PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in ghosts?

MAYOR QUIMBY
09-10-2009, 01:20 AM
Some time ago i made a thread asking if you believe in God. I then made one about aliens and UFO's. So being the skeptic i am, do you believe in ghosts?

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w320/tokeforpeace/ghost.gif

As an adult, i find it pretty lame to believe in ghosts. I love how if someone says they believe in leprachauns and unicorns people giggle at them. But when they say they believe in ghosts people get serious and become intrigued. There's just as much evidence for unicorns and leprachauns as there are for ghosts.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d90/aliooplv/leprachaun.jpg

And shouldn't there be ghosts everywhere given the amount of people that have died throughout history on this planet? Why don't they ever appear in parties? Or when i'm masturbating to my Sears catalog?

And why do ghosts always seem so damn boring? Most people just say they floated by, or were rocking in a chair. If they're trying to communicate with us they should hold up a sign or do sign language or fart on our face or something.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e284/kmathis1022/ghost.jpg

I've never heard of a naked ghost and I love how they are always clothed, because you know, we so desperately need clothing in the after-life.

In conclusion, I believe people think they saw a ghost when they tell me, but do i believe what they saw was an actual floating spirit of a deceased person? Hmmm,,,no sir :thumbdwn:

MAYOR QUIMBY
09-10-2009, 01:24 AM
Oh and don't even get me started on the bullshit that is ESP and psychic powers...

KaramelSundae
09-10-2009, 01:28 AM
hahahaha

so you don't believe in miss cleo?

The Hound
09-10-2009, 01:45 AM
Oh and don't even get me started on the bullshit that is ESP and psychic powers...

Argh, me neither. I saw on the Crime channel there is some bullshit TV about psychic detectives, GTFO.

I don't believe in things I can't see or have proven to me that exist like Ghosts or Unicorns, Leprechauns, Santa Claus or the Skampoe sex tape and I don't really know if I believe in God or not so I choose to just ingore it.

But, when it comes to UFO's or Aliens and shit I do believe in those because the Universe is so big that eventually somewhere there has to be another life form.

:chef:

killafifth
09-10-2009, 01:45 AM
ghost dont exist because energy cant be detected not unless itz housed in the physical

killafifth
09-10-2009, 02:06 AM
ufos are real there are 19 galaxies

J-Cee
09-10-2009, 02:13 AM
19 ay lol..

i believe in ghosts becuase theres too much evidence and ive seen 1 myself

my dads old house was haunted..i woke up one morning,,bout 6am walked to the living room and in the corner of my eye i seen a tall man standing there and jsut staring me,he didnt look scary or threatening or nothing,then when i looked towards him he dissapeared...heaps of shit like that happened i n the house..

killafifth
09-10-2009, 02:22 AM
i think that tv is the biggest form of hypnosis meaning that our minds are programmed tomplat tricks on us

The Hound
09-10-2009, 03:34 AM

19? Er, no. There are something like 5,000 known galaxies and the estimation exceeds 100 million.

That also doesn't prove life form rather it just makes it more than likely.

ALCATRAZ
09-10-2009, 04:20 AM
we're aliens too ... to someone, somewhere ....

Longbongcilvaringz
09-10-2009, 04:55 AM

i think that tv is the biggest form of hypnosis meaning that our minds are programmed tomplat tricks on us

hahaha

Tage
09-10-2009, 05:20 AM
i believe in ghosts becuase theres too much evidence and ive seen 1 myself

i seem to remember you taking jabs at Christianity - yet you believe in ghosts.

:learning:

J-Cee
09-10-2009, 07:11 AM
yes...how does believing in ghosts link with christianity??..do i have to be a christian to believe in ghosts or something?lol..

J-Cee
09-10-2009, 07:13 AM
i believe in many things and i dont believe in alot of other things,it just comes down to what i believe in and thats 1 freedom no one can take away from me..

Ninja
09-10-2009, 07:24 AM
You talking about just ghosts or fallen angels aswell??

cuz im sure ppl can get them mixed up with one another!

Tage
09-10-2009, 09:03 AM
yes...how does believing in ghosts link with christianity??..do i have to be a christian to believe in ghosts or something?lol..

its a bit of a contradiction to use science to disprove a religion, and still believe in ghosts. thats the link.

J-Cee
09-10-2009, 09:12 AM
i just dont believe in religion,simple is that..just doesnt feel right....i believe in ghosts from 1st hand experience among other things..yet i can't explain it cause i don't know.

the scarecrow
09-10-2009, 01:43 PM
i believe in ghosts, personal expierences

Divine King
09-10-2009, 01:54 PM
nah..ghosts are simply apparitions in peoples minds.

MAYOR QUIMBY
09-10-2009, 02:09 PM
But, when it comes to UFO's or Aliens and shit I do believe in those because the Universe is so big that eventually somewhere there has to be another life form.

Ya, and they travelled so many miles to see us yet all they do is draw silly circles in wheat fields and abduct people when no one else is around. If they are trying to communicate why dont they appear during a presidential speech? I got so many illogical points to make about aliens i'm not going to waste my time.

i believe in ghosts becuase theres too much evidence

Oh ya, plenty of eye witness stories and a handful of faded pictures. Yep, great evidence.

"I don't believe in things I can't see or have proven to me that exist like Ghosts or Unicorns"
Just because ghosts havent been proven to be real doesnt mean they dont exist. I just think that ghosts (along with aliens and ESP) behave in such ludicrous and illogical ways that they should already be a form of common sense that they do not and cannot exist.

Steve Urkel
09-10-2009, 04:24 PM
bI3QBUsbTvs&feature=PlayList&p=D2C90CD0826BC7DC&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=83

J-Cee
09-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Ya, and they travelled so many miles to see us yet all they do is draw silly circles in wheat fields and abduct people when no one else is around. If they are trying to communicate why dont they appear during a presidential speech? I got so many illogical points to make about aliens i'm not going to waste my time.

Oh ya, plenty of eye witness stories and a handful of faded pictures. Yep, great evidence.

"I don't believe in things I can't see or have proven to me that exist like Ghosts or Unicorns"
Just because ghosts havent been proven to be real doesnt mean they dont exist. I just think that ghosts (along with aliens and ESP) behave in such ludicrous and illogical ways that they should already be a form of common sense that they do not and cannot exist.

did you not see that through personal experiences and others is one of the main reasons that i believe in ghosts?

Let me ask you this,do you believe in Jesus?..or any other prophet?

drippie k
09-10-2009, 10:41 PM
im not gonna say ghosts dont exist...i've never seen one, felt one or known anybody that has but...it would hella suck ass to see one..so, maybe

Blackula Spectacula
09-10-2009, 10:46 PM
"Hold old do you think I am? "

The only Ghost I believe in is Ghostface Killah

MAYOR QUIMBY
09-10-2009, 10:59 PM
Let me ask you this,do you believe in Jesus?..or any other prophet?
There's no evidence that Jesus Christ lived on earth other than words in a book, but its still more logical to believe that a man may or may not have lived thousands of years ago than ghosts.

There was no way of reporting something existed back in those days other than writing or painting a picture of it. These days you have cameras, controlled experiments, the internet, etc...

And the point isn't even using tools to find ghosts, it's purely the irrationality of it all. In order to believe in ghosts, witchraft, psychic powers and ouija boards you must first throw all logic out the window.

J-Cee
09-10-2009, 11:02 PM
well if u havnt experienced anything of the kind to do with ghosts/the supernatural then yeh you probably wont believe..i've seen/felt/heard too much to not believe...

MAYOR QUIMBY
09-10-2009, 11:11 PM
^ I never will witness anything supernatural. I'm the type who doesnt automatically assume it was a ghost whenever i see an unidentified shadow on my bedroom wall at night, or think its my dead great grandpa talking to me when i hear a moan outside my living room. (It would probably be my neighbors knockin boots for that matter.)

J-Cee
09-10-2009, 11:33 PM
yes i don't automatically assume either,i'm quite skeptical with alot of things,im talking real apparitions and unexplainable things..if i see a shadow i dont jump and say Ghost!...lol

The Hound
09-10-2009, 11:58 PM

Why would they appear at all, though? When it comes to foreign Aliens and species or whatever is if they do happen to somehow find their way to Earth you would have to safely assume that their technological and intellectual advancement is so far ahead of our own would you not be asking, "what possible reason would they be doing here?" When more than likely we have nothing to offer them?

And what illogical way has an Alien ever behaved in?

Are you also trying to tell me that with possibly hundreds of millions of galaxies we are the only form of species out there?

J-Cee
09-11-2009, 12:12 AM
i find it illogical that u can blow a load by elbowing ur stomach..im a skeptic.

MAYOR QUIMBY
09-11-2009, 01:35 AM
And what illogical way has an Alien ever behaved in?

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49583

And of course there's a high possibility of life outside the earth. I dont, however, believe those are the bug-eyed skinny gray aliens people see in their dreams.

Although not a surprise, it always saddens me how so many adults believe in the supernatural. (Including witchcraft, palm reading, fortune telling, fallen angels, blah blah blah...)

J-Cee
09-11-2009, 01:40 AM
Why shouldnt adults believe in it?..we exist..exisiting the way we do is unbelievable in itself..

MAYOR QUIMBY
09-11-2009, 01:47 AM
^^ No it's not, it's believable. I believe i am alive right now. You dont believe you exist?

The Hound
09-11-2009, 01:49 AM
I don't believe in those sightings. What you have presented there, however, is the human perception of Aliens which doesn't at all explain the illogical movements of Aliens unless I have misunderstood and taken that too literally? I am definately not one of those persons who believes in stupid corn field markings and flying saucers that just happen to fly over Wisconsin when somebody conveniently has a camera ready for action but with the hundreds of millions of possible galaxies there just has to be something else.

The perception people have of a flying saucer is mindboggling stupid considering the technology required to travel through space between galaxies would not be equipped in a shitty circular dish that just about every dinky redneck who ever tried to milk UFO's for fame and fortune were able to build from scratch.

Also, from the 1950s to the mid 1960's the CIA were testing LSD on people because they were worried about a possible Soviet biological attack using the drug and weren't properly informed and would put them in a very small room and monitor them once the drug kicked in so that, to me anyway, that logicaly explains any abductions and "sightings" of UFO's and bigfoot and such from that era and I think people have then tried to gain fame off such false claims from there onwards.

J-Cee
09-11-2009, 01:55 AM
^^ No it's not, it's believable. I believe i am alive right now. You dont believe you exist?

I Believe i exist,but what i mean is that i think some sort of supernatural(as we call it) force has had something to do with the planets/universe and everythings existence..it cant just be created from nothing..this is what im relating my statement too.

J-Cee
09-11-2009, 01:57 AM
I've seen a UFO being that as a Unidentified flying object,not saying it was controlled by aliens,but the way it was moving..the technology to do that is far advanced from what we have..unless the governemnt is hiding this technology from us....

MAYOR QUIMBY
09-11-2009, 02:05 AM
I Believe i exist,but what i mean is that i think some sort of supernatural(as we call it) force has had something to do with the planets/universe and everythings existence..it cant just be created from nothing..this is what im relating my statement too.
What you are referring to here is what many people throughout history have called GOD, far from ghosts and leprachauns, lets not confuse them...

Visionz
09-11-2009, 03:45 AM
a lot of youtube videos look like bullshit, but this one had some pretty strange things in it
deoJUBW9CI8
check out that girl in the mirror at the very end, in the end who really knows? but the shit is weird

Tage
09-11-2009, 04:36 AM

What you are referring to here is what many people throughout history have called GOD

in this thread, J-Cee, we have discovered that you are a religious person, and that you didnt even know it yourself. lol

:hippy:

J-Cee
09-11-2009, 11:31 PM
What you are referring to here is what many people throughout history have called GOD, far from ghosts and leprachauns, lets not confuse them...
thats exactly right..lol....look at what you just wrote.. If God can exist (some type of energy,entity)..a ghost cant? (some sort of energy/entity)..?..i dunno...case closed.

J-Cee
09-11-2009, 11:33 PM
in this thread, J-Cee, we have discovered that you are a religious person, and that you didnt even know it yourself. lol

:hippy:

no,im a spiritual person in a sense,in that i believe theres things out there that i dont know,a higher force etc etc..

hectis
09-12-2009, 02:39 AM
I have seen ghost, so yeah I belive in ghost

Mumm Ra
09-12-2009, 05:28 AM
it's hard for me to really say man..
i mean, I've witnessed first hand some physical ghost markings

found these in a box, i can only conclude that they are ghost turds

http://www.justglass-online.com/wp-content/uploads/packing%20peanuts.jpg

so yeah, there's ghosts out there
and they like to shit in boxed mail

hectis
09-12-2009, 07:26 AM
if ghost are not real then explain this
ZF_Dhgisbys

luckily there is a group of people who specialize in matters like this that you can call if there's something strange in the neighborhood
X8eLP4Bgsuo

Steve Urkel
09-12-2009, 08:49 AM
X8eLP4Bgsuo

This used to be my show.

http://ash1121.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/ghost_busters_game_stay_puft_marsh.jpg

Huggasaurus Sex
09-12-2009, 09:04 AM
a lot of youtube videos look like bullshit, but this one had some pretty strange things in it
deoJUBW9CI8
check out that girl in the mirror at the very end, in the end who really knows? but the shit is weird

the video editing and other visual tricks are pretty obvious in all of those. :{

11th Chamber
09-12-2009, 06:47 PM
Yea I always believed, Ghost Hunters on SciFi also helped keep my belief. Iv seen and heard way to much evidence to disprove it

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
09-12-2009, 09:29 PM
i believe in them.

as a child i was always scared of them. but when i actually saw one for the first time at the age of 28, i realised there was nothing to be scared of. the ghosts who visit me once in a while, i believe, are my ancestors.

Steve Urkel
09-12-2009, 10:52 PM
^^

No really, i am sick. i'm on meds and everything.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
09-12-2009, 10:55 PM
so? you don't need to be sick in order to believe in ghosts. my sickness is irrelevant here.

Steve Urkel
09-12-2009, 10:59 PM
so? you don't need to be sick in order to believe in ghosts. my sickness is irrelevant here.

No really, i am sick. i'm on meds and everything.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
09-12-2009, 11:06 PM
are you saying that only sick people believe in ghosts?

i'm not the only person who has seen ghosts. i've spoken to a few people who have seen the same ones i see. one person even saw it at the same time. she didn't believe it at first cos she sees them when she's at her own place. she didn't believe they were ghosts because she only ever saw them when she was high, it was a similar story with me, i almost always saw them when i was high. however, i'm not always high when i see them, and i've been blazing since like '95 and i've only started seeing these ghosts in '05. plus, last boxing day, while we (my girl who sees them too) were watching tv we both saw one. she had to believe me then cos if it was a figment of our imagination then we couldn't have both been imagining it at the same time.

MAYOR QUIMBY
09-13-2009, 03:22 PM
^^^ Correction, Trixx. You've spoken to people not who have seen a ghost, but who BELIEVE they've seen a ghost. They saw an unexplained sighting and believed it to be a ghost.

MAYOR QUIMBY
09-13-2009, 03:27 PM
one person even saw it at the same time. she didn't believe it at first cos she sees them when she's at her own place. she didn't believe they were ghosts because she only ever saw them when she was high, it was a similar story with me, i almost always saw them when i was high.
Yep, ghosts are definately real.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
09-15-2009, 11:01 PM
^^^ Correction, Trixx. You've spoken to people not who have seen a ghost, but who BELIEVE they've seen a ghost. They saw an unexplained sighting and believed it to be a ghost.

yes, i believe what i see are ghosts. i can't prove that they are definitely ghosts but then again, there isn't anyone on earth who could.

there's a lot of reasons why i believe they are ghosts and that they're my ancestors but i can't be fucked to type the reasons why i believe so. they do not resemble hollywood's idea of ghosts at all.

i have pictures, a sample and a short video of said unexplained sightings but i can't be fucked to post them. if anyone knows someone who works in a science lab who could analyse the sample that i have, please let me know. i've had the sample since sometime last year.

and yes, i smoke greens but don't really do any other illicit substances on a regular.

dbdavidwu4ever
09-16-2009, 04:00 AM
Yo man I remember a couple years back I saw what appeared to be the ghost of a little kid, and it was in the bright morning time as well. It was in my house. The bad thing is I think I scared it because I scram out,"Oh shit!", when I saw it so it ran away, it's weird because it honestly felt harmless and seemed as it meant no harm and I scared it away, and no I've never done drugs or even been drunk before.

Guarded By Martyrs
11-22-2009, 08:43 PM
Yes I do.

Always have done.

One time I saw something in my old house, that to this day I can't explain
And the only conclusion I came to, was that it was a ghost.

The unknown has always fascinated me, and not to sound cliché
But if you hold no belief in something...you wont get it
And in this case, why would they allow themselves to be visible to you ?

KaramelSundae
11-23-2009, 03:33 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jaPq921jHo0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jaPq921jHo0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m26tMfMgNko&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m26tMfMgNko&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SID
11-23-2009, 08:09 AM
I believe in the spirit world, but i believe you have to be a learned mind to see past this material plane, once you acquire the relevant knowledge i think you can see spirits.

Uncle Steezo
11-23-2009, 11:17 AM
you can't even see your own faggotry, how the hell you gonna see a spirit?

SID
11-23-2009, 11:29 AM
One must acquire sacred knowledge, convert the sacred knowledge into glitter form, then spray the sacred glitter mix unto a xxxl jumper, then and only then will one see ones own faggotry.

SKENG BLOWNTEP