PDA

View Full Version : Ali Iz not the greatest

triggahappy187
06-16-2005, 11:00 AM
Ali Iz not the greatest of all time in boxin lil niggas on the street sayin Ali is the greatest an theyve never even witnessed em fight. I think a prime Louis woulda KO'ed Ali or even a prime Marciano. If your also a fan of boxin go 2 www.ootpdevelopments.com (http://www.ootpdevelopments.com) an download the demo of the game they put out its pretty sick

Definitive X
06-16-2005, 11:27 AM
Shut the fuck up, you onion-head bastard!

Liquidswordsman
06-16-2005, 12:06 PM
Ali is the greatest because of what he did for this sport and for our nation

stayshigh
06-16-2005, 12:15 PM
Ali is the greatest because of what he did for this sport and for our nationTrue, but you should knowledge Jack Johnson, he was the blue print.

100pr00f
06-16-2005, 12:21 PM
ali had the fastest hand speed in boxing..now i would say roy jones does.......

but ali is the greatest boxer of all time..in every fight his face would never show a mark

Liquidswordsman
06-16-2005, 01:13 PM
True, but you should knowledge Jack Johnson, he was the blue print.
I agree with that fact, but Ali was born in a different era where he could be a bigger inpact than jack. Jack was the knig back then, i really like his sportscars, its a shamed he died the way he did

TonyStarks29
06-16-2005, 01:22 PM
Cassius Clay changed boxing from a brute sport to one of finess and grace.

36chambers
06-16-2005, 01:27 PM
I like how when Ali was in the ring he'd tell u hes gunna kick the shit out of u ;)

TUCO
06-16-2005, 01:57 PM
Ali is without a doubt the greatest
Rocky Marciano was of course legendary but again the era in which these boxers boxed in always comes to question.....as mentioned before, Ali gave the sport finesse and style and further exposed the sport as the celebrity filled pop culture phenomena it is today
so when u put that AND his track record....Ali is just simply the greatest
same reason is brought up with Michael Jordan or Tiger Woods
in other words.....they changed and revolutionized theyre sports
plus they were just THAT good

peace

ARCHRIVAL
06-16-2005, 02:33 PM
i think it is hard to name the greatest in the sport of boxing, seeing as how anyone can land one lucky punch and KO a champ

Da Ryda
06-16-2005, 09:13 PM
Agreed. Jordan may not be officially the best baller but he changed the way people thought of bball and that alone is a big enough achievement. Same thing with Woods (his record is not the best in golf, contrary to belief, but yeah he still has time) comparison.

Tyson in his prime would probably knock out Ali though... hehe. Ali is a geniunely likeable guy. Not many champs would give up their belt for their beliefs and ideals. And of course his trash talking always makes me laugh

Prince Rai
06-17-2005, 10:10 AM
Ali Iz not the greatest of all time in boxin lil niggas on the street sayin Ali is the greatest an theyve never even witnessed em fight. I think a prime Louis woulda KO'ed Ali or even a prime Marciano. If your also a fan of boxin go 2 www.ootpdevelopments.com (http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/) an download the demo of the game they put out its pretty sick
ALI took on all opposition, even if he lost, he came back. he was a strong fighter, a fast fighter and a fighter outside the ring as well. he stood for justice, and equality.

have u ever witnessed him fight??? he had brains also

Definitive X
06-17-2005, 10:14 AM
Ali took on opposition inside and outside of the ring, he was the first boxer to take on the gov't., first athlete for that matter...

jR_killa
06-19-2005, 04:51 PM
If you wanna talk about the greatest, you gotta mention Tyson, before all of his problems, he was one of the best fighters ever, power, hand speed, and tremendous technical ability, his first year pro he went 15-0 with 15 knockout's, I think 13 or so of them where in the first two rounds, If it was Ali vs. Tyson, both in their prime, I think Tyson would take it.

Peace

whitey
06-19-2005, 10:59 PM
ali had the fastest hand speed in boxing..now i would say roy jones does.......

but ali is the greatest boxer of all time..in every fight his face would never show a mark

if you're talking more recently how fast roy jones was then yea he was fast as fuck. but how fast roy jones is, dude wouldnt be getting put on his ass if he still is.

Rebel_INS
06-20-2005, 05:30 AM
Ali was the shit though

Ronin
06-20-2005, 08:35 AM
ryda, i dont agree about tyson

ali was a clever fighter and an excellent parryer and punch absorber

he took alot of shit from both frazier and foreman who probably hit as hard or harder than mike

ali brought something to the sport in terms of personality and cocky but well spoken jibes that entertained people

100pr00f
06-20-2005, 08:49 AM
maybee but mike is a harder puncher then both those guys.....it would be a nice fighr ali and tyson both in thier prime...it would be speed vs power...mike can hadle hard hits....so i think it would be a non ko fight going all the rounds......

100pr00f
06-20-2005, 08:50 AM
but right now .. tyson would kill em lol

Prince Rai
06-20-2005, 11:23 AM
tyson was good, but ali had da brains...., no disrespect 2 tyson, but u get da point.

benzo
06-20-2005, 11:54 AM
Ali is overrated. It's easy to throw 1-2 flurries when you're grabbin a dude the whole round with you're hands behind his fuckin neck. They call that shit "holding and hitting" now. And all that shit that Frazier did for him just to pull Ali out of the gutter...Ali turns to the media making Frazier look like a dumbass and calling him a "pure nigger". Nice. Sugar Ray Robinson= The Greatest. Pound 4 pound today= Erik Morales.

Liquidswordsman
06-20-2005, 04:25 PM
Ali is overrated. It's easy to throw 1-2 flurries when you're grabbin a dude the whole round with you're hands behind his fuckin neck. They call that shit "holding and hitting" now. And all that shit that Frazier did for him just to pull Ali out of the gutter...Ali turns to the media making Frazier look like a dumbass and calling him a "pure nigger". Nice. Sugar Ray Robinson= The Greatest. Pound 4 pound today= Erik Morales.
Ali played the media and the crowd better than any other athlete, ever. Lets not forget that Mr. Nice guy Frazier was putting shit on his gloves in their fight; what? was he trying to send him back to the gutter. "holding and hitting" was part of the sport back then; its not like Ali invented it he just used it cause it was there. Frazier got played and made himself into Ali's bitch. Ali made the world take notice unlike any boxer and played the mind games better than anyone, this is a mental sport and Ali was an mental assassin. Ali was the greatest, he didnt fight for years, he made his beliefs known, and he lived life by his own set of rules. He was MJ but ran his mouth.

As for him calling him a "pure nigger", the statement was "Ali Iz not he greatest" not "Ali Iz not the nicest"

Origin™
06-20-2005, 05:14 PM
tyson in his prime, would knocked ali out with in 2 rounds, ali can only dance about him for so long, one of tyson's death punchs gone contect, and snap that lil ass mother fuckers neck.

one

Liquidswordsman
06-20-2005, 05:28 PM
tyson in his prime, would knocked ali out with in 2 rounds, ali can only dance about him for so long, one of tyson's death punchs gone contect, and snap that lil ass mother fuckers neck.

one
Ali would have had his simple ass mind scared as hell at the first look. I could just see Ali like Ali and Tyson would be just dumb founded. Tysons heart is nothing, Ali would toy with him (Don King would have made some bank!!!!!!) and mike would throw a haymaker (lets not forget that Ali has taken big hits before, remember Formans "death punch"lol) and Ali would make him pay. Tyson=puncher, Ali=boxer. Who you got in thier prime? LMAO

Origin™
06-20-2005, 05:48 PM
i still back tyson regardless of his boxing technique, in tysons prime, when he could chuck punches left right and center and not get winded, fair enough ali can take a hit, can he take a shit load of hits from tyson? tysons jab uppercut combo followed by the death punch :)

ali be sleeping wit the birdies

Liquidswordsman
06-20-2005, 06:17 PM
Its ALI in his PRIME. It would be mental to hard for Tyson to box Ali. Ali would get in his head fast and, knowing Mike, he would think to bite.

deadlymelody
06-20-2005, 06:36 PM
All this huge talk on Tyson, but give me a list of GREAT boxers that Tyson defeated.

Liquidswordsman
06-20-2005, 07:08 PM
All this huge talk on Tyson, but give me a list of GREAT boxers that Tyson defeated.
Hector Mercedes, Trent Singleton, Don Halpern, Rick Spain, John Alderson, Larry Sims, Lorenzo Canady, Michael Johnson, Donnie Long, Robert Colay, Sterling Benjamin, Eddie Richardson, Conroy Nelson, Mark Young,Dave Jaco, Mike Jamison, Jesse Ferguson, Steve Zouski, James Tillis, Mitch Green, Reggie Gross, William Hosea, Lorenzo Boyd, Marvis Frazier, Jose Ribalta, Alfonzo Ratliff, Trevor Berbick, James Smith, Pinklon Thomas, Tony Tucker, Tyrell Biggs,Larry Holmes, Tony Tubbs, Michael Spinks, Frank Bruno,Carl Williams, Henry Tillman,Alex Stewart, Donovan Ruddock, Peter McNeeley, Buster Mathis, Frank Bruno, Bruce Seldon, Francois Botha, Orlin Norris, and a couple other.

Ali would punish Tyson

Prince Rai
06-21-2005, 03:47 AM
Hector Mercedes, Trent Singleton, Don Halpern, Rick Spain, John Alderson, Larry Sims, Lorenzo Canady, Michael Johnson, Donnie Long, Robert Colay, Sterling Benjamin, Eddie Richardson, Conroy Nelson, Mark Young,Dave Jaco, Mike Jamison, Jesse Ferguson, Steve Zouski, James Tillis, Mitch Green, Reggie Gross, William Hosea, Lorenzo Boyd, Marvis Frazier, Jose Ribalta, Alfonzo Ratliff, Trevor Berbick, James Smith, Pinklon Thomas, Tony Tucker, Tyrell Biggs,Larry Holmes, Tony Tubbs, Michael Spinks, Frank Bruno,Carl Williams, Henry Tillman,Alex Stewart, Donovan Ruddock, Peter McNeeley, Buster Mathis, Frank Bruno, Bruce Seldon, Francois Botha, Orlin Norris, and a couple other.

Ali would punish TysonWORD

benzo
06-21-2005, 11:48 AM
Ali played the media and the crowd better than any other athlete, ever. Lets not forget that Mr. Nice guy Frazier was putting shit on his gloves in their fight; what? was he trying to send him back to the gutter. "holding and hitting" was part of the sport back then; its not like Ali invented it he just used it cause it was there. Frazier got played and made himself into Ali's bitch. Ali made the world take notice unlike any boxer and played the mind games better than anyone, this is a mental sport and Ali was an mental assassin. Ali was the greatest, he didnt fight for years, he made his beliefs known, and he lived life by his own set of rules. He was MJ but ran his mouth.

As for him calling him a "pure nigger", the statement was "Ali Iz not he greatest" not "Ali Iz not the nicest"
Word. I agree that he WAS the greatest "for the sport" and yeah, mentally he was superior in and out of the ring. He played Frazier and the media, for sure. He just isn't the best boxer, puncher, etc. imo. Also, he pulled that "holding and hitting" shit more than others of his time, kinda like MJ or Shaq not getting the whistle everytime they traveled. Peace.

LHX
06-22-2005, 10:12 AM
Tyson

Tyson

Tyson

100pr00f
06-22-2005, 11:47 AM
ali

6thPlanet
06-22-2005, 01:42 PM
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.

comice
06-22-2005, 02:30 PM
ALI took on all opposition, even if he lost, he came back. he was a strong fighter, a fast fighter and a fighter outside the ring as well. he stood for justice, and equality.

have u ever witnessed him fight??? he had brains also

On some real sh#t though. Ali was nice in his time of course but he is not labeled the greatest of all time for his skillz and that is wrong. If they was going off just skillz then he would not be the greatest ....he was just animated outside and inside the ring...his interviews was off the hook and he ran his mouth alot with them white catz who fell in love with him ....he got that title (the greatest of all time) off of respect and because he sick right now. I still love him though........................The Brown Bonber was killin dudes...................

Liquidswordsman
06-22-2005, 02:34 PM
On some real sh#t though. Ali was nice in his time of course but he is not labeled the greatest of all time for his skillz and that is wrong. If they was going off just skillz then he would not be the greatest ....he was just animated outside and inside the ring...his interviews was off the hook and he ran his mouth alot with them white catz who fell in love with him ....he got that title (the greatest of all time) off of respect and because he sick right now. I still love him though........................The Brown Bonber was killin dudes...................
Talking shit takes a lot of skill (it must be timed and come out correct) and it is part of boxing. Ali talked so much shit he made the other person start to believe it. Ali would freeze any boxer and lay him out. ALI THE GOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont worry comice, u are allowed to put the 'i' in sh#t

Watch for the Brown Bo n ber!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

comice
06-22-2005, 02:37 PM

You right though.....Ali aint the greatest but he was not over rated man...........All that holding behind the head is a part of boxing............thats strategy..............he fought nothing but powerhouse dudes.............never ducked nobody..................boxers is ducking other boxers nowadays.........................Ray Robinson though was torchin catz.......you right about that but erick morales-------------come on man.
when you drop to those weight classes you say Zab or Mayweather

comice
06-22-2005, 02:39 PM
Ali was the shit though
Oh no doubt but (The greatest of all time) he got that off respect and
cause he sick .

Liquidswordsman
06-22-2005, 02:46 PM
Oh no doubt but (The greatest of all time) he got that off respect and
cause he sick .
So, where do you come out on this subject???????????????????

whitey
06-24-2005, 06:51 PM
ali fought lots of good fighters, and won more than he lost.

tyson faught not that many good people, and lost more than he won when he did.

ali, out of those 2.

Treazon
06-24-2005, 10:17 PM
lol @ this thread

theres no comparison what-so-ever, i think the guy was jokin anyway

benzo
06-27-2005, 10:05 AM
You right though.....Ali aint the greatest but he was not over rated man...........All that holding behind the head is a part of boxing............thats strategy..............he fought nothing but powerhouse dudes.............never ducked nobody..................boxers is ducking other boxers nowadays.........................Ray Robinson though was torchin catz.......you right about that but erick morales-------------come on man.
when you drop to those weight classes you say Zab or Mayweather
if erik could move up and zab move down to 140, i'd take morales all day long. zab is a killer but morlaes way too smart and skilled. mayweather beats all their ass but again, best for the sport today imo= morales. peace

Wu-Tang 9
07-10-2005, 12:39 AM
Ali sucked so much i could beat him. I can see right through him. he dances around u. I would just wait until he came to me and punish him. he would throw the jab but it would be too low. All u would have to do is go with the right cross counterpunch over his left jab. JOE LOUIS FOR EVER unbeatable in his prime. I will beat anyone in a boxing discussion because i actually am a student of it and know that u are all wrong. If u think otherwise hit me up on aim: TeamSiegelBxng

Wu-Tang 9
07-10-2005, 12:41 AM
Plus he was not good for the country because remember HE DODGED THE FUCKIN DRAFT u stupid people. He is not a real champ!

Wu-Tang 9
07-10-2005, 12:48 AM
Peep this jackasses http://coxscorner.tripod.com/alilouis.html http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Mound/4866/versusFrame1Source1.htm

oh by the way Joe Louis:69-3 (55 kayos)
Cassius Clay(Thats right, slave name):56-5 (37 kayos) and The Brown Bomber beats more respectable champs that ali.

triggahappy187
07-10-2005, 02:54 AM
Yall trippin Ali was def Great but u jus cant say whos the greatest an if u do whoever u pick iz bullshit. Lotta cats these dayz say Ali the greatest cuz R-Kelly made a song bout em an Will Smith played em in a movie. Ali could move an dodge punches like no other. Ali changed boxin for sure I agree but he only stopped boxin circa 20 years ago sure he still gone be the talk of today. Joe Louis has been gone for ages We din grow up wif Joe Louis we din get to witness him box all we got is storys an additional clips. We cant argue on who is the greatest cuz like someone said earlier all it takes is one good shot an we have a knew champ example, Buster Douglas an Tyson. The Canadian George Chuvalo went the full distance wif Ali 15 rounds Ali won decision, This was when Ali was near his prime as well.

"Masta-Mind"
07-11-2005, 12:07 PM
I agree that people may just say ALI coz every1 else does and that there were some other greats like u said, joe luis and marciano but think of boxing and who comes to mind?

Muhammad ALI

He is the greatest boxer of all time. no doubt about it

100pr00f
07-11-2005, 12:10 PM
agree

"Masta-Mind"
07-11-2005, 12:19 PM
4 real.

He said so himself that given the opertunity to do it again he wouldnt change a thing he did coz he went out a technical"loser" and after getting parkinsons he's still hot people still wana interview him lol.

His action in the ring speeks 4 its self i think. Technique and power were on point.

Peace

Prince Rai
07-11-2005, 12:24 PM
4 real.

He said so himself that given the opertunity to do it again he wouldnt change a thing he did coz he went out a technical"loser" and after getting parkinsons he's still hot people still wana interview him lol.

His action in the ring speeks 4 its self i think. Technique and power were on point.

Peace
word,

though sumin came into my mind

ali branded himself the greatest, and when people who dont know jack about boxing talk about it, can only come up with ALI....

fortunately he is da best lol, but there are too many other great boxers in various weight classes

HANZO
07-11-2005, 04:13 PM
Ali is great because he was a smart boxer. If you had a fighter built to todays standards of boxing but with the brain of Ali he would destroy any boxer no problem. is speed and the power that came with it, was used in a way to affect his opponent as an individual. he knew wat to do with each opponent he faced wat will pissed them off. Dont say ow this fighter would have knocked him out because he would hav changed his style against that perticular opponent. exactly wat he did against Foreman. A smarter fighter will always hav an advantage this makes him the greatest.

triggahappy187
07-11-2005, 10:35 PM
To masta mind u jus said "U agree some people say ali cuz everyone else does" Thats why he comes to everyones mind. Shit when i hear boxer I think of Ali cuz he like Nelly 2 commercial, of coartse he gone come to ur mind especially if u 14 an know shit bout boxin u gone get to be 20 an still know nothin bout boxin except Ali cuz u hear his name everywhere. Ali was good but he was beaten unlike Marciano 49-0 who scored victorys over Archie Moore, Ezzard Charles, Jersey Joe Walcott, Joe Louis many more. Or u gots Joe Louis who held the belt for 12 straight years thats fuckin crazy.

Fatal Guillotine
04-21-2012, 05:42 PM
ali is one of the illest however he made some errors such as not covering up in the clinch and taking alot of kidney shots...theres no denying that he left a legacy behind of fighter great fighters

check two
04-23-2012, 03:35 PM
can you slow down a little on the bumps?

hectis
04-23-2012, 03:44 PM
Ali is the greatest heavyweight of all time, and did the most for the sport, and did the most for the world outside the sport, however the greatest boxer of all time is sugar ray robinson

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
04-23-2012, 04:12 PM
ALI is the greatest. Nice discussion from the past.

HAN and TUCO summed it all up.

CharlesJones
04-28-2012, 01:54 PM
I think Mike Tyson is the best boxer of all time. I've never seen any boxer fight like he did. He used to knock black men out a lot hahahahahahaha. He met his match though when he lost to Buster Douglas and Evander Holyfield was tough for him to beat. I've seen a couple old clips of Muhammad Ali fighting but i've never seen any boxer fight like Mike. I used to like Sugar Ray Leonard too.

check two
04-28-2012, 02:03 PM
I'd have to say that Tye Fields is probably the best boxer that I've seen.

Fatal Guillotine
05-09-2012, 11:47 AM
^who?

check two
05-09-2012, 03:45 PM
dude?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
05-09-2012, 04:34 PM
I think Mike Tyson is the best boxer of all time. I've never seen any boxer fight like he did. He used to knock black men out a lot hahahahahahaha. He met his match though when he lost to Buster Douglas and Evander Holyfield was tough for him to beat. I've seen a couple old clips of Muhammad Ali fighting but i've never seen any boxer fight like Mike. I used to like Sugar Ray Leonard too.

WTF? This makes no sense.

You seen a couple of clips and that what you are basing your opinuion on?

Go back to massaging your chest nipples.

Fatal Guillotine
05-09-2012, 06:09 PM
I'd have to say that Tye Fields is probably the best boxer that I've seen.

best matches?