PDA

View Full Version : Making DVD Drive Region Free

noel411
09-18-2009, 11:23 PM
I bought an LG GP08LU10 external dvd burner recently and I want to burn dvd's of different region codes with it. As most people would know most dvd drives only enable you to change the region code 5 times before it gets stuck on the final setting you selected.

I downloaded the program AnyDVD to overcome this. This program was great as all I had to do was put in the dvd and AnyDVD would read it and allow me to proceed as usual regardless of what region code it was, and burn my dvd's with DVD Shrink. Unfortunately my AnyDVD trial ran out, and now whenever I have tried to dl it again, with cracks and keys and whatever, I get a message saying that my trial has expired whenever I try to run the newly installed version of the program. One torrent in particular that I dl'ed came with a registration key, and whenever I run it or open it with the register option in the program, I get a message saying that my program is now registered and telling me to restart AnyDVD. But when I try to open it I get the same old shit about my trial having expired. I have tried this over and over, resetting my computer after the install and registration, trying various different dl's of the program, deleting past registration information and trying again, all to no avail.

So I've pretty much given up on that program. I'm tired of wasting hours on the fucken shit. I'm pretty sure even if I bought it I'd get the same old tired shit about my trial having expired when I tried to install it.

What other alternatives are there? I'd love to get another program that operated the same as AnyDVD, in that it read the dvd when I inserted it and voided the necessity of changing the region code. I'd like to burn my dvd's with DVD Shrink once the region code thing has been bypassed.

Steve Urkel
09-19-2009, 11:03 AM
I bought an LG GP08LU10 external dvd burner recently and I want to burn dvd's of different region codes with it. As most people would know most dvd drives only enable you to change the region code 5 times before it gets stuck on the final setting you selected.

I downloaded the program AnyDVD to overcome this. This program was great as all I had to do was put in the dvd and AnyDVD would read it and allow me to proceed as usual regardless of what region code it was, and burn my dvd's with DVD Shrink. Unfortunately my AnyDVD trial ran out, and now whenever I have tried to dl it again, with cracks and keys and whatever, I get a message saying that my trial has expired whenever I try to run the newly installed version of the program. One torrent in particular that I dl'ed came with a registration key, and whenever I run it or open it with the register option in the program, I get a message saying that my program is now registered and telling me to restart AnyDVD. But when I try to open it I get the same old shit about my trial having expired. I have tried this over and over, resetting my computer after the install and registration, trying various different dl's of the program, deleting past registration information and trying again, all to no avail.

So I've pretty much given up on that program. I'm tired of wasting hours on the fucken shit. I'm pretty sure even if I bought it I'd get the same old tired shit about my trial having expired when I tried to install it.

What other alternatives are there? I'd love to get another program that operated the same as AnyDVD, in that it read the dvd when I inserted it and voided the necessity of changing the region code. I'd like to burn my dvd's with DVD Shrink once the region code thing has been bypassed.

DVD Decrypter. It can pretty much remove all region restrictions on any disc. Although you will have to really look for it because it was banned. If you still can't find it hit me up with a pm and ill send you a link.

noel411
09-20-2009, 12:45 AM
I already have DVD Decrypter. Didn't realise it removed region restrictions though. Cheers mate.

Giflord
09-20-2009, 02:12 AM
Noel i love that barrel in your sig..

noel411
09-20-2009, 09:35 PM
Yeah it's a great pic. It's taken at one of my locals. Unfortunately it hasn't looked anything like that for a long time. It fired all last winter, but has been shit since, bar a few good runs here and there.