PDA

View Full Version : Kool Moe Dee

claaa7
09-29-2009, 05:52 AM
Anybody willing to put me on to some ill Kool Moe Dee, i don't think i barely heard anything from him but i heard that he was rugged as fuck at the beginning of his career. would be appreciated if one of y'all could post up some ill songs of his.

Koolish
09-29-2009, 01:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agnKPLrG2E0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8y6Ip91VGI

Memory Man
09-29-2009, 02:14 PM
9VEwTKiFirI

Prolifical ENG
09-29-2009, 02:17 PM
I always see his "Knowledge is King" (1989) album in the used disc store.

CharlesJones
10-31-2009, 12:18 PM
I haven't heard that many of his songs but the ones i've heard were soft. He had the nerve to diss LL Cool J when he's put out more soft shit than LL LOL. At least LL can say he's put out plenty of classic albums. Kool Moe Dee doesn't have any classic albums.

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-31-2009, 12:26 PM
Kool Moe Dee rugged as fuck?

dude wtf, seriously.

oDoUoSoKo
10-31-2009, 12:28 PM
lmao at ll having classic albums.

CharlesJones
10-31-2009, 12:35 PM
LOL@Ghostlaced dissing Claaa7 because he said Kool Moe Dee was rugged as fuck early in his career hahahahahahahahaha. Kool Moe Dee has never been hardcore. This is the same guy who's taking credit for dissing Busy Bee like Busy Bee is a good lyricist hahahahahahahahahaha. Dusk, you don't think LL has made any classic albums? How can you forget Radio, Bigger And Deffer, Walking With A Panther, Mama Said Knock You Out, Mr Smith, The GOAT? 14 Shots To The Dome was hard too. He's made more good albums than bad albums. Yeah i know his last 4 albums and Phenomenon were soft but he's made some good stuff. What albums can Kool Moe Dee say that he's done are good? LOL.

oDoUoSoKo
10-31-2009, 12:52 PM
i didnt forget them, i considered them, then realized that each of them are good to decent..not classic.

CharlesJones
10-31-2009, 01:11 PM
Whatever.

Mcthuggin99
10-31-2009, 01:16 PM
i got his How Ya Like Me Now cassette

Memory Man
10-31-2009, 01:53 PM
Kool Moe Dee rugged as fuck?

dude wtf, seriously.

^didn't check my post

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-31-2009, 02:00 PM
i dont ned to check your post i know all about treach 3, ive done my appretiship in 80 hip hop like all fans should do at some point if they didnt grow up in it. Special K was the best in group imo. Well he had the best style anyway, moe dees voice gets annoying.

Memory Man
10-31-2009, 05:02 PM
i dont ned to check your post i know all about treach 3, ive done my appretiship in 80 hip hop like all fans should do at some point if they didnt grow up in it. Special K was the best in group imo. Well he had the best style anyway, moe dees voice gets annoying.

have you heard t3 live? if not, you should check the post anyway. one of the best live acts in hiphop history.

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-31-2009, 05:47 PM
hell yeah it was dope

Hk_DBrjtH0s

KillahBee09
10-31-2009, 09:10 PM
Kool moe dee was rugged enough for an 80's emcee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj4CgnXs9tw

he rips that track apart anyway

claaa7
11-01-2009, 06:13 AM
yo thx for all the contributions to this thread, and Ghostlaced I obviously haven't heard barely anything from Kool Moe Dee before so what you're trying to say??

LORD NOSE
11-01-2009, 09:50 AM
I always see his "Knowledge is King" (1989) album in the used disc store.

don't sleep on this album - lyrics and styles on it is iLL

LORD NOSE
11-01-2009, 09:53 AM
Special K was the best in group imo.

lol - dam

anyway - Moe Dee made battling a serious sport
he was the first MC to make another MC cry after a battle
that's rugged
Treach 3 also made the records

out of flash and the furious
cold crush
funky 4 plus 1 - etc...

treach 3 had the best stuff on wax - also - when other MCs were on some humpty dumpty flow, Moe Dee was tongue twisting and saying deeper lyrics than anyone -

CharlesJones
11-01-2009, 12:35 PM
Kool Moe Dee can't fuck with LL Cool J lyrically and if you don't agree with me, just listen to LL's classic albums Radio, Bigger And Deffer, Walking With A Panther, Mama Said Knock You Out, 14 Shots To The Dome, Mr Smith, The GOAT. Any of those albums will smash all of Kool Moe Dee's soft albums hahahahahahahahahaha. I see LL gets a lot of hate on here probably because of the wack love songs and the last 4 soft albums and Phenomenon album of his. But dude is still a hardcore lyricist when he wants to be. I believe he could still make a hardcore album but he needs good beats and he hasn't had good beats the last 4 albums and his songs have been soft for awhile. Who else has Kool Moe Dee battled besides wack ass Busy Bee and LL?

LORD NOSE
11-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Lyrically ?

you must haven't studied Moe Dee -

i rather listen to LL because (IMO) Ls delivery is better and the passion behind the words is iLL - lyrically they are not that much different other than Moe Dee is more serious and LL is funny as hell - over all, i'd give the battle to LL - but Moe Dee is nice

Krs and LL would be a better battle - LL would have to be woken up before the battle though

CharlesJones
11-01-2009, 12:54 PM
I don't need to study Kool Moe Dee lyrically. I've heard a few songs by him and in my opinion, his music ain't fucking with LL's music. LL is a better lyricist than him. I'm tired of people dissing my boy LL. Yeah i'm mad at LL for putting out these soft ass albums he's done the last few years but i know what type of mc he is because of the classics he did in the 80's and 90's. I can listen to Radio, Bigger And Deffer, Walking With A Panther, Mama Said Knock You Out all the way through except i skip the love songs LOL. He was so lyrically raw on those albums and people forget that.

LORD NOSE
11-01-2009, 01:00 PM
no doubt - LL is slept on - and so is the foundation that LL came from

Ghost In The 'Lac
11-01-2009, 05:03 PM
LL isnt slept on you schmohawk, unless your a 90[s baby, everyone knows LL was nice, its a given.

And Special K was the best in T3. Fact.

LORD NOSE
11-01-2009, 06:34 PM
LL isnt slept on you schmohawk, unless your a 90[s baby, everyone knows LL was nice, its a given.

And Special K was the best in T3. Fact.

NO - allot of people sleep on LL

and as far as SK is concerned...............tell him that