PDA

View Full Version : Critical Beatdown Vs. Yo! Bumrush the Show

oDoUoSoKo
08-26-2009, 09:07 PM
the debuts of 2 very talented and influential Hip Hop groups..both utilizing sick ass beats and hard ass rhymes...very simple question...answers shouldnt be tho..ill save my answer for later...lets see what people here think (this should be interesting)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8b/UltramagneticMCsCriticalBeatdownAlbumCover.jpeg

vs

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/59/Yo%21_Bum_Rush_the_Show.jpg

sdeblasi
08-26-2009, 10:47 PM
i gotta go with Critical Beatdown, thats one of my favorite albums ever, with beats that were different from everything else at the time, they still sound fresh. Kool Keith was also very different than most mcs but very ill. Critical Beatdown takes it for me but if were comparing it against Nations... my answer would be different

Memory Man
08-26-2009, 11:24 PM
critical beatdown by a mile. it's not even really fair because public enemy considered that album dated when it was released in '87, and critical beatdown was cutting edge in '88. my guess is that if you made the poll, you'll vote for p.e.

main_man
08-26-2009, 11:27 PM
damn. hard question for a east coast hip hop head.

gotta roll with beatdown. it was ahead of its time. and kinda set the tone for hardcore rhymers with dirty beats. keith is on fire on that album.

although megablast is one of my favorite p.e. songs in their catalog.

djskillz
08-26-2009, 11:27 PM
I gotta say Critical Beatdown. sdeblasi hit the nail on the head with his answer.

THE MASON
08-27-2009, 10:17 AM
Critical Beatdown by a long shot..... Kool Keith was ill on that shit, a lot of people forget he was from that era before Dr. Octagon. This would have been better compared with It Takes a Nation of Millions.... Bum Rush the Show isnt even that good as far as P.E albums go

Ghost In The 'Lac
08-27-2009, 10:29 AM
just look at how that crazy bitch was dressed, he stayed ahead of his time

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8b/UltramagneticMCsCriticalBeatdownAlbumCover.jpeg

I see hip hop fools dressed like that everywhere now, over baggy, but then it wasnt the main look

oDoUoSoKo
08-28-2009, 07:25 PM
critical beatdown by a mile. it's not even really fair because public enemy considered that album dated when it was released in '87, and critical beatdown was cutting edge in '88. my guess is that if you made the poll, you'll vote for p.e.
wrong...i vote for beatdown, the reason i put yo! is because it takes woulda been a landslide:)9:(

Memory Man
08-28-2009, 07:43 PM
wrong...i vote for beatdown, the reason i put yo! is because it takes woulda been a landslide:)9:(

this poll is pretty lanslidey tho.

LORD NOSE
08-28-2009, 08:06 PM
Critical

oDoUoSoKo
08-28-2009, 08:19 PM
this poll is pretty lanslidey tho.
word, eloels..didnt expect that...ill put it up against another album.

Tony Bandana
08-28-2009, 10:03 PM
fuck dat..Public Enemy .

ill never go against the first 3 PE albums.

I showed you my gun , my uzi weighz a ton, because im Public Enemy #1 .

ONGH