PDA

View Full Version : Buckshot ruined "Survival skills"

Shaolin Bloody Sword
09-10-2009, 12:56 AM
With korny hooks on some tracks !!! The album could have been better. I'm still listening to it now. The track with Talib Kweli is ill !!! Finally opinion coming soon....Smiff N Wessun killed it too.

Shaolin Bloody Sword
09-10-2009, 01:24 AM
I have to say that the album is 1/2 good ! Some tracks are really good and some are either boring or suffering from a Korny hook by Buckshot. My fav tracks are: Oh Really, Connection, Run away, Think of the things, One shot, Murder 1, The way i live. I'm really feeling these 7 tracks ! The rest is boring.....

adrianoter
09-10-2009, 01:37 AM
krs and immortal tech need to rock out an LP, krs sounds hungry as hell on this...

ALCATRAZ
09-10-2009, 01:59 AM
word immortal technique and krs perfect balance of styles

killafifth
09-10-2009, 02:04 AM
Krs one iz the nucleus in hiphops atomic structure

Poetic Wun
09-10-2009, 06:06 AM
word immortal technique and krs perfect balance of styles
god damn... imagine! that'd be too real. they'd be assassinated

UncontrolledSubstans
09-10-2009, 06:15 AM
Bullshit. He was just as good as KRS. The album is really good btw.

Shaolin Bloody Sword
09-10-2009, 07:14 AM
Bullshit. He was just as good as KRS. The album is really good btw.

So u wanna tell me that u like Bucshot's hooks ? He ruined a lot of tracks with some wack hooks e.g: Robot & much more....

joe245
09-10-2009, 08:59 AM
Yo, anyone got a link?

Peace

food for thought
09-10-2009, 10:02 AM
^ some idiot posted it in the Wu Chamber

im sure its still there

claaa7
09-10-2009, 10:12 AM
listening to the album now, made it through half by now and i'm actually suprised at how dope this is. production is really dope so far and it's nice to see that it's done by the new generations of stars that still embodies the boom-bap movement (Marco Polo, Illmind, Black Milk, MoSS, Nottz and 9th Wonder) and Buckshot and especially KRS-One shines on this. I agree with you that some of Buckshot's hooks like on "Robot" are cheesy and drags down the rating a lil bit but still this album is FIRE. Guest artists are definitely on point, the joints with Smif-N-Wessun and Immortal Technique is just nasty.

Damn 2009 has really shaped up to be filled with true quality releases; MF DOOM, J Dilla, Blaq Poet, Raekwon, Method Man & Redman, M.O.P, KRS-One & Buckshot, Wu-Tang Chamber Music and Sadat X all represents the type of hip-hop i wanna listen to and with big releases from Cormega, OC & AG, NYGz and Ghostface this year is incredible.

theDZA
09-10-2009, 02:29 PM
^ co sign...

and theres MF Grimm and Rakim still to come as well

Poetic Wun
09-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Damn 2009 has really shaped up to be filled with true quality releases; MF DOOM, J Dilla, Blaq Poet, Raekwon, Method Man & Redman, M.O.P, KRS-One & Buckshot, Wu-Tang Chamber Music and Sadat X all represents the type of hip-hop i wanna listen to and with big releases from Cormega, OC & AG, NYGz and Ghostface this year is incredible.
no love for Q Tip?

triPAUD
09-11-2009, 12:32 AM
listening to the album now, made it through half by now and i'm actually suprised at how dope this is. Production is really dope so far and it's nice to see that it's done by the new generations of stars that still embodies the boom-bap movement (marco polo, illmind, black milk, moss, nottz and 9th wonder) and buckshot and especially krs-one shines on this. I agree with you that some of buckshot's hooks like on "robot" are cheesy and drags down the rating a lil bit but still this album is fire. Guest artists are definitely on point, the joints with smif-n-wessun and immortal technique is just nasty.

Damn 2009 has really shaped up to be filled with true quality releases; mf doom, j dilla, blaq poet, raekwon, method man & redman, m.o.p, krs-one & buckshot, wu-tang chamber music and sadat x all represents the type of hip-hop i wanna listen to and with big releases from cormega, oc & ag, nygz and ghostface this year is incredible.

rakim

claaa7
09-11-2009, 02:25 AM
lol yeah you're obviously gonna forget something but i got love for both Rakim, Grimm and of course Q-Tip although i'm not to sure about the "Kamaal The Abstract" project but we'll see what it sounds like.

YungSunny
09-11-2009, 05:06 AM
That robot got played on 106 and park as a new joint.
God it was garbage.

joe245
09-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Who cares, they want that pop shit, that soft hip hop shit, that KRS and Buck-not shit!

Dope as fuck album. Well worth the buy when it's released.

angry!
09-11-2009, 02:03 PM
he didnt ruin shit you homo. buckshot isnt the same emcee he was, he lost alot of his tenacity over the years, and hes nowhere near krs on the mic. even still, hes solid. i can agree that some hooks are flimsy, but id rather have hot verses than wack verses and hot hooks!!!

niggas is mad critical, you think buck thinks hes in krs' league? hell naaw, doesnt mean he cant rock with the teacher!!

main_man
09-11-2009, 03:00 PM
i've always like buck and i think black moons album "total eclipse" is hard as hell and slept on. hes not quick with the words, but hes always been a good mc in my eyes. still gotta listen to this krs-one album though.

M-Dizzle
09-11-2009, 03:21 PM
he didnt ruin shit you homo. buckshot isnt the same emcee he was, he lost alot of his tenacity over the years, and hes nowhere near krs on the mic. even still, hes solid. i can agree that some hooks are flimsy, but id rather have hot verses than wack verses and hot hooks!!!

niggas is mad critical, you think buck thinks hes in krs' league? hell naaw, doesnt mean he cant rock with the teacher!!

Buckshot is still fire though, at Rock the Bells in Chicago, him and KRS were tearing that shit up! Buckshot was amazing though

djskillz
09-12-2009, 04:48 AM
Didn't even know this leaked. Downloading now.

Shaolin Bloody Sword
09-12-2009, 06:52 PM

Faggot ! Do u think before writing or just let it out like diarrhea ? You contradicting yourself lol. Read what u wrote }:T

You started by saying Buckshot didnt ruin shit then down the road admitted that some hooks aren't good. Case closed ! :yessad: