PDA

View Full Version : Luda?

Wu-tang Fan
08-28-2009, 09:20 AM
Ya'll, peace yall. Any cats here who like Luda? I like his joints but sometimes feel that he is too unserious and shit. On joints were he does get serious though (and stops talking about hoes) I feel that he drops the heat. For example, since "Bring da ruckus" I have never heard a joint as hyped as "Get back". I bumped that joint when it came out and still bump it now. I would like to get more into his music but don't have the money to buy any music albums at the moment. Ya'll can post your appreciation in this thread.

Poetic Wun
08-28-2009, 09:40 AM
he's like a southern Redman

he the illest *mainstream* southern emcee
(don't get at me gnom lol)

Ghost In The 'Lac
08-28-2009, 09:43 AM

)

he is a bit lol

idk i just think hes a bit of a cartoon character type dude.

cap
08-28-2009, 09:55 AM
probably one of my favourite rappers, im probably the only person in the world who thinks 'the red light district' is his best album, although its a close call between that and last year's 'theater of the mind'.

narc
08-28-2009, 10:43 AM
dR9GRK9vrlU

Mcthuggin99
08-28-2009, 11:07 AM

he the illest *mainstream* southern emcee
(don't get at me gnom lol)
yes he is like redman. hes dope. best outta atlanta IMO

djskillz
08-28-2009, 06:22 PM

Lol definitely. His best shit was definitely his earlier shit. Back for the First Time to Red Light District. Haven't heard Theater of the Mind yet.

spiggity_ace
08-28-2009, 11:33 PM
yes he is like redman. hes dope. best outta atlanta IMO

yea hes dope but u really think hes better than andre 3000 and big boi?

11th Chamber
08-29-2009, 04:10 AM
Other than Release Therapy, all of his albums have been good.

Im prolly the only person that thinks this, but my favorite album from him is Chicken and Beer.

Wu-tang Fan
08-29-2009, 06:57 AM
Word up, thanks for the opinions guys. I guess what most of ya'll have said is true, he is a big of a cartoon type character, especially when he has those big arms in some videos. Some of his joints like "Get out the way" and as I mentioned earlier "Get back" are really well suited to everyday real life situations as well.

djskillz
08-29-2009, 10:06 AM
Other than Release Therapy, all of his albums have been good.

Im prolly the only person that thinks this, but my favorite album from him is Chicken and Beer.

I would have to agree with you. From a lyrical standpoint and from beat selection.

angry!
08-29-2009, 10:27 AM
luda is talented as fuck!!! if youre an emcee, theres no way you can sleep on luda. im not the biggest fan of his albums, but hes got verses that have floored me!!!

flow, energy, wit, humor, hes the total package!!! go listen to the "made you look" remix right now if you havent heard it. luda has the illest verse in my opinion and nas and jada were both going in for theirs!!!!! homie was snapping hard on word of mouf, thats probably my favortie body of work from cris. the sad thing is hell grab a primo beat, and then court a guest spot from a bum ass no talent nigga like plies in the same swing!!!

ALCATRAZ
08-29-2009, 10:32 AM
perfect example of wasted potential

11th Chamber
08-29-2009, 12:37 PM
How is he wasted potential?

Every album he drops is good, and he's looked at as one of the best rappers in the south

Mcthuggin99
08-29-2009, 01:02 PM
yea hes dope but u really think hes better than andre 3000 and big boi?
Andre is good but i never really liked Big Boi so i would say that Andre 3000 could be better than Luda i need to give both rappers some listens.

triPAUD
08-29-2009, 04:16 PM
probably one of my favourite rappers, im probably the only person in the world who thinks 'the red light district' is his best album, although its a close call between that and last year's 'theater of the mind'.

co sign

Rame
08-31-2009, 05:24 AM
His last album is great. Before that I just heard loose tracks.

Prolifical ENG
08-31-2009, 05:36 PM
"I shoot videos and get knobs slobbed in trailers
Then hit stage and 'break a leg' like Lawrence Taylor"

I never get sick of Luda when he's dropping lines like that.

drippie k
09-01-2009, 03:11 AM
luda's one of the best...why he dont collab with redman more often especially since theyre on the same label, is beyond me

but theatre of the mind and word of mouf are mos def his best albums...people hold him with such high regards but he still seems underrated

Prolifical ENG
09-01-2009, 04:57 PM
"Its you and I, Do or Die, who am I?"
I got a pocket full of 'Family Stones', 'cats' think I'm 'Sly'"

oh shit!