PDA

View Full Version : You know I kinda hate Jay-Z for breaking up Rocafella...

Thworldisyours
08-30-2009, 04:55 PM
Think about it...

Not too long ago, Rocafella consisted of Jay-Z, Kanye West, Beanie Sigel, Memphis Bleek, Cam'ron, Juelz Santana, Hell Rell, Jim Jones, Freeway, Young Gunz, Peedi Crakk, M.O.P., and Twista...

AND you had producers like Kanye, Just Blaze, Bink, Chad Wes, Heatmakerz, etc.

And because of jealous and envy, all of that was ruined...

And IMO, Jay-Z is the one to blame... So what if Dame gave Cam an executive position, who cares... Everybody knows Jay-Z is Jay-Z so why should he feel threatened about ANYTHING...

And now Rocafella is what... 40SomethingJay, Emo Kanye, and Rihanna??? Please...

ALCATRAZ
08-30-2009, 05:01 PM
you should know by now jay z whole goal is just to make money he does not care about the music once he knew the money was rolling in ... he doesn't care about you he never has "i dumbed down for my audience to double my dollars" ... sad what money does to niggaz

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-30-2009, 05:02 PM
and you have other rappers somewhere else doing new shit just for us

Beanie showed us this year that he don't need Jay, go listen to his album. Also Freeway is a good dude.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-30-2009, 05:04 PM
you should know by now jay z whole goal is just to make money he does not care about the music once he knew the money was rolling in ... he doesn't care about you he never has "i dumbed down for my audience to double my dollars" ... sad what money does to niggaz

as I already proved, Nas and Wu [before they released The W] said something similiar.

and no, Jay-Z isn't all about money, but I don't blaim him making his own empire, shit, I would too

J-DON
08-30-2009, 06:22 PM
I think its better that they went their seperate ways. Jay-Z, while giving them huge promo by being all over their shit, stifled their shine for the same reason. Think about it, how many Rocafella artists DIDNT have a Jay-Z appearance on their main singles? Dipset, Kanye and that's pretty much it. The rest were all in Jay-Z's shadow and were seen as lesser versions of Jay-Z. Now Kanye, Dipset, Beans and Freeway have been able to make somewhat of a name for themselves seperate from Jay. It was in the best interest of the rocafella artists that had any worth on their own to get out from under Jay-z's thumb.

ALCATRAZ
08-30-2009, 06:38 PM
as I already proved, Nas and Wu [before they released The W] said something similiar.

nas and wu tang never openly admitted to dumbing down their lyrics for money ... if you can prove they did, i would honestly lose a little respect for em

Rame
08-31-2009, 05:19 AM
Rocafella consists of Jay-Z, Kanye, Beanie Sigel & Jadakiss.

Sure they were a good team but Dipset went seperate ways anyway and that's not because of Jay, M.O.P has had multiple labels without releasing an album.

Rappers leave labels all the time.

It's easy to say it's Jay-Z's fault while you probably don't know half of what happened.

Divine King
08-31-2009, 10:24 AM
yeah rocafella was aight back in the day but thats the way the music industry goes...

angry!
08-31-2009, 10:44 AM
its a two way street!!!

i feel for dame when i see old clips of him riding out on bitch made label cats for jay!!!

i feel for jay when dame grabbed his boy killa and started grooming him as the next nigga in line!!!

it does kinda seem like jay has turned on just about all his long time friends and associates though, jaz-o somewhere mad as fuck right now!!!!

but fuck roca fella, jay still makin music, beans still makin music, other than that fuck that label!!! and wheres odb and m.o.p.s. rocafella material sitting at!!?!?!