PDA

View Full Version : Sofia Coppola (GF3) >> Keanu Reeves (Dracula)

oDoUoSoKo
09-28-2009, 01:29 PM
i kno it sounds ridiculous...and i kno there was probably some really logical reason why Reeves was chosen, and y, after seeing his performance (or lack there of) he was still kept around...but, after seeing Dracula after a long time...it really struck me how unbelievably lame Reeves acting is in this fuckin movie..i mean, jesus christ...Francis? why? eloels...everyone else turned in good performances...FUCKIN TOM WAITS..shitted on Reeves, Tom fuckin Waits..eloels. thoughts?

oDoUoSoKo
09-28-2009, 07:59 PM
wtf? nobody?

oDoUoSoKo
09-29-2009, 08:05 PM
smfh..ok people, pay attention....

Sofia Coppola is Francis Ford Coppola's (director of The Godfather 3 and Dracula) daughter...she played Michael Corleone's daughter in the godfather 3..and is infamously shitted on, on a frequent basis for her performance....

Keanu Reeves is an actor. hes done things like The Matrix, Speed (i wish he fuckin did speed..eloels), and the Bill & Ted flicks....he just happened to play Jonathan Harker in Dracula...and he did so terribly...

IF U HAVE NOT SEEN EITHER OF THE 2 MOVIES IN QUESTION, SHOOT UR SELF IN THE THROAT WITH A POISONOUS FROG FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!!!!!!

now, thoughts? eloels

Guarded By Martyrs
09-30-2009, 12:49 PM
:lmao: "Dracula" was a very strange film to say the least.

But I have to admit, I was creasing up when he first speaks with Dracula
Being English myself I found his accent alone hilarious.
It really was painful to watch Keanu at times in that film.

On the acting side, it really wasn't his realm, terrible casting
In my opinion he's made for fantasy rolls (it ain't hard to tell why)
And being a "normal" man just doesn't fit him I feel, in fact any film I've see him in
Where he doesn't take on the roll of some fantasy-esque character...he's just shit.
Or straight laughable.

At the same time, I guess it could be viewed as a learning curve
I mean he really suited : "The Day The Earth Stood Still"
I don't think anyone else could have been Neo either.
Like an empty vessel, blank canvas whatever, he's perfect for those type rolls
Which doesn't boast much about his range.
As for his performance in "Dracula" it will always haunt him, or at least it should do.

Dr. Simon Hurt
09-30-2009, 03:44 PM
keanu reeves would be better suited to playing aliens or androids or human beings disconnected from reality in some way.

both performances are atrocious; keanu's is worse by virtue of him having been in several films by the point he appeared in dracula, while sofia copolla had never been in a film before. casting her was an idiotic decision, everyone was going to call that out as nepotism.

did you know winona ryder was originally supposed to play that part? she probably wouldn't have been that much better imo.

oDoUoSoKo
09-30-2009, 06:19 PM
ya i did know, but it woulda been weird...glad she didnt.