PDA

View Full Version : Tim Westwood's radio 1 show

Wu-tang Fan
09-13-2009, 04:22 AM
For those of you who don't know Tim Westwood got me into hip-hop. It was 1997 when I first tuned in and it has been my music ever since. I still listen to it now and again just for old times sake, but it is a shit show nowadays. He fell off a long time ago. I tuned in last night because I wanted to see if Cuban Linx 2 got some play. I listened up to 10 pm but not a peep. It is strange because The Blueprint 3 got some joints played off it. Anyone else listen last night?

Sky Blue Bally Kid
09-13-2009, 04:48 AM
I caught the last 20 mins and it was shocking, he played nothing but Weezy/Baby tracks almost non stop :(

To be fair though I tuned in at the same time about a month ago and he did play a pretty cool Wu medley :)

Wu-tang Fan
09-13-2009, 05:02 AM
Nice to hear mate. Even though he ventures into decent music in the later hours of the show, I really don't know how he hasn't realised how crap he has got, it's like he's really lost the passion and just been in it for the money for years now.

Sky Blue Bally Kid
09-13-2009, 02:48 PM
To be fair the DJ's on Radio 1 (the bigger ones anyway) don't get a great deal of say in what they play.

Wu-tang Fan
09-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Ah is that how it goes down now days? I noticed that they don't allow any swear words now even though it is after 9 pm.

Soul Controller
09-15-2009, 06:03 AM
westwood was sick back in the early 90's
i remember him n marley marl doing pirate radio from some1's moms house
aint listened to westwood.. since.. early 2000's
the type of tracks he played.. the people who he had as guests.
changed.. from real hiphop. to those doing well in the charts.
i respect him for the amount of artists he got me into back inthe day
but now..

he has sold the fuck out

KLIION JENSEN
09-15-2009, 06:43 AM
Westwood has always played the commercial hip hop, or the hip hop thats getting money, its just that back in the day, the money getters were Wu Tang, Def Squad, Onyx, Biggie, etc and the sound of the "money making" hip hop has gotten shitter, its turned from hip hop to r'n'b....therefore the music that Westwood plays & the rappers he gets on the show, are shittier than they were in '95....

he aint sold out nuthin, he's just doing & playing what his JOB dictates to him....

now he is an idiot though....i'll back that argument......

Ginnsey
09-15-2009, 10:01 AM
Tim Wetwood is a fuckin prick!!! Cant stand him! Never listen to his show. He doesnt know shit about real Hip Hop! And that bullshit Pimp my ride UK version is absolute bollocks aswell!!!! I literally had to smack my mate accross the face when he wouldnt change the channel and i was in his car one friday night!! I feel sorry for people who had tim wetwood as their introduction the genre

had to get that off my chest!! Sorry if u think hes the dogs balls