PDA

View Full Version : Jin The MC Becomes Christian Rapper

MR HIP HOP HEAD
09-03-2009, 03:39 PM
http://www.asiaarts.ucla.edu/030404/040403_images/music_jin1.jpg

Former battle rap champ Jin is making his way back into the spotlight as a Christian rapper signed to Universal Hong Kong.

Now a born again Christian residing in Hong Kong, Jin has changed the content of his music, but still manages to showcase his lyrical prowess.

Recently Jin released a new track titled “Welcome to the Light Club,” which is fueled by a catchy beat.

Here is an except from the track:

"I got a session booked for7 and its 6:35/ so I got 25 minutes to conjure up this rhyme/its been a long time right stepped away from the limelight/ but the breaks over Holy Spirit takeover/they say the truth will set you free if you so believe/ Jesus is the truth with Him freedom can be achieved"

Via his ayojin.com webpage, Jin chronicles his adventures in this new lifestyle and he describes one trip by saying, "Did a quick performance, gave a testimony and just enjoyed God’s presence."

Jin initially gained his popularity as the "Freestyle Friday Champ” on BET's 106 and Park, then went on to sign with the Ruff Ryders.

In 2004, Jin released his debut album, The Rest Is History, which garnered the lead single “Learn Chinese.”

He also made his acting debut in a the blockbuster film 2 Fast 2 Furious.

http://allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2009/09/03/21923200.aspx

Krusha
09-03-2009, 03:47 PM
Jin was an awesome battle rapper... What a shame.....

Twiztid-Wutang
09-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Didnt expect this at all. But hey, its his journey

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-03-2009, 04:47 PM
those chinks know how to sell shit. theres def a market for this shit in HK.

RAW-TASTE
09-06-2009, 08:24 PM
this kid can fuckin spit off the dome so well...his albums are trash though i listened to it and its just generic ass boring shit but dam you watch his freestyles hes crazy in that shit...props to him he probably will get more fame from HK than america

Dissonance
09-06-2009, 08:35 PM
The last I heard of Jin is when he got totally clowned in a freestyle battle. He tried to come all hard and the dude just made fun of him with some hilarious shit. It was obvious that Jin is an idiot and cant actually freestyle bc he kept going with his hard pre written rhymes that made him look fucking retarded. I guess he needed Jesus after that.

BGS
09-08-2009, 10:20 AM
ZrOZsNBDbKk

BRONZBODY
09-10-2009, 10:25 AM
i wish him nothing but the best. its his choice so i respect it.

BRONZBODY
09-10-2009, 10:27 AM
The last I heard of Jin is when he got totally clowned in a freestyle battle. He tried to come all hard and the dude just made fun of him with some hilarious shit. It was obvious that Jin is an idiot and cant actually freestyle bc he kept going with his hard pre written rhymes that made him look fucking retarded. I guess he needed Jesus after that.if u talking about the one with serius jones then there was no way he could have won that battle. serius came at him with the racist shit. the first time jin would have came with a black joke, i dont care how much wushu he knows, even bruce lee could'nt stop a mob of niggas.

NY_Mami
09-15-2009, 11:02 AM
Last time I heard Jin.... he got beat by Serious Jones...... and then I heard he be sellin' knockoffs on Canal Street......

prof zooruka
09-16-2009, 10:04 PM
go jin

peace be with you !

ALCATRAZ
10-17-2009, 02:18 AM
if u talking about the one with serius jones then there was no way he could have won that battle. serius came at him with the racist shit. the first time jin would have came with a black joke, i dont care how much wushu he knows, even bruce lee could'nt stop a mob of niggas.
word lol

kid-supa-nuwa
11-12-2009, 08:50 PM
jin is gay den ! islam is the best religion eva ! it liberates

-IrOnBuLL-
11-24-2009, 08:39 AM
i heard a rumor that jin iz goin to battle again vs. DIZASTER.
if thatz true, DIZ will uze the "religion-card" to whip the shit out of jin
mos definite

-IrOnBuLL-
11-24-2009, 08:41 AM
but jin vs. serious jonez waz a fair battle. FACT

David Daniel Davis
09-08-2010, 09:22 PM
Peace to Jin.

Rame
09-19-2010, 12:01 PM
Didn't know this. Must be why I haven't heard from him in ages.

hide1998
10-06-2010, 02:32 AM
Jin had one really dope album (the undergound release after his Ruff Rider album). And a very strong mixtape (that felt like an album) after that. He will always be a very talented rapper. Musically, I'm not sure I will be able to vibe with his new material, but I'll give it a shot just off his skills alone. As someone said, this is his journey. Props to Jin.