PDA

View Full Version : Kid Cudi Leak

iammzac
09-06-2009, 10:51 AM
I am about to check this out.. there are a few songs I heard on the sampler I liked.

food for thought
09-06-2009, 10:55 AM
yall fuck with this cat?

iammzac
09-06-2009, 01:23 PM
No, but all my friends are like "omg cudi cudi cudi" but I gave his album a spin and it was a lot of filler with 2-3 good tracks imo. Wale's debut should be much better (oct 20)

djskillz
09-06-2009, 01:27 PM
I stopped fuckin' wit Wale after he made a song with Lady Gaga. Fuck that nigga.

11th Chamber
09-06-2009, 01:27 PM
yea Wale is that dude. Been tearin up the mixtape scene for a few years.

Idk, I'll prolly download the Cudi album

whitey
09-06-2009, 01:42 PM
cuds one of those new school cats i actually dig. cudis plan pat mixtape was dope.

wale too. mixtape about nothing was nice.

ill check em out.

J-DON
09-10-2009, 11:25 AM
This shit sucks. Dude cant rap OR sing! He just got lucky, busted out a hit with a massive hit remix and hooked up with Kanye.

I was interested in his album too I like Day N Nite and the Boom Boom Pow remix he did but this album is just ass. He "sings" exactly the same on every song and every beat sounds the same.

Khem The Decepticon
09-10-2009, 01:42 PM
I might get it.

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-10-2009, 02:16 PM
i swear this dudes only made one good song, but seems to have bloggers permantly stationed on his nuts anyway

kingwu
09-10-2009, 03:27 PM
^^ thats were sac ridin comes from

tical2000
09-11-2009, 04:47 AM
KID Cudi's album is fire.....the album is serious weed smoker album

He is carving a new path in hip hop.....really fresh shit

Nice month for Hip Hop: Raekwon, Jay-Z, and Kid Cudi....

I am feeling all these albums for different reasons

11th Chamber
09-12-2009, 06:35 PM
Yea theres some nice songs on this album. I do agree he "sings" a little too much, but the album has a chill ass vibe to it

Make Her Say is fly as fuck

vN0u0IXDqr8

oDoUoSoKo
09-13-2009, 10:29 AM
good work^

angry!
09-13-2009, 10:54 AM
new age faggot shit!!!!

this nigga cudi lacks in every department, big puns gastric farts got more mic presence then this homo!!!!

kid cudis grand opening, grand closing!!!! this album is gonna be heralded by confused loners that listen to blondie inbetween kanyes graduation!!!!! the demographic deserves an artist that represents them properly, from queer techno stylings and zero emphasis on the actual art!!!!

V4D3R
09-16-2009, 12:21 PM
This cat is going to be bigger then Kanye West because he is reaching out to a way broader spectrum of people.

His one song My World, check that out and his track produced by Eminem - I Hear Them Calling.

Some people can hate be he might end up bigger then Kanye.

Rame
09-16-2009, 04:01 PM
I haven't heard a lot of his music yet but he's got some good songs.

racist randy
09-16-2009, 05:54 PM
I stopped fuckin' wit Wale after he made a song with Lady Gaga. Fuck that nigga.
This is that dumb shit I'm talking about...SMH Corn ass nigga.

Rame
09-17-2009, 12:27 PM
ODB had a track with Mariah Carey.

Big deal.

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-17-2009, 01:46 PM
^and? Mariah is a legend, thats like saying "meth collaboed with mary j blige" dumbass

hes talking about Lady Gaga fool

Rame
09-17-2009, 01:54 PM
^ Lol. Faggot Mariah Carey fan.

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-17-2009, 02:00 PM
pathetic.

Dr. Simon Hurt
09-17-2009, 02:01 PM
@ rama
re: odb doing a song with mariah carey vs. wale featuring lady gaga

by the time odb appeared on her remix, she had already been around for several years and had proven not to be a fly-by-night singer...quite different from having a trendy artist with a couple of popular club records appear on your first single

Rame
09-17-2009, 02:30 PM
Lady Gaga isn't new to the industry. She has been with Interscope since her 20th. Had her first big performance when she was 13.

That's not what this is about though.

Mariah Carey and Lady Gaga are both wack and commercial pop artists.

It's 1 collabo! That doesn't make or break an artist.

Dr. Simon Hurt
09-17-2009, 02:39 PM
^^^to a casual music listener, she's new...didn't she just win 'best new artist'

and yes, it is 1 collabo but in wale's case,this is one of his first singles...for the casual listener that hasn't heard 'nike boots'...this would be their first impession.

he's a corn.

Rame
09-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Lol.

They're on the same label. This isn't the first time labelmates work together. Red & Meth were put together to make money, they weren't even feeling it at the time. MAN I HATE THEM!

Go ahead and hate him because he wants to sell a couple of albums. It's a smart move to work with a big artist to get some fame, he can make whatever music he wants after that and he'll have more fans.

I'm sure your favorite artist wants to be poor.

Rame
09-17-2009, 03:08 PM
I don't even like his music, lol.

You guys are just so fucking stupid.

Dr. Simon Hurt
09-17-2009, 03:15 PM
^^^your comparisons are insane. of course most label-mate pairings are contrived; but you have to admit, 2 mcs who are massive weedheads and have 'Man' in their names is more of a natural pairing than wale and lady gaga. i guarantee you when he flops, he will regret making that song, and grouse about being a victim of record industry politics at some blog, or xxl or whatever.

i don't even care about it at all...the rest of the stuff about hating them and wanting artists to be poor...where are you getting this? where's the relevance? you compared wale's song with lady gaga to mariah carey/odb and then to method man and redman (lol) wtf ....you're a massive idiot.

angry!
09-17-2009, 03:30 PM
how you gonna flame a dude for recognizing mariahs legendary status then turn around with fast facts regarding lady gaga and her career timeline!!!!!

looks like youre the faggot son!!!!!

wale is trash, nigga is a straight bird for working with gaga... thats like KRS trynna come up on some hip hop shit, getting no buzz, and making a track with an up and coming stevie nicks hoping SOMEONE buys his album!!!!

the majors arent pushing individuals as artists anymore, they court weak niggas with no backbone who live their lives to appease the major corporations that look at them as a piece of shit cash cow!!!!

Rame
09-17-2009, 03:47 PM
All I'm saying is those duo's were put together to make money.

Wale is a corn for 1 song with a pop artist and odb wasn't? That's not making sense.

Rame
09-17-2009, 03:59 PM
''Mariah's legendary status''. Another closet queer.

I happen to know some things about pop music, that doesn't make me a fan. It's all on wikipedia.

I quote:

''thats like KRS trynna come up on some hip hop shit, getting no buzz, and making a track with an up and coming stevie nicks hoping SOMEONE buys his album!!!!''

Or like ODB working with Mariah? Or Red working with Meth? Or Ghost working with Ne-Yo/Ron Browz?

It doesn't matter if they're new artists or not, they all did it for the money.
You'd say the same thing if he was on Jay-Z's level of success and then decided to make a track with Gaga.

angry!
09-17-2009, 04:10 PM
youre a euro sqaure so ima put you on to some game right quick...

whether you enjoy mariahs music or not shes the highest selling female recording artist of all time. this makes her a legend. i dont sit and vibe to mariahs music you fuckin homo, i also have never felt the urge to research lady gaga.

wale is wack, wale has no identity, and wale will do whatever he can to keep boss man happy. its an army of these weak ass rappers that couldnt do it on their own if they tried, they scream hip hop all day but when its time for the real they hide their balls!!!!

now go vogue to your industrial norwegian pop you pillow biter!!!!

Rame
09-17-2009, 04:18 PM
I don't like Wale and I'm not here to defend him.

FOR THE LAST TIME!!! YOU CANT SAY 1 ARTIST IS WACK FOR WORKING WITH A POP ARTIST AND AT THE SAME TIME SAY ANOTHER ARTIST ISN'T FOR DOING THE SAME THING. THEY ALL DO IT FOR THE SAME REASON!!!!!!!!!

Get it?

Dr. Simon Hurt
09-17-2009, 07:37 PM
^^^still missing the point

large green fonts-bolded, italicized, and underlined don't make you right

but this thread is about kid cudi....only heard the day and night song...it's ok...what's his other material like?

five deez and fat jon have been doing hiphop with house and electronic influences for years.

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-17-2009, 08:03 PM
Lady Gaga isn't new to the industry. She has been with Interscope since her 20th. Had her first big performance when she was 13.

That's not what this is about though.

Mariah Carey and Lady Gaga are both wack and commercial pop artists.

It's 1 collabo! That doesn't make or break an artist.

Rama is the biggest clueless douche on here. Still comparing Lady fucking Gaga to Mariah Carey? Really?

Do you have ANY idea about music outside of whatever wack ass back pack you crawled out of? any? Who the fuck puts Gaga and Mariah Carey in the same bracket? Whats your basis? because they are both female?

Mariah is one of the most talented vocalists of all time son, OF ALL TIME, and one of the greatest harmonizes and melodic singers of her generation...how the fuck you just gonna throw her into the category of some one hit wonder industry puppet?

Clown

JerseyIronman
09-17-2009, 09:07 PM
Rama is right that they're both singers, his point is it doesnt matter what female singer you have on ur track, they're there for the same reason.

However there is a difference between an RnB singer like Mariah carey and Lady Gaga who is straight pop.

racist randy
09-17-2009, 09:11 PM
Anybody who doesn't like an artist anymore over a collaboration such as example: Wale And Lady Gaga is a clown staright up. if that's the case Ghostlaced I don't think you should be bumpin bone thugs since them niggaz wanna rap with k-fed, that nigga is a clown for real..

Rame
09-18-2009, 03:25 AM
^^^still missing the point

large green fonts-bolded, italicized, and underlined don't make you right

but this thread is about kid cudi....only heard the day and night song...it's ok...what's his other material like?

five deez and fat jon have been doing hiphop with house and electronic influences for years.

You're the one missing the point you just don't want to see it.

Rama is the biggest clueless douche on here. Still comparing Lady fucking Gaga to Mariah Carey? Really?

Do you have ANY idea about music outside of whatever wack ass back pack you crawled out of? any? Who the fuck puts Gaga and Mariah Carey in the same bracket? Whats your basis? because they are both female?

Mariah is one of the most talented vocalists of all time son, OF ALL TIME, and one of the greatest harmonizes and melodic singers of her generation...how the fuck you just gonna throw her into the category of some one hit wonder industry puppet?

Clown

My job is selling music so yeah, I know about music.

BOTH TRACKS WERE MADE FOR ALBUM SALES!!!!!!! THAT'S MY POINT!!!!!!!!!!!

I realize their music isn't the same but they're both commercial pop artists. Doesn't matter who's bigger.

Uncle Steezo
09-20-2009, 07:52 AM
i just DL'd the "man on the moon"

its like a hybrid between love below, kid a and 808 minus the autotune.

if you are expecting a hiphop cd dont cop this.

personally i love it.

very innovative sounds and vision.

had it on repeat all night. nice contrast to CL2. now i can get back to the rae...im feenin. lol

-IrOnBuLL-
09-21-2009, 08:43 AM
yeah kid cudi will be very interesting for today's hip hop for real

Dr. Simon Hurt
09-21-2009, 09:15 AM
its like a hybrid between love below, kid a and 808 minus the autotune.

this made me download it...know nothing about dude really besides like 2 songs, have no preconceived notions

will be back with thoughts

again, five deez and fat jon have been doing hiphop with chill electronic and house elements for years...try their stuff if you have never heard it---i recommend

five deez- koolmotor
five deez- kommunicator

fat jon- wave motion, lightweight heavy, the same channel (with styrofoam)

Rame
09-26-2009, 03:05 PM
He's got some tight beats on his album but he's too much of an emo to make it really interesting.

Dominus Santorini
09-26-2009, 09:16 PM
It's a solid album, but it's not really my taste.

Dr. Simon Hurt
09-26-2009, 09:22 PM
great production on a majority of the songs, but cudi himself sucks.
his singing is atrocious, it's the same cadence on every song, makes things really montonous.
his lyrics are very banal as well, even when he's defying hiphop conventions, his overall performance on the album seems very haphazard and amateurish...i don't think he's ready for prime-time.
sonically i enjoyed the album alot, but i can't stomach the kid.