PDA

View Full Version : Stillmatic VS OB4CL2

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-07-2009, 12:35 PM
So what it be, Nas' "sequel" to Tragedy Khadafi's classic debut, versus Rae's "sequel" of Ghostface's magnum opus.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/8296/womansmokingcigar.jpg

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/3535/tragedysp.jpg

ALCATRAZ
09-07-2009, 12:37 PM
ether was on stillmatic

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-07-2009, 12:38 PM
ether was the most overrated diss record in history

main_man
09-07-2009, 12:48 PM

agree 1000%

i still think jigga bodied nas in that beef. a lot of folks disagree, but ether sounds like middle school kid taunts to me. nothing real.

ALCATRAZ
09-07-2009, 12:49 PM
there is a reason jayz was near tears after hearing that song

there is a reason for that

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-07-2009, 01:02 PM
Jayz's career just blew the fuck up to massive levels AFTER ether, it didnt ether anything in his life. From that alone its a fail.

Jay Z went on to-

make more money
sell more records
started fucking BEYONCE and eventually locking that power u into marriage

Meanwhile Nas went on to

Dating and then marrying fucking KELIS lol
relying on desperate gimmicks to sell his albums
contemplate starring in Belly 3
paying Kelis 50k a month

So all that about Nas saying he was ugly, couldnt rap etc, didnt do shit LOL, everything Nas was saying backfired

Who was really ethered here?

standout
09-07-2009, 01:08 PM
Jayz's career just blew the fuck up to massive levels AFTER ether, it didnt ether anything in his life. From that alone its a fail.

so basically your saying that Canibus also got ethered on Second Round KO because it hurt his carear more then it hurt LL's, even though we all know who won?

your a moron. just shut up.

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-07-2009, 01:16 PM
so basically your saying that Canibus also got ethered on Second Round KO because it hurt his carear more then it hurt LL's, even though we all know who won?

your a moron. just shut up.

Yes. If a rap beef you were in ended up effecting your livelyhood and how you make money to live and feed your family, then you defintely clearly were the loser. I dont care how many rap nerds think Canibus "won", and im pretty sure LL doesnt either lol.

And you should know enough about losing rap beefs.

And why are you here on a Wu tang site? Telling people to shut up? Joe Budden getting ethered into oblvion emotionally effected you in real life, shouldnt you of commmitted suicide by now? Youve already been banned once, but you still are here. Why.

ALCATRAZ
09-07-2009, 01:22 PM
all that lifestyle shit is secondary ... jay is a wise businessman and it wasn't hard to see he was next in line to blow after big passed

people often forget about jays status before ether ... the nigga was basically untouchable ... shit, it even took nas like three months to respond after the original diss was premiered at summer jam

ether changed everything though ... it humbled that faggit and told everyone in the game, "its ok, jayz is not immortal" ... then what happens? almost every rapper under the face of the sun starts dissing jayz, trying to get shine ...

i think most ether haters dont like ether because they think its just a bunch of name calling but you gotta see it from how jay would embrace the song ... this is one of nas' biggest fans like EVER ... nas baby moms even said when she was gettin dicked down by jay she saw nas' platinum plaques hangin all on his walls LOL ... thats true stan behavior

i'd like 2 go thru the third verse and break it down but its already been done ... who really outside of ny knew about jaz o before ether ... who knew jay had basically stolen peoples personas from chef raekwon to big daddy kane and tried to ride with it as his own ... jay has been a herb since day one and nas put him back in his place, dropped a top 3 diss track and rejuvenated his own career all at the same time ... thats what makes it > takeover

Tecknowledgist
09-07-2009, 01:30 PM
this is why you cant make threads about stillmatic

because ether ethers it

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-07-2009, 01:44 PM
all that lifestyle shit is secondary ... jay is a wise businessman and it wasn't hard to see he was next in line to blow after big passed

people often forget about jays status before ether ... the nigga was basically untouchable ... shit, it even took nas like three months to respond after the original diss was premiered at summer jam

ether changed everything though ... it humbled that faggit and told everyone in the game, "its ok, jayz is not immortal" ... then what happens? almost every rapper under the face of the sun starts dissing jayz, trying to get shine ...

i think most ether haters dont like ether because they think its just a bunch of name calling but you gotta see it from how jay would embrace the song ... this is one of nas' biggest fans like EVER ... nas baby moms even said when she was gettin dicked down by jay she saw nas' platinum plaques hangin all on his walls LOL ... thats true stan behavior

i'd like 2 go thru the third verse and break it down but its already been done ... who really outside of ny knew about jaz o before ether ... who knew jay had basically stolen peoples personas from chef raekwon to big daddy kane and tried to ride with it as his own ... jay has been a herb since day one and nas put him back in his place, dropped a top 3 diss track and rejuvenated his own career all at the same time ... thats what makes it > takeover

outside of the internet, all that shit is irrelevent. Its not like Jay lost fans because of what Nas said. Look at all how many people were begging this guy not to quit whent he black album was released. He basically had the entire hip hop world in an orderly queue for his nutsack when he said he was gonna retire.

and beyonce >> kelis.

Longbongcilvaringz
09-07-2009, 01:48 PM
Ether is nothing special.

Stillmatic is though, because it has some brilliant tracks on it.

It has weak shit though.

OB4CL2 doesn't have much weak shit, but it doesn't have anything brilliant really.

Which is why i'd rate Stillmatic slightly higher, they're pretty close though.

Longbongcilvaringz
09-07-2009, 01:49 PM
The inspired Rodriguez sample on "You're Da Man" is a favourite thing of mine.

Sugar Man.

TSA
09-07-2009, 01:55 PM
ppl wanna say ether was weak cause its accepted to now say that ether wasn't weak and they wanna be rebels.

in the end of the day the 2 went toe to toe and jay-z acknowledges he llost the battle.

what happens after has nothing to do with the fact that 2 rappers rapped against each other and 1 one.

If drake and the entire fucking wutangempire battled drake would loose, but he has a more promising future then wutang, does that mean if his next album sells more then rza's and he marries jesus christ's sister's vagina he won the battle between rappers? no.

this is a serious problem in hip hop, ppl getting so obsessed with images and finding cool black men that they forget they're making and listening to music.

djskillz
09-07-2009, 02:02 PM
^ True.

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-07-2009, 02:05 PM
ppl wanna say ether was weak cause its accepted to now say that ether wasn't weak and they wanna be rebels.

in the end of the day the 2 went toe to toe and jay-z acknowledges he llost the battle.

what happens after has nothing to do with the fact that 2 rappers rapped against each other and 1 one.

If drake and the entire fucking wutangempire battled drake would loose, but he has a more promising future then wutang, does that mean if his next album sells more then rza's and he marries jesus christ's sister's vagina he won the battle between rappers? no.

this is a serious problem in hip hop, ppl getting so obsessed with images and finding cool black men that they forget they're making and listening to music.

no. believe it or not some people out there simply think Ether wasnt a great diss track. stop acting like a bitch your whole life. your online.

your just still making up stories online

takeover was fucking ill in every way.

and speak saying "nas made it accpetable to go after jay z", what? jay z started this whole shit, he went at nas, what was nas gonna do? be quiet?

Steve Urkel
09-07-2009, 02:10 PM

Thank you

Longbongcilvaringz
09-07-2009, 02:12 PM

I don't even care about what impact it had or who won or whatever.

I know some people have unhealthy obsessions with certain rappers, and hate anyone who disses them.

They take sides like bitches.

Just don't think it's a great track, without mentioning punchlines, it's brutal in tone, which makes it a decent diss.

Beat does nothing for me, and Nas doesn't sound great over it.

That's where it ends for me.

I'd prefer not to get caught up in 'who won' or whatever else, because people who do that "deal with emotions like bitches".

Longbongcilvaringz
09-07-2009, 02:13 PM
no. believe it or not some people out there simply think Ether wasnt a great diss track. stop acting like a bitch your whole life. your online.

your just still making up stories online

takeover was fucking ill in every way.

and speak saying "nas made it accpetable to go after jay z", what? jay z started this whole shit, he went at nas, what was nas gonna do? be quiet?

Uh, isn't that what Prodigy did...

tical2000
09-07-2009, 02:17 PM

CO SIGN

Honestly, TAKEOVER is way better.......JAY-Z talks about real shit (NAS dropping lame albums, fuckin NAS's baby mama, Prodigy's balarina pictures).......all NAS does is call JAY-Z names like fagit and shit....

STILLMATIC is the most overrated albums....."BRAVEHEART PARTY" anyone??? One of the worst songs NAS has ever done

To me NAS made two albums worth hearing....ILLMATIC and IT WAS WRITTEN

Robert
09-07-2009, 02:18 PM
People never seem to be able to grasp the concept of subjectivity when it comes to music.

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-07-2009, 02:19 PM
I have zero personaly affiliation to jay z or nas, iI wouldnt call myself a massive fan of either, but illmatic is one of my favorite albums ever, and i like alot of jay z joints

but neither of them would personally induce any sort of stanning where I would ignore anything in the cause of supporting them no matter what.

i know its all about music which is why my post eariler in the thread highlighted how musically succussful wise jay has done nothing but elevate while nas he done the opposite

ALCATRAZ
09-07-2009, 02:24 PM
ffDDbEJAEIg

nas broke that nigga down thru the art of rhyme LOL

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-07-2009, 02:25 PM
People never seem to be able to grasp the concept of subjectivity when it comes to music.

explain? otherwise you are just sounding like a butthurt nas stan you claim to dislike. And im more of a Nas fan than Jay Z.

all of these posts were based on SUBJECTIVE viewing of the situation that occured after the beef, to asses which diss had more impact on the respective artists

(and because of Illmatic i will always be a bigger NAS fan that Jay Z)

Jay Z went on to-

make more money
sell more records
started fucking BEYONCE and eventually locking that power u into marriage

Meanwhile Nas went on to

paying Kelis 50k a month

So all that about Nas saying he was ugly, couldnt rap etc, didnt do shit LOL, everything Nas was saying backfired

Who was really ethered here?

Yes. If a rap beef you were in ended up effecting your livelyhood and how you make money to live and feed your family, then you defintely clearly were the loser. I dont care how many rap nerds think Canibus "won", and im pretty sure LL doesnt either lol.

outside of the internet, all that shit is irrelevent. Its not like Jay lost fans because of what Nas said. Look at all how many people were begging this guy not to quit whent he black album was released. He basically had the entire hip hop world in an orderly queue for his nutsack when he said he was gonna retire.

and beyonce >> kelis.

ALCATRAZ
09-07-2009, 02:27 PM
regardless of how the fans feel, jay was hurt deeply

so much that he openly admitted that ether made him a stronger person

A STRONGER PERSON !!! LOL !!!

HE GREW FROM ETHER !!! LIKE A CHILD GROWS FROM EXPERIENCE HE GREW FROM ETHER !!! LOL HE BASICALLY CALLED HIMSELF NAS' SON !!! AHAHAHA

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-07-2009, 02:28 PM
lol "a stronger person"

did he really say that

Longbongcilvaringz
09-07-2009, 02:31 PM
I have zero personaly affiliation to jay z or nas, iI wouldnt call myself a massive fan of either, but illmatic is one of my favorite albums ever, and i like alot of jay z joints

but neither of them would personally induce any sort of stanning where I would ignore anything in the cause of supporting them no matter what.

i know its all about music which is why my post eariler in the thread highlighted how musically succussful wise jay has done nothing but elevate while nas he done the opposite

Fair enough.

lol at "stillmatic made me a stronger person".

Hey Tical2000, how's that for IMPACT, you fucking sinner.

I'll sin myself, and admit that i prefer Destroy & Rebuild to Ether.

Robert
09-07-2009, 02:35 PM
explain? otherwise you are just sounding like a butthurt nas stan you claim to dislike. And im more of a Nas fan than Jay Z.

all of these posts were based on SUBJECTIVE viewing of the situation that occured after the beef, to asses which diss had more impact on the respective artists

(and because of Illmatic i will always be a bigger NAS fan that Jay Z)

Wtf are you on about? I couldn't care less who won the beef, I can't believe people still talk about it.

I just don't understand how you guys can be attacking each other over which diss is better when the interpretation of which is better is completely subjective (and the impact on the respective artists for that matter).

There is no objective data we can use to assess which is better or the impact. It is all personal opinion.

Despite this, we get these emotional arguements where two parties are convinced they have the right answer when there is no right answer.

ALCATRAZ
09-07-2009, 02:39 PM
lol "a stronger person"

did he really say that
yeah he said that shit on some song i can't remember ... said ether made him a better person LOL ... taught him how to love again LOL

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-07-2009, 02:42 PM
There is no objective data we can use to assess which is better or the impact. It is all personal opinion.

Despite this, we get these emotional arguements where two parties are convinced they have the right answer when there is no right answer.

So what your saying is no one should debate who won, whatsoever? Because its impossible?

So in your opinion, how does one acertain who has won a beef, and if thats not physically possible, whats the point in beefing at all?

Thworldisyours
09-07-2009, 02:43 PM
2nd Childhood > The entire Cuban Linx 2 album...

And Ether is ether... No further discussion needed...

Longbongcilvaringz
09-07-2009, 02:44 PM
Nas even admits that his entire country has shitted on him.

That's real.

ALCATRAZ
09-07-2009, 02:46 PM

nastradamus was nas' last project before ether dropped ... its fair to nas was slowly fading into oblivion while jay was quickly climbing the ranks of the rap game ... the dynasty, more or less a compilation album, was 2x platinum before the beef even popped off ... it was not supposed to go down the way it did ... jay was supposed to destroy nas and forever banish him from rap ... which at his PEAK he failed to do ... nas was a bum and still came out on top

even without regarding the music, nas won off sheer principle

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-07-2009, 02:47 PM
damn sheer principle? lmao

yeah he said that shit on some song i can't remember ... said ether made him a better person LOL ... taught him how to love again LOL

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHHHHHHHHHAhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!a hahah

damn man that was kilin me

im am seriously reconsidering who won this shit now.

Robert
09-07-2009, 02:52 PM
So what your saying is no one should debate who won, whatsoever? Because its impossible?

So in your opinion, how does one acertain who has won a beef, and if thats not physically possible, whats the point in beefing at all?

Does it matter who wins a beef? It doesn't to me. Beef rap inspires creativity and a challenge. That is the point in my eyes.

The Jay/Nas debate is essentially pointless. It never goes anywhere.

The beef occurred years and years ago yet the arguement over who won still rages on without a clear conclusion. That is how it will always be.

Why? For the reasons I stated above.

Of course you can debate it, I just don't understand why people keep attacking another's opinion thinking they have the "right" answer in what is a subjective debate with no absolute right answer.

No one wins in the end so why get emotional about it?

Robert
09-07-2009, 03:00 PM
nastradamus was nas' last project before ether dropped ... its fair to nas was slowly fading into oblivion while jay was quickly climbing the ranks of the rap game ... the dynasty, more or less a compilation album, was 2x platinum before the beef even popped off ... it was not supposed to go down the way it did ... jay was supposed to destroy nas and forever banish him from rap ... which at his PEAK he failed to do ... nas was a bum and still came out on top

even without regarding the music, nas won off sheer principle

Nastradamus, minus a couple of tracks, was absolute trash (IMO) as you said.

I don't disagree with the other stuff you said either. I just don't regard it as proof Nas won.

The beef was good for Nas because it rejuvenated his career. That is the point, not whether he won or lost but it's impact.

Wasn't there some Hot 97 poll at the time suggesting people thought Nas won?

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Does it matter who wins a beef? It doesn't to me. Beef rap inspires creativity and a challenge. That is the point in my eyes.

The Jay/Nas debate is essentially pointless. It never goes anywhere.

The beef occurred years and years ago yet the arguement over who won still rages on without a clear conclusion. That is how it will always be.

Why? For the reasons I stated above.

Of course you can debate it, I just don't understand why people keep attacking another's opinion thinking they have the "right" answer in what is a subjective debate with no absolute right answer.

No one wins in the end so why get emotional about it?

^damn nigga quit getting so psychological, its just a rap beef lol

i think jay won, why have some of you got to come in and question how im living my life over that lol

Longbongcilvaringz
09-07-2009, 03:05 PM
"ether taught me how to love again"

hahaha

Robert
09-07-2009, 03:05 PM
Sure. It's just rap beef that occurred many years ago that people are still talking about like it's revelant or important.

That fact that we keep talking about events like this is a reflection of the quality and impact of Hip Hop in the last ten years.

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-07-2009, 03:08 PM
^because it taught shawn carter how to love again, thats why we're here talking about it.

Robert
09-07-2009, 03:18 PM
This thread has taught me how to love again.

YungSunny
09-07-2009, 03:32 PM
Topic title: Stillmatic vs. Cuban Linx 2

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-07-2009, 03:41 PM
^needs to learn how to love life again

Longbongcilvaringz
09-07-2009, 03:43 PM
haha

Thing is, OB4CL2 will always win on this site, so it doesn't really matter.

Robert
09-07-2009, 03:45 PM
So that was the point of the beef, so we could all learn to love again.

Great build except for that useless 5 yr old who keeps running his fingers down the back board.

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-07-2009, 03:54 PM
haha

Thing is, OB4CL2 will always win on this site, so it doesn't really matter.

No, OB4cl2 is gonna win because Nas Lost is a universal law of physics.

e=mcnaslost2

Poetic Wun
09-07-2009, 05:12 PM
belly 3? i never knew of a 2.
but i'd take kelis over beyonce. beyonce just annoys the fuck outta me.

co sign
LOL HE BASICALLY CALLED HIMSELF NAS' SON !!! AHAHAHA
lmao. makes sense tho.

word.

i voted Stilly tho. i've never been too keen on Rae and mafioso rap. it's a good album but nas is more my style ans Stillmatic was an incredible album.

main_man
09-07-2009, 05:40 PM
yeah, fuck all the bullshit, i just always thought ether was a weak diss record. just a weak record,period.
dont change the fact i like nas and jigga about the same.

i think ethers such a weak diss record, s-carter was probably listening to it giggling while getting slow head from nas' baby mother. i know i would.

ALCATRAZ
09-07-2009, 05:42 PM
lol @ main_man totally ignoring the fact that jayz hung up the fone in tears on angie martinez

lol @ u ignoring that

YungSunny
09-07-2009, 06:02 PM
How these fans feel about ether as a diss track don't even matter.

Jay-z cried......

Jay-z cried

TSA
09-07-2009, 06:21 PM
I don't even care about what impact it had or who won or whatever.

I know some people have unhealthy obsessions with certain rappers, and hate anyone who disses them.

They take sides like bitches.

Just don't think it's a great track, without mentioning punchlines, it's brutal in tone, which makes it a decent diss.

Beat does nothing for me, and Nas doesn't sound great over it.

That's where it ends for me.

I'd prefer not to get caught up in 'who won' or whatever else, because people who do that "deal with emotions like bitches".

thats fine, but this was nothing but as publicized traditional MC battle, they even put the crowd on a vote and they said nas won.

if 2 rappers were having a freestyle battle and 1 wins by verdict of the crowd and the fact that one tried to break bread with the god, and the loser walks out to buy a very nice car cause of his pay increase at work, in the modern state of hip hop and stannism, the guy that bought the car would have won that completely unrelated previous rap battle that he walked out a loser of.

Hip hop fans aren't into music, they like cool black men. They want to see cool black men cause they're cool, handsome and are en vogue role models. I believe this baby like train of thought is not only gay, but homosexual.

look at this thread.

2 rappers battled and it boiled down to wives.
wives.
do you REALLY think it's that much of a stretch to see these individual men, who aren't having sex with either kelis or beyonce, deny their mother for the chance to sip baby food of the dick and thigh of, idk, the Rza?

jay-z maybe?
it's not.

11th Chamber
09-07-2009, 06:30 PM

http://www.marriedtothesea.com/092206/the-false-teeth.gif

TSA
09-07-2009, 06:36 PM
hahahaha

standout
09-07-2009, 06:58 PM

And you should know enough about losing rap beefs.

And why are you here on a Wu tang site? Telling people to shut up? Joe Budden getting ethered into oblvion emotionally effected you in real life, shouldnt you of commmitted suicide by now? Youve already been banned once, but you still are here. Why.

Why should i not be on a wu tang site? i am a wu tang fan afterall...

my place here is about as legit as yours.

The only difference is I have a mind of my own, and you dont.

Now, my question to you is Why are you comparing a CD that is a certified classic through longevity and not through association to a CD that technically isint even out yet?

OB4CL2 is a good cd on a first listen. Will it be a grower and grow into a classic, or will it be a CD that gets boring quickly is up to Time to tell.

Your comparison sucks. If you wanted to make a legit thread, you could have compared BP3 to BP1 and OB4CL2 to OB4CL...that makes sense.

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-07-2009, 08:32 PM
thats fine, but this was nothing but as publicized traditional MC battle, they even put the crowd on a vote and they said nas won.

if 2 rappers were having a freestyle battle and 1 wins by verdict of the crowd and the fact that one tried to break bread with the god, and the loser walks out to buy a very nice car cause of his pay increase at work, in the modern state of hip hop and stannism, the guy that bought the car would have won that completely unrelated previous rap battle that he walked out a loser of.

Hip hop fans aren't into music, they like cool black men. They want to see cool black men cause they're cool, handsome and are en vogue role models. I believe this baby like train of thought is not only gay, but homosexual.

look at this thread.

2 rappers battled and it boiled down to wives.
wives.
do you REALLY think it's that much of a stretch to see these individual men, who aren't having sex with either kelis or beyonce, deny their mother for the chance to sip baby food of the dick and thigh of, idk, the Rza?

jay-z maybe?
it's not.

^"dont.push.me.cus.im.close to the eeeeeedge" lol

but why has the idea that someone thinks takeover is better than ether has sent sent you into a manic spiral of self doubt, depression, and psychology lessonz, right here in hip hop shop.

..because someone said ether is overrated...

and forced u poor guy to blubber out lines like:

"Hip hop fans aren't into music, they like cool black men. They want to see cool black men cause they're cool, handsome and are en vogue role models. .":'(

^HAHAHHAahhahaahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
because ether is overrated.

lol wow. you a one hot post every 10 year average. the rest is pusspube sweaters.

but thanks though bro I didnt realise you were going to unravel my whole life and true personality based on me not liking Ether.. Im humbled in your presents. (see the way i deliberately misspelled that word just like you do bro)

Oztradamus
09-07-2009, 08:40 PM
As NaS is my favorite MC ever.. I gotta choose OB4CL2.. I think I'll find myself listening to Cuban Linx II years from now, on a constant basis. I still bump Stillmatic every now and then though.

Oztradamus
09-07-2009, 08:44 PM
Oh yeah.. As far as Ether being a weak diss.. You niggas is buggin'

Ether as a diss >> Takeover as a diss

But as a stand alone song, I prefer The Takeover, Kanye lacing that Doors sample was :O

Jay-Z was distraught when he heard Ether, nigga wanted to cry when he went on Angie Martinez show. They announced he had Lost in a poll they had conducted earlier that day LOL

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-07-2009, 08:53 PM
At least he learnt how to love again. At least it helped him to become more of a man.

main_man
09-07-2009, 09:20 PM
shit, i dont think im taking it anywhere. and jay-z coulda cried while saying nas is the coolest black man he ever wanted to be like in life.

dont change the fact i think ether is WEAK just based on name calling and other little kid bullshit nas resorted to on the track. fuck, the freestyle nas did over the "paid in full" beat was a 10 times better jay-z diss than ether.

niggas still all emotional over a 8 year old beef that got squashed 4-5 years ago. lol @ that.

ALCATRAZ
09-07-2009, 10:59 PM
jay-z coulda cried while saying nas is the coolest black man he ever wanted to be like in life.

dont change the fact i think ether is weak just based on name calling and other little kid bullshit nas resorted to on the track.

fuck, the freestyle nas did over the "paid in full" beat was a 10 times better jay-z diss than ether.

niggas still all emotional

lol

12weLvE
09-07-2009, 11:06 PM
Stillmatic.

main_man
09-07-2009, 11:40 PM
im not really sure why im being quoted. (out of context at that).
im not sure if your implying im emotional over this or something. cause i can assure you, if your reading comprehension skills are up to par with, lets say, a high school freshman, i think you would understand there is zero emotion there. im just talking shit about hip hop on a forum. no big deal.
but, i mean, im a nas fan, dont get me wrong. i just think thats one of his weakest tracks. and judging by the passion this jigga/nas shit still envokes in some, maybe tsa'z on to something with the whole baby food/thighs of your favorite rapper theory.

hmmmmmmmm.

UncontrolledSubstans
09-08-2009, 05:35 AM
Stillmatic is mad overrated. Would say that OBFCL2 is a much better album. The Lost Tapes is better than OBFCL2 tho.

Longbongcilvaringz
09-08-2009, 05:47 AM
That line about 1 hot record ever 10 years in Takeover always pisses me off a bit.

Considering you could conceivably say the same thing about Jay Z (i know none of you would though).

It Was Written is as good as RD, which is obviously Jay's best album.

ALCATRAZ
09-08-2009, 01:03 PM
it was written >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> reasonable doubt

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-08-2009, 01:27 PM
I think RD is a great fucking album but you notice how no one literally gave a fuck about that album until Jay and Dame started talking about it right before BP1 was released out the blue.

All of a sudden it was like rocafella goons went on a propaganda campaign to make that album a classic. Maybe it was slept on a bit. But when it came out the shit was really not getting any real love. It was just another album.

But before Jay did Takeover he knew he needed his own "classic album" status to compete with illmatic to make the beef legit, so he kept saying RD was it. He needed that ground level respect.

It def worked though everyone talks about RD now, all the time, wheraas before no one was calling it a classic.

ALCATRAZ
09-08-2009, 01:30 PM
word reasonable doubt was brooklyn's version of only built and i can't get with that ... there are only a select few niggaz i wanna hear rappin about cristal and politickin, and it ain't biggie and jay !!!

Fright
09-08-2009, 01:43 PM

Co-Sign 100%.

triPAUD
09-10-2009, 12:48 AM
nas won.

If you can't see why, then you weren't really listening.

and to even mention takeover in relation to nas shows you don't know wat ur talkin about cause supaugly was the real nas diss.

triPAUD
09-10-2009, 12:50 AM
How these fans feel about ether as a diss track don't even matter.

Jay-z cried......

Jay-z cried

nuff said.

and canibus won too.