PDA

View Full Version : Paul Walker, Idris Elba, T.I., Chris Brown, Michael Ealy, Zoe Saldana's The Takers

CharlesJones
09-19-2009, 03:38 PM
I saw previews for this last weekend when i went to see Tyler Perry's new movie I Can Do Bad All By Myself. This is a action flick and it's about Idris and Paul have some guys working with them that are thieves. Matt Dillon is also in this as a cop it looks like. It looks like rapper T.I. is a bad guy in this. It comes out this fall. I'm gonna check and see when it comes out. The movie poster looks good.

Rame
09-28-2009, 03:39 PM
http://cdn.videogum.com/img/thumbnails/photos/takers_poster.jpg

Don't know what to think about it.

I'll check it out sometime.

CharlesJones
10-02-2009, 11:49 AM
It comes out in February. I was upset when i saw that it was coming out next year because when i saw the previews recently, i thought it was coming out soon. Like i said, the previews look good to me. So i'll be checking it out.

CharlesJones
02-20-2010, 10:33 AM
Well i saw recently that The Takers got pushed back to May 14th. Damn that's a long wait but i'm gonna check it out.

beautifulrock
02-20-2010, 11:03 AM
looks stupid

CJ, why is it every time you make one of these threads you put possessives on the actor's like it's their movie?
The only one who should have possession in this situation is the director.

CharlesJones
02-20-2010, 11:19 AM
Beautifulrock, i figured you would say it looks stupid because your a woman and women like wack movies hahahahahahahahaha. What difference does it make how i type my topics in the movies forum?

beautifulrock
02-20-2010, 11:28 AM
Charles, first of all, I'm not a woman, if that was intended to be some sort of dig. Second, I bothered to take the time to look into the background of this movie, and it's clear that from the push backs and the fact that the director's last movie was in 2000 tells me it won't be very good, plus the cast is mostly lousy. Third, please don't lecture me on what makes a good movie, especially when you defend Tyler Perry movies, and consider bullshit trite like this that should just go to DVD a "good" movie. This won't be a good movie, not even close.

The way you type your titles is a glaring example of your ignorance on the subject, that's why. If you don't learn to do things at least a little right, nobody will take you seriously, and they don't.
Good day sir.

CharlesJones
02-20-2010, 12:00 PM
What's wrong with Tyler Perry's movies? You think they're ghetto? Tyler knows what his audience likes and that's why blacks like his movies. Black movies don't have to be serious all the time. I don't give a fuck what you say about The Takers. It looks good to me. What type of movies do you like? You like Meryl Streep's movies? Hahahahahahahahahaha.

beautifulrock
02-20-2010, 12:14 PM
I have no problem with "black movies", the fact you wanna bring race into the conversation is pathetic. Put it back in the deck. Tyler Perry is just an awful writer and actor. If you don't believe me, go look up the scores and comments for each of his movies on Imdb. If any one of them is rated higher than a 7 I'll give you a million dollars. I like movies that are well written and have great characters. Explosions, green screen tactics and other visuals that are meant to distract dumber viewers, don't impress me.

The fact that Tyler Perry resorts to bottom of the barrel writing to "impress" black people should be utterly insulting to you. I mean, he's trying to insult your intelligence and not only do you let him, you defend him as well.

CharlesJones
02-20-2010, 12:26 PM
Why is your name Beautifulrock when your a guy? Hahahahahahahahahaha

beautifulrock
02-20-2010, 12:28 PM
It's literally what my last name means, and it's a poker reference. I'm man enough to use it without worrying about my masculinity.

Laughing at thou own jokes doth not make them funnier so sayeth the squire.

CharlesJones
02-20-2010, 02:07 PM
Whatever. I don't have a problem with Tyler Perry's movies and i don't care what the critics have to say about him. The brother is making a lot of money and he has his own studio company and i'm happy for him. He's not going to Hollywood movie companies and asking them to finance his movies. He's doing it independently and that's the way to go. There aren't that many black filmmakers left and he's one of the few that's doing very well. You see Spike Lee faded and most movie companies won't deal with him because of the serious movies he does and he doesn't kiss Hollywood's ass. So movie companies have a problem with him LOL. People say he's outspoken and controversial but i disagree. There's nothing wrong with being controversial and not being a asskisser. If Spike kissed Hollywood's ass, then movie companies would deal with him LOL. Antoine Fuqua, F Gary Gray, Tyler Perry and Spike Lee's cousin Malcolm Lee are the few black directors left. Why do you think that is?

beautifulrock
02-20-2010, 02:35 PM
You forgot John Singleton, Kasi Lemmons, Carl Franklin, the Van Peebles brothers, the Hughes brothers, the Wayans Brothers, Ossie Davis (an all time great), Danny Glover, Robert Townsend, Denzel Washington, and Hype Williams. And those are just the ones I could remember off the top of my head, and every one is better than Tyler Perry.

CharlesJones
02-20-2010, 03:31 PM
Most of those black directors you named aren't making movies anymore except Denzel hahahahahahahahahaha. John Singleton's last movie was Four Brothers and Hughes Brothers just came back with new Denzel movie Book Of Eli. Before that movie, they hadn't made a movie in awhile LOL. When did Danny Glover direct a movie? LOL. I forgot Kasi Lemmons last movie was Talk To Me with Don Cheadle but she doesn't make movies often. You just a Tyler Perry hater. You just mad because he got a lot of money and you don't LOL.

beautifulrock
02-20-2010, 03:39 PM
Good argument

CharlesJones
02-21-2010, 12:39 PM
Beautifulrock, Denzel only directed 2 movies Antwone Fisher and The Great Debaters hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I don't know why you said him because he hasn't directed a lot of movies.

beautifulrock
02-21-2010, 12:41 PM
Those two movies are brilliant, that makes him a director. End of story.

CharlesJones
02-21-2010, 12:54 PM
Whatever. I bet he won't direct anymore movies in the future. If he does, it won't be that many.

beautifulrock
02-21-2010, 12:55 PM
How much do you wanna bet?

CharlesJones
04-19-2010, 12:18 PM
The Takers got pushed back again to August 20th. I really would like to know why this movie keeps getting delayed. Next thing you know if it gets pushed back again, it's probably gonna come straight to video LOL.

CharlesJones
08-06-2010, 11:20 AM
Well i saw previews again for The Takers and it's coming out August 27th. I can't wait to see it.

check two
08-06-2010, 11:43 AM
How is T.I. going to be a tough bad guy? That's like having JJ Walker as a bodyguard.

CharlesJones
08-06-2010, 12:04 PM
What's wrong with T.I. playing a bad guy? You think just because he's skinny that he shouldn't play a bad guy? LOL. It's funny to me to see guys get upset when guys try to talk to their woman LOL. Michael Ealy got mad at T.I. in the previews when T.I. was talking to Zoe Saldana because i guess T.I. and Zoe used to be a couple.

Undiluted Karma
08-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Idris Elba ftw-good actor

CharlesJones
08-27-2010, 11:58 AM
The Takers came out today and i'm gonna see it tomorrow.

CharlesJones
09-04-2010, 12:16 PM
I saw Takers last weekend and it's good.

djskillz
09-04-2010, 01:14 PM
I liked it. Pretty straight forward movie.

CharlesJones
09-04-2010, 01:20 PM
I wanted to see more of Zoe Saldana and that kinda disappointed me that she wasn't in more scenes. I also noticed Jay Hernandez wife is the hot puerto rican girl that was in Fighting movie with Terrence Howard and Channing Tatum. She is hot. Jay is the hispanic guy that was Matt Dillon's cop partner. I was also surprised to see Glynn Turman who played in the 70's classic movie Cooley High and A Different World tv show. Glynn was Matt's boss and i was also surprised to see black guy Steve Harris who played on The Practice tv show. Steve worked for the FBI i think. Did ya'll know Steve's brother is actor Wood Harris who played on The Wire tv show, he was 2Pac's boy in Above The Rim movie and he played in Paid In Full movie with Mekhi Phifer and Camron?

check two
09-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Glynn Turman's best movie was J.D.'s Revenge.

CharlesJones
09-04-2010, 01:43 PM
I never saw that.

check two
09-04-2010, 01:44 PM
Well you should.

CharlesJones
09-04-2010, 01:51 PM
LOL. I'll get around to checking it out maybe next year. There's lots of new movies on video i haven't seen that i wanna see. Blockbuster Video always has a large selection of new movies. I'm gonna be upset if all the Blockbusters go outta business and i'm gonna have to get movies from Redbox vending machine or go online to get movies.

KaramelSundae
09-04-2010, 04:46 PM
stupid movie

i dont know who was cheesier matt dillon or t.i.?

i kept thinking t.i. was gonna bust out rapping

djskillz
09-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Glynn Turman's best movie was J.D.'s Revenge.

When I think of Glynn Turman I think of Clarence Royce from The Wire. I'm gonna check out that movie though.

RagnaroK
09-12-2010, 02:07 AM
saw it today and the movie was cool a lot better then i expected

i though this movie was gonna be a shit when i saw the trailer but i ended up liking it

check two
09-12-2010, 02:14 AM
irMFjLJgkwk