PDA

View Full Version : NEW!! KRS-One/Buckshot ft. Mary J Blige (prod. by Black Milk)

claaa7
09-03-2009, 06:57 PM
More shit off the "Survival Skills", this time produced by Black Milk and featuring good ol Mary J Blige.. from Okayplayer.com:

PEEP IT (http://2dopeboyz.okayplayer.com/2009/09/03/krs-one-buckshot-the-way-i-live-f-mary-j-blige-prod-black-milk/)

beeboy
09-04-2009, 03:53 AM
yeah..thx bro

Reiko
09-04-2009, 07:33 AM
nice track, I want to hear whole LP already, heard they got Immortal Technique and Sean P on it.

claaa7
09-04-2009, 07:54 AM
^^ yes and also Pharoahe Monch if understood that correctly, or it was a joint for P's LP??

claaa7
09-04-2009, 08:06 AM
yo i found the tracklisting with production credits and features to it.. looks ILL - Illmind, 9th Wonder, Marco Polo and Nottz are some of the illest producers of the "new" generation imo and the guests looks very solid for the most part.

01. "Survival Skills" (ft. DJ Revolution) [prod. by IllMind]
02. "Robot" [prod. by Havoc]
03. "The Way I Live" (ft. Mary J Blige) [prod. by Black Milk]
04. "Clean Up Crew" (ft. Rock) [prod. by IllMind]
05. "Oh Really" (ft. Talib Kweli) [prod. by Marco Polo]
06. "Connection" (ft. Smif-N-Wessun) [prod. by Moss]
07. "Runnin' Away" (ft. Immortal Technique) [prod. by Black Milk]
08. "Think Of All The Things" (ft. K'NAAN) [prod. by DJ Mentplus]
09. "One Shot" (ft. Pharoahe Monch) [prod. by Nottz]
10. "Amazin" (ft. Sean Price & Loudmouf Choir) [prod. by Khrysis]
11. "Hear No Evil" [prod. by Khrysis]
12. "Murder 1" (ft. Bounty Killer) [prod. by Coptic]
13. "We Made It" (ft. Slug of Atmosphere) [prod. by IllMind]
14. "Past/Present/Future" (ft. Melanie Fiona & Naledge of Kidz in the Hall) [prod. by 9th Wonder]

Dr. Simon Hurt
09-04-2009, 08:18 AM
^^^^bounty killer?they got fucking bounty killer on this shit!
fuck yea...tracklisting looks luverly...even though i thought robot was kind of boring...if they keep the 'wack mc/state of hip hop' rhymes to a minimum this could be a very nice album

whitey
09-04-2009, 08:26 AM
i love bdp and old krs1 but his new shit is pretty unlistenable to me. i may give this a shot, but im looking forward to next to nothing besides the beats and guests

claaa7
09-04-2009, 09:06 AM
even though i thought robot was kind of boring...if they keep the 'wack mc/state of hip hop' rhymes to a minimum this could be a very nice album

gotta agree with you on that one, "Survival Skills" was a much better track though - that's a real banger!!

Reiko
09-04-2009, 09:07 AM
http://www.undergroundhiphop.com/store/covers_large/DDM2093CD-2-Back.jpg

here is a back cover ;) if someone's interested

Dr. Simon Hurt
09-04-2009, 09:24 AM
^^better than the front cover but still corny looking
krs-one resembles the dead bear

beeboy
09-04-2009, 09:48 AM
krs-one resembles the dead bear

funny point, but i like it...fuck all those stupid boring chiggy or grimey hiphop coverarts, this here is something else, why not.
and there´s some symbolism in it, that can ´t be overlooked.

the survival skills you need to survive in nature / rap industry
the dead bear may symbolize competitors in the music biz

ok, maybe it will take some time to get used to it, but for me its not corny nor wack

Dr. Simon Hurt
09-04-2009, 10:06 AM
^^^the concept of this and the cover are fine and i appreciate visual metaphors...they just look so photoshopped and glossy, it looks too artifical.
granted i don't expect them to actually kill a bear for some album art but it all looks too video gamey to me.

beeboy
09-04-2009, 10:28 AM
ok, true, the overall look is very photoshopy, u right with that.

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-04-2009, 10:31 AM
not feeling this at all