PDA

View Full Version : sorry ass browns fan makes petition for owner to sell team

Olive Oil Goombah
09-30-2009, 01:09 PM
LOL...this is great

Mic Tyson
09-30-2009, 01:23 PM
Browns, Browns Beat Blog, NFL, Sports Impact »
Fed-up Cleveland Browns fan starts on-line petition asking owner Randy Lerner to sell team

Browns fans are considered among the NFL's most passionate, but the team’s uninspired 0-3 start after a decade of disappointment is trying their patience, to put it mildly.

Late in the fourth quarter of the Browns’ 34-3 thumping at Baltimore last Sunday, Corey Recko turned off the television and fired up his computer.

"At the two-minute warning," said the 34-year-old Lakewood writer and lifetime Browns fan, "I’d just had it."

Up to here in football frustration, Recko posted an online call for fans to sign a "Randy Lerner Must Sell the Cleveland Browns" petition on gopetition.com.

randy-lerner-eric-mangini.jpgThomas Ondrey, The Plain DealerWith just two winning seasons since 1999 under the ownership of the Lerner family, frustrated fans are asking Randy Lerner, left, here talking to coach Eric Mangini, to sell the team in hopes that a new owner would lead to more success on the field. "The once proud franchise in Cleveland has not been competitive under the ownership of Randolph (Randy) D. Lerner and is killing the strong fan support for the Browns," he wrote.

"Petition: We, the undersigned Cleveland Browns fans, ask Randy Lerner to do what is in the best interest of the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland fans, and the city of Cleveland, and sell the Cleveland Browns. The product on the field is unacceptable."

Within 24 hours, the petition had topped 700 signatures from Browns fans around the country. By early Tuesday evening, there were more than 1,200.

Some added comments, taking aim at the owner’s interest in a successful English pro soccer franchise and what appears to be a hands-off, indifferent approach to the Browns, at least publicly. Lerner took over the team when his father, Al, died in 2002.

"Sell the team to a Clevelander who cares about the fans, and focus on your soccor (sic) team please," one wrote.

"The complete mismanagement of the QB situation is all I needed to see. This is unacceptable from a passionate fan base. Sell our Browns and cheer for your true team Aston Villa," wrote another.

"We need a more involved, football-savvy owner," added another.

Because losing has been a pattern for all but two of the 11 seasons since the Browns returned in ’99, so has posting online petitions, calling for a coaching change.

An online call to "Fire Butch Davis and (then-offensive coordinator) Bruce Arians" in 2003 was followed by two "Fire Butch Davis" petitions in 2004 and a "Fire Romeo Crennel" petition last fall.

This time, frustrated Browns fans are bypassing the head coach, venting about the man who writes the checks.

"You can only change the quarterback and coach so many times," said Scott Bauchmoyer, a fan from Fairview Park who signed the petition. "If this was a company, you’d look to the CEO."

Recko wasn’t sure what he expected his petition to accomplish. He attended the team’s opening loss to Minnesota and has tickets for the Pittsburgh game in December, but may not even bother.

"They’re not even competitive," he said. "These Browns games are unwatchable."

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2009/09/fed-up_cleveland_browns_fan_st.html

Visionz
09-30-2009, 04:59 PM
can't say I blame them. They're horrible this year and have been for a while.

jsbeck
10-01-2009, 11:16 AM
www.SellTheBrowns.com

Art Vandelay
10-01-2009, 12:43 PM
haha, and those idiots in cleveland thought that bill cowher would coach in cleveland. why would any established coach ever go there?

Mic Tyson
10-01-2009, 02:02 PM
as a steelers fan, i actually want them to get a little better because its not even a rivalry anymore wit the browns

Olive Oil Goombah
10-01-2009, 06:24 PM
the real browns are in Baltimore. Honestly..that is how the Browns played. Hard defense, run the ball etc.

This new 'thing' is not Browns football. We should have the purple jerseys and they should have the original colors.

I love watching these idiots suffer...these morons who still fucking buy season tickets.

Mangini is already under heat. I love it.

I actually enjoy watching the Browns suck.

This sunday will be the first time i miss a Browns game since i started watching them. I've got 36 holes of golf lined up.

Art Vandelay
10-01-2009, 06:38 PM

just a couple months ago, you were a huge mangini supporter. the browns take after cleveland's citizens... they are soft. really, who goes golfing instead of watching football. maybe you should join in those gay olympics in 2014

Olive Oil Goombah
10-01-2009, 07:13 PM
first of all, if you couldnt understand the sarcasm of those posts....well, i wouldn't really be surprised being that your from Pissburgh.

Its like this....Pissburgh has the Pirates...we have the Browns. Now im guessing you skipped some Pirates games to go play hide the salami with one of your hockey buddies.

I'll be home in time to catch the 4 o clock game and check me fantasy stats.

Art Vandelay
10-02-2009, 11:19 AM
this is the first year i haven't been to atleast 4 or 5 pirate games. i only went to the home opener. after 17 years, you just get sick of seeing the owners pocketing money and putting a shit team out on the field. i'll probably do the same next year.

but tooch, look on the bright side of pittsburgh, tonight i will be at mellon arena watching the penguins raise their stanley cup banner. i know you're old, but i don't think you were alive to see a team from cleveland raise a championship banner.

Olive Oil Goombah
10-02-2009, 04:52 PM
I remember the Crunch winning alot of indoor soccer championships but i wont act like i watched any of them.

I've seen my Buckeyes upset Murder U...

And LeBron will be raising a banner this year.

So....yea, it aint even nuthin son.

The Browns....i dont expect anything from. havent since they left.

The Tribe.....We need new ownership. EVerything fell apart once Jacobs left. They changed the name of the field...blasphemy.

The Indians just blew it....3 times. Those hurt me the most cuz i love the indians.
This is the first year in a while haven't been down to a game

Mic Tyson
10-02-2009, 05:19 PM

hell yea

And LeBron will be raising a banner this year.

hell no

Olive Oil Goombah
10-02-2009, 08:51 PM
hell yes

Mic Tyson
10-02-2009, 09:29 PM
nope and then lebron is gone. what u gonna do when he leaves?

Olive Oil Goombah
10-02-2009, 09:31 PM
what you gonna do when he stays and wins several??

besides be mad and hate cuz he dont play for you??

Mic Tyson
10-02-2009, 09:44 PM
what you gonna do when he stays and wins several??

hell be in brooklyn. he aint stayin unless yall at least get to the finals, which u won't

besides be mad and hate cuz he dont play for you??

Kobe Bryant..... Kobe Bryant

netscape check two
10-03-2009, 04:27 AM
How come it shows that mic tyson started this thread, but he doesn't have the first post? lol

Olive Oil Goombah
10-03-2009, 07:05 AM
hell be in brooklyn. he aint stayin unless yall at least get to the finals, which u won't

Kobe Bryant..... Kobe Bryant

they dont play basketball in brooklyn. and you dont live there, so get off the brooklyn dick.

Im not a big Kobe fan. LeBron is much better.

Mic Tyson
10-03-2009, 11:25 AM
you'll be on the dick when lebron goes there just like u liked the cavs as soon as lebron got there. and my lakers gonna win again. cavs is gonna lose to the celtics they won't even get to the finals

Mic Tyson
10-03-2009, 11:33 AM
they dont play basketball in brooklyn.

of course they do

Im not a big Kobe fan. LeBron is much better.

no.

and i don't know why all you cleveland fans love lebron. he doesn't give a fuck about yall. hes an asshole, a sore loser, and a bitch. hes not gonna stay with cleveland. he isn't that type of player. he doesn't care about the city, or even Ohio for that matter. He wants to move to new york, he even said so. so i don't know why u guys defend him cuz once hes gone your all gonna hate him. he only cares about money and marketing, so he'll be gone unless you win a title, which won't happen

CharlesJones
10-03-2009, 12:25 PM
LOL@NickyTooch thinking that Lebron is gonna get a championship this season hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I don't think so but if it did happen, i'd be surprised. I kinda gotta agree with what Mic Tyson is saying about Lebron. I hope he doesn't leave Cleveland but if he does, i'd be surprised. The Nets and Knicks don't have a chance of ever winning a championship. So it would be a stupid decision for him to leave Cleveland to go to a losing team. Why would he leave a team that he's the franchise player of? That wouldn't make sense. He has a better chance of winning championships with Cleveland. Danny Ferry's bitch ass just gotta get him some better teammates. Anyway on the subject of the Browns, i haven't liked them ever hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. It doesn't matter who's coaching them. It doesn't matter who the owner is. They will always suck. I can't put all the blame on the coach and the owner because the athletes are the ones that are playing. So the blame has to be put on them.

Mic Tyson
10-03-2009, 12:37 PM
LOL@NickyTooch thinking that Lebron is gonna get a championship this season hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I don't think so but if it did happen, i'd be surprised. I kinda gotta agree with what Mic Tyson is saying about Lebron. I hope he doesn't leave Cleveland but if he does, i'd be surprised. The Nets and Knicks don't have a chance of ever winning a championship. So it would be a stupid decision for him to leave Cleveland to go to a losing team. Why would he leave a team that he's the franchise player of? That wouldn't make sense. He has a better chance of winning championships with Cleveland. Danny Ferry's bitch ass just gotta get him some better teammates. Anyway on the subject of the Browns, i haven't liked them ever hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. It doesn't matter who's coaching them. It doesn't matter who the owner is. They will always suck. I can't put all the blame on the coach and the owner because the athletes are the ones that are playing. So the blame has to be put on them.

i was sayin that lebron was leavin because he cares about money and fame, bottom line. and the fact that he doesn't like ohio and has the chance to move to a much bigger market in NY is what i think will make him leave.

and yea, the browns are playin like shit. theres really no excuse. everything about that organization is fucked up

CharlesJones
10-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Well we shall see if Lebron only cares about money and fame when his contract is up. If he decides to stay with Cleveland, then we'll know that he cares more about winning than money and fame. He'll be a damn fool to leave Cleveland to go to the sorry ass Nets or Knicks. Just because Jay-Z is his friend and Jay-Z has a job position with the Nets doesn't mean Lebron should go there. That would be a stupid decision. He's getting enough money and fame in Cleveland. So why would he want more of that in a bigger city and playing on a team that will never win a championship? I think he does care about Ohio. He's from Toledo, Ohio. So why wouldn't he love his hometown? Cleveland is better than Toledo LOL. I went to Toledo when i was a kid and that town is boring. Youngstown is probably the most boring city in Ohio hahahahahahahahahaha. I used to hate to go there to visit my cousins. If i was a NBA player, i wouldn't want to play for the Knicks because New York has way too many people and the traffic there is horrible. I don't like big cities. I love Cleveland because the cost of living is cheap, there's some cute black women here, the food is real good like a corned beef sandwich, chicken wings, steak and cheese sub and there isn't a whole lot of people here like Washington DC, New York, Los Angeles. Only things i hate about Cleveland is the low paying jobs and snow. I think Lebron might finish his career as a Cavalier and i would be surprised if he didn't. If i was him, i would talk to Carlos Boozer and get him to come back to Cleveland. I've been reading in basketball magazines that his contract is gonna be up soon in Utah and they're trying to get rid of him. He played really well for Cleveland and he should've never left.

Mic Tyson
10-03-2009, 01:57 PM
nah lebron from Akron. i read an article where he made a list of places he wanted to live and New York was 1st and akron was like 5th lol. Cleveland wasn't even on his list.

and Plain City and Delaware Ohio might be the most boring cities in Ohio

CharlesJones
10-03-2009, 02:05 PM
Oh my bad. I forgot he was from Akron. He had New York as #1 on his list of places he would like to live? Well that's his opinion but on my list of cities to live, New York would be nowhere on the list LOL. Damn that's bad he didn't put Cleveland on his list of cities to live. Cleveland is better than Akron.

netscape check two
10-03-2009, 03:57 PM
The Knicks have trouble even getting benchwarmers to go to their team right now. So I doubt they are going to get Lebron, unless they make a miraculous turnaround. lol Nobody wants to go there.

CharlesJones
10-03-2009, 04:07 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

netscape check two
10-03-2009, 04:18 PM
The biggest superstar the Knicks can get right now is Sun Yue:

http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Olympics+Day+6+Basketball+1OZtdJ0S9kJl.jpg

Olive Oil Goombah
10-07-2009, 06:57 PM
The KNicks organization is the only organization in sports probably worse than the Cleveland Browns organization.

Only LeBron haters say he is going to leave.

Its funny how all the Kobe dickriders hate LeBron cuz he eclipsed Kobe as the best player in the league.

I mean, I dont hate Kobe, he does his thing, but bottom line, I'd rather watch LeBron that Kobe any day of the week.

And I've been a Cavs fan my whole life. Im born and raised in Cleveland, so y the fuck wouldnt i be a LeBron fan? stupid

Ur from columbus and u suck Laker cock.

LBJ is a BUCKEYE dog. Get ur facts straight. if we balled in college it would have been at Ohio State. He has said this.

So how pissed is everyone gonna be when he stays?

I mean, I could see New Yorkers tryin to get all hyped that he's going to NY, but I dont get why anyone else would want that.

Get off the NY dick...get off the wu dick...just get off their dicks and worry about your own LeBron-less town.

CharlesJones.....your not from Cleveland.

Art Vandelay
10-08-2009, 05:22 PM

i live closer to ohio st. than you do, and i live in pennsylvania. you can't claim them as your team

Olive Oil Goombah
10-08-2009, 07:39 PM
first of all....no.

Second of all, just no

Third of all.....fuckin no Art.

Just plain no

CharlesJones
10-10-2009, 02:13 PM
NickyTooch, i'm not even gonna waste my time arguing with your ignorant ass about me being from Cleveland. I don't know how many times i have to prove it to you that iam from there. You asked me questions before about stores and other things in the city that i told you about which showed you that iam from Cleveland but for some reason you don't believe me. Why don't you believe me? I was born at St. Lukes hospital on Martin Luther King Blvd which is near by Buckeye Street. I used to go to Cleveland School Of The Arts elementary school on Chester Street. Are you familiar with Buckeye and Chester streets? I've been to the Flats area in downtown Cleveland lots of times. I used to live in Garfield Heights. I used to live near by Lee Road and Harvard Road. Are you familiar with those streets? If you're familiar with any of this, you can't tell me that i'm not from Cleveland. I've talked to you before about Randall Park Mall which is probably gonna be closed soon and turned into a shopping center. Tower City mall is the only good mall in Cleveland LOL. Beachwood Mall is boring. Parmatown Mall is boring. Severance used to have a mall in Cleveland Heights but it's a shopping center now. They should've kept it as a mall. I also remember the bowling alley that Severance used to have and there were some pool tables inside. That place should've stayed there.

Olive Oil Goombah
10-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Tower City is nuthin but blacks....you been away awhile.

Now there is Legacy Village on the Eastside and Crocker Park out west.

Beachwood in nuthing but Jews overcharging for everything in the mall..

And yes, I am familiar with St. Luke's, Buckeye, Chester etc.....i never said you didnt live here, I just said, your not originally from here.

Mic Tyson
10-15-2009, 11:42 PM
The KNicks organization is the only organization in sports probably worse than the Cleveland Browns organization.

Only LeBron haters say he is going to leave.

Its funny how all the Kobe dickriders hate LeBron cuz he eclipsed Kobe as the best player in the league.

I mean, I dont hate Kobe, he does his thing, but bottom line, I'd rather watch LeBron that Kobe any day of the week.

And I've been a Cavs fan my whole life. Im born and raised in Cleveland, so y the fuck wouldnt i be a LeBron fan? stupid

Ur from columbus and u suck Laker cock.

LBJ is a BUCKEYE dog. Get ur facts straight. if we balled in college it would have been at Ohio State. He has said this.

So how pissed is everyone gonna be when he stays?

I mean, I could see New Yorkers tryin to get all hyped that he's going to NY, but I dont get why anyone else would want that.

Get off the NY dick...get off the wu dick...just get off their dicks and worry about your own LeBron-less town.

CharlesJones.....your not from Cleveland.

was this only directed at CJ?

CharlesJones
10-17-2009, 02:30 PM
NickyTooch, iam from Cleveland. You wanna see my birth certificate? LOL. I just told your ass that i was born at St. Lukes hospital in Cleveland. What more you need to know for me to show proof? LOL. Yes i have been away from Cleveland for 7 years now. I just put Cleveland as my location on here because i love Cleveland and i wish i was still there. I was forced to move from there because i couldn't get a good job.

Art Vandelay
10-17-2009, 02:42 PM

you mean there isn't 1 janitor job in all of cleveland? the fucking city is a shithole. i imagine that they need lots of janitors to clean that fucking place.

CharlesJones
10-17-2009, 03:24 PM
How you know Cleveland is a shithole? You ever been there? I've had a few janitorial jobs in Cleveland but i quit them because they didn't pay enough. I've had several factory jobs there too that paid a low salary and the work is hard and i quit those jobs because of those reasons. Plus several of my co-workers were ignorant black guys who were always picking on me and i hated them. I'm not gonna work with black guys who are gonna pick on me especially when i'm not bothering them. That's the same bullshit i had to deal with when i was in high school and that's why i don't like being around ignorant black guys. Why do you make fun of janitors? It's better to be doing that and getting paid than to be locked up. Most black men won't even take a job like that if they don't have a job.

Art Vandelay
10-17-2009, 03:27 PM
i've been to cleveland once or thrice. a bum asked me for 50¢. so i made him chant "here we go steelers" for it.

CharlesJones
10-17-2009, 03:33 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahaha. Speaking of Pittsburgh Art, have you seen this movie called Bridge To Nowhere with Ving Rhames? It was filmed in Pittsburgh and it's about 4 white guys that have dead end jobs and they're tired of being poor and they wanna become pimps because they saw 2 white girls that were prostitutes and they figured they could make a lot of money off of them. They also get involved in the drug business because the 2 girls are drug addicts and Ving Rhames is a drug dealer and they do business with him. Black actor Blair Underwood directed it. It's pretty good. It has mostly unknown actors in it. Bijou Philips is in it as a prostitute and she played in Havoc movie with Anne Hathaway and Freddie Rodriguez.

Art Vandelay
10-17-2009, 03:47 PM
i haven't seen it yet, but a friend of mine told me it was awful. right now, there are 2 movies being filmed in pittsbrugh. one is with russell crowe and rza, the other is with jake gyllenhaal and anne hathaway.

some of the worst movies ever have been filmed in pittsburgh...

Sudden Death with jean-claude van damme
striking distance with Bruce Willis
Inspecor Gadget

netscape check two
10-17-2009, 03:50 PM
Yeah, the Pitt area is known for making bad movies. I haven't seen the Mothman Prophecies(based on true story), but I heard it was pretty bad..filmed in nearby Kittanning. The best movie made around that area was the remake of My Bloody Valentine.

CharlesJones
10-17-2009, 03:55 PM
I don't think the movie was awful. I think Blair Underwood did a good job of giving a message to black and white youth that pimping and drug dealing will lead you to prison or death. Another thing that the white boys did which is so typical is that they bought expensive cars, jewelry, nice clothes when they started making a lot of money and what they should've did is kept a low profile and not buy expensive things so the cops wouldn't know what they were doing. One of the white guys that came up with the plan for them to become pimps and drug dealers bought a expensive house and had a birthday party for him there which was real fucking stupid. I liked Striking Distance with Bruce Willis. Sarah Jessica Parker actually looked good in that one and i don't think she's that cute LOL. I don't know who decided to make her the star of Sex And The City tv show because Kim Cattrall should've been the star since she's the hottest of the 4 girls LOL. I don't watch Sex And The City but i used to have a few episodes of it on vhs and i would fast forward to the scenes showing Kim having sex because i only like her outta the 4 girls LOL. Sudden Death with Van Damme is the one where he's at a hockey game right? What is the movie with Russell Crowe and The RZA gonna be about?

Art Vandelay
10-17-2009, 04:05 PM
Yeah, the Pitt area is known for making bad movies. I haven't seen the Mothman Prophecies(based on true story), but I heard it was pretty bad..filmed in nearby Kittanning. The best movie made around that area was the remake of My Bloody Valentine.

actually there have been a few good ones...

silence of the lambs
deer hunter
zach and miri make a porno (so i hear, haven't seen it yet)
kingpin (some scenes)
dogma (some scenes)
night of the living dead
slapshot

Dirty Knowledge
11-05-2009, 02:29 PM
I wonder if NickyTooch is one of the fans that Lerner met with.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-05-2009, 05:41 PM
no. fuck the browns. Im a bigger buckeye fan when it comes to football, always have been.

my browns haven't existed since they split for BAL. The team since then is a joke