PDA

View Full Version : I don't like DOA

TSA
08-30-2009, 01:57 PM
jay's single. it's boring as hell.
as hell.

i dont think very many ppl like it either, i just think he promotes it to look that way and everyone walks around with the assumption that it's this huge smash it but you never hear anyone or hear of anyone playing it in their free time, cars, houses, apt ect ect.

same effect with that gay show me what you got
lil waynes version was a real live hit though cause you would here ppl play and quote it.

Jay-z is so rehearsed and boring

Rame
08-30-2009, 02:01 PM
Let's see what his album sales do after this single.

THE MASON
08-30-2009, 02:03 PM
i agree with this

hes all about getting money one way or the other, which i understand but dont make shitty boring music in the process

im not checkin for Blueprint 3, looks weak

Mcthuggin99
08-30-2009, 02:07 PM
check out that bone thugs version.
http://i29.tinypic.com/264s20j.jpg

jay has just gotten boring since he came back

ALCATRAZ
08-30-2009, 02:38 PM
cosign threadstarter its a boring song maybe i'm biased cuz i don't like many of his songs to begin with ...

SL33
08-30-2009, 02:57 PM
agree with tsa. dude is actually dissing an audio processor, plus he gives shout outs to clue and khaled. he's acting all quasi militant and grimey like we don't know how fresh and clean he is. market is oversaturated with his albums, he should wait.

he needs a guy who bites cats.

TSA
08-30-2009, 03:01 PM
the song is also very dumb. ok, ur gonna make a song about rappers following too many trends meanwhile you've been following trends your whole career (name 1 thing that originates with Jay-z) and use autotunes as well.

dude is just boring. i feel reasonable doubt was weak cause it was so boring and rehearsed, and nothing sounds genuine from the guy.

i like a lot of this songs, hard knock life, H to the Izzo, big pimpin d evils and more on reasonable doubt, but listen to a whole Jay-z album? gtfo.

KERZO
08-30-2009, 03:20 PM
i see your point tsa but jay at least said..

holdup, this aint a number 1 record
this is practically assualt with a deadly weapon.

so he's admitting the content of the track is the main priority rather than sales.

He's obviously still using it to promote his album and whats ironic is that it's produced by kanye west..the dude that brought auto-tune back for a full album,lmfao

SL33
08-30-2009, 03:23 PM
that it's produced by kanye west..the dude that brought auto-tune back for a full album,lmfao

i think that no id produced doa.

KERZO
08-30-2009, 03:27 PM
quote from MTV SL33:

"This is anti-Auto-Tune, death of the Ringtone," Hov begins rapping over a track co-produced by Kanye West and No I.D. Hard drums and horns blaze as Jay conjures images of a black John Dillinger holding a smoking Tommy Gun, laying down a fool ignorant enough to stand in his way. Jay is back to kill biting MCs.

SL33
08-30-2009, 03:31 PM
ok ^^ my mistake !

Thworldisyours
08-30-2009, 03:37 PM
Yeah, its definitely overrated but on the same side its one of the few newer Jay-Z tracks I like...

The beat is good but lyrically its nothing special or groundbreaking... Actually I listen to more freestyles to it than the actual track (i.e. The Green Lantern Slaughterhouse session)...

Royce > Jigga right now... Easily...

ALCATRAZ
08-30-2009, 04:03 PM
its true ... most jay stans will never admit this but he hasn't originated jack shit ... someone asked me what year reasonable doubt came out and i told that nigga without taking a second to think, 1996 .. how did i know it was 1996? because an album had to come out beforehand for him to bite (ob4cl -- 1995) .. his whole legacy has been one big ass bite

"wanted to be on every last one of my classics" -nas LOL

TSA
08-30-2009, 04:05 PM
i see your point tsa but jay at least said..

holdup, this aint a number 1 record
this is practically assualt with a deadly weapon.

so he's admitting the content of the track is the main priority rather than sales.

He's obviously still using it to promote his album and whats ironic is that it's produced by kanye west..the dude that brought auto-tune back for a full album,lmfao
i dont give a fuck about his motive the song sucks.

rappers are the only musicians that get award for making shitty pieces of music

Divine King
08-30-2009, 04:52 PM
I thought the trak was aight

J-DON
08-30-2009, 05:15 PM
Me neither. The beat is dope but Jay-Z says absolutely nothing on the track. Its just meaningless gibberish and a terrible version of Biggie's "ONGH"

Rame
08-30-2009, 05:55 PM
Lol @ saying Jay-Z didn't originate.

I haven't heard a track like DOA before.

Remember his albums and tours with R. Kelly. Best of Both Worlds.
His 360 deal with Live Nation.
Like it or not, he was Big Pimpin when everyone else was stuck in the ghetto.
He has always been working with the freshest producers.

Not liking him is ok but making stuff up is just lame.

_XPZSbdyPKk

ALCATRAZ
08-30-2009, 06:03 PM
I haven't heard a track like DOA before.

lol really rama ... really

JASPER
08-30-2009, 06:15 PM
That Janko Nilovic track is ill to to death.

I usually prefer the original songs over the sampled hip hop beats, but I gotta say, Kayene flipped this well.

main_man
08-30-2009, 06:53 PM
hate!hate!hate!hate!

if i gave enough of a fuck about posting, i'd put a pic of the chappelle show haters up.lol but i dont.

anyway, i think the songs tight. jigga is rapping slow as fuck, but with lines like "this is sinatra at the opera, bring a blonde.preferably one with a fat ass that can sing a song."
jay won me over.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
08-30-2009, 06:57 PM
i like the beat but jay's lyrics haven't been on point in a while lyrically i thought american gangsta were better because he was focused now it's just hype this album won't live up 2 the hype

Mcthuggin99
08-30-2009, 07:05 PM
never gonna be the same

ug3bS8HnkZw

YungSunny
08-30-2009, 07:16 PM

Takeover has the same vibe.

ALCATRAZ
08-30-2009, 08:02 PM
i'm just sayin it's one thing to defend the guy but to say you've never heard anything like DOA before LOL that's just retarded

logik
08-31-2009, 01:08 AM
i totally respect everyone's opinion but i dont know wut else you guys want from this man.

he went on stage and basically dissed everyone in front of him. yes he has had commercial success. yes he did the big pimping bull shit, but right now he said exactly what we (or maybe just me) have been saying for a long time. if anyone else would have made that song it would of got zero traction. the fact that he has he commercial appeal is better for real hip hop fans cuz weather you like him or not, people follow jay.

and for the people saying it dont get radio play, listen to the song again. he says it wont get radio love in the song. Why would the radio play that when hes dissing practically every song they play after it?

radio dont want songs like that. they want to keep playing the bullshit cuz thats what makes them money.... just my oppinon.

main_man
08-31-2009, 01:46 AM
^ this is wu-corp. everybody hates everything. even the wu tang clan. lol.

Rame
08-31-2009, 02:42 AM

I mean a track in that style, I'm sure someone dssed autotune before.

Name 1.

TSA
08-31-2009, 02:52 AM
^ruthless dick rider.

Rame
08-31-2009, 03:07 AM
It's funny how you can't deny what I said.

Divine King
08-31-2009, 09:32 AM
http://justiceleagueunlimited.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/chappelle-player-haters-ball.jpg

main_man
08-31-2009, 11:29 AM
http://justiceleagueunlimited.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/chappelle-player-haters-ball.jpg

^ YEEEEEESSSSSS!!!

hate!hate!hate!hate!

RALPH WIGGUM
08-31-2009, 11:36 AM
I don't know why some people hate on jay z like that, DOA is dope. And Show me watcha got was dope too, even though I prefered the PE song.
The Blueprint III is probably gonna be great music.

Twiztid-Wutang
08-31-2009, 11:44 AM
The track was and is trash. Its like the way people started to shit on the south when it took over rap, Their shitting on whats hot, and Jay is a fucking hypocrite for this shit.

HIS BOY IS THE BIGGEST CULPRIT of the auto tune over usage.

KillahBee09
08-31-2009, 11:57 AM
D.O.A is decent,it's not great but ive heard worse!
Heres a much better track dissing autotune,out a year before jigga done D.O.A!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgEKhAYRGFw

IrOnMaN
08-31-2009, 12:00 PM
BTNH version is MUCH more better.:)

Rame
08-31-2009, 12:33 PM
Much more better..

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.