PDA

View Full Version : Most mistaken genre

Matthew
08-26-2009, 01:01 PM
Growing up playing drums I believed I had an open mind when it came to music. Although certain genres, (country, screamo, etc) were.. hard to listen to, I could at least try & relate to it or at the very least try & appreciate it. Despite having a strong passion for hip hop, I also developed a strong passion for metal. as you could imagine i got a lot of shit for being so much into the metal scene and I found it sad that my kind of music was so heavily ridiculed. Different peoples these days have heard so much shit about other genres of music that they have formed their own strong beliefs about them before even exploring a few artists. An overwhelming amount of people can't even listen to a metal song and take it seriously because all they can hear is loud noise. I find it sad because there's so much good music out there that they're missing out on and they don't even care. Basically, I believe people need to start respecting all aspects of music, even if it's not completely appealing to you, there's still a story behind it and a message. and shit, they took their time and effort to make it and you'd like your music to be taken seriously wouldn't you? I dno maybe I'mm just ranting but I think i'm onto something

Prolifical ENG
08-26-2009, 01:05 PM
Metal
Country
and number 1 would be rap music.

JerseyIronman
08-26-2009, 07:43 PM
U like COUNTRY music?

WTF that shit is HORRIBLE

redneck!

Matthew
08-26-2009, 09:48 PM
na maaan, country is (w/ the exception of johnny cash and a few others) complete shit. But I can at least respect that they're musicians. Point I'm trying to make here is that people shut out different genres of music before taking it seriously and considering it. Specifically I'm talking about the genre metal.

GZAjector
08-26-2009, 10:09 PM
outlaw country is my shit

waylon
willie
johnny
hank
merle
david allan

hellz yeah

metal is my shit too

tampa
bay area
finland
virginia
england
'straaaaaalia
etc.

classic rock
classical
folk
bluegrass
polka
doowop
etc.

music rules

JerseyIronman
08-26-2009, 10:37 PM
aside from just being nice to listen to music has alot to with with style. A certain artist or band could sound good but could still be mad corny, to the point where u would be embarresed to admit you like it.

Music has alot to do with style, which is why i will probably never get into country music, cuz its not my style and i feel weird listening to it (i was joking with my first post tho, Prolifical ENG and trying to be ironic). Although i do like some metal i have to say alot of it is cheesey so i dont feel intrigued to get more into it.

I think its okay and natural to not like certain genres and to think they are whack. Hair metal for example, im never going to listen to hair metal. Dont care how good a certain song is.

The Hound
08-26-2009, 11:13 PM
You don't like Hair Metal because you probably can't grasp the idea of their outfits even though they're ironic and cast a point and some of it is alright: Mötley Crüe had some bangers and Twisted Sister were dope.

GZAjector
08-26-2009, 11:33 PM
motley crue definitely had some dope shit.

w.a.s.p. was my shit as a little kid
blackie lawless was a fuckin thug

and ratt
skid row
alice cooper
all kind of gay shit

still fuckin ill to me

some crazy bikers moved to my neighborhood when i was 9 or 10 and put me on to a rack of shit from overseas

venom
motorhead
bathory
mercyful fate
sodom

music rules

djskillz
08-26-2009, 11:55 PM
Metal is awesome. I've always said that hip hop and metalheads have alot in common because they're both more than a genre of music. It's an entire culture. You're either in or you're not.

ALCATRAZ
08-27-2009, 12:43 AM
number one is rap this is not up for discussion

I've always said that hip hop and metalheads have alot in common because they're both more than a genre of music. It's an entire culture.

i think you got metal mixed up with punk .... metal is about ghouls and goblins and blood baths ... punk is about social awareness and diy methods and knowledge of self ... hip hop = punk hip hop does not = metal

The Hound
08-27-2009, 12:47 AM
LOL Metal is about ghouls and goblins? Get the fuck out you stupid Asian you religiously prove you don't know your arse from your elbow.

ALCATRAZ
08-27-2009, 12:50 AM
i'm just saying punk has more in common with hip hop than metal does ... never knew how anyone could listen to metal anyways ... three chords and a message > mega shred blood bath songs

The Hound
08-27-2009, 12:57 AM
LOL three chrods? Oh shit

Wo135x0oXo8

Just shut the fuck up

The Hound
08-27-2009, 01:00 AM
Haha, three chords?

abHUigYaHRw

ALCATRAZ
08-27-2009, 02:17 AM
yes, punk is primarily three chords ... and three chords and a message is better than a bunch of 40 year old beer belly mufuckas seein who can shred the hardest and spit the most lines about devils blood baths

Visionz
08-27-2009, 02:36 AM
I grew up listening to a very diverse range of music and still do but the OP was right, most people will judge it without knowing about it
this, for instance, is a good song and will win you favor in the eyes of the regular patrons should you find yourself in an unfamiliar texas bar and getting crazy looks :b
vAOVRkSCWmg

The Hound
08-27-2009, 02:47 AM
Haha speakonitrob you stupid mother you have no idea.

Longbongcilvaringz
08-27-2009, 03:16 AM
yes, punk is primarily three chords ... and three chords and a message is better than a bunch of 40 year old beer belly mufuckas seein who can shred the hardest and spit the most lines about devils blood baths

A prime example of what the thread starter is talking about.

So i guess you can put Metal up there with Hip Hop.

The Hound
08-27-2009, 04:29 AM
mVeVPkfiUo8

Good documentary which shows speakonitrob stays losing

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-27-2009, 04:46 AM
speakonitgawd, you are a fucking idiot.

Matthew
08-27-2009, 12:32 PM
alcatraz.. stupid motherfucker.. thanks for proving my point.

ALCATRAZ
08-27-2009, 05:18 PM
who you callin stupid you august 2009 joinin, minneapolis livin, 10 post havin, 0 rep point reppin one green bar havin ass FAGGIT

DXN
08-27-2009, 05:40 PM
three chords and a message is better than a bunch of 40 year old beer belly mufuckas seein who can shred the hardest and spit the most lines about devils blood baths

killah priest??

ALCATRAZ
08-27-2009, 05:44 PM
lol

oDoUoSoKo
08-27-2009, 06:18 PM
i'm just saying punk has more in common with hip hop than metal does ... never knew how anyone could listen to metal anyways ... three chords and a message > mega shred blood bath songs
whats funny is...there are probably more punk songs about that, than metal songs...im not sure u really know what ur talkin about when u say punk...i do agree with u tho that punk has more in common than metal..but thats as far as we go..cuz u just generalized 2 genres that go way further than 3 chords or mega shred blood baths...this aint Hip Hop Shop motherfucker..eloels.

ALCATRAZ
08-27-2009, 06:30 PM
punk has always been about DIY methods and power to the people ... metal has not ...

go ahead rock guru, tell me how wrong i am

oDoUoSoKo
08-27-2009, 06:45 PM
you are...because metal (in most cases, back in the day) was also DIY..and it HASNT always been about DIY methods and power to the people...come to think of it..it seldom is..what the fuck are u listening to? lmao.

The Hound
08-27-2009, 07:24 PM
Speakonoitrob has proven in the Pac debates and just about everywhere else he goes he doesn't know shit from shoe polish.

I mean, the dude is sitting here confusing Norwegian Black Metal or whatever it is called for fucking Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen heavy metal LOL

oDoUoSoKo
08-27-2009, 07:42 PM
ya, i could probably knock out an essay pointing out faults in his shit..however i shan't waste my time..eloels.

ALCATRAZ
08-27-2009, 08:31 PM
The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn from the Crow

dog ... ur a faggit

Matthew
08-27-2009, 08:46 PM
yo, the fuck you tryin to say? Minneapolis is the SHIT! I mighta just joined but b/c you might have seniority over me doesn't mean you know more because you have completely proved my point on this thread. finally, i don't give A FUCK ABOUT SOME LITTLE POINT SYSTEM ON this forum, so shut your fuckin mouth you generalizing piece of shit

The Hound
08-27-2009, 08:51 PM
Ignore him, nobody takes him seriously and as you can see he doesn't know much about what he thinks he does.

ALCATRAZ
08-28-2009, 12:31 AM
ahahahaha look how furious this nigga is .... calm down MATTHEW LOL

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-28-2009, 04:25 AM
who you callin stupid you august 2009 joinin, minneapolis livin, 10 post havin, 0 rep point reppin one green bar havin ass FAGGIT

what have rep points to do with anything

ALCATRAZ
08-28-2009, 05:48 AM
lol wera stop following me around

Ginnsey
08-28-2009, 06:38 AM
hmmm metal. i like sabbath.....thats about it!! I see sabbath more as classic rock though than metal. i dont like metalica.... or nirvana... ohh but i like a few iron maiden tracks (probably the ones that are the least metal sounding like "dream of mirrors" although it does get heavier towards the end.... but i prefere the begining part lol)

cream, hendrix, doors, beatles, wishbone ash, pink floyd, led zepplin, queen, yes, deep purple and guess who! thats music to me..... as soon as some fuckin Tard starts screaming down the microphone i switch the track/station and that includes crunk lil jon bullshit too!!! as soon screaming starts i have lost all intrest/respect for that song

ALCATRAZ
08-28-2009, 06:45 AM
^thank you

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-28-2009, 09:32 AM
Nirvana is not metal, they got punkish on a few songs, but they were never metal.

And for the record, not every metal album has screaming on it. Hiphop and Metal are the most diverse music genres, and I admit, some are trash [satanistic metal, crunk rap, ... shit like that] ... u still have shit like Orchestral Metal, which can be pretty much thrilling and enjoyable....

The Hound
08-28-2009, 09:36 AM
It's clear to see the people who "hate" metal really have no clue on metal - how you gonna sit there and name Nirvana as an example? lol GTFO. You don't classify Sabbath as metal? They're the fucking ORIGINATORS of metal with Zeppelin and Deep Purple, fail #2 there. The biggest failure speakonittom and others have is they don't realise there are atleast 10 different sub-genres of metal. If you'd even heard a song by Sabbath, Deep Purple, Van Halen, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Motley Crue, Accept, Metallica etc... you'd realise there is no "screaming" on metal and that "screaming" usually comes with the ultra heavy, death/black metal shit.

No, you don't need to like it but you should atleast come correct with your "assertions."

Matthew
08-28-2009, 09:56 AM
why doesn't dude just get banned from forums it's clearly evident he never posts shit worth reading

ALCATRAZ
08-28-2009, 12:35 PM
all of you sayin you hate metal would probly really enjoy hearing my metal band's jam sessions

aw nigga is u promotin undercover? come on now

Matthew
08-28-2009, 06:18 PM
lol hahahaaa mayb I judged u 2 quickly, clown ass fool

oDoUoSoKo
08-28-2009, 08:22 PM
The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn from the Crow

dog ... ur a faggit
you know what they call a group of crows, charlie?

ALCATRAZ
08-28-2009, 09:43 PM
iono a murder?

oDoUoSoKo
08-28-2009, 09:54 PM
you got it

Martial-Expert
08-29-2009, 06:17 AM
electronic music anyone??

such as underworld, daft punk, aphex twin, bloody beetroots, the chemical brothers, bjork???

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-29-2009, 08:23 AM
^^^^nah, I think especially those artists get much love

ALCATRAZ
08-29-2009, 09:12 AM
didnt rza produce a song for bjork ...

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-29-2009, 09:56 AM
yeah, the remix of bachelorette

Matthew
08-29-2009, 10:42 AM
YeaYea Daft Punk & Aphex Twin that's that shit.. this thread is talking about how the genre of Metal is mistaken though, neway uhhhhh why they call you speakonitrob Alcie? ;)

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-29-2009, 11:27 AM
we call him a lot of things.

speakonitgod was his username before he changed about a week ago

Longbongcilvaringz
08-29-2009, 02:22 PM
electronic music anyone??

such as underworld, daft punk, aphex twin, bloody beetroots, the chemical brothers, bjork???

Maybe.

But recently the genre has permeated the mainstream, and most people are aware of stuff in the same vein as The Blood Beetroots.

Steve Aoki and other cunts like him are just as popular as most pop acts.

Personally, can't stand The Bloody Beetroots.

Everything they make is fucking jarring and formulaic to me.

Cécile and Delphi are the Italian's you want to keep an ear out for.

Martial-Expert
08-29-2009, 05:16 PM
ohh yeah sorrys i kinda went of topic there, i didnt actually mean they were "mistaken" or under rated artists, there all well established artists critically and commercially, i just meant in general is anyone really diggin their music!

Martial-Expert
08-29-2009, 05:18 PM
Personally, can't stand The Bloody Beetroots.

there not amazing thought their album is decent and i saw them live a few weeks ago and there really fucking good live, very energetic!

btw they did a remix on U-God's Dopium!

oDoUoSoKo
08-29-2009, 05:43 PM
you know why they call him Alcatraz??? LMAO!!!!!! (POTENTIAL RACIAL JOKE)

ALCATRAZ
08-29-2009, 05:59 PM
i yawn every time i read one of your posts

oDoUoSoKo
08-29-2009, 10:02 PM
i sigh, when i read yours. and so does everyone else on the corp.

Longbongcilvaringz
08-30-2009, 04:46 AM
ohh yeah sorrys i kinda went of topic there, i didnt actually mean they were "mistaken" or under rated artists, there all well established artists critically and commercially, i just meant in general is anyone really diggin their music!

Yeah, i dig.

A lot of people around here are into that kind of shit though.

Not sure about in the states, but i assume it's similar.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-31-2009, 07:12 AM
i yawn every time i read one of your posts

it's not his fault that u don't get it, lmao

Matthew
08-31-2009, 01:01 PM
what's your display pic looks familiar i feel i should know it talking to you DUSK

crass
09-01-2009, 07:06 AM
Good metal is great. A lot of thrash/speed metal bands were influenced by punk and hardcore.
If you want to hear the most suicidal metal ever...

U12BUAoVDVw&

oDoUoSoKo
09-01-2009, 03:39 PM
what's your display pic looks familiar i feel i should know it talking to you DUSK
Strong guy

JASPER
09-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Good metal is great. A lot of thrash/speed metal bands were influenced by punk and hardcore.
If you want to hear the most suicidal metal ever...

U12BUAoVDVw&
RdW8lt6u4RY

Listen to Electric Wizzard.

You will like it.

Matthew
09-02-2009, 12:00 AM
electric wizard is sick

Krusha
09-02-2009, 03:11 AM
Aphex Twin is a fucking lunatic!

Matthew
09-18-2009, 03:57 PM
i sigh, when i read yours. and so does everyone else on the corp.

real talk