PDA

View Full Version : Another one fumbles the ball...

Shallah Diamonds
09-04-2009, 08:42 PM
I'd have to say BP3 is Jay's WORST yet. He's not staying true to form and he's trying to cut a lane into hipster rap. Inviting people to be on it that have NO BUSINESS even being on the same songs as him. Drake? Kid Cudi? J. Cole? Young Jeezy? Rihanna? WTF man?!

Furthermore why bother it calling BP3 when it doesn't even have the BP sound (soul loops, minimal collaborations, in house production) He totally fumbled with this one.
If he wanted to make the last piece of the Blueprint saga really memorable... he would have smacked up Kanye to make the kind of beats he was making circa 2001-2004 and not the bullshit he does now. He should have hit Bink!, Just Blaze, and Bronze Nazareth to make some soulful beats and invite the people who would sound the best on them. Nas, Scarface, Ghostface, Beanie Sigel, Memphis Bleek, Q-Tip, and Shyheim (just for the sake of hearing what a collaboration between them would sound like since it was Shy who was supposed to be on Coming of Age, but Bleek took it later on). Hopefully, someone somewhere is listening and he'll do his next one the right way.

I'm mad that my favorites are releasing soggy ass sequels. First Red & Mef and now this. Thank goodness for OB4CLII

Mcthuggin99
09-04-2009, 08:57 PM
bo2 was dope IMO BP3 wasnt. at all.

SKANK HILL
09-04-2009, 10:00 PM
It can't be any worse than Hard Knock Life.

:chef:

Longbongcilvaringz
09-05-2009, 05:54 AM
I hate everything (well, Blueprint 1 i just dislike, hate is too harsh) in the Blueprint line, and never had any intention of getting this.

The awful reviews have bolstered this view.

cap
09-05-2009, 06:24 AM
blueprint 3 is a great album imo!! although i too would prefer the soul sound from the 1st BP, i think he just calls it blueprint 3 cus he's taking a totally different direction with this one, and because he knows a lot of people that werent up on this kind of music are going to follow suit.

YungSunny
09-05-2009, 07:19 AM
It can't be any worse than Hard Knock Life.

True.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f7/Esham_Judgement_Day.jpg/200px-Esham_Judgement_Day.jpg

claaa7
09-05-2009, 09:04 AM
"Hard Knock Life" is definitely better than this LP, Jay-Z was much iller with his wordplay back then and some of the beats on there was actually dope as fuck..

SKANK HILL
09-05-2009, 09:54 AM
If Hard Knock Life is better than BP3 then BP3 really must be wack - Esham "Judgement Day" wack.

triPAUD
09-05-2009, 11:40 AM
I liked how bp3 was sounding like year ago. Kanye still came hard w/ the beats, imo. brooklyn go hard, jockin jay z, history. what happened? doa and run this town r reachin in a different level, and i mean that in a good way. but jay didn't meet them lyrically. kanye had jay on run this town.

Dominus Santorini
09-07-2009, 12:43 PM
I swear everyone on this forums hates everything, even some Wu shit.

BP3 is dope. Already Home, Reminder, So Ambitious, On to the Next one, A Star is Born, Venus vs. Mars....are you niggas crazy, those songs are ill as fuck

11th Chamber
09-07-2009, 02:17 PM
^^^ 2 good songs. Impressive

Dr Zayus
09-07-2009, 06:37 PM
I'd have to say BP3 is Jay's WORST yet. He's not staying true to form and he's trying to cut a lane into hipster rap. Inviting people to be on it that have NO BUSINESS even being on the same songs as him. Drake? Kid Cudi? J. Cole? Young Jeezy? Rihanna? WTF man?!

Furthermore why bother it calling BP3 when it doesn't even have the BP sound (soul loops, minimal collaborations, in house production) He totally fumbled with this one.
If he wanted to make the last piece of the Blueprint saga really memorable... he would have smacked up Kanye to make the kind of beats he was making circa 2001-2004 and not the bullshit he does now. He should have hit Bink!, Just Blaze, and Bronze Nazareth to make some soulful beats and invite the people who would sound the best on them. Nas, Scarface, Ghostface, Beanie Sigel, Memphis Bleek, Q-Tip, and Shyheim (just for the sake of hearing what a collaboration between them would sound like since it was Shy who was supposed to be on Coming of Age, but Bleek took it later on). Hopefully, someone somewhere is listening and he'll do his next one the right way.

I'm mad that my favorites are releasing soggy ass sequels. First Red & Mef and now this. Thank goodness for OB4CLII

I guess the only Jay-Z albums you've ever bothered to listen to were RD and BP. Because if you weren't so blatantly talking out of your ass you'd know that:

1. BP2 is nowhere near your so-called 'BP sound'. If neither BP2 or BP3 have the 'BP sound' I guess that means it's not the BP sound. Because there isn't one. The BP series is about Jay and his haters, that's it.

2. Who, in your opinion, has business being on a Jay-Z album if not the two biggest artists on Def Jam whose careers he molded? Surely not Juvenile, Mariah Carey, Blackstreet, Jermaine Dupri, DMX, Ja Rule, Foxy Brown, Babyface, Lil Kim, Puffy, R. Kelly, Beyonce, Faith Evans, Sean Paul, Lenny Kravitz, Chris Martin, Usher, John Legend or Ne-Yo? Oh, wait a minute. Jay-Z has had commercial features his entire career.

3. J. Cole is signed to Jay's record label. Why wouldn't he be on the album? If Jay was one of your 'favourite artists' you'd know that he has a history of putting his artists on his album. Unless I'm mistaken about Beanie Sigel, the Young Gunz, Freeway, Peedi Crack, Sauce Money & Amil being signed to Rocafella at one point or another.

4. Just Blaze's last hit/high profile beat was Live Your Life. By T.I. With Rihanna. Is that the kind of sound you wanted for BP3?

5. Kanye now >> Kanye in 2001-2004. I don't give a shit if you disagree. He left more than enough songs lying around from that period, so if you dig for 5 minutes you'll get as many soul-jacking, tap drummed songs as you like.

6. Jay would never, ever get someone like Bronze Nazareth on his record. Please look past your love for 3rd tier Wu-Fam.

Hey, I've got an idea. You should listen to this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blueprint) if you love shit like BP1. It's the only way you won't be disappointed.

Dominus Santorini
09-07-2009, 07:24 PM
^^^ 2 good songs. Impressive

You're killin me. You honestly don't like those songs? Neither the content nor the beat?

Which two do you like?

Hollow Dartz
09-07-2009, 07:34 PM
LOL this nigga said Jay-Z should've hit up Bronze Nazereth........................SMH

Shallah Diamonds
09-08-2009, 01:14 AM
LOL this nigga said Jay-Z should've hit up Bronze Nazereth........................SMH

In my perfect world he would have. I know he never would though

Shallah Diamonds
09-08-2009, 01:30 AM
I guess the only Jay-Z albums you've ever bothered to listen to were RD and BP. Because if you weren't so blatantly talking out of your ass you'd know that:

1. BP2 is nowhere near your so-called 'BP sound'. If neither BP2 or BP3 have the 'BP sound' I guess that means it's not the BP sound. Because there isn't one. The BP series is about Jay and his haters, that's it.

2. Who, in your opinion, has business being on a Jay-Z album if not the two biggest artists on Def Jam whose careers he molded? Surely not Juvenile, Mariah Carey, Blackstreet, Jermaine Dupri, DMX, Ja Rule, Foxy Brown, Babyface, Lil Kim, Puffy, R. Kelly, Beyonce, Faith Evans, Sean Paul, Lenny Kravitz, Chris Martin, Usher, John Legend or Ne-Yo? Oh, wait a minute. Jay-Z has had commercial features his entire career.

3. J. Cole is signed to Jay's record label. Why wouldn't he be on the album? If Jay was one of your 'favourite artists' you'd know that he has a history of putting his artists on his album. Unless I'm mistaken about Beanie Sigel, the Young Gunz, Freeway, Peedi Crack, Sauce Money & Amil being signed to Rocafella at one point or another.

4. Just Blaze's last hit/high profile beat was Live Your Life. By T.I. With Rihanna. Is that the kind of sound you wanted for BP3?

5. Kanye now >> Kanye in 2001-2004. I don't give a shit if you disagree. He left more than enough songs lying around from that period, so if you dig for 5 minutes you'll get as many soul-jacking, tap drummed songs as you like.

6. Jay would never, ever get someone like Bronze Nazareth on his record. Please look past your love for 3rd tier Wu-Fam.

Hey, I've got an idea. You should listen to this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blueprint) if you love shit like BP1. It's the only way you won't be disappointed.

BP2 doesn't have a unique sound to it either. BP1 indeed have a common unique sound which was the soul sound that it was higly lauded for. BP2 strayed from the concept, but at least it was better than this shitbrick.

Jay-Z's contemporaries should have been featured instead of the new jacks that seem forced on just for show rather than genuine chemistry. Some of those features you listed shouldn't have made way on past albums either (Beyonce, Sean Paul, Ne-Yo for starters). To me, because of big label machines, guests are put on just for promotion instead actually soundng good.

Jay's Roc-A-Fella artists were actually good rappers and pussy backpack emo noname kids like J.Cole. He can put on artists... just as long as they sound good. State Property and Bleek are good rappers to me, so they earneed their spots on Jay's albums. J.Cole... not so much.

Just because Just Blaze's last hit was Live Your Life doesn't mean he's stuck in that phase. I'm pretty sure that he could make another Breathe if he wanted to. I know he's capable of more than one sound.

Point blank current Kanye is ass. Wasn't it Ghost and/or Rae who suggested when 8D came out that they scatter production instead of leave it all to RZA? I think they weren't serious per se, just throwing names out. But thank goodness he didn't do any beats. There's growth and evolution and alienation. Kanye has taken the latter path.

Finally, Bronze Nazareth would never produce for Jay. I understand, but that was MY formula for a BP3. If he could get another no name (at least to the general public) that sounds similar or the same I'd be just as happy.

Dr Zayus
09-08-2009, 02:39 AM
BP2 doesn't have a unique sound to it either. BP1 indeed have a common unique sound which was the soul sound that it was higly lauded for. BP2 strayed from the concept, but at least it was better than this shitbrick.

Jay-Z's contemporaries should have been featured instead of the new jacks that seem forced on just for show rather than genuine chemistry. Some of those features you listed shouldn't have made way on past albums either (Beyonce, Sean Paul, Ne-Yo for starters). To me, because of big label machines, guests are put on just for promotion instead actually soundng good.

Jay's Roc-A-Fella artists were actually good rappers and pussy backpack emo noname kids like J.Cole. He can put on artists... just as long as they sound good. State Property and Bleek are good rappers to me, so they earneed their spots on Jay's albums. J.Cole... not so much.

Just because Just Blaze's last hit was Live Your Life doesn't mean he's stuck in that phase. I'm pretty sure that he could make another Breathe if he wanted to. I know he's capable of more than one sound.

Point blank current Kanye is ass. Wasn't it Ghost and/or Rae who suggested when 8D came out that they scatter production instead of leave it all to RZA? I think they weren't serious per se, just throwing names out. But thank goodness he didn't do any beats. There's growth and evolution and alienation. Kanye has taken the latter path.

Finally, Bronze Nazareth would never produce for Jay. I understand, but that was MY formula for a BP3. If he could get another no name (at least to the general public) that sounds similar or the same I'd be just as happy.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that Jay-Z, a man who has owned his own record label since 1998, has no choice over his guests. If that makes you feel better about being a fan. I guess next you'll be telling me that Jay didn't want to make songs with the Trackmasters, the Hitmen, the Neptunes or Timbaland.

Are you kidding? Bleek is fucking WACK. Half of State Prop were nothing special. If you'd actually bothered listening to either of J. Cole's tapes you'd see that he's easily better than anyone in State Prop or the old Rocafella roster aside from Beanie or Young Chris. His mixtapes are also good unlike anything Bleek ever put out.

Here we go with the 'sounds'. If you want Breathe, listen to Breathe. Fuck. What happened to wanting something different from artists? Take your fucking pick of soul music, for god's sake. There are a hundred albums that came out from 2000 to 2003 with what you're looking for. Listen to that. Don't expect a man who's never done the same thing twice in his career to go back to that.

What does Wu-Tang have to do with anything? What does RZA's production on 8D have to do with Kanye? For fucks sake, Hip-Hop doesn't revolve around one 8 man crew. Enough of this shit. Even though I'm sure you'll recant this shit in a year and realise that you actually like BP3, go ahead and hate it. Just get your fucking facts right.

tical2000
09-08-2009, 02:47 AM

I disagree with everything you say......

BP3 is better than BP2, American Gangster, and Kingdom Come (Jay's worst album)

If you want to hear soul sampeled Jay-Z joints go listen to the old stuff from the early to mid 2000's Roc-A-Fella catalouge.....or Dipset joints....there are a ton of these types of songs out already

Jay-Z is pushing things forward in 2009, working with artists that are pushing hip-hop in a new direction.....I like that.

I am feeling both OBCL2 and BP3 for different reasons.....both are great albums for what they are trying to accomplish

RAW-TASTE
09-08-2009, 05:14 AM
Yeah, keep telling yourself that Jay-Z, a man who has owned his own record label since 1998, has no choice over his guests. If that makes you feel better about being a fan. I guess next you'll be telling me that Jay didn't want to make songs with the Trackmasters, the Hitmen, the Neptunes or Timbaland.

Are you kidding? Bleek is fucking WACK. Half of State Prop were nothing special. If you'd actually bothered listening to either of J. Cole's tapes you'd see that he's easily better than anyone in State Prop or the old Rocafella roster aside from Beanie or Young Chris. His mixtapes are also good unlike anything Bleek ever put out.

Here we go with the 'sounds'. If you want Breathe, listen to Breathe. Fuck. What happened to wanting something different from artists? Take your fucking pick of soul music, for god's sake. There are a hundred albums that came out from 2000 to 2003 with what you're looking for. Listen to that. Don't expect a man who's never done the same thing twice in his career to go back to that.

What does Wu-Tang have to do with anything? What does RZA's production on 8D have to do with Kanye? For fucks sake, Hip-Hop doesn't revolve around one 8 man crew. Enough of this shit. Even though I'm sure you'll recant this shit in a year and realise that you actually like BP3, go ahead and hate it. Just get your fucking facts right.

jay-z shit is strictly commercial feelin now though, not that its a bad thing. its just that it fits the mainstream audience more, his more gritty creative shit isnt there anymore. look at bp3 it got that clean hipster sound, again its not bad but if i wanted that shit i rather go listen to lupe and kanye. jayz isnt really the guy who does new things, he just follow trends and makes it [more] popular. and i laughed that he made doa and then followed up with auto tune on his album.

i think casual listeners and jayz heads will dig this but most heads will just take this as another mediocre effort by jay-z with some good songs and some bad. american gangster and all this newer shit from him are good/okay but its just not great. jay-z will never make another "close-to-classic" judgin from his last few years.

and roc-a-fellas roster sucked, i only liked beanie sigel and freeway, beanies 'broad street bully'>'bp3'

Dr Zayus
09-08-2009, 06:47 AM
jay-z shit is strictly commercial feelin now though, not that its a bad thing. its just that it fits the mainstream audience more, his more gritty creative shit isnt there anymore. look at bp3 it got that clean hipster sound, again its not bad but if i wanted that shit i rather go listen to lupe and kanye. jayz isnt really the guy who does new things, he just follow trends and makes it [more] popular. and i laughed that he made doa and then followed up with auto tune on his album.

i think casual listeners and jayz heads will dig this but most heads will just take this as another mediocre effort by jay-z with some good songs and some bad. american gangster and all this newer shit from him are good/okay but its just not great. jay-z will never make another "close-to-classic" judgin from his last few years.

and roc-a-fellas roster sucked, i only liked beanie sigel and freeway, beanies 'broad street bully'>'bp3'

But you've got about 4 albums worth of Jay-Z doing that 'gritty shit'. I applaud him for changing it up.

Actually, this gives me a good idea for a thread.

claaa7
09-08-2009, 03:54 PM
i bought all of Jay's album and consider myself a fan but when i bump this album i just know that i ain't the targeted audience for this album. "Kingdom Come" was alot iller both production wise and lyrically it my opinion and Kanye's production doesn't appeal to me at all anymore.

Prolifical ENG
09-08-2009, 04:28 PM
I just think the album plain sucks. For those that like it, thats good. You get another new album to listen to while the rest of us has to dig.

I swear everyone on this forums hates everything,

No. This particular album is getting hate everywhere including many Jay-Z fans, cant point at "this forum" for hating this time.

claaa7
09-08-2009, 04:46 PM
^^ exactly.. as i stated above i own every Jay-Z release and i am a record collector which means that if i have all albums from someone i would like to have even the ones i like to lesser extent. but Jigga won't be getting no cash from me for this one!!

baby jesus
09-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Hahaha At Bronze I Should Of Stopped There But No Really I Understand Why It's Recieving Hate I Would Rather A Blueprint 1 Type Feel With Songs Along The Line Of What Kanye Gave Scarface Guess Whos Back And Similar.

The Sound Is No Where Near The Typical Jay Style But With That Said I Actually Enjoy This Album Is It 5 Mics Are Some Shit No Def Not But I Think Its Better Then Kingdom Come And American Gangsta. There Some Flops On This Album But The Songs That Are Dope Are Really Good Songs That Stand Toe To Toe With Some Of His Best.