PDA

View Full Version : Busta Rhymes - The Chemo

flipmode123
09-01-2009, 04:17 PM
New York rapper is hoping to come back out in December with a new LP. The kid is prolific.

"The new album is 80 percent finished, and it's called The Chemo. It's the first time I'm announcing the name of the album. It's self-explanatory. We're coming to kill the cancer in music. I ain't trying to offend anybody. I think it's real important that we keep. ... We gotta re-establish the understanding that the perspective of hip-hop is to make music that always felt undeniable and unprecedented and we set a standard. And we always made sure we supplied the demand of being the ultimate cutting-edge form of entertainment that we always have and will always be. We always did a good job at doing that.

MTV
http://www.mtv.com/videos/news/433082/busta-rhymes-reveals-new-album-name.jhtml

VIMEO:
http://vimeo.com/6383698

http://www.flipmodefans.com

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-01-2009, 04:20 PM
what an awful fucking name. this guys a fucking douche. he obviously has no idea about what people go thru on chemo, or what their families have to go thru during it. its not something anyone wants to be reminded of by a fucking douchebag loud mouth fool like busta rhymes.

claaa7
09-01-2009, 04:36 PM
Busta owes us a hot fucking album after that bullshit garbage "BOMB" LP he dropped on us this year..

oDoUoSoKo
09-01-2009, 04:45 PM
what an awful fucking name. this guys a fucking douche. he obviously has no idea about what people go thru on chemo, or what their families have to go thru during it. its not something anyone wants to be reminded of by a fucking douchebag loud mouth fool like busta rhymes.
lmao...something actually hits home for you...he doesnt want you to be his friend..eloels.

but seriously..Busta Rhymes can kiss my ass...his music is, by his own definition...cancer.

THE MASON
09-02-2009, 11:50 AM
im down with Busta, i like his music but BOMB was trash and if this doesnt bring back some of the old Busta i enjoy then fuck it, Busta has lost his game

GSTYLE
09-02-2009, 11:56 AM
hetalkin about saving music, yet his last album was a flop in every sense?

MAYOR QUIMBY
09-02-2009, 10:41 PM
Out of all the endless combination of words and infiinate amount of topics to talk about, he just had to name the album "The Chemo." Really now...

flipmode123
10-20-2009, 09:31 AM
PRODUCERS that wants in on the new album "THE CHEMO" send your beats to FEEDTHESTREETSFOREVER@GMAIL.COM

TAURO
10-20-2009, 10:08 AM
Busta really needs to step his game up, his last few albums have been pure garbage.

Thworldisyours
10-20-2009, 10:45 AM
Busta really needs to step his game up, his last few albums have been pure garbage.

Bomb was straight garbage but I thought The Big Bang was decent when it was released...

Even tho it was a mixtape, Dillagence was good as well...

Bomb was really a pathetic attempt to drop a contrived commercial album for the masses. It had to be a huge failure for him to even be releasing another album so soon (didnt Bomb drop less than HALF a YEAR ago???)

But who are we kidding... This album will be delayed like every album is nowadays...

NEWRdaMC
10-20-2009, 10:52 AM
lol i downloaded the INTERSCOPE version of B.O.M.bs' and its waaaaaaaay better than the one that dropped, everyone rmmber he he switched labels? if he wouldve stayed on aftermath, he probably wouldve have sold twice as much bo2, all the pre-singles that were out for the albums were all fire, 'we made it' i think didnt make the final cut, "I got bass' <-dope song, and one song that didnt make the doody BOMB was "undescrible"

the new album's name is a fuckin disgrace on humanity, my lil cousin went through that shit, aint nothing funny about, bust should join the meth,rae,and ghost project tho thatd be sumthin

drippie k
10-20-2009, 08:43 PM
the chemo??? so much for him having apocalypse-themed names...BOMBS was hella gay, his worst album by far...i don't think he even liked the album

flipmode123
11-21-2009, 09:52 AM
Less than a year after releasing his eighth studio album, "Back on My B.S.," New York rapper Busta Rhymes plans to strengthen the state of the music industry, which he says is "dying like cancer is killing it," with his brand new effort, "The Chemo."

"I called the album 'The Chemo' because it seems like the industry and music overall is dying slowly," Busta told Billboard.com of the Flipmode/Universal Motown project, slated for an early 2010 release.

"The cancer that's stricken the business is killing the music, not only from a business standpoint, but also the value of the content and the creativity behind it. I just want to start the first stage of chemotherapy treatment that needs to take place and hopefully inspire others to do their part and contribute to different stages of the cure."

Still, Busta recognizes those artists who are taking a stand against the "dying industry" by putting out "great music," noting that "Jay-Z put out an incredible album this year and Lil Wayne put out an incredible album last year." Others he commends include Jadakiss, Drake and Trey Songz.

Busta's also played a role this year with the release of "B.S.," which debuted at No. 5 on the Billboard 200 and reached No. 2 on Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums, selling 135,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

A single hasn't been selected yet, but Busta says fans can expect new music to hit the radio waves and blogosphere in December. So far, featured artists on "Chemo" include Chris Brown, Trey Songz, Wyclef Jean & Sean "Diddy" Combs

Meta4
11-22-2009, 02:05 AM
A single hasn't been selected yet, but Busta says fans can expect new music to hit the radio waves and blogosphere in December. So far, featured artists on "Chemo" include Chris Brown, Trey Songz, Wyclef Jean & Sean "Diddy" Combs

Hahahahaha oh shit, I know these people got track records but this motherfucker out his mind. how you gonna kill cancer when your givin it a home cooked meal?

GHOSTTOAST
11-22-2009, 04:17 PM
^ REAL TALK ! Fuck this fake ass Hip Hop is Dead album wannabee bullshit !

flipmode123
01-25-2010, 12:43 PM
XXLMag.com: You dropped B.O.M.B. last May and are already knocking out The Chemo. What’s the thought process behind putting out a new album so quickly?

Busta Rhymes: The reason I decided to come with another album so quickly is because I was inspired. There’s music coming out lately that’s definitely inspired me to want to stay in the studio.

XXLMag.com: What’s the meaning behind the name of the new album?

Busta Rhymes: The thing that I want to primarily get across through the name of the album is there are many stages of chemotherapy, depending on the level of cancer existing in someone. The life line of the way we value hip-hop overall, knit picking songs… it’s completely misconstrued the value of the content and I think that’s definitely something that’s contributed to the slow death that not even hip-hop but the music industry is encountering. I want to do whatever it is on my part to contribute to that initial treatment to start inspiring others to go in the direction necessary so that we can all collectively save the music industry.

XXLMag.com: Being that your goal is to inspire other artists, who are you actually working with on the record?

Busta Rhymes: I don’t want to disclose the cameos but I do have records with people like Wyclef. Salaam Remi did the record that me and Wyclef did. Big up to Trey Songz, Chris Brown, P. Diddy and Dirty Money… Again, I don’t know who and what’s going to end up on the [final] album because a lot of it is contingent on clearances… I’m still in the process so we’ll know in time.

XXLMag.com: You mentioned Salaam Remi, what other producers have you worked with so far?

Busta Rhymes: I got a lot of great people coming to the table on the production level, so far Focus, Rockwilder, Nottz, the legendary, late, great J Dilla, DJ Scratch, Cool & Dre, the Runners… those are just the names of a few of the people that’s come to the table… Oh, and Dr. Dre came to the table again.

http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=68526