, 10:31 AM
There's 2 new challenges on PSN (probably on XBL too) one of them is a brawl event with those 1 punch lunatics and another silent predator event

More coming next week as well

The Hound
09-20-2009, 05:41 AM
Killer Croc is being an incredible cock smoker.

portis24
09-28-2009, 05:36 PM
just finished the game today and now trying to solve the riddles i got like 80 left

shaolinsword
09-29-2009, 03:06 AM
Killer Croc is being an incredible cock smoker.

Killer Croc was just stupidly easy, the only reason I died is because I got impatient and started running around.....Harley was more difficult

portis24
09-29-2009, 07:22 PM
^i have to agree that was a big disappointment i was expecting that one to be a lot harder

shaolinsword
09-30-2009, 02:49 AM
I finally got all the riddler challenges done. If anyone has three teeth left in the Arkham Mansion they're probably gonna be in the Warden's Office (look up after you enter the room)

MaskedAvenger
09-30-2009, 04:08 AM
OMG! I been looking for those 3.

shaolinsword
09-30-2009, 05:11 AM
lol a lot of people have been looking for em, I only found em cos someone on the eu ps3 forums told me about it so I thought I'd share

There's a glitch where some teeth disappear though

MaskedAvenger
09-30-2009, 05:14 AM
there must be because I cant fine 3 teeth in the gardens and I've searched that motherfucker up and down

shaolinsword
09-30-2009, 08:22 AM
Have a look on youtube or check the silent predator rooms with either the "what time is tea time in wonderland" riddle or the one with the secret door to the titan factory

I can't think of anywhere else atm

TAURO
09-30-2009, 10:48 AM
Killer Croc wasn't hard to beat, you mainly die due to being impatient and croc making his surprise attacks.

The last Joker fight was rediculously easy. It kind of put a downer on an otherwise dope game.

The Hound
10-01-2009, 04:59 AM
Lol how could people not find the three teeth up in the Warden's office? People obviously don't search up and down in the rooms.

Twiztid-Wutang
10-07-2009, 04:44 PM
AMAZING game, its worth EVERY great rating its recieved. The man has a option in his cowl to check fingerprints, and fucking nicotine trails. AND his combat system is pretty much flawless and you feel like your really playing Bats himself.

Needless to say, BUY THIS GAME